Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Most Shameful Guest Apperance?

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Most Shameful Guest Apperance?

Like when the writers bring in somone todo 1 line so they can get an extra million views - e.g
    - Kelsey Grammer in "At long last leave"
    - That guy in "A totally fun thing..." i forget who he is but he was in that stupid Pandora Strain movie.
    Anyone done worse?
    Season 26 Episode Ratings

1. Clown In The Dumps 0/10
    2. Wreck of the Relationship 6/10
    3. Super Franchise Me 6/10
    4. Treehouse of Horror XVV 7/10
    5. Opposites-a-Frack 3/10
    6. Simpsorama 9/10
    7. Blazed and Confused 7/10
    8. Covercraft 7/10

9. I Won't Be Home For Christmas ??/10

I'm not your friend-o Cartoonnetwork's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think both of those are ok.

Metallica could have been used a little better, I don't think they were bad but they could have been used in a more natural way and not like filler in a first act of an episode.
    Same thing with The White Stripes, their scene was one of the most decent parts in Jazzy and The Pussycats, but still too out of the sudden and random.
    Steve Buscemi's random appearance in Break My Wife, Please was sort of funny but still a waste. At least they used him again in other episode. I don't remember the name of the guy that sings for Marge in the party in the same episode, but even though the song was decent I generally dislike when it looks like The Simpsons are personal friends of famous people.
    Like I said before, REM in Homer The Moe.
    Even though they weren't underused I actually dislike Kim Basinger and Alec Baldwin, precisely because the episode was all about them.
    My Simpsons homage!

http://elblogderg.blogspot.com

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bomberswarm2 View Post
    Like when the writers bring in somone todo 1 line so they can get an extra million views - e.g
    - Kelsey Grammer in "At long last leave"
    They didn't even advertise that he was going to appear in it, but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Friz View Post
    They didn't even advertise that he was going to appear in it, but whatever.
    Well I don't know anything about the Ads because I'm in Austrailia and I don't know where to get a good stream of fox.

50 cent and nsync spring to mind as it was a glaring "down with the kids"thing to do.cant imagine the writers cared for them as artists.could be wrong

Jackie Mason, but NOT in the episodes "Like Father, Like Clown" (one of the best episodes ever) and "Today I am a Clown" (adequately enjoyable episode)

He had speaking roles in four episodes (three airing during season 23) after his first two appearances. (not including "The Scorpion's Tale" since his lines I assume were cut, even though his name appeared as a guest star in the FOX description for all three airdates)

The recent cameos are all as if they want to make Rabbi Krustofski a recurring character when it is obviously too late.
    Last edited by biffwestwood; 05-02-2012 at 01:14 PM.

Sacha Baron Cohen ~ The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed

Even though he had plenty of lines, it's shameful for the simple reason those lines were actually uttered.
    To view various lists about my Simpsons opinions, click the link below.

http://www.nohomers.net/usernote.php...ewuser&u=27253

YAY! Turner's back on DISH! D DEBBS's Avatar

Ted Nugent....eww....

This guy:
    I have gone

10. Thumbs Up To This Post by: PT88

Banned
    Blog Entries

Lady GaGa... I don't even have to see it.. to know how awful and shameful it will be.

Blair was easily the worst up to that point. I've successfully avoided a lot of newer episodes, so I concede it's possible that that abomination has somehow been surpassed. He literally showed up for no reason, praised Britain and flew off (because apparently a jetpack counts as a punchline in the Scully era).

One guest appearance I've always disliked in the classic era was Paul/Linda McCartney. That whole scene felt a bit too pandering, as though the writers were being overly reverential. I suppose the backmasked lentil soup recipe is a decent gag, though.

ooooooooooooooooooh leprechaun_dan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Coldplay in "Million Dollar Maybe". I enjoyed the episode and the band but their guest appearance was unnecessary. Same with Blink 182, I enjoy the band but hated their appearance.
    [SIZE=1] Check out my South Park episode ideas in my user notes (Note: It's the fifth and last note): http://www.nohomers.net/usernote.php...ewuser&u=41294

"I got blisters on me fingers!" ~ Ringo Starr (Helter Skelter)

Led Zeppelin IV > Houses of the Holy > Physical Graffiti > Led Zeppelin II > Led Zeppelin I > Led Zeppelin III > Presence > In Through the Out Door > Coda

Stonecutter

Britney Spears? In universe, at least.
    "I shouldn't have eaten that packet of powdered gravy I found in the parking lot..."

Quote Originally Posted by MuchAdoAboutNothing View Post
    Lady GaGa... I don't even have to see it.. to know how awful and shameful it will be.
    Why do I get the feeling that that episode will end with Gaga singing "Born this Way"?

You spin me right round Carving's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by christmas_ape View Post
    (because apparently a jetpack counts as a punchline in the Scully era).
    Apparently, the Jean era counts as the Scully era as well.

