Thread: FOX's 25th anniversary special animated segments

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

FOX's 25th anniversary special animated segments

I don't know if any of you seen FOX's 25th anniversary special on Sunday, but there were a few original animated segments throughout.

The show opened with characters from Seth's shows all seated at the show, where we were treated to Stewie and Brian talking about who the hell is even watching and Brian Dunkleman's poor choice of leaving American Idol, Stan mistaking Frankie Muniz for Brad Garret and being corrected by Cleveland and Peter mistaking The PJs for Cleveland''s family.

Later we see The Simpsons at the event with Bart complaining that they've been given the worst table despite being on FOX for so many years as Homer trips a waiter and then Zooey Deschanel from "New Girl" to get free food before shifting the blame to Rupert Murdoch.

Finally we get a very short bit from The Belcher's (Bob's Burgers) where Gene tells the family that there's a bidet in the hallway outside the bathroom which Tina informs him is a drinking fountain...Gene refuses to believe her as Louise laughs and declares "That is SO FOX!"

As for the "Animation Domination" segment, I was pretty disappointed that there was absolutely NO MENTION of Futurama, despite a fact that a Futurama clip was shown in the promos for the special.

Did you watch the special? If so what did you think of the animated portions?

EDIT: I've included the Seth and Simpsons bits but can't find the Bob's Burgers bit on Youtube, sorry...
    Last edited by Shaunbadia; 04-24-2012 at 02:58 PM.
    Such majestic movement.

Banned
    Blog Entries

sucked

/thread

Blog Entries

I think the simpsons clip was slightly better at "showing things"

Food-Crazed Maniac Oh, that's raspberry!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hank and Peggy look pretty horrendous at the very beginning of that clip. Kinda like that they were even there though, and not mixed in with Seth's ilk.

Blog Entries

The way Hank is drawn in that clip reminds me of how they drew him on The Cleveland Show...and it disturbs me.

Banned
    inside of your skeleton, slowly feeding away at your insides,
    Blog Entries

When was he on The Cleveland Show??

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lolcats View Post
    When was he on The Cleveland Show??
    He appears in the episode "Das Shrimp boot". Mike Judge even did his voice for it. He's in a rehab clinic along with Cleveland and his friends and mentions the reason he's in there is because he huffs propane.

Jerkass Homer and a random celebrity.
    I don't see why they need those extra twenty minutes.

Blog Entries

how was zooey's appearance random?

Banned
    Blog Entries

Naw, Hank was looking stiff but better drawn in that clip of TCS I just watched.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Homer View Post
    how was zooey's appearance random?
    How's she relevant to a 25 years of Fox ceremony? Because she's a celebrity? Why pick her?
    That does seem to qualify as a random selection.

Food-Crazed Maniac Oh, that's raspberry!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

She has a show on Fox...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Krikt View Post
    How's she relevant to a 25 years of Fox ceremony? Because she's a celebrity? Why pick her?
    That does seem to qualify as a random selection.
    they're at a fox gala filled with celebrities who have been on fox shows, she is a celebrity who is on a fox show, a fact they mention in the clip

I'm not disputing that she has some relevance; that may be a poor choice of words on my part. My issue is that they included her because they felt the need to feature a celebrity to help fill up 1:27; she could have been replaced by anyone related to Fox, which is a rather large pool from which to choose. There was no particular reason to include her over anyone and the clip and she had no personality.
    And yes, I realise they mentioned it, due to Lisa's trite celebrity introduction. Maybe they should avoid such inclusions with canned introductions if they only exist to get tripped up and threaten Rupert Murdoch offscreen. They just want to see cool by association.

Blog Entries

Well heres the FULL Bobs Burgers segement which fox cut down to 10 seconds on air which pisses me off. Its a shame too cause its definitly the funniest of the 3, the simpsons one was pretty bad and the Seth Macfarlene one had about 3 funny things.
    This one had me laughing my ass off.
    Last edited by Insomnia; 04-29-2012 at 09:59 AM.
    Paul Giamatti's plumber knows me by name
    .............My Twitter

Blog Entries

bob's burgers wins hands down

I like how this one's actually a representation of the characters and feel of the show.
    Animation quality is noticeably good as well at points.

Blog Entries

Bob's Burgers was by far the best of the three....so why did FOX have to cut most of it? Hell, it might have got non-fans of the show interested in it.

Thread Information