View Poll Results: How was the First Episode of Shorts: Season 2?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5 Heh Heh, kids make funny faces.

1 10.00%
  • 4/5 I watched this short making an Ape Face

3 30.00%
  • 3/5 I watched this short making a Homer Face

5 50.00%
  • 2/5 I watched the entire short with Marge's Face

1 10.00%
  • 1/5 This short made my face frozen today

0 0%

Thread: Rate and Review: ''Making Faces''

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Rate and Review: ''Making Faces''

Season 2 Premiere. Original Airdate: September 22, 1987. Marge warns the kids that if they make scary faces, their faces will stay those ways forever. The kids continue to make scary faces.

Overall, a pretty fun short. Has some funny faces that could only be done in the early animation and is overall pretty good for the early days. So, Rate and Review.

Trivia:

◾This short was featured on the opening screen in Futurama episode Fry and the Slurm Factory.
    ◾Homer does not appear in this short.
    ◾There would be 3 things that would happen to Bart and Lisa and Maggie if they faces were molded.
    ◾If Lisa went outside with a monkey face someone would send her to Africa.
    ◾If Bart went outside and he was stuck with Homer's face people would assume he was Homer.
    ◾If Maggie went to preschool with an ugly face she would probably get expelled.
    ◾Maggie talks 3 times in this episode.
    Just because I'm stupider than them, they think they're smarter than me!
    Simpsons Season 27 Ratings:
    Every Man's Dream-4.8/10 Cue Detective-6/10 Puffless-7/10 Halloween of Horror-8.4/10 Treehouse of Horror XXVI-(4.5, 5, 3.5) 4.25/10 Friend With Benefit-5/10 Lisa With An 'S'-5.5/10 Paths of Glory--/10 Barthood--/10 The Girl Code--/10 Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles--/10 Much Apu About Something--/10 Gal of Constant Sorrow--/10 Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4--/10 Lisa the Veterinarian--/10 The Marge-ian Chronicles--/10 The Burns Cage--/10 How Lisa Got Her Marge Back--/10 Fland Canyon--/10 Simprovised--/10 To Courier With Love--/10 Orange is the New Yellow--/10
    Futurama Season 7B Ratings:
    2-D Blacktop-7.5/10 Fry and Leela's Big Fling-7.9/10 T.: The Terrestrial-8.2/10 Forty Percent Leadbelly-6.8/10 The Inhuman Torch-8.4/10 Saturday Morning Fun Pit-(9, 7, 8.5) 8.2/10 Calculon 2.0-8.7/10 Assie Come Home-8.5/10 Leela and the Genestalk-7.2/10 Game of Tones-9.2/10 Murder on The Planet Express-9/10 Stench and Stenchibility-8.5/10 Meanwhile-9.5/10
    Jumping the Shark since 1998...
    Alternate Ending Winner of NHC Survivor Season 1

Blog Entries

YOUR POLL'S SUCK YOU NEVER MAKE THEM PUBLIC *runs away crying*
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatorgod View Post
    Back in the day, Daffy & Donald were polar opposites, providing a much needed diverse, full spectrum to the public's Duck entertainment needs.

Don't you know I am serious!! Rembrandt Q. Einstein_1's Avatar

I don't really "get" this short, especially the ending. There seemed to be no real point to that - I think they're scared by their own regular faces but i'm not too sure. And of course more laboured voice acting from Julie Kavner. 1/5

Quote Originally Posted by 1010011010 View Post

Trivia:

◾ ◾If Lisa went outside with a monkey face someone would send her to Africa.
    That could be interpreted the wrong way, man.
    In order to effect the maximum taste out of food such as a boiled sweet.

at the other side of reality cinco's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Must have been really fun to animate at the time: just let go and experiment!

Nah, Matt Groening made crude drawings of the family in a few seconds before he had a meeting James L. Brooks, this was because he had to think of something fast as he had second thoughts of selling the TV rights of the Life in Hell franchise... later he assumed that the animators would draw over his drawings... but instead they pretty much used his exact sketches for the show.

Quote Originally Posted by shoz999 View Post
    Nah, Matt Groening made crude drawings of the family in a few seconds before he had a meeting James L. Brooks, this was because he had to think of something fast as he had second thoughts of selling the TV rights of the Life in Hell franchise... later he assumed that the animators would draw over his drawings... but instead they pretty much used his exact sketches for the show.
    That was probably the case for Season 1 only...so no

It's all right for what it is, but I don't have a fetish for Tracy Ullman shorts like some others do. There was some thread not too long ago on Good Night vs. Homer Goes to Prep school, and in all honesty I would take modern Simpsons over some of that stuff.

3/5, I guess, since it asked for a rating.

What do you think they put in the Bug Juice?
    Bugs?
    No they don't. Come on...shut up.

f**kface von clownstick Frightened Inmate No. 2's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Not funny. Not interesting.

2/5
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Sandford II View Post
    While not humorous, would be cool if someone actually put this in their sig.

on a trip to squaresville Prune Tracy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It was pretty funny, but that ending was confusing. Have they never looked in a mirror before?

Eh, low 4/5.

Quote Originally Posted by Flimpson Tide View Post
    There was some thread not too long ago on Good Night vs. Homer Goes to Prep school, and in all honesty I would take modern Simpsons over some of that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Riviera View Post
    It was pretty funny, but that ending was confusing. Have they never looked in a mirror before?

Eh, low 4/5.
    I think the joke was...that they were ugly

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome B. Wonderful View Post
    YOUR POLL'S SUCK YOU NEVER MAKE THEM PUBLIC *runs away crying*
    Yeah...what's up with this.Public or BUST.I wanna know the delinquents

3/5 from me

Thread Information