View Poll Results: Season 9 is...

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • One of the best ever

    4 10.81%
  • Very good / Good

    25 67.57%
  • Mediocre

    7 18.92%
  • Bad

    0 0%
  • Awful / one of the worst ever

    1 2.70%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 61 to 69 of 69



Thread: Something about Season 9...



(Users Browsing this Thread: )

  1. #61
    Junior Camper
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    61


    Quote Originally Posted by kidpresentable View Post
    you guys act like trash of the titans was the first episode where homer was ever mean. and there have been times in my life when i wanted to tamper with steve martin's breaks too.
    I agree Homer was a bit of a jerk in this one but felt that it was humorous. Homer's attitude towards Ned in When Flanders Failed is probably the nastiest I have seen Homer behave. In fact, I did not find Homer in When Flanders Failed amusing at all, and a tad unsettling.

  2. #62
    I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Wisconsin: "More bars in more places."
    Posts
    14,093
    Blog Entries
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by Dandu386 View Post
    I agree Homer was a bit of a jerk in this one but felt that it was humorous. Homer's attitude towards Ned in When Flanders Failed is probably the nastiest I have seen Homer behave. In fact, I did not find Homer in When Flanders Failed amusing at all, and a tad unsettling.
    But at the end he did realize he took his petty ways a bit TOO far and helped Ned get back, albeit in a 'bad' sitcommy way.

    When Flanders Failed is one of my least favorite preScully episodes.

  3. #63
    still here qwertyuio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Eurasia
    Posts
    2,332
    Blog Entries
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by Rango View Post
    Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire is more realatable and replicates "gasp!" human behavior and it's more of an endearing episode. Episodes like "Miracle" are more just for a laughs and are truly forgettable.
    Even if I agree with this comment, I can hardly understand the reason why these episodes are compared, because leaving aside their Christmas setting they are radically different. Yes, Simpsons Roasting On An Open Fire is more endearing, warmer, more relatable; but Miracle On Evergreen Terrace doesn't intend to be like that, that episode is darker and more cynical. They are completely different in their approach and therefore the comparison is not at all fair. Maybe There's No Disgrace Like Home would be a more fitting choice to compare with Miracle.
    Season 21 ratings (A.K.A. Qwert's Generic Sig Vol. II)

    Homer The Whopper 7/10 Bart Gets A 'Z' 8.5/10 The Great Wife Hope 9/10 Treehouse Of Horror XX 9.17/10
    The Devil Wears Nada 9.5/10 Pranks And Greens 6.5/10 Rednecks And Broomsticks 7.5/10 Oh Brother, Where Bart Thou? 8.5/10
    Thursdays With Abie 5.5/10 Once Upon A Time In Springfield 10/10 Million Dollar Maybe 4.5/10 Boy Meets Curl 6/10
    The Color Yellow 9/10 Postcards From The Wedge 9.5/10

  4. #64
    Junior Camper
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    61


    Quote Originally Posted by Rango View Post
    But at the end he did realize he took his petty ways a bit TOO far and helped Ned get back, albeit in a 'bad' sitcommy way.

    When Flanders Failed is one of my least favorite preScully episodes.
    I agree with that wholeheartedly, Rango.

  5. #65
    still here qwertyuio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Eurasia
    Posts
    2,332
    Blog Entries
    1


    You guys realize that you are calling It's A Wonderful Life "a bad sitcom", don't you? I am not going to get angry and overreact about it, but I'm sure most people would .

  6. #66
    Card Wars super Amadeus zartok-35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Saskatchetoon
    Posts
    2,141
    Blog Entries
    19


    Quote Originally Posted by Rango View Post
    Episodes like "Miracle" are more just for a laughs and are truly forgettable.
    I've never been able to forget Bart "melting" the Christmas tree, and I always relate to his christmas morning anxieties. It's better than you're letting on.


    Seasons 1-9 - Classic era
    10-12 - Scully era
    13-16 - Silver age
    16.5-17 - The shit abyss
    18-24 - Zombie Simpsons

  7. #67
    still here qwertyuio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Eurasia
    Posts
    2,332
    Blog Entries
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by zartok-35 View Post
    I've never been able to forget Bart "melting" the Christmas tree, and I always relate to his christmas morning anxieties. It's better than you're letting on.
    Oh, and this. The feeling of Bart is very relatable, and his previous dream is definitely one of the most haunting sequences that I have seen in the classic era (considering season 9 as a part of it for the sake of this comment); this episode does have emotional heights, even its cynical and sort of uncomfortable ending can be seen as that.

  8. #68
    Quoth the raven, "Nevermore" Scarevine's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    11,711
    Blog Entries
    5


    Season 9 was a great season. It had some of the best episodes of the series. Unfortunately, this season is also where the show started to take a turn for the worse. The holdovers from 7 and 8 (including TPATP in my opinion) are just as good as anything we have seen before, but the 5Fs are a mixture of good and bad. However, I would put it miles ahead of what it succeeds.

    Good episodes include:

    The Cartridge Family
    Treehouse of Horror VIII
    Lisa the Skeptic
    Miracle on Evergreen Terrace
    The Joy of Sect
    This Little Wiggy
    Girly Edition
    Lost our Lisa
    Natural Born Kissers

    Weaker episodes:

    Bart Star
    The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons
    Realty Bites
    All Singing, All Dancing
    Bart Carny
    Das Bus
    The Last Temptation of Krust
    Dumbbell Indemnity
    The Trouble With Trillions
    Trash of the Titans
    King of the Hill

  9. #69
    Wants three money Bankrupt Panther's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Olathe, KS/Washington, MO
    Posts
    18,017
    Blog Entries
    3


    I love King of the Hill. I think it's vastly underrated.
    The original Favorite and least favorite by season
    Shorts: 1: The Pacifier Watching TV 2: World War III Maggie's Brain 3: Bathtime Scary Movie
    Episodes: 1: Krusty Gets Busted There's No Disgrace Like Home 2: Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3: Homer at the Bat Separate Vocations 4: Marge vs. the Monorail Krusty Gets Kancelled 5: Cape Feare Lady Bouvier's Lover 6: Homer Badman Lisa on Ice 7: King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8: Homer's Enemy Homer's Phobia 9: Bart Carny The Trouble with Trillions 10: Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: "Kidney Trouble" 11: Guess Who's Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12: HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13: Tales from the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15: The Ziff Who Came to Dinner Bart-Mangled Banner 16: A Star Is Torn She Used to Be My Girl 17: My Fair Laddy The Italian Bob 18: The Haw-Hawed Couple The Boys of Bummer 19: Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20: Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21: The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22: Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23: The Falcon and the D'ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24: Hardly Kirk-ing What Animated Women Want 25: The War of Art What to Expect When Bart's Expecting

    Voted "Best Taste" in NHC awards. Therefore, I'm right, you're wrong.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •