View Poll Results: Which is better

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pokemon Adventures

5 62.50%
  • Pokemon (Anime)

3 37.50%
  • I have no clue about these adaptations.

0 0%

Thread: Pokemon Adventures, the Manga VS. Pokemon, The Anime

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Pokemon Adventures, the Manga VS. Pokemon, The Anime

Yeah so basically it's to decide which is better, the manga or the anime adaptations of Pokemon. Here's some of the differences.

Pokemon Adventures, the manga
    - Stays true to the video games, most of the time to the closest detail. Their are a few major exceptions, yet has very little negative impact to the manga.
    - Considered to be darker than the anime...
    - Attended for an older audience, usually in the Teenage Group
    - Several Main Characters, each with different personalities, and not all of them want to beat Gym Leaders.
    - Characters actually age throughout the arcs
    - Unlike both the games and the anime... this series actually has blood, cursing, some adult-jokes, death threats and even death scenes. This is often because they want to make Pokemon seem realistic during more serious points throughout the story, however it's not used as much as you think. Also, surprisingly, the creator of Pokemon believes that this portrays Pokemon World best out of any adaptation. His statement of the manga series is "This is the comic that most resembles the world I was trying to convey"

Pokemon, the anime
    - Stays true to the video games for a while at first, and than later starts to stray away from the video games into it's own stories.
    - Considered to be light-hearted
    - Attended for children
    - Just one character with the same "I have to beat them all" personality over and over again.
    - Often fans cited that the first series of Pokemon was the best and should've stopped over their.
    - Characters seem to never age
    Last edited by Santa Shoz; 04-09-2013 at 10:48 PM.

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Adventures. It has a lot better and darker plots, story lines, characters that are actually relatable, and is just overall a much better and realistic look on the Pokemon universe.
    Just because I'm stupider than them, they think they're smarter than me!
    Simpsons Season 27 Ratings:
    Every Man's Dream-4.8/10 Cue Detective-6/10 Puffless-7/10 Halloween of Horror-8.4/10 Treehouse of Horror XXVI-(4.5, 5, 3.5) 4.25/10 Friend With Benefit-5/10 Lisa With An 'S'-5.5/10 Paths of Glory--/10 Barthood--/10 The Girl Code--/10 Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles--/10 Much Apu About Something--/10 Gal of Constant Sorrow--/10 Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4--/10 Lisa the Veterinarian--/10 The Marge-ian Chronicles--/10 The Burns Cage--/10 How Lisa Got Her Marge Back--/10 Fland Canyon--/10 Simprovised--/10 To Courier With Love--/10 Orange is the New Yellow--/10
    Futurama Season 7B Ratings:
    2-D Blacktop-7.5/10 Fry and Leela's Big Fling-7.9/10 T.: The Terrestrial-8.2/10 Forty Percent Leadbelly-6.8/10 The Inhuman Torch-8.4/10 Saturday Morning Fun Pit-(9, 7, 8.5) 8.2/10 Calculon 2.0-8.7/10 Assie Come Home-8.5/10 Leela and the Genestalk-7.2/10 Game of Tones-9.2/10 Murder on The Planet Express-9/10 Stench and Stenchibility-8.5/10 Meanwhile-9.5/10
    Jumping the Shark since 1998...
    Alternate Ending Winner of NHC Survivor Season 1

Blog Entries

I've never read the manga, but I've seen a bit of the anime.
    Quote Originally Posted by pkkao View Post
    I'd reply but I've reached my quota of daily Kid Moe thumbs.

Edit: damn it

Blog Entries

Basicially a dark, story-driven adventure series v a kid-friendly anime.

I like both, but the former has to win. I just love how developed the characters are, specificially the gym leaders.

The Manga is far better then the Anime

I wish the Manga would be adapted into Anime form,it'd be cool to see Red in his Adventures as he's traveling to surpass Green(Blue in the American Version) and as he meets Blue(Green in the US Version) during his Journey
    And man are Team Rocket kick-ass in the Manga...they're actually a f-king threat
    BTW The manga is originally called Pocket Monsters Special or Pokemon Special in Japan

When it comes to the Anime I've always preferred the movies over the Show
    Particularly "Pokemon Movie 2000" and "Pokemon 3:The Movie" are far better then the show
    The Anime is called originally Pocket Monsters in Japan

PS.If you ask me Pocket Monsters is a better title than Pokemon

So far, a lot of fans are trying to petition the manga into an anime as a better alternative since the first issue. So far, nothing. I'm guessing part of it is somewhat of a lack of support for the idea. Most people know the anime more than the manga, plus, their are actually a number of people who aren't aware that a manga more faithful to the games than any other adaptation exists yet at the same time have an interest in the Pokemon series.

So far this is the closest thing to a anime adaptation of Pokemon Adventures, which is a faithful adaptation to the games. Also, this is the dubbed version.

I'll watch that in a sec

I can dream of there being an anime based on Poke-Spe don't think it'll happen though
    Last time I was reading the manga I think I was at the Gold arc...I pretty much procrastinated since then...but I did love the Red,Blue and Green saga...I loved it when they were fighting the Psychic Organization with Sabrina and whatnot

Ughhh can't stand the voices in that shit...I'll have to search for the Japanese one
    EDIT:Just watched it OMFG It's AMAZING
    They should really fucking make an anime like that but it won't happen
    Last edited by ThankYouComeAgain; 04-08-2013 at 09:53 PM.

