Results 3,601 to 3,616 of 3616

Thread: The NHC Podcast

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

i fall and i fall and i fall bias's Avatar
    Blog Entries

o fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by kupomog
    father dies while son tinychats

So I was going to make a personal announcement by voice on my podcast when the time was right to record it, and due to never being able to set mine back up after numerous falls, I've decided to make my announcement here and in writing as best as I can. Any questions, comments, criticisms, insults, may be used at the end of this post.

The reason I have been delaying the podcast the first few months (particularly during fall and winter 2014) was due to college life taking over. Spring came along fast and I was back in school, realizing I enjoyed my life off of the internet even more than I thought I would. I met my best friend (my roommate), I met several other close friends, and a few bizarre acquaintances who will be on my mind for years to come. I ended up posting less on No Homers too because of this and I began to feel distant. Whether it was a good thing or not, I don't know. I particularly missed talking with @Shaunbadia and @#Halloween whenever I had the chance. On the other hand, I realized that my life before going to college was some of the most depressing and pathetic moments of my life, and I honestly remember so little of it because I don't feel like my life had truly started yet.

Spring break rolled around, and I ended up having surgery after I had pulled a hernia during the winter. Back on drugs (medical reasons, I wasn't abusing them), laying on my parents' couch, watching TV, and holding off on my school assignments until the last minute, felt like an odd flashback of sorts and I began thinking "what if I went back to No Homers and brought back something I loved doing?" After waiting a few months and based on @hamm's request on a blog, I thought "why the hell not?" and attempted more than enough times to bring it back. Then stuff just came out of nowhere; people dying, attempting to get a new job, trying to impress people back home over the summer, and realizing how much I missed my college life. Nevertheless, I still had a particular interest that I was still dying to do and recently discovered that I had the opportunity to do as I pleased with it.

As you may know, I started a couple of threads on my ideas for animating a TV show in the possible future if I ever had the time, funds, or will to do it. During college, I began thinking about my old ideas again and decided that they weren't good enough. Based on the times, I really wanted something not only fresh that sounded uninspired, but something that I know no one else would pull off as well as I could. In the long run, I developed an idea and I ended up devoting a lot of my newly found free time into making it. I am making not one, but two animated pilots that I intend to shop around in hopes for future funding in continuing one of my ideas and passions. The first pilot is based on four people who get into the cannabis legalization boom of 2014 and decide that instead of opening up in a big city where everyone and their brother is already taking up space and profit, they open their shop in a small town nearby one of the largest party schools in the state. Over time, the comedy develops four characters who all have a backstory to tell, while telling the realistic story of what's going on in an almost modern world.

I'm going to leave the details at that for now as I'm not ready to say too much. When the project is finished, I will release it. I anticipate completion of animation by Summer of 2016, but time willing, I'm hoping much earlier so I can finally do this. In whatever is left of my free time between now and then, I'm pushing towards displaying my passion the way I have always meant to, even if it means I have to put a lot of my other hobbies on hold. The podcast has visibly been one of them, and I still want to ask and I want an honest answer: Does anyone really want it to come back, and if so, what would they want to come out of it? In the end, my best way to describe the NHC is a "like" relationship. I love a few particular members, but I feel like I contribute little here that is meaningful or even intelligent. I will still post here and there when I can, but I wanted to finally put this announcement out there for everyone.

TL;DR: Delayed podcast, made reasons, and animating a new show.

More details will follow in the coming months. Thank you all.

-Pat

You're BoJack Horseman, no cure for that.

Milhouse once mentioned a city very close to mine.
    Blog Entries

I would like to be involved if this ever comes to fruition. Someone tag me when there's been a recording date and topic.
    Always happy to meet new fans of The Simpsons. I'm especially interested in the dubs of the show, the German dub in particular.
    Incidentally, there's someone on Boards and Rec also named Lance Uppcercut. That's not me.... that is to say, that is not the same person.
    Wii U / 3DS ID: KleinerUndGemein
    PS3 ID: KleinerUndGemein
    Steam ID: SneakTheSnake
    GameFAQs profile: SneakTheSnake

Quote Originally Posted by Lance.Uppercut View Post
    I would like to be involved if this ever comes to fruition. Someone tag me when there's been a recording date and topic.
    The project or the podcast? AFAIK, it seems like you're the only one who even noticed that I posted, let alone paid attention to it. I wonder if I should have posted in a different thread.

Blog Entries

So... are you breaking up with us?
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

Not necessarily, but I want to spend less time here, yet keep in touch with those who have meant so much to me still, such as you, Steve, Shaun, Halloween, Kupo, all of you guys. When I can finally show my passionate side, I'm willing to release it here so I can at least prove that I wasn't only truthful in it, but to show that some time off can really improve a guy. I don't want it to seem like I'm quitting, but I want to find myself free time that I know what to do with.

Blog Entries

That's cool. Just write as much as possible, daily if possible. Feel free to send me an outline anytime if you wish to get some input. Are you gonna produce the whole pilot, or just an outline + some visuals?

I'm hoping to produce a whole pilot, probably not longer than 10 or 15 minutes. I creatively would like to compress enough to where whoever watches it gets not only a small gist of the action, but says "I want to see more of this guy's work." I'll probably send you an outline soon, and a first draft of the script when it's completed.

Blog Entries

Allright. If you're going the shopping around route, most producers aren't going to want to watch a whole pilot as a pitch. Maybe you'll be better off to use the time and energy to develop a few more pitches instead. A strong outline + some visuals is really all you need for a pitch. Prepare a little bible with some more (short) story ideas for the show and character bios and such in case they want to know more about the project.

10. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Startug

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Startug View Post
    Not necessarily, but I want to spend less time here, yet keep in touch with those who have meant so much to me still, such as you, Steve, Shaun, Halloween, Kupo, all of you guys. When I can finally show my passionate side, I'm willing to release it here so I can at least prove that I wasn't only truthful in it, but to show that some time off can really improve a guy. I don't want it to seem like I'm quitting, but I want to find myself free time that I know what to do with.
    Cool cool, stay in touch!

After thinking about it over the weekend, I'm going to go with Matty's idea and save my time and efforts on the animation. Even though it doesn't take me long to adapt to the software I'm using (it's Toon Boom Studio), it may be better to express my idea with a series bible. Where I pitch it, I don't know. Without an animated short to follow, I couldn't simply upload it to YouTube. I'm sure Matty might know of how to shop ideas around. So as I construct my ideas onto paper into a solid document, along with my other ideas, I'll come back with progress reports. Or a response to favorite shows coming back, favorite movies, etc.

Edit: I will actually update the progress in the "My Animated Project" thread when the time comes. I hope something surfaces soon, and if it's something exciting that I can share with my fellow boarders, I know I'll be back once again.
    Last edited by Startug; 07-14-2015 at 05:40 AM.

Oh my god, @aoife was right, Orgasm Wars does exist!

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a09_1380288531

Blog Entries

Good bump

Blog Entries

Im pretty sure we watched that in tinychat once

Oh yeah, that show. So glorious.
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

anyone wanna do one next week? i got free time

Thread Information