View Poll Results: How would you rate this episode?

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5 Happily Married Couple

12 10.62%
  • 4/5 Content Married Couple

31 27.43%
  • 3/5 Trial Separation

46 40.71%
  • 2/5 Quickie Divorce

14 12.39%
  • 1/5 Annulment

10 8.85%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rate and Review: "Ned 'N' Edna's Blend" (PABF15)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Food-Crazed Maniac Oh, that's raspberry!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Rate and Review: "Ned 'N' Edna's Blend" (PABF15)

May 13, 2012: Word gets out that Ned and Edna were secretly married prompting Marge to throw them a party. Meanwhile Edna tries to help Ned's kids become more socially acceptable. Discuss!
    Last edited by Oh, that's raspberry!; 05-12-2012 at 11:42 PM.

Blog Entries

Just watching this one to see if anything actually changes and not reverting to the status quo. If it does go back to the status quo I'll be ever surely pissed.

Heh, eating the fake leprosy things was pretty funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatorgod View Post
    Back in the day, Daffy & Donald were polar opposites, providing a much needed diverse, full spectrum to the public's Duck entertainment needs.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Woah, this one is nutso... so far....

Act One: Dumb-ish... yet insane.

Act Two: Insanity continues...

Act Three: Moe burned act four, yes!!!!!!!!

Act Four: Obvious, banal, and dumb.

Overall a 2.4 rounded down to a 2/5 for the polls.
    Last edited by The Angry Animated Comedy Nerd; 05-13-2012 at 06:07 PM.

Blog Entries

Admitely I 'watched' it using 5% of my attention, so it's hard to judge but it did seem a bit boring.

Will need to give it a proper go.

Banned
    inside of your skeleton, slowly feeding away at your insides,
    Blog Entries

I'm kinda liking this so far.

''Mmmmm... Historically inaccurate...''

Blog Entries

Oh nice, Flanders' parents.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Good callback!

Good to see Ned's parents again (insert sarcastic laugh). This is REALLY BORING and painfully unfunny.

That couch gag was TOO long and unnecessary. The episode is so far my personal pick for "Worst. Episode. Ever."!

Blog Entries

"Brought to you by the Presbyterian Church of Propaganda"

Banned
    Blog Entries

This is great so far!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FranklinGeorge View Post
    Good to see Ned's parents again (insert sarcastic laugh). This is REALLY BORING and painfully unfunny.

That couch gag was TOO long and unnecessary. The episode is so far my personal pick for "Worst. Episode. Ever."!
    You really like to jump the gun, don't you?

That couch gag is from a different episode, so complain about it in that thread, please.

Why are people saying this is great? Come on, Al Jean, just step down already.

0/5 (1/5 in poll), F, Worst. Episode. Ever. I am scared to watch the season finale next week. Oh, wait, it will be horrible because Lady Gaga will be in it.

-- Handsome B. Wonderful --

I forgot which episode that couch gag was in?

Blog Entries

Not much happened, but not bad. Loved that Ned Flanders sitcom extended opening in the credits. 3/5.

formerly shutupa yo face moneychair2003's Avatar

THE CAKE IS A LIE
    Check out my NFL blog. I write articles about every upcoming match, my predictions for those matches, what games are worth watching, and about everything else happening in the NFL. http://backbayfuturesportsmanagers.com/

http://www.reddit.com/user/ac519/

Banned
    Blog Entries

I finally got to see a GOOD Simpsons episode!

@Franklin
    The Fool Monty

I will make a review in a few minutes but I can say that was a good ones. A way better than the one of last week. If the episode would be always as good as this one, I would be very happy.
    My Simpsons Season 26 Ratings/Reviews:
    Clown in the Dumps : 1/5 / The Wreck of the Relationship : 3,5/5 / Super Franchise Me : 3/5 / Simpson Horror Show XXV : 2,75/5

A good episode, better than average, but nothing really special. 3.5 rounded up to a 4/5

Blog Entries

Well it was about average for the era I'd say which is somewhat mediocre. There was some funny stuff which included the callback to Ned's parents and Ned's dream, Moe and the four act structure, and Homer and Bart's "fatass" argument, but there were too many boring scenes like the entire opening act really. Although the callback to Homer as Jesus at the end was good. I guess that's more forgivable though considering this is supposed to be a more character driven episode and as the first episode dealing with Ned and Edna married it was adequate. I'd say a 3/5 on the first view.

The commercial for next week made me shudder though, that's gonna be rough to watch.

Loved the Avatar couch gag. The plot was definitely cool. Ned was more human, hasn't been this human since "Hurricane Neddy". "Everybody loves Ned Flanders" remix in the credits was epic. 4/5

Now the jokes,

Poor Milhouse prepared to point to the wrong direction lol. Lenny's Story in Cancun would be a cool side story in the future. Loved the Hobo who happens to be Saint Peter (unexpectedly not jesus) line, Homer on Twitter classic (Is this really his most recent tweet? Somebody should check),

Frink rejecting science wasnt as big as it should be, Homer's face when hes going up on the cross was cute, MMMM.... Historically Inaccurate, LGBT acronym was funny, TIM TEBOW ADVANCED ASTRONOMY FTW, department of propaganda sponsor, Ned's shocked face in claymation classic, married to the sea and 2 great lakes, Homer's love for some random internet guy with a darth maul avatar.

Best moments were Moe dropping epic philosophical observations on story structure and Marge giving people cake even though THE CAKE IS A LIE (Gamer joke).

