New You Know What's Bullshit!?
New You Know What's Bullshit.
(Users Browsing this Thread: )
Oh I know, I was just talking to myself!
So you're an extra in the movie ryan? How did you get spotted?
Originally Posted by irvine_11
Cinemassacre put up a notice for non-union extras in the LA area, and they picked me. I only got to go to two shoot days, as the rest were pushed back until May due to rain delay and I was too busy with my new job. But that was enough for a rather fun experience! Hard to believe it's been nearly four months since then.
Go through this fuckers driveway. HAHAHA
You Know What's Bulllllllllllllllllshit?!
When a series of quick web shorts that were cute for a little while gets run waaaay the fuck into the ground.
Like seriously, I don't think I've laughed at a YKWBS? in like 3 years. That one he did about movie sequel titles (The Final Destination, Fast & Furious) was great. I loved the Cliffhanger/Cliff Hanger joke.
I loved the new Schwarzenegger Games ep though. The T2 intro parody was great. I really loved dead Kyle Justin behind the couch too.
It's just filler to keep people interested.
I agree with your sentiments about the last episode though. I thought it started slowly but really picked up and became great when the Predator segment came up.
Board James is far worse than YKWBS? though. There were maybe three or four funny eps of that series.
Eh, Board James isn't that bad but I can understand why people would dislike it.
Then again Mr. Bucket was so great that it probably clouds my judgement on BJ's overall quality!
Yeah Mr. Bucket's awesome. He needs to do more crazy shit like that. Best Board James by far, although it barely counts as one because it's so different.
I really love the Dragonstrike video, the medieval game that has that weird VHS video with it. Weapons & Warriors is another good one but I'm biased towards that one because I have the title card for it, signed by both James and Mike
I'm a Simpsons fan, but I don't cry my eyes out whenever a grown man who reviews video games doesn't make too many references to my favorite show.but yeah that avgn simpsons one is just like everything i dislike about him summed up. as in, it never even crosses his mind to talk about the simpsons or how those games relate to its legacy in a funny/terrible way because he's too caught up with, "these controls suck and the story makes no sense! fuck munchshitter ostrich turd!"
It doesn't matter if it's funny or not... MONORAIL MR. THOMPSON MIILLLHOUSE NOT LENNY SMRT YOU DIRTY APE MAGAGIE TRAMBAMBOLINE!!!!the dude is actually a HUGE simpsons fan... his reviews are littered with lots of little nods to the show. and as you pointed out, his timing and "10 jokes per minute" approach really evokes the simpsons style
That's from B&R, isn't it @lolfox? I'm guessing some people are just bitter because of the whole 'James is scamming everyone!' fiasco when they don't know the full details (I bet). It's tiring, it's boring and we'll only know at the aftermath of the movie what's going behind the scenes.
@Steve I'm glad that we agree that DragonStrike and Mr. Bucket are fantastic. I can understand why some people don't like Board James, but I still prefer it over You Know What's BS? (which got tiring pretty quickly)
That said everything is better than Mike Matei's reviews. Jesus christ...
Watched the Schwarzenegger video finally.
It was great whenever James' face wasn't on the screen. When we see gameplay he actually talks and mentions funny stuff. When he mugs the camera, it's just a bunch of psuedo-tourette's idiocy. Man, aren't we past this? Didn't the whole "LOL LOTS OF CUSSING" get old like 3 years ago? Doesn't he WANT to do something more substantial? I can't imagine the movie will be anything but more of this since this 20 minute spectacle is probably of the same quality.
Idea for the episode was good, the footage was funny, and the details he points out are informative of these crummy games. Jesus Christ, just stay behind the camera is all I ask. Hes seems like he's exhausted of all this shit and has to try way too hard in front of the camera to come up with anything anymore. That's probably the joke here, but it's probably the "joke" because he actually is sick of it. I would be.
Anyone else think the voice dubbing sounded like junk during gameplay? Is it because of the glaring difference between the quality of their new equipment and the old or... what? Pretty muffled.
I dunno. I can safely say I liked this ep better than the past several but thats like saying you like Season 11 Simpsons better than Season 17.
