Page 51 of 89 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 2654

Thread: Season 25 Information Thread

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister Burns View Post
    Indeed—some people having nothing better to do than register their disgust throughout the world. I can't see anything right about that.
    If the CBG didn't make that infamous quote, people who blindly support the show would be too stupid to offer any kind of counter point.
    Well, ya'know if you stay positive and forget about trivial things like "proper characterization," "Satire," and "emotional depth" watching new Simpsons episodes can be a seemingly enjoyable lie.

I tried watching a new episode the Simpsons, but I realized the show hit a new low, like a brand new, underground parking structure of sadness.

2. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Sam

We're out of time.

Simpsons veteran Brian Kelley is writing the last episode before a monthly break. No new episodes in February.

https://twitter.com/mxedtr/status/42...061632/photo/1

https://twitter.com/mxedtr/status/421748086629605376

https://twitter.com/mxedtr/status/421748481074552832

Blog Entries

oh no

Blog Entries

If anyone cares
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Simpsons&amp;src=hash">#Simpsons</a> will be OFF after 1/26/14 until 3/9/14 cuz of Super Bowl, Winter Olympics, Daytona 500 and Academy Awards. <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23minivacation&amp;src=hash">#minivacation</a></p>&mdash; Chris Ledesma (@mxedtr) <a href="https://twitter.com/mxedtr/statuses/421748086629605376">January 10, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>When <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Simpsons&amp;src=hash">#Simpsons</a> returns on 3/9/14, we will air 10 new shows in 11 weeks straight thru to the end of season 25 on 5/18/14.</p>&mdash; Chris Ledesma (@mxedtr) <a href="https://twitter.com/mxedtr/statuses/421748481074552832">January 10, 2014</a></blockquote>

Release the hounds... Sinister Burns's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patches O'houlihan View Post
    If the CBG didn't make that infamous quote, people who blindly support the show would be too stupid to offer any kind of counter point.
    Two things wrong with that sentence.

I'm assuming that's the longest ever break between episodes midway through a season?
    Season 32 Ratings
    Undercover Burns ​B- I, Carumbus ​C- Now Museum, Now You Don't ​D Treehouse of Horror XXXI ​B- The 7 Beer Itch ​D Podcast News ​B Three Dreams Denied ​C+ The Road to Cincinnati B- Sorry Not Sorry B- A Springfield Summer Christmas for Christmas ​D+ The Dad-Feelings Limited ​B Diary Queen ​C+ Wad Goals ​C Yokel Hero ​D+ Do PizzaBots Dream of Electric Guitars? ​D- Manger Things ​C+ Uncut Femmes ​B Burger Kings ​B- Panic on the Streets of Springfield ​B- Mother and Child Reunion ​B The Man from G.R.A.M.P.A. ​C+ The Last Barfighter ​B+

Quote Originally Posted by Insomnia View Post
    If anyone cares
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Simpsons&src=hash">#Simpsons</a> will be OFF after 1/26/14 until 3/9/14 cuz of Super Bowl, Winter Olympics, Daytona 500 and Academy Awards. <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23minivacation&src=hash">#minivacation</a></p>— Chris Ledesma (@mxedtr) <a href="https://twitter.com/mxedtr/statuses/421748086629605376">January 10, 2014</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>When <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Simpsons&src=hash">#Simpsons</a> returns on 3/9/14, we will air 10 new shows in 11 weeks straight thru to the end of season 25 on 5/18/14.</p>— Chris Ledesma (@mxedtr) <a href="https://twitter.com/mxedtr/statuses/421748481074552832">January 10, 2014</a></blockquote>
    No new episodes in February due to the Winter Olympics was what I figured would happen.

From March 9th to May 18th, I am assuming the day that will not have a new episode is Easter Sunday. (April 20th)
    Last edited by biffwestwood; 01-10-2014 at 05:11 PM.

Curiouser and curiouser MindQuad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by D'ohmer View Post
    I honestly don't give a shit about that website. Just because some think that the show is so bad now, it doesn't mean I have to, so there's no point in being a jerk to me about it.
    Sorry if I come across as a jerk, I sometimes can't help it as I just tend to marvel about how spectacularly awful some of your opinions are.

10. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Sam

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MindQuad View Post
    Sorry if I come across as a jerk, I sometimes can't help it as I just tend to marvel about how spectacularly awful some of your opinions are.
    Thank you, I'm sorry too.

