Page 1 of 25 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: gamers are shit

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

2. Thumbs Up To This Post by: vriskatime

in a nightmare, i am falling vriskatime's Avatar

i hate all gamers/ most games journalists . just whiny, self entitled spoiled brats that still buy whatever they complain about. oh no you spent $20 on "only 10 hours" of gameplay, oh what a ripoff!!!!.

to be fair, phil fish has issues and probably shouldn't have responded in that fashion, but the "annoyedGamer" guy was being really awful here.

you guys should still play fez tho

Blog Entries

haven’t tweeted in 2 days? Hopefully you died you fucking bald cunt. Go buy some wax to rub on that head of yours.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovebender.com View Post
    I love women.

a whiz with cold drinks Frightened Inmate No. 2's Avatar
    Blog Entries

serves him right for messing with the snipers, and ruining those poor gamers' lives.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Sandford II View Post
    While not humorous, would be cool if someone actually put this in their sig.

Blog Entries

Christ on a crutch....

Anyway, speaking as someone who plays video games a lot more casually than he did about 3 or 4 years ago, yes, I do see a lot of gamers as neurotic asshats, but then again, I stop and think that the majority of the gamers spouting abuse like the stuff seen in those Twitter comments are between like... 12 to 16 years old. I know there's a hoard of sad manchildren out there, who it's most likely too late for, but I can at least hope that the younger gamers spouting comments like that wise the fuck up before they are given genuine problems and responsibilities to deal with.
    How to remaster

Blog Entries

Phil Fish is quite the character though. Why does he get mad at people who (admittedly over-the-top) criticize his games, when he does stuff like this?

And here's an angry tirade of tweets I got from the first link.

Blog Entries

I'm unfamiliar with Phil Fish, but he seems like quite an easily butthurt guy.

Also, he just looks like kind of a tool...I know that's shallow of me to say since I'm simply talking about his appearance but hey, judging by those tweets the shoe does indeed fit

9. Thumbs Up To This Post by: D4C

direct floor engagement steamed_hamms's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Phil Fish gets an unbelievable amount of abuse from a gaming population who are sick of devs hiding behind their pr but aren't happy when somebody isn't hidden behind their pr.
    I'm not surprised he walked away. He needs to take a step back and act less emotionally. BUT nobody has the right to send him an avalanche of abuse because he didn't do an interview/flippantly dismissed japanese games/whatever.

Blog Entries

oh and games journos (if you can call fucking annoyed gamer that) and ANYBODY have a right to criticise game devs but i'm talking about the personal attacks aimed at him
    calling him a "fucking asshole" for not doing an interview? lame.

12. Thumbs Up To This Post by: D4C

Blog Entries

I wonder where he'll go from here...

Blog Entries

he'll be back, i'd wager

Blog Entries

It's always so weird to watch "Indie Game the Movie" and know how much of a whiney asshole Phill Fish really is.

And yeah most of those whiney "Gamers" are like in there early teens. I love video games but I fucking hate fanboys and those people who always complain about shit like that.

Blog Entries

17. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Shaunbadia

Blog Entries

That is why little kids shouldn't be allowed to play Call of Duty.

19. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Shaunbadia

Blog Entries

It's a shame that fanboys have such a loud voice in the public's eye but that's what happens when little kids play 'hardcore' games: they become angry and passive-aggressive as they grow older.

I met a 5 year old on Xbox Live once. He was actually rather nice, but he didn't belong there.

Blog Entries

Funny how all the kids playing games like COD and dishing out this abuse seem to have parents who see no harm in it yet when GTA V comes out they'll collectively shit their pants about what their little darlings are being exposed too.

Blog Entries

those extra two persons really bump it up.

Blog Entries

Most "gamers" ive known, regardless of age, are rather insufferable. Its a culture of enabling. I mean look at me.

24. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Shaunbadia

Blog Entries

There's a weird dichotomy between gamers and reviewers in that it seems like reviewers seem to stoop to their audience's levels and become really whiny and demanding to developers and stuff. It's strange too, because in other mediums, I can't really think of professional reviewers doing the same thing. I'd like to think this is more of a problem with amateur reviewers and the fact that any loud voice can get a microphone on the internet... But even respectable sites seem to be full of these "WHERE IS MY _____ GAME, DEVELOPER" editorials.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangeresque Too View Post
    It's always so weird to watch "Indie Game the Movie" and know how much of a whiney asshole Phill Fish really is.
    Wow, he must be really, really whiny since I remember him coming off as being somewhat whiny and neurotic during that documentary too... I'm thinking of his freak-out over his ex-partner right before PAX. Has he done a lot of other general whiny stuff afterwards on the internet?

Blog Entries

27. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Insomnia, Sam

Blog Entries

Last edited by Insomnia; 07-30-2013 at 04:50 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jims View Post
    There's a weird dichotomy between gamers and reviewers in that it seems like reviewers seem to stoop to their audience's levels and become really whiny and demanding to developers and stuff. It's strange too, because in other mediums, I can't really think of professional reviewers doing the same thing. I'd like to think this is more of a problem with amateur reviewers and the fact that any loud voice can get a microphone on the internet... But even respectable sites seem to be full of these "WHERE IS MY _____ GAME, DEVELOPER" editorials.
    I can get a little ranty about this kind of stuff. I don't suppose anyone here followed the "dorito-gate" controversy? http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=497024
    Think it is demonstrative of the lack of professionalism in video game journalism.

Doritos are so good
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

31. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Sam, Shaunbadia

Blog Entries

Found it

Blog Entries

oh man i'd never seen the video
    the dude looks like he is going to cry

Milhouse once mentioned a city very close to mine.
    Blog Entries

I don't want to take the "big bad media"'s side on this but, when I think about the gaming community, I lean toward what Bart said in S8 to Comic Book Guy, about fans and their sense of self-entitlement. Developers don't owe gamers anything; gamers can and should be satisfied with what they get at face value. Fans can be a very fickle bunch, myself included, and this case with Mr. Fish is a strange case of a direct backlash against the fanbase.

I've heard Fez is good (and, based on the games I like to play, Fez would have been right up my alley; alas, I don't have a 360, and I'm not much of a PC gamer). It's difficult to separate the media from the stronger personalities behind it anyway, so that doesn't help much either. Game developers have come closer and closer to bending to fan feedback; in the case of game-breaking glitches which the fans find, or when it comes to injustice, prejudice or imbalance in the gaming community, fine. That can help things. I think some developers take the fans' consideration too much which, I think, gets in the way of the developers' original vision.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

Hell, remember when Hideo Kojima was getting death threats because he said he didn't want to be at the helm of Metal Gear Solid 4 and then he caved?

MGS4 is a brilliant game, but still...fucking wackos.

The hunchback of Notre Dame Heeeere's Patrick's Avatar
    Blog Entries

sometimes gamers get over-obsessed, I know some people who I had to stop being friends with because they value minecraft over their social life. Having an addiction to gaming that bad is a problem, I think that some gamers need professional help
    Marge: oh Homie,you couldn't go on a hunger strike, you eat while you brush your teeth!

I'm just like Lisa!
    I'm Lisa, who are you? by The No Homers Club
    last episode watched:- The one where Mr. Burns tries to be a more lovable billionare 8/10

Blog Entries

Saw this earlier. Made me think of this thread

Thread Information