Blog Entries

Yeah, Iremember when that video came out last year and everybody wanted that to be made into an anime.
    I would love a more mature pokemon anime someday...

Banned
    Blog Entries

The anime's pretty much abysmal, and I've only read the first six volumes of Adventures, but it was pretty good, so I'm gonna go for Adventures.

Blog Entries

I might have to pick up the manga. It sounds pretty good.

It is @Kid Moe...It is

I would love to see Red PWN Ash's sorry ass in a Pokemon Battle...but that's just me

Banned

only ever watched the anime (religiously as a kid) so not in a position to vote.

not sure why I even bothered posting.

For those who haven't read the manga, here's a link. http://www.mangahere.com/manga/pokemon_adventures/. Goes all the way up to Chapter 556, from Red and Blue to the Soulsilver and Heartgold Arc.

Quote Originally Posted by shoz999 View Post
    For those who haven't read the manga, here's a link. http://www.mangahere.com/manga/pokemon_adventures/. Goes all the way up to Chapter 556, from Red and Blue to the Soulsilver and Heartgold Arc.
    You mean up to 456 right?:P
    I remember I quit reading the manga about the same time that scanlating group dropped it cuz I couldn't stand reading the horrible flopped English Scans
    Then there was a new scanlating group which picked it up a year or so after and was releasing chapters from the gold arc(where the previous group left off) with great frequency(im sure they're probably caught up with official releases till now though haven't checked in a long time) i started reading it again read another 5 chapters or so then I pretty much procrastinated and haven't continued ever since...one of these days I must read the rest
    EDIT:Nvrmind that group is now inactive but somebody continued their work

PS.Remember Onemanga? Man that was a kickass Manga Site.Too bad they shut it down(didn't let it hot new manga anymore)

Blog Entries

Now I wanna read the manga.

Quote Originally Posted by zachbigmac View Post
    @Swoony your just a poser and dont tell me
    your not cause i can read you like a fucking book.

@shoz999 Did some research and I found out that Chapters 130-364 were never scanlated from their original japanese unflopped versions.
    PokeSpe Restoration Project(the group that was trying to translate 104-364) gave up on 130 probably cuz they were tired...well that sucks
    God I hate reading the Flopped English Versions
    From 365-onwards though they're fine tho

Here's the link to all of the chapters fan-translated/scanlated by fans from japanese original scans that are available(Right-to-Left read and better quality scans also better translation)
    http://jb2448.info/Scanlations/
    For the rest check @shoz999's link
    Last edited by ThankYouComeAgain; 04-09-2013 at 09:02 PM.

So far my favorite Pokemon of the Pokemon Adventure Series is Gold's Togepi by the name of Togebo, Gold's most powerful pokemon that defeated a Dragonite and a Tyrannitar, picking up some mean habits along the way.

The move this Togepi is using is double-edge.
    Last edited by Santa Shoz; 04-10-2013 at 07:11 AM.

Ah if only some was scanlating 130-364 from the japanese scans
    I can't stand those english left to right version with grainy colors

Wrote the book on flimflammin Grifty McGrift's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Still find it weird when people join a Simpsons forum only to post in the off topic section.

Blog Entries

Those are the good newbies
    o shit its 2021 and still havent posted on this forum

Wrote the book on flimflammin Grifty McGrift's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yeah but doesn't make sense to me. If I found an interesting thread in an off topic section of a My Little Pony board, I probably wouldn't join cause of that.

I will say Ash Ketchum is not exactly the best Pokemon trainer. Even I could beat him in a battle!
    Red in the manga seems to be a much better trainer.

Ill-Mannered Sack of Crap LosTickaToeRest's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Didn't realize that manga was still going. That's awesome, I got a lot of issues of it from Viz comics back during the initial craze (y'know, the ones where every other page was a catalog/order form for wildly overpriced VHS tapes with patronizing blurbs about the amazing new phenomenon of cartoons for teens and adults, or otherwise just lots of DBZ/Gundam/Tenchi Muyo merch)

I got sick of the anime fairly quickly even as a kid, but I consistently enjoyed the manga. I remember being shocked at how dark and story-driven it was, and that it frequently had stuff like mild swearing or disconcerting levels of violence (I remember gym leader Koga transforming into an Arbok and then gorily sliced in half by Charmeleon or something) and getting a kick out of it since I wasn't allowed to watch media with either of those things back then but my mom didn't suspect anything because Pokemon, and it made me feel rebellious.

Kind of curious to look back at the manga and also to see where it's gone since I kind of lost track of it after a couple years. Think I've still got a couple of issues in a box somewhere.

From where I'm sitting now I'd definitely say the manga. The anime is really nostalgic and I associate it with some happy memories, and sort of want to watch the early ones again since I haven't seen them in years and need some warm fuzzy feelings, but a lot of the time the ones I see every now and then when I'm around kids/nostalgic twentysomethings, whether new or old episodes, are kind of a chore to get through. There are still some that I appreciate though. Like the one where Ash and Pikachu fucking die about 20 episodes into the show, don't really care, and spend the whole time hanging out with ghosts. Then they go back into their crushed bodies and come back to life fine and dandy just because they feel like it after Brock and Misty take an entire episode of uselessly wandering around yelling their names before finding said corpses. That show was pretty weird sometimes.
    Earth. Atomizer. Let's go.

Thread Information