Curiouser and curiouser MindQuad's Avatar

As for the shows taking a break for Olympics…I assume American Dad will also have a shit-ton of episodes aired in a row, because they still have 14 episodes to get through as I assume they won't have any holdovers as the show is moving to TBS.

Quote Originally Posted by That Don Guy View Post
    A Valentine's Day episode...almost three weeks before Valentine's Day.

Of course, the show is pre-empted on 2/2 for the Super Bowl.

I am guessing that, since this episode isn't airing the week of Valentine's Day, 2/9 will be a repeat, as they are competing against the Winter Olympics (the finals of the figure skating team event are that night, as is the men's downhill and, for you X-lympics fans, the women's snowboard slopestyle).

The problem with that is, I also expect there to be repeats on 2/23 (against the Olympics closing ceremonies) and 3/2 (against the Oscars).
    How about that - I was right. I'm a little surprised they're not airing a new episode on 2/16, as there isn't really anything "interesting" at the Olympics that day.

Blog Entries

I must say, the music in the Anime clip was lovely.
    How to remaster

Sometimes says something Jerry P.'s Avatar

Specs and the City is episode #11 this year plus the 10 additional episodes until the finale makes this a short season.
    Jerry P.
    Watch my cartoon, Joe Coodryette, on Prime Video US, Prime Video UK, and YouTube. New season 2 episodes monthly in 2021.

Sometimes says something Jerry P.'s Avatar

Fox has another full production season of American Dad thanks to full production seasons and short broadcast seasons. http://www.nohomers.net/showthread.p...S-late-2014%29

Hmm. Maybe I misunderstand something, but this article made it sound like they were a full year ahead on completed episodes and writing two years in advance:
    http://www.avclub.com/article/comedy...-creator-85507 I took this to mean at the time (9/2012), they were just starting on production season 9. Production season 8 is currently airing.
    Last edited by Jerry P.; 01-11-2014 at 03:23 PM.

I have to admit, the Miyazaki-themed clip was pretty cool and quite fun; since I'm very familiar with his work, I most certainly got the various references (even the music sounded like something out of Spirited Away).

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry P. View Post
    Specs and the City is episode #11 this year plus the 10 additional episodes until the finale makes this a short season.
    We may still get 22 episodes. The season finale could be a pair of episodes.

Blog Entries

for the past 4 years it has been
    "I can write better than anybody who can write faster, and I can write faster than anybody who can write better."
    - A. J. Liebling (1904-1963)

" Well i always thought if a song was not going to say something, it should be an instrumental "
    - Gil Scott Heron ( NPR 1985 )

Chatting Simpsons Since '93 Brad Lascelle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by biffwestwood View Post
    We may still get 22 episodes. The season finale could be a pair of episodes.
    Not exactly. With 11 confirmed episodes prior to the break and an additional 10 airing following the break (across 11 weeks) it still means we're looking at a 21-ep season. We could still have two new episodes on finale night. Just means we'd have two weeks without first-run episodes during that 11-week stretch from March 9th to May 18th instead of just one.

Milhouse once mentioned a city very close to mine.
    Blog Entries

No new episodes in February, huh? That'll make it a long month for me. I'd say that's still better than back when the new season would occasionally start in November. The German dub, which just got off a brief hiatus in December, will tide me over. I wonder if The Man Who Came to Be Dinner will be the finale?

Do you already got episodes dubbed? Latin America usually get the new episodes dubbed around March, we never get hiatus though. And I guess we have better luck than Spain that is currently airing the 23th season.

I went a little of topic so: A MONTH WITHOUT THE SIMPSONS? THAT SUCKS!

EDIT: Do you think we'll get 21 episodes because "The Man Who Came To Be Dinner" is a hour-special? or is it impossible because It got only one code production?