Fails at masonry Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

All I can say is...WOW. I expected this to be a good episode, but this exceeded my expectations by miles. First of all, Flanders wasn't a conservative blowhard; he reminded me a lot of the old Flanders. There were also a lot of callbacks to previous episodes, the best being the song from The Front at the end. I mean, that's from season 4!! I think callbacks like these are one of the biggest identifiers that the writers still care about the show. Speaking of that, it looked they worked extremely hard on this, and it paid off in spades. It was hilarious as well; that never hurts. Basically, there was nothing wrong with this episode (Besides the fact that Ned's parents are alive, let alone look nearly the same, about 55 years later). Just wonderful. Quite possibly my new favorite of the season.

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Good bits:

+The tricycle tipping over "I'm doing it!"
    +The "answers" Assembly
    +Edna's "This is the first time I've ever truly cared for children!"
    +Ned's attempted rap.

The rest was meh and the self-referential humor about the town clamoring over Ned was stupid and Moe's pointing out the 4 act structure was just as irritating as the four act structure.

I didn't hear what Bart had in the bathtub, though. What'd he say?

Eh, it's a 3/5.

NEXT WEEK: Just when you got sick of Bieber-Fever, The Simpsons get Gaga-cirrhosis as Lady Gaga tweets about her blue bird dress!

Well, ya'know if you stay positive and forget about trivial things like "proper characterization," "Satire," and "emotional depth" watching new Simpsons episodes can be a seemingly enjoyable lie.

Blog Entries

S'up D'ohmer. How you been? Please post.

Financial Panther: I found act one to be the worst act.

Agreed that the season finale will probably be pretty bad. We'll see

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rango View Post
    Good bits:
    I didn't hear what Bart had in the bathtub, though. What'd he say?
    It sounded to me like he was keeping a dolphin in his bathtub, but I could be wrong.

Agreed Handsome, Act 1 was the worst(though act 3 was about 90 seconds)

WOW HOMER'S REAL MOST RECENT TWEET WAS THE ONE ON THE SHOW!!! GENIUS!

Homer J. Simpson ‏ @HomerJSimpson

ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO EAT THOSE STICKERS ON APPLES? I’M GUESSING YES.

Blog Entries

That joke was terrible, made even worse with "I'm guessing yes".

It's nice to see a good episode compared to last week. If all the episodes would be like last week, for sure I would not stay long to watch the new seasons. I am glad to have finally seen a suite for the Nedna couple. I expected a pretty good episode without being extraordinary and I saw an episode like what I expected. I am well satisfied with it. For the gags, there still a few ones like Homer has always confused "angry" and "hungry",Maggie who show the picture of Bart and the game "trouble" and the wedding scene with the parents of Ned. It was indeed a pleasure to see again these two characters who come directly from season 8. For the script, the story is quite short, but still enjoyable to watch. The only small problem is a few lengths in the middle of episode but it's still a great one. I hesitate between a 3,5 and 3,75, however, I think I'll go with a 3,5. I gave this note to "The Ned Liest Catch" that I like less, but I find the episodes to which I gave a 3,75 in season 23 a notch above that of tonight so I give 3,5/5. 4 in the poll.

Hired Goon
    Blog Entries

Meh... not terrible, but could have been so much better. For starters, the whole "we're married" out of the blue thing was very gimmicky and could have been done less "loudly." Second, I think that the rest if the episode should have been about Rod and Todd adjusting to their new school, not their marriage. What was done was okay, I guess. 3/5 (C+)
    My Simpsons Season Rankings:
    6 > 7 > 3 > 5 > 8 > 4 > 2 > 1 > 9 > 15 > 13 > 14 > 10 > 16 > 12 > 11 > 22 > 21 > 17 > 25 > 24 > 18 > 26 > 20 > 19 > 23

Quote Originally Posted by handsome
    honestly the most burning question i had about you was if you had seen every disney movie so i'm glad that got out of the way first

vs. Radioactive Man Captain Squid's Avatar

Yeah yeah, I was one of the asshats who gave this a 5/5. Like "Holidays of Future Passed", I thought that this episode had a lot of heart. And while not as good as that episode, I still really liked this one. For starters, no reset button at the end! Huzzah! Now I only hope that they explore Edna and Ned's marriage in a few future episodes before the show ends. Also, Bart living next door to his teacher could lend itself to a fun b-plot down the road. Also nice to see the "Do Rod and Todd attend Springfield Elementary?" question answered. Not sure how much milage they could get out of the two now that they are confirmed students, but the Simpsons geek in me liked that.

I liked the whole Passion Play setup, it was a very fun perfectly normal town happening that I can't recall ever happening on the show before. Homer beating out Ned for the role made me chuckle.

Yeah, the "We're Married!" was forced, but the rest played out well. Ned was still a little nutso, but far less than past seasons. And Edna seems to make him act more normal.

I didn't find the episode boring, it was just very normal. No crazy plot twists, just Ned and Edna trying to settle into their new roles, which I liked as by the end of it their marriage felt established. Far better a statue quo change than Maude's death or sober Barney.

So yeah, in the end, not the best episode of the season, but a very well done one. Seems they put the effort in this week and it paid off. And yeah, I loved all the callbacks. So giving this a 4.5/5 rounded up. Second favorite episode of the season behind "Holidays" and tied with "Book Job".
    UP AND ATOM!

Blog Entries

Hey I've been doing good. Anyway, I missed the first few minutes, but I loved what I saw. I thought the plotline was very interesting and well executed. I also thought many of the jokes were funny. I loved the scene in the hospital, for example. The ending was a little rushed/unconvincing, but it wasn't too bad. 4.5/5 rounded up to a 5

Thread Information