1 7.14%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: R&R Shut Up,Simpsons

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

R&R Shut Up,Simpsons

This is one of my Favorite Shorts

Don't you know I am serious!! Rembrandt Q. Einstein_1's Avatar

This one's quite good, actually. 4/5

I've noticed something.When Matt Groening stopped writing episodes The Simpsons gradually start to change drastically.I mean compare Season 4-current Homer to Ullman-Season 3 Homer.I'll take the Older Homer for sure.But the one who changed the most are Lisa and Bart.Lisa became a sensitive douche and Bart...well he has gone soft now...sigh

f**kface von clownstick Frightened Inmate No. 2's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't understand how people say Bart has gone soft. He seems pretty similar to his older self, just less funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Sandford II View Post
    While not humorous, would be cool if someone actually put this in their sig.

5. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Startug

Quote Originally Posted by Frightened Inmate No. 2 View Post
    I don't understand how people say Bart has gone soft. He seems pretty similar to his older self, just less funny.
    Are you kidding me? Every time he does something bad he feels bad.And I cant remember the last time he did a prank in recent seasons.i mean just go watch the Shoplifting Short and see the end of it...Bart would never say such a thing nowadays.Nowadays he's just dull,doesn't do pranks,feels lifeless and when he does something bad he feels guilty...which is totally the opposite of what Bart used to be.

Blog Entries

I'm not very familiar with the shorts, but he always felt bad in the Classic Era, and I don't see the problem with them attempting to give some depth to a character, instead of a just a mischievous kid with no soul who does pranks all the time and never feels bad about them.

I'm not very familiar with the shorts, but he always felt bad in the Classic Era, and I don't see the problem with them attempting to give some depth to a character, instead of a just a mischievous kid with no soul who does pranks all the time and never feels bad about them.
    Yeah in the Classic Era he was bad I didnt mind that he learned there he was still a loveable prankster I found that acceptable.Im talking more Scully era till now....but mostly now
    But I dunno I enjoy the Bart who never feels bad about what he does.In General the shorts were Groening's Original Vision...The Simpsons was a dysfunctional family...and Bart's original character/personality fits the criteria perfectly...so does Lisa's Original Personality.I guess I cant complain too much about Bart though cuz he was mostly the same in the Classic Era.I do however hate Lisa's change from the Shorts to the Series.God she became a sappy character and she was never funny in the series.While in the shorts she had alot of moments.I also liked Homer's Original Personality...it was like a mixture of Season 1-2 Homer and Later Classic Era Homer I guess.He was a responsible father(Didnt let Bart and Lisa watch Itchy and Scratchy...Ironic IKR) but also pretty goddamn stupid at times.

I haven't seen many of the shorts, but this was really good. 4/5

Blog Entries

I don't care for it... the "conflict" is forced, nobody seems to have a character (compare grampa here to his introduction), and it kinda feels like a weird declawed three stooges short. I like the low angle shot at the end though

How is it forced? I think it flows pretty well.The Simpsons ARE a "DYSFUNCTIONAL FAMILY"....stuff like this is common for them everyday

Blog Entries

mainly that they all have to hug to atone for an incredibly minor non-incident... it just doesn't feel natural to me

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Homer View Post
    mainly that they all have to hug to atone for an incredibly minor non-incident... it just doesn't feel natural to me
    It's a short not a full length episode they can do anything they want with in a 1 minute format.It isn't supposed to make sense like how a 30 minutes episode does.

Vote Jerkass Homer 2015! Jerkass Homer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I watched this one, back in 2009, when i watched all of the shorts (expect for a few) its a pretty good short overall. 4/5.

Blog Entries

It's not very good. Maybe 2.5/5

The ratings for the shorts are incredibly unbalanced.I think people are expecting to see Half-Hour Show Quality when in reality the shorts are much different.Still I can't see how one rates Homer goes to Prep School 5/5 but rates this a 2/5 *facepalm*
    epic fail

Blog Entries

I'm not sure about Dark Homer, but I'm reasonably certain Handsome hasn't seen Prep School yet.

I was talking about Handsome

Blog Entries

I make no distinction between short quality and episode quality, and I don't think the shorts' limited time is a valid excuse for their shortcomings

How can there be shortcomings in shorts? It makes no sense.And this was when The Simpsons was still at its infancy and was still finding its identity.
    Still for Handsome to rate Prep School 5/5 and this 2/5 is stupid.His ratings are Incredibly Hit or Miss

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThankYouComeAgain View Post
    How can there be shortcomings in shorts? It makes no sense.
    ... what? are you saying anything under 2 minutes is flawless?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Homer View Post
    ... what? are you saying anything under 2 minutes is flawless?
    No its just so short that if it has any shortcomings they're not too big
    What I meant by the previous post BTW is that people watch the shorts thinking they're short versions of "The Simpsons" half-hour show...and they're just not.They're radically different
    The shorts were Matt Groening's Original Vision.The Simpsons were a Dysfunctional Family.This was lost on the half-hour show after the first few seasons and it became a show about "Lets make Homer do stupid stuff"...which is cool and all but you get what I mean

Blog Entries

It doesn't have any huge shortcomings, but it doesn't have many longcomings (if that were a word). I don't care what Matt Groening's original vision was, if it wasn't that great. I don't care that they were a dysfunctional family, because they really weren't that realistic or entertaining in this stage of their dysfunctionality (if that were a word).

It doesn't have any huge shortcomings, but it doesn't have many longcomings (if that were a word). I don't care what Matt Groening's original vision was, if it wasn't that great. I don't care that they were a dysfunctional family, because they really weren't that realistic or entertaining in this stage of their dysfunctionality (if that were a word).
    Are you kidding me? They were just about million times more realistic then the half-hour show
    Just look at Ullman Homer then look at Regular Homer
    Ullman Homer has a deeper voice and acts more normally.He seems more believable as a father and an Adult.
    Bart and Lisa are more like Kids...unlike where they fucking turn Lisa into Einstein
    Marge is a caring calm mother....unlike when they make her conceited and grumpy
    And the whole emotional episodes arent that realistic either(save for some few like "Bart gets an F") cuz there comes a point in your life where you just dont care about your problems in your life cuz you're used to them
    If anything the half-hour show is less realistic
    lol
    If they were to actually write the new episodes as Simpsons being a more dysfunctional family the episodes would be better cuz the characters would play off of each-other and they wouldnt need to constantly parody every thing ever made

Blog Entries

The characters are a bit more realistic, but the way they interact is less realistic.

on a trip to squaresville Prune Tracy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Man, that was bad. And why is this the second short I've seen where Marge is trapped in a picture?

The characters are a bit more realistic, but the way they interact is less realistic.
    That's cuz it's a cartoon that's kind of what makes it interesting anyways.And there's not as much room for that in a 1-2 minute short.It's annoying that the kids are more mature then their parents in the half-hour show...it doesnt make sense now that In think about it

Riviera you have poor taste IMO.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThankYouComeAgain View Post
    Riviera you have poor taste IMO.
    Explain to me what was good about that. It was probably one of the most generic/boring things I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Riviera View Post
    Explain to me what was good about that. It was probably one of the most generic/boring things I've ever seen.
    Pay attention to how the characters play off of each-other.That's the good thing about it.It's simplistic but funny.
    It's sort of reminds me of childish real-life arguments but a bit more wacky

Blog Entries

The chain reaction thing didn't really do anything for me.

Thread Information