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The Man Who Came To Be Dinner is just going to be a half hour episode because it's only 1 production code. As for the finale, it's very likely that Simpsorama is going to be the final episode of Season 25.
    Just because I'm stupider than them, they think they're smarter than me!
    Simpsons Season 27 Ratings:
    Every Man's Dream-4.8/10 Cue Detective-6/10 Puffless-7/10 Halloween of Horror-8.4/10 Treehouse of Horror XXVI-(4.5, 5, 3.5) 4.25/10 Friend With Benefit-5/10 Lisa With An 'S'-5.5/10 Paths of Glory--/10 Barthood--/10 The Girl Code--/10 Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles--/10 Much Apu About Something--/10 Gal of Constant Sorrow--/10 Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4--/10 Lisa the Veterinarian--/10 The Marge-ian Chronicles--/10 The Burns Cage--/10 How Lisa Got Her Marge Back--/10 Fland Canyon--/10 Simprovised--/10 To Courier With Love--/10 Orange is the New Yellow--/10
    Futurama Season 7B Ratings:
    2-D Blacktop-7.5/10 Fry and Leela's Big Fling-7.9/10 T.: The Terrestrial-8.2/10 Forty Percent Leadbelly-6.8/10 The Inhuman Torch-8.4/10 Saturday Morning Fun Pit-(9, 7, 8.5) 8.2/10 Calculon 2.0-8.7/10 Assie Come Home-8.5/10 Leela and the Genestalk-7.2/10 Game of Tones-9.2/10 Murder on The Planet Express-9/10 Stench and Stenchibility-8.5/10 Meanwhile-9.5/10
    Jumping the Shark since 1998...
    Alternate Ending Winner of NHC Survivor Season 1

Sort of sucks that there's a month-and-a-half hiatus, but it's also pretty nice that there will be two-and-a-half nonstop months to make up for it, rather than Fox saying, "Fuck it, 16-episode seasons for everyone." As long as I've got Parks and Recreation and Brooklyn Nine-Nine I'll be okay.

What do you think they put in the Bug Juice?
    Bugs?
    No they don't. Come on...shut up.

Milhouse once mentioned a city very close to mine.
    Blog Entries

@MDB, the mid-season hiatus for the German dub is fairly common; it can last anywhere between December-to-January or up to February or March, depending on the season. They used to air a batch newly dubbed episodes several days in a row. The Italian dub has been on hiatus for several months because of the death of the main translator / dubbing director and former Italian voice of Homer Simpson, Tonino Accolla.

Well, that sucks. I think the same thing happened to Homer' spanish voice between season 10-11

Banned

OMG JENDA IS DATING ZOIDBERG? WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bomberswarm2 View Post
    OMG JENDA IS DATING ZOIDBERG? WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP!
    Explain this post

Blog Entries

probably something to do with this?
    Parks and Recreation star Amy Poehler will reprise her role as Bart’s future ex-wife in an upcoming episode of The Simpsons, executive producer Al Jean tells EW. In the installment, which is set 30 years from now, Jenda (Poehler) is dating a crab-like alien creature and … she’s still not getting along with Bart.
    yer a bit later there, @bomberswarm2

Blog Entries

oh, ok

Blog Entries

So we're gonna see Zoidberg? He has been around that early ? Or it'll turn out its Zoidbergs great great great great great great grandfather
    Episodes rated best and worst from each season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: The Way We Was/Bart's Dog Gets an F 3: Colonel Homer/Dog of Death 4: Marge vs. The Monorail/So It's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Bart Gets An Elephant 6: Treehouse of Horror V/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Mother Simpson/Homerpalooza 8: You Only Move Twice/The Canine Mutiny 9: Lisa's Sax/The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons 10: Lisa Gets an A/Sunday Cruddy Sunday 11: Behind The Laughter/Beyond Blunderdome 12: Trilogy of Error/The Computer Wore Menace Shoes 13: I Am Furious Yellow/Homer the Moe 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little/Large Marge 15: The Way We Weren't/Diatribe of a Mad Housewife 16: Thank God Its Doomsday/Mommie Beerest 17: Marge's Son Poisoning/Bonfire of the Manatees 18: Marge Gamer/Revenge is Best Served Three Times 19: Treehouse of Horror XVIII/That 90's Show 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Coming To Homerica 21: O Brother, Where Bart thou?/The Devil Wears Nada 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fool Monty 23: Holidays of Future Passed/Moe Goes From Rags To Riches 24: Adventures In Baby-Getting/Whiskey Business 25: Brick Like Me/White Christmas Blues 26: Bart's New Friend/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Halloween of Horror/Every Man's Dream 28: There Will Be Buds/Moho House 29: Gone Boy/Throw Grampa from the Dane

Blog Entries

One and a half month hiatus? I'll be at Moe's, let me know when The Simpsons is back.

Thread Information