Thread: Long & Short

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

DICK MOVE! Comicshow MolemanBob's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Long & Short

Are there any episodes you watch that seem so short to you and are obviously extremely thin plot wise (eg. they add unrelated jokes/Sidetrack with a different character, replay footage and add useless scenes)?

And on the other hand, is there any episode you feel had such an ambitious plot/So many jokes that the episode feels rushed because of this (eg. maybe important plot points are cut, pans are sped up, characters seem to talk faster and maybe the ending isn't right say the characters don't all make it home/Are still left at risk as the episode ends)?

Food-Crazed Maniac Oh, that's raspberry!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Homerazzi is ridiculously short, 18 minutes or so excluding the opening/credits I believe.

Blog Entries

I think throughout the shows run they've added subplots or extended certain scenes to fill the time slot. I'm sure it's no less prevalent these days despite the fact they have less airtime in each episode. The Front from Season 4 though had to use a subplot, plenty of drawn out scenes, the longest couch gag used at the time, and even the legendary 'Everyone loves Ned Flanders' short to fill the time slot. I think the script was written by a freelance writer and came in short, and the writing staff were seriously overstretched towards the end of Season 4 and so struggled to bring it up to time. This problem is prevalent to a lesser degree in some episodes in Season 3 as well, and possibly Season 8 as I believe they were overloaded due to still working on Season 7. The Twisted World of Marge Simpson for example feels like it was rushed in the writing process.

As for an episode that couldn't pack enough in... 22 Short Films About Springfield? Weren't a couple of minutes cut from that? I would've also liked to see more of Lemon of Troy, although the episode itself was immaculate.
    Last edited by Company Picnic; 04-16-2012 at 03:47 AM.

The main plot of The D'oh-cial Network only lasts 16 minutes
    you are going to kill me because I am not sure how write in english
    The Simpsons - Season 26: Clown in the Dumps: C- | The Wreck of the Relationship: A- | Super Franchise Me: B | Treehouse of Horror XXV: A- | Opposites A-Frack: A- | Simpsorama: B+
    Family guy - Season 13: The Simpsons Guy: C- | The Book of Joe: B | Baking Bad: C | Brian the Closer: C+
    American dad - Season 10: Roger Passes the Bar: B- | A Boy Named Michael: B | Blagsnarst, A Love Story: B |Blonde Ambition: B- | CIAPOW: B | Scents and Sensei-bility: B+ | Big Stan on Campus: C
    Bob's burgers - Season 4: Work Hard or Die Trying, Girl: B+ | Tina and the Real Ghost: B-

Pin Pal MagicalManFromHappyLand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MDB View Post
    The main plot of The D'oh-cial Network only lasts 16 minutes
    I think it's less than that.

Ringo Next HANDSOME.S4.E6.XMAS.GUYS.XviD's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The newest episode is pretty short because of the like, 2 minute long couch gag.

couch gags in general have gotten so much longer and they have less airtime then they did before, most of the new episodes feel rushed, even then they still need to use filler

paranormal investigator merry frizmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The episode with the dome seemed to go on for a bit longer than usual. What is that one, like, 23 minutes?
    Quote Originally Posted by dman360 View Post
    Whats you're favorite episode to watch for a certain time of the day, it can be in the morning, it can possibly be in the afternoon or it could be during the night.
    twitter - facebook - buy my god damn comedy album - buy my second god damn comedy album

Thread Information