I want Munky Cheez 3k: Return of Munky Cheese Part 3: Munky Go Boom 2: Munky Cheese 4 2: Curse of Munky Cheez 5
Last edited by lolcats; 08-02-2012 at 04:18 PM.
Top 10 favorite Nerd eps?
Friday the 13th
Nintendo World Championships
Whichever Bible Games has you killing farm animals ala doom...
lol damn, y'all fail at posting top 10s.
10. Power Glove - Love his improvised jokes in this. "Try doing the Contra code with this fuckin' thing." I wish he'd do more episodes like that.
9. Atari 5200 - This is is his only review where he never even gets to play any games. Watching him fuck around trying to hook the system up is hilarious. Also love the ending.
8. Ninja Gaiden - He admits the game is great, and does a realistic portrayal of the frustrations you go through playing it one of the hardest NES games ever made. Kevin Finn is hysterical as the ninja too.
7. CD-i trilogy - I've always loved his "history lesson" videos. Hotel Mario and the Zelda CD-i games are so laughably bad and he does a great job mocking them.
6. Game Glitches - again, Kevin Finn's hilarious in this one. I laugh out loud every time I watch this ep.
5. Street Fighter 2010 - I just love how he goes all over the place in this one. He talks about the original Street Fighter, Street Fighter II, and even friggin' Street Fighter: The Movie: The Game before getting to the point and giving a very fair and engaging review of SF 2010. And some uh, pretty bad green-screen work.
4. Nintendo World Championships - easily the best video from last year. I wasn't crazy about it at first because I thought Pat was kind of annoying, but I grew to love it. Watching them argue back and forth like a couple of kids is great fun.
3. Zelda II - I LOVE the game Zelda II, so I was glad when James admits right off the bat that it's a great game, although a pretty hard one. He does a great job of nitpicking it and makes some great points without exaggerating certain things too much. By far my favorite random-ass reference he's ever made in a video is when he references Home Improvement in this ep. Makes me laugh every time.
2. Nintendo Days Re-Revisited - I lol'd at his George Lucas parody at the beginning of this. The new title cards for the old vids are sexy, and I loved the gag with the plane in Top Gun. I hope the plane eventually shows up in a future vid.
1. Plumbers Don't Wear Ties - You might say that the game is so badly made that it speaks for itself, but James's reactions to the stuff in this game are some of the funniest and had me cracking up a LOT the first time I saw this. The video's structured in the perfect way, showing the game get more and more ridiculous as it goes on, and you find yourself reacting in the same way he does to certain stuff. TAKE YOUR DAMN CLOTHES OFF
Like that Plumbers is number 1. I'll have to rewatch most of the old episodes to make an accurate list.
Plumbers is fine but I haven't seen it in forever. I like the vid of him watching the old Looney Tunes via actual film too now that I think of it. Off topic kinda but eh...
Steve has inspired me to do a list as well. I tend to favor the straight reviewing stuff... I usually find the skits he does the worst part of his reviews.
10. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Probably his first truly "great" video. Loses some points for some of that early installment weirdness, but still definitely a classic episode.
9. Bible Games - A lot of weird stuff in this episode, between the odd carrying stuff in Bible Adventures and that weird food-themed Bible Buffet.
8. Swordquest - More of an informational review. But I love how he sets the stage in this one, and goes over the stuff in fine detail. Learned something I never knew about gaming history.
7. Ghostbusters (Part 1) - Basically just because the game design is just silly, with the driving segments and the constant buying of items.
6. Atari 5200 - For the reasons Steve mentioned.
5. Nintendo Power - Fun, nostalgic review. In particular, I love the segment when he went through the reader letters.
4. CD-i (Wand of Gamelon) - The other Zelda CD-i reviews kinda repeated what was in the first one. This one really went into the ridiculousness of the ropes and the platforming and animation or whatnot.
3. Plumbers Don't Wear Ties - For the reasons Steve listed.
2. Silver Surfer - Really classic review of him just playing the game, no gimmicks.
1. The Power Glove - It's so bad.
60 Second Simpsons - Ep32 - And Maggie Makes Three
Not every thread is a +1 posting game thread, HBW.
To be fair I thought that too...
Not every thread is a +1 posting game thread, OTR.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)