Anyway, I'd go with Ricky Gervais. His first appearance was okay, but his second appearance was the worst guest star moment of the series IMO.
    My Simpsons Season Rankings:
    6 > 7 > 3 > 5 > 8 > 4 > 2 > 1 > 9 > 15 > 13 > 14 > 10 > 16 > 12 > 11 > 22 > 21 > 25 > 17 > 24 > 18 > 20 > 19 > 23

My Simpsons Season 26 Ratings:
    Clown in the Dumps - C- The Wreck of the Relationship - D+ Super Franchise Me - D Treehouse of Horror XXV - C+ Opposites A-Frack - B Simpsorama - C- Blazed and Confused - C Covercraft - C-

Whoops. My point still stands however (and travel episodes always feel a bit Scullyish).

Probably Ricky Gervais in Homer Simpson, this is your wife of season 17.
    My Simpsons Season 26 Ratings/Reviews:
    Clown in the Dumps : 1/5 / The Wreck of the Relationship : 3,5/5 / Super Franchise Me : 3/5 / Simpson Horror Show XXV : 2,75/5

19. Thumbs Up To This Post by: zartok-35

Blog Entries

Stephen Hawking in Don't Fear the Roofer

Blog Entries

Joe Namath in "Bart Star". I consider him to be the first of many shameful appearances, as a result of Mike Scully just bringing in anybody and everybody.

The whole idea was basically the star quarterback (though referring to Namath as a star is a gross exaggaration, as he had twice as many interceptions as touchdowns in his career) showing up because his car broke down, and before he could tell Bart anything, he leaves, but not before saying "Remember what I told you."... which had Bart just recycle three lines in his head over and over again about his car breaking down.

Others include Metallica, the White Stripes, and Gervais from "Angry Dad: The Movie" ("Homer, This is your Wife" sucked, but he did write the episode).

"Joe Namath in "Bart Star". I consider him to be the first of many shameful appearances, as a result of Mike Scully just bringing in anybody and everybody."

Personally I've always found that a pretty funny parody of exactly the sort of thing that happens now (famous figure improbably shows up to deliver implausibly appropriate advice). I do, however, have no idea who Joe Namath is.

Cromulent

"Remember what I told you"

"I'm Joe Namath"

Quote Originally Posted by Safety Inspector View Post
    Stephen Hawking in Don't Fear the Roofer
    I'd say that his appearance in "Elementary School Musical" was far worse.

The worst thing about the Blair appearance was how impressed even Lisa was to see him. Isn't she supposed to be a liberal minded protester and a sort of moral pacifist (in that she hates killing stuff). Why the hell wouldn't she question him about starting what Lisa's character would obviously think is a illegitimate war? I haven't put this very elegantly but my point still stands, it doesn't fit Lisa's character.

I think the most useless guest star I ever saw in the show was Alison Hannigan in Flaming Moe - s22. Don't get me wrong, I like her in How I Met Your Mother, but in this episode, she litteraly appears for... three lines !!
    An apple by day, the doctor away

Moral Orel freak HANDSOME.S4.COMPLETE.XviD's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I thought Joe Nameth was gold. I always saw it as a joke, but nowadays, I dunno.
    Quote Originally Posted by ofhf View Post
    I was always a pointless guy
    Its a little known fact that Freddy is actually a huge fan of David Letterman. The Fresh Prince upset Freddy when he turned Letterman off, and his punishment is death.

Oh there are many to mention but Ronaldo sticks out to me. It has one of those typical spiels of "[Celebrity name]?!" followed by a small biography and then the guy sounds like he has no idea what he's saying. It's painful.
    I bet they regretted it during recording.

Blog Entries

I completely agree with Krikt about Ronaldo. It felt like they wanted to show that they knew about the sport and the people involved with it but they failed miserably I'm afraid. Like you said, a small biography and two random appearances that made no sense to the story, nor was it funny. A missed opportunity, really.

Otherwise, a few talented actors/musicians had the most useless/unfunny roles over the years. Cohen, Colbert, Blink 182...

I'm a puffy pink cloud!!! babywithacrowbar's Avatar

50 cent.

Just because he is the last person I want to see on TV, let alone The Simpsons.
    Please subscribe to me on YouTube!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/babywithacrowbar

I haven't seen a new episode in ages, but from older seasons I though Kim Bassinger and Aleck Baldwin were one of the worst guest appearances. It wasn't shameful, but I thought Brooke Shields was pretty useless/pointless, and pretty much everyone on Homerpalooza (except Peter Frampton.) Conversely, Aerosmith was a great example of doing guest stars right!

I don't hate that Baldwin episode as I feel I logically should, probably because I do find it genuinely funny. Still something that shouldn't happen on the Simpsons, but my disappointment is largely of the academic variety.

33. Thumbs Up To This Post by: zartok-35

Thread Information