Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: ~ the john viener hate club ~

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

better not

Banned
    Blog Entries

let me get this straight.

@Handsome B. Wonderful makes a joke about wanting a terrible voice actor to die. suddenly he's worse than satan. but the person who gets onto him, @ManiacalRoboKiller , who literally everyday tells about how seth macfarlane is the worst person ever.
    Last edited by lolcats; 07-27-2013 at 12:56 PM.

I think John Viener is neutral. Like his voices.

You're BoJack Horseman, no cure for that.

Blog Entries

and why does everyone here like the man with two brians. horrible ep.

I don't remember watching it, so I have neutral opinion.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome B. Wonderful View Post
    and why does everyone here like the man with two brians. horrible ep.
    i thought it was just mediocre. what was "horrible" about it?

Blog Entries

I hate that episode as well. I just hate the other dogs voice the most out of everything in that episode.

If John Viener dies, I'll be neutral and let his wife know he said hello.

Tell Us What it Am SchmatisfiedHomer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That's a very generic voice.
    My Favorite Episodes: Homer's Barbershop Quartet, Itchy and Scratchy Land, Homer and Apu, Burns' Heir, and Rosebud.
    My Least Favorite Episodes: Elementary School Musical, Lisa Goes Gaga, Kill the Alligator and Run, Saddleshore Galactica, and The Ten-Per-Cent Solution.
    "Kids, kids, you tried your best, and you failed miserably. The lesson is...never try." ~Homer Simpson
    "I just think they're neat." ~Marge Simpson on potatoes
    "If anyone needs me, I'll be in my room." ~Lisa Simpson and her "catchphrase"
    "Why did you leave me here when I clearly need medical attention?" ~Bart Simpson on Lisa thinking love can heal him
    "(suck, suck)" Maggie Simpson

I think this thread should remain open, but closed from discussion.

Blog Entries

i want the dude to die then lol
    hey, you talkin smack about me?

Quote Originally Posted by ilovebender.com View Post
    I love women.

Blog Entries

also yeah john viener is annoying. i hate how he left FG to write for TCS but they still kept him as a voice actor. why can't they just have other writers do voices?

it's not as if they don't. Kirker Butler voices george bush, Julius Sharpe does additional voices, and so do Gary Janetti, Danny Smith and Alec Sulkin. they also have a perfectly good voice actor in Chris Cox. So why do they keep coming back to John Viener?

Curiouser and curiouser MindQuad's Avatar

Yeah, John Viener and his voice can be directly correlated the downfall of the show. It makes the show feel even more formulaic when every damn cutaway or side character has the same annoying voice. I actually think "New Brian" was one of the few times his voice worked, and if he had only voiced that one character I wouldn't think poorly of him (well, except for his writing, but that can be ignored more easily).

Thankfully he's only done like two American Dad episodes (he was the co-worker trying to sell Stan candy bars in "Stans Night Out"). It also helps that the two most recognizable recurring voices on AD are Barker and Durbin, who both have good comedic voices. It's much better than FG where 99% of the voices are Seth and Viener. There's another generic voice on Family Guy that I really hate as well, not sure who does it though.

14. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Sam

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LOL View Post
    also yeah john viener is annoying. i hate how he left FG to write for TCS but they still kept him as a voice actor. why can't they just have other writers do voices?

it's not as if they don't. Kirker Butler voices george bush, Julius Sharpe does additional voices, and so do Gary Janetti, Danny Smith and Alec Sulkin. they also have a perfectly good voice actor in Chris Cox. So why do they keep coming back to John Viener?
    yeah Danny Smith and Alec Sulkin are actually pretty great voice actors, I kinda wish they'd use them more and not fucking John Viener.

Also, never liked Kirker Butler's George Bush. Not sure why.

Banned
    Blog Entries

i could've swore i heard john viener on american dad twice. maybe it was a sound-alike. i hope so.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sassy Madison View Post
    i could've swore i heard john viener on american dad twice. maybe it was a sound-alike. i hope so.
    Nope, he's done voices on that too

http://americandad.wikia.com/wiki/John_Viener

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MindQuad View Post
    Yeah, John Viener and his voice can be directly correlated the downfall of the show. It makes the show feel even more formulaic when every damn cutaway or side character has the same annoying voice. I actually think "New Brian" was one of the few times his voice worked, and if he had only voiced that one character I wouldn't think poorly of him (well, except for his writing, but that can be ignored more easily).

Thankfully he's only done like two American Dad episodes (he was the co-worker trying to sell Stan candy bars in "Stans Night Out"). It also helps that the two most recognizable recurring voices on AD are Barker and Durbin, who both have good comedic voices. It's much better than FG where 99% of the voices are Seth and Viener. There's another generic voice on Family Guy that I really hate as well, not sure who does it though.
    Safe to say if it's an overdone voice on FG and it ain't Seth or Viener, it's probably Mike Henry

He's done three AD episodes, and just a line or two. I'm totally fine with that. Also, yeah, Mike Henry can be annoying, but at least he has some variation, and he has pretty decent delivery. I also like his AD CIA character as well.

I see now the voice I'm referring to is Danny Smith. He doesn't have that bad of a voice but he's always the one doing those moronic commericals (like the Wacky Waving Inflatable Tube-Man), which are another one of FG's terrible recurring gags.

Blog Entries

IMO Danny Smith isn't used enough. His voice is nice. John Viener's voice just has this incredibly robotic and jarring feel to it.

Blog Entries

there was a VA in season 4 that was like the viener of then. he had a generic voice and he used it a lot. forget who it is but he was the elephant that mated with a penguin on noah's ark.

Blog Entries

pretty sure that was Chris Sheridan

Blog Entries

that dude sucks then too

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Homer View Post
    is he the robot guy from phineas & ferb
    whoa he is. thought i recognized that voice

Blog Entries

that dude sucks then too
    pretty great writer though (or at least he used to be)

I've said it before, but one of the best things about AD is that it uses Seth MacFarlane the best way possible. Two great voices for the main characters, and one tiny recurring role of Greg Corbin...that's it. No voicing 10 main/recurring characters, no voicing of every other single random (with Viener) male character that appears. Seriously, any given episode of Family Guy probably has like minimum a dozen Seth voiced characters.

Blog Entries

whoa he is. thought i recognized that voice
    his voice works great for that character, where it's supposed to sound hollow and fake, but not that dog clip posted earlier

maybe he should stick to robots

28. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Sam

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MindQuad View Post
    I've said it before, but one of the best things about AD is that it uses Seth MacFarlane the best way possible. Two great voices for the main characters, and one tiny recurring role of Greg Corbin...that's it. No voicing 10 main/recurring characters, no voicing of every other single random (with Viener) male character that appears. Seriously, any given episode of Family Guy probably has like minimum a dozen Seth voiced characters.
    Well don't forget that each episode of Family Guy has like five times the speaking characters that AD! does.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Can we all just agree the actual animation in general gets worse for each and every show each year?
    I mean when Futurama came back as DVD movies it still looked good and was in HD, then when CC picked it up it got.. less... well, expensive and nicely done. Overall I think it's still better than most animated shows on cable.

But this has happened to all these shows, even my beloved Venture Bros. got more money for animation and I thought the new episodes (overall) looked worse than ever, the CGI is more present now and seamless... but meh.

Losing hand painted cells has taken the warmth away from all these shows for years now.

At least most of these shows the pencil character art is still hand drawn and fed into computers, like Futurama and Venture Bros.

Blog Entries

wait

is he the voice of the infamous ostrich
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    wait

is he the voice of the infamous ostrich
    yes (if by that you mean the Two and a Half Men studio audience gag)

Thread Information