0 0%
  • 1/5 - El crud!

0 0%

Thread: Rate and Review the Venture Bros: "Spanakopita"

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Banned
    Blog Entries

Rate and Review the Venture Bros: "Spanakopita"

Please go ahead rate and review this wonderful Venture Bros. vacation episode!

Synopsis: When Dr. Venture goes on his annual 'Spanakopita' vacation, he brings along Billy, White, and of course Hatred.
    Meanwhile Billy's new arch, St. Cloud, discovers this and sets out to ruin Spanakopita, no matter the cost!

Last edited by The Angry Animated Comedy Nerd; 06-23-2013 at 08:59 PM.

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Pretty fun episode. It was nice to see Rusty happy for once and why the people on the island are acting nice to him. It was also pretty great to see Billy's arch nemesis here and his snobbish personality. I kind of wish I got to see the Venture Brothers for the rest of the episode instead of having them stay at home (maybe they'll explain what they were doing at the time?), but it still had alot of fun things in it (Spanakopita!, the different challenges, Cloud, the flashbacks with Rusty) and was just a great episode in a Venture Brothers way like always. 5/5 for the poll.
    Just because I'm stupider than them, they think they're smarter than me!
    Simpsons Season 27 Ratings:
    Every Man's Dream-4.8/10 Cue Detective-6/10 Puffless-7/10 Halloween of Horror-8.4/10 Treehouse of Horror XXVI-(4.5, 5, 3.5) 4.25/10 Friend With Benefit-5/10 Lisa With An 'S'-5.5/10 Paths of Glory--/10 Barthood--/10 The Girl Code--/10 Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles--/10 Much Apu About Something--/10 Gal of Constant Sorrow--/10 Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4--/10 Lisa the Veterinarian--/10 The Marge-ian Chronicles--/10 The Burns Cage--/10 How Lisa Got Her Marge Back--/10 Fland Canyon--/10 Simprovised--/10 To Courier With Love--/10 Orange is the New Yellow--/10
    Futurama Season 7B Ratings:
    2-D Blacktop-7.5/10 Fry and Leela's Big Fling-7.9/10 T.: The Terrestrial-8.2/10 Forty Percent Leadbelly-6.8/10 The Inhuman Torch-8.4/10 Saturday Morning Fun Pit-(9, 7, 8.5) 8.2/10 Calculon 2.0-8.7/10 Assie Come Home-8.5/10 Leela and the Genestalk-7.2/10 Game of Tones-9.2/10 Murder on The Planet Express-9/10 Stench and Stenchibility-8.5/10 Meanwhile-9.5/10
    Jumping the Shark since 1998...
    Alternate Ending Winner of NHC Survivor Season 1

I agree it was nice to see Rusty so happy and having fun. Really loved the explanation of spanakopita and seeing more of Jonas and the old team. I don't dislike St. Cloud but I was worried his usage here would be obnoxious. It wasn't, luckily. He's a killjoy for everyone but it's at least enjoyable to watch. I didn't miss the brothers too much. With Dean being all darkmope vegetarian, having him sulk during spanakopita would've been frustrating. And we got a good amount of Hank so far so I was ok without him during this outing. Though I definitely would like to see what they were up to (concert thingy, too). But I gotta say Hatred's manboobs are starting to freak me out. Oh yeah and the post-credits scene was a great capper.
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

Banned
    Blog Entries

Overall I thought this episode was about a 9.5/10 and a 5/5 for the polls!

Blog Entries

It's the Venture Bros so like a 5/5

Blog Entries

I loved that hank is still wearing that slinky gold suit.

great episode. a lot of people dislike st. cloud but I find him hilarious.

oh and brock fathering those two children on the isle oh man
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

Banned
    Blog Entries

Yeah, I really don't undertsand the hate for this one either.

IGN only gave it a 7.9/10!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/...akopita-review

Blog Entries

Was going to give it a four but then I remembered the Harryhausen tribute. Damn fine television. Five.

Banned
    Blog Entries

"Harryhausen's a friend.."
    God damn, I love St. Cloud, I think he's pretty funny as the ultimate annoying pop culture miser.

Anyway I thought this episode was pure classic Venture! All the flashbacks, pop culture refrences, plot location, animation, voice acting; it all went together so very well. Seeing more of Rusty's past, and the Monarch's parents were on that boat ib the opening were great. And I loved seeing Dr. Venture actually happy for a change, before St. Cloud wrecked it.
    Then the end with Billy carrying Pete on his back to the finish line was genius, b/c it was so figurative and literal!

The only downside I can see is that there is no big action scene, besides Billy's dream.

Again, this one gets a 9.5/10 overall.
    Last edited by The Angry Animated Comedy Nerd; 06-26-2013 at 04:55 PM.

Thread Information