Thread: Family Guy: What's your opinion about Season 8 and 9?

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Question Family Guy: What's your opinion about Season 8 and 9?

What is your opinion about season 8 and 9. I personally think they're a step-up from season 7.

What about you?
    Remember kids, Kariba is cool!

Nintendo Dance Party! ManiacalRoboKiller's Avatar
    Blog Entries

BAD!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart Flimpson's Dracula View Post
    Like Seth MacFarlane's addiction to creating terrible new shows, Matt Groening has a problem with concluding a show. He needs therapy.

Blog Entries

yeah step-up from season 7 but not by much

Hired Goon
    Blog Entries

Season 8 was probably one of the better seasons of recent years. It's best episodes were pretty good and it's worst still had a moment or two.

Season 9 was the start of the HD era and I honestly don't have that much good stuff to say about it.
    My Simpsons Season Rankings:
    6 > 7 > 3 > 5 > 8 > 4 > 2 > 1 > 9 > 15 > 13 > 14 > 10 > 16 > 12 > 11 > 22 > 21 > 17 > 25 > 24 > 18 > 26 > 20 > 19 > 23

Quote Originally Posted by handsome
    honestly the most burning question i had about you was if you had seen every disney movie so i'm glad that got out of the way first

Blog Entries

Is it me or does once an old show reaches HD it becomes lesser and boring? Think about it, The Simpsons (while sucked long before HD, once it hit HD then it truly became a bore-fest), Family Guy (same as Simpsons), Futurama (Comedy Central run while not all the episodes were boring a lot of them were "The Butterjunk Effect", "Yo Leela Leela", "In a Godda Da Leela", "Naturama", etc.), The Cleveland Show was born with it, hell even KOTH in it's last season started to get boring as well. The only one who has seemed not to get tangled in the "HD curse" is American Dad.

Hired Goon
    Blog Entries

KOTH became boring long before the HD switch.

I agree with everything else, though.

Blog Entries

It's like once the show hits HD the people working on it put in less effort in regards to writing, story telling, jokes, etc. They think since the show's "look prettier" they don't have to rely on as much as the other things.

Blog Entries

Well season 8 was pretty bad but it was better than season 7.
    Season 9 really isn't that bad I think it's the best season since season 6, although that is not saying much.
    After that it's complete crap, or more crap I guess.

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Season 8 is an horrendous Season with almost nothing worth watching outside of Road to Multiverse. It's the Season that finally started to sink in the bad characteristics 7 started and has very few things in it that are actually funny/memorable. As for 9, while I do love it more than 8 for at least trying to do new things for the show with its darker tone and it does have a fair share of episodes I could rewatch (And Then There Were Fewer, Road to North Pole, Big Bang Theory) there's still a good half of the Season that's just as bad and unfunny as 8 and fails to use the darker tone as good as it did in other episodes. It's still pretty mixed, but Season 9 is probably my favorite Season of Season 7+ just because it tried and managed to do well on a few episodes, and while they're definitely not at all classics, it's better than the other shit Seasons and at least gave a few excellent moments in the process.
    Just because I'm stupider than them, they think they're smarter than me!
    Simpsons Season 27 Ratings:
    Every Man's Dream-4.8/10 Cue Detective-6/10 Puffless-7/10 Halloween of Horror-8.4/10 Treehouse of Horror XXVI-(4.5, 5, 3.5) 4.25/10 Friend With Benefit-5/10 Lisa With An 'S'-5.5/10 Paths of Glory--/10 Barthood--/10 The Girl Code--/10 Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles--/10 Much Apu About Something--/10 Gal of Constant Sorrow--/10 Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4--/10 Lisa the Veterinarian--/10 The Marge-ian Chronicles--/10 The Burns Cage--/10 How Lisa Got Her Marge Back--/10 Fland Canyon--/10 Simprovised--/10 To Courier With Love--/10 Orange is the New Yellow--/10
    Futurama Season 7B Ratings:
    2-D Blacktop-7.5/10 Fry and Leela's Big Fling-7.9/10 T.: The Terrestrial-8.2/10 Forty Percent Leadbelly-6.8/10 The Inhuman Torch-8.4/10 Saturday Morning Fun Pit-(9, 7, 8.5) 8.2/10 Calculon 2.0-8.7/10 Assie Come Home-8.5/10 Leela and the Genestalk-7.2/10 Game of Tones-9.2/10 Murder on The Planet Express-9/10 Stench and Stenchibility-8.5/10 Meanwhile-9.5/10
    Jumping the Shark since 1998...
    Alternate Ending Winner of NHC Survivor Season 1

Junior Camper

Eight was pretty bad, with a few duff episodes but it was a step up from season 7.

Nine was actually alright. It felt like the show was shifting back to it's older self, a tiny bit. Then 10 occurred, and sank the show completely.

Blog Entries

when i was first watching the eighth season i saw it as a resurgence, but no it was just great in comparison to the piss poor production that was season seven, it's still rather eh. some great eps, some awful ones, mostly just average though, but the average was a tad higher than season 9, which followed the same ratio of good/bad

Season 8 is good and funny, but Season 9 is when FG got real stale.

Blog Entries

Pretty horrible. I don't remember any good episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by zachbigmac View Post
    @Swoony your just a poser and dont tell me
    your not cause i can read you like a fucking book.

Thread Information