Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Let the characters age. Maybe that would liven things up a bit.

formerly shutupa yo face moneychair2003's Avatar

Add "lots of funny hats" and characters who show they're evil through their eyes, like this.

Check out my NFL blog. I write articles about every upcoming match, my predictions for those matches, what games are worth watching, and about everything else happening in the NFL. http://backbayfuturesportsmanagers.com/

http://www.reddit.com/user/ac519/

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

On second thought, I'd change the audience cuz the writers think this is the kind of show the vast majority of the audience wants.

No joke/gag shall be allowed that:

is an awful pun
    is meant to be humourous only because of how lazy it is
    isn't really a joke at all and is just thrust in to pad time
    will only be successful based on pitch-perfect animation and voice acting

Moreover, any person/product/cultural entity from contemporary society shall only be mentioned with satirical bite. Pandering shall lead to immediate dismissal.
    To view various lists about my Simpsons opinions, click the link below.

http://www.nohomers.net/usernote.php...ewuser&u=27253

Junior Camper

Quote Originally Posted by hobbes2x4 View Post
    Bring back Swartzwelder.
    what'd he do?

Junior Camper

Quote Originally Posted by The Spruce Moose View Post
    get back to fully rounded funny characterisation, particularly Homer. Kills tow birds with one stone by bringing back likeability for the characters and if they keep up these characteristics removing the crappier Jerkass Homer/Fundie Flanders/Weepy Moe/Needy Burns etc. jokes
    sorry, but what does fundie mean?

-Homer, Season 22, Episode 3 The Simpsons™' Facebook Page's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yeahmkay View Post
    sorry, but what does fundie mean?
    I think it refers to Christian Fundamentalist Flanders

Junior Camper

Quote Originally Posted by MathIsland View Post
    I think it refers to Christian Fundamentalist Flanders
    ahh, that makes sense! Thank you!

Junior Camper

Do you all think that the actual quality of the animation has anything to do with the likability of the Simpsons? I don't know, I thought they were funnier when the animation was worse. Not the super bad stuff from season 1, but just how they looked for the majority of the classic era. Their eyes used to be bigger, which made a lot of their facial expressions funnier. Remember when they used to hear something that would be interesting to them and their eyes would actually grow bigger for a split second? They don't do that anymore. I don't know if I like them in HD as much. I realize that the HD episodes also coincide with a lot of the worse plot lines, so maybe that association is why I don't like them in HD as much, but I also feel as if the realistic-ness that HD brings to the Simpsons limits their crazy, funny expressions (i.e. huge eyes and squiggling tongues when screaming.)

11. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Semaj

Blog Entries

make it an anime

13. Thumbs Up To This Post by: zartok-35

Junior Camper

Quote Originally Posted by al and mike View Post
    One thing I like about watching the classic era, is the "low-tech" scenes (Lisa using a typewriter or listening to a vinyl record). It made them feel behind the times, which they should be with their income.
    A lot of people do have Ipods and Ipads, but it just isn't as interesting to watch for some reason.
    I agree with that! That was one of the things that made the show more amusing, a specific example is "Lisa Gets An A" where Principal Skinner is convincing Lisa to lie so the school can keep their "computer lab" which is ONE 1983 Coleco Adam!

One of my criticisms is the animation is too stale. If I was directing the show, it would look more like the Tracy Ullman shorts, I missed how they wobbled.

Junior Camper

Quote Originally Posted by cymek View Post
    Let the characters age. Maybe that would liven things up a bit.
    Yeah they used to have birthdays in the first few seasons. What happened to that?

Blog Entries

Change the visual and story style to German expressionism.

-Homer, Season 22, Episode 3 The Simpsons™' Facebook Page's Avatar

I'd stop having the guest stars being able to fly for no apparent reasons. It has never been funny from the beginning (with Lucy Lawless in THOH X) and it just shows no thoughts behind the established flexible reality of the show.

Same Avatar, Different Shit Zombies Rise from the Sea's Avatar

Do you all think that the actual quality of the animation has anything to do with the likability of the Simpsons? I don't know, I thought they were funnier when the animation was worse.
    I wouldn't say that it was worse but the hand-drawn animation is better then the HD crap that the show has on right now, even if it wasn't The Simpsons; hand drawn animation would be better simply because of the life it brings to a series.
    My Simpsons Season 25 Ratings/Reviews:
    Homerland (3.5/10) Treehouse of Horror XXIV (5.0/10) Four Regrettings and a Funeral (4.0/10) YOLO (4.5/10) Labor Pains (5.0/10) The Kid is All Right (3.0/10) Yellow Subterfuge (5.5/10) White Christmas Blues (1.5/10) Steal This Episode (7.0/10) Married to the Blob (5.5/10) Specs and the City (4.5/10)

One thing: I would age the Simpsons 4-5 years. Bart and Lisa in middle school.
    The bee bit my bottom now my bottoms big

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zombies Rise from the Sea View Post
    I wouldn't say that it was worse but the hand-drawn animation is better then the HD crap that the show has on right now, even if it wasn't The Simpsons; hand drawn animation would be better simply because of the life it brings to a series.
    The animation does look very robotic,I could be wrong but Im pretty sure the characters are still mostly being drawn by hand.Probably just on a wacom tablet instead of paper,although objects like cars and backgrounds are sometimes cg.The animators would have just been further reined in in what they are allowed to do.Unless someone has a link to show otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by hobbes2x4 View Post
    Bring back Swartzwelder.
    what'd he do?
    T'was a writer he was, an' a fine one at that.

Quote Originally Posted by moneychair2003 View Post
    Add "lots of funny hats" and characters who show they're evil through their eyes, like this.

I like that Jerkass Homer likes this, it's like he's the real Homer (Jerkass, that is)...
    I have gone

Funnier humor. I disagree with anyone who insults the level of writing /scripts nowadays because I still feel the writing is intelligent usually but I dont laugh as much anymore.

Nintendo Dance Party! ManiacalRoboKiller's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Bring back old characters that just disappeared! Herman? Marvin Monroe (yes Ik he strains Harry Shearers voice but he gets paid a lot each episode, even with the paycut and he only has to go into work once a week? STFU with your complaining you don't have it THAT bad)? Bumblebee Man? Princess Kasmier? Sanjay?

R.I.P. Marcia "Edna" Wallace! Edgar Allan Moz's Avatar

Definitely going back to the witty and clever jokes. The jokes are way too obvious these days!

more HARDCORE NUDITY

Blog Entries

people should win things by watching

Opportunity in the community Irvine's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'd change its existence.
    My Simpsons Season Rankings:
    6 > 7 > 3 > 5 > 8 > 4 > 2 > 1 > 9 > 15 > 13 > 14 > 10 > 16 > 12 > 11 > 22 > 21 > 25 > 17 > 24 > 18 > 20 > 19 > 23

This space is blank because I have nothing to review until September. Have a nice summer!

Bring back Oakley & Weinstein and give them almost complete control.

Junior Camper

Al Jean: Just tell me what's wrong with the freakin' show!

I would go back and watch some of the old episodes and do some of the things they did there. There was more emotion, quality jokes, and episodes that really were nice. Now it's almost like they just put the first thing that popped into their head in the show. I know the show is getting old and it's hard to think of good ideas anymore but seriously, consistently start making quality shows and maybe Al Jean can get his wish of 50 seasons... Oh and I could care less about how many guest stars are on the show because that obviously isn't making the show any better.

And if they need a place to start, couch gags that actually are in the Simpsons living room would be nice.

Thread Information