View Poll Results: How do you rate "Beware My Cheating Bart"? (PABF11)

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5: Pimp

12 14.12%
  • 4/5: Stud

30 35.29%
  • 3/5: Playah

21 24.71%
  • 2/5: John McCain

11 12.94%
  • 1/5: Homer

11 12.94%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rate and Review: "Beware My Cheating Bart" (PABF11)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zombies Rise from the Sea View Post
    I'm not insisting that they do; I just want them to take the time to make something that truly lampoons something. Again, the show has a lot of stuff that's ripe for the mocking and I'm just irked they decided to take the easy way out.
    I have only seen bits and pieces of Lost and I think the only way they could make fun of that show would be a clip of the "DVD behind the scenes" of the writing 'staff' which is actually a group of schizophrenics with multiple personalities hallucinating about their Hawaian vacation and people writing down their "experiences" in screenplay format.

Card Wars super Amadeus zartok-35's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't want to have my intelligence insulted, I want to laugh as they deconstruct and mock the elements that made Lost, I want to laugh at their mocking of relationships, the literary references, the supposed deepness of the show; not at the really simple and common mocking of the mysteries and mysterious things and complexity. The show has a lot of stuff that's ripe for the mocking and I'm just irked they decided to take the easy way out.
    I see what you mean; Thoes clips were a bit too superficial and lazy.

I'm not intending for them to mindlessly pander to it. Just because I like Lost does not mean I want them to praise it like it was sliced bread; I'm just stating that they should do the research and not insult the intelligence of one who has watched the show.
    Okay, thats good. But in this day and age, I don't know if it's realistic to expext anything else from the show that would surpass what we have here.

Seasons 1-9 - Classic era
    10-12 - Scully era
    13-16 - Silver age
    16.5-17 - The shit abyss
    18-24 - Zombie Simpsons

i enjoyed it. the bart plot was pretty fresh and fun compared to other bart relationship episodes of the jean era. it kept my interest and was a bit edgy. i was actually shocked when jimbo's girlfriend flashed him, and not in a bad way. i've never watched lost before but ive heard enough about the show that i got the reference. it may be one of these: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph.../ShallowParody it's no new kid on the block, but it was a fun episode and i felt bart was completely in character. B, 4/5

also, am i the only one who finds jimbo having a skullet (bald on top, long hair in back) to be stupid? it was ok for a throwaway gag in the great simpsina but bart of darkness, and papa's got a brand new badge showed him having a full head of hair.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ModernSimpsonsRocks View Post
    DEAR GOD STOP IT! There is no such thing as Zombie Simpsons!!!
    Stop being a humorless ****.
    Why aren't you banned yet? You're obviously a troll and say nothing but that, so you're technically spamming the forum. I haven't seen one post where you have not even talked about people calling it Zombie Simpsons.

Junior Camper

Too many pedophile vibes in this episode. And why are the bullies like twice the height of Lisa and Bart?
    Last edited by IceToSeeYou; 04-17-2012 at 12:03 PM.

the Frying Dutchman AttackOfTheKillerTomatty's Avatar

Anyway, loved the couch gag, but haven't bothered to watch the rest yet

I agree with Zombies, even without being a fan of the show, Lost. The only thing it's lampooning (and unintentionally at that) is the belief that it's some show where wacky things happen just because.
    Had it been less specific about the show and had parodied the format instead, it would have felt a lot less dated and thoughtful. It would have required a lot more effort, though.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Homer I Am View Post
    Why aren't you banned yet? You're obviously a troll and say nothing but that, so you're technically spamming the forum. I haven't seen one post where you have not even talked about people calling it Zombie Simpsons.
    Why aren't you both banned yet?

OK, this one was... surprisingly good. I'm a fan of the classic Simpsons and this is the first episode of the last few seasons I watch, and I liked it. The characters were recognizable, and both plots were funny. It was handled well. Perhaps I'm being generous because of my low expectations, but I give this one an A-

...from Ullman to the grave! Tubbb!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kayla View Post
    also, am i the only one who finds jimbo having a skullet (bald on top, long hair in back) to be stupid? it was ok for a throwaway gag in the great simpsina but bart of darkness, and papa's got a brand new badge showed him having a full head of hair.
    It always bugs me when they just throw continuity to the wayside, but this one can be easily explained:
    Jimbo sometimes wears a toupée. He got it from the same place that Apu and Skinner got theirs.
    (Before anybody says anything... Skinner was initially supposed to be wearing a toupée.)

Honestly... yeah, it bugs the ever-loving PISS out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by MuchAdoAboutNothing View Post
    BANS FOR SOME, MINIATURE AMERICAN FLAGS FOR OTHERS!
    Last edited by Tubbb!; 04-17-2012 at 06:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedwaySquad View Post
    You liked this episode, I didn't. There's no need to get so worked up about it.
    "In Rand McNally, they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people!"
    "Oh, I've wasted my life."

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MuchAdoAboutNothing View Post
    I haven't done anything wrong.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tubb! View Post
    BANS FOR SOME, MINIATURE AMERICAN FLAGS FOR OTHERS!
    I read that in Kang's voice. Funniest thing I've read all day, thank you.
    Fun Fact: I hate heights

Quote Originally Posted by AlexandreLeblanc View Post
    First, I must say I was really pleased by this episode. It was really much better than what I expected. I would have thought that the story of Homer would have very little space as several stories in the B season 23. But no, it is almost as long as the A story. The B story is a superb parody of my favorite non-animated series, Lost. Moreover, what I liked about this episode is the atmosphere, I haven't got bored at any time and I really enjoyed seeing this episode. I do not know if it's because it's been a long time that there was no new episode and I had not seen one for a while, but I really liked it. The A story is almost as good as the B story. Some say before the episode that Bart was a bit young to watch a woman's boobs at 10 years and this is realistic because in the episode, we see that it was terrified and even at family dinner when he sees that everything looks like boobs, he says: I am only 10 years. Otherwise, the were a lots of gags in this episode, I just saw the episode, but I do not remember all. Homer really made me laugh with the chair on the conveyor belt, but the best gag is when Chief Wiggum asks her son to go after Bart with his car. Finally, I loved it and I decided to give an excellent 4/5.
    Finally I decide to give a 3,75/5 after I saw it a second time because the beginning of the episode is not very good but the rest is.
    My Simpsons Season 26 Ratings/Reviews:
    Clown in the Dumps : 1/5 / The Wreck of the Relationship : 3,5/5 / Super Franchise Me : 3/5 / Simpson Horror Show XXV : 2,75/5

Blog Entries

So they have made Jimbo bald now? That is so lame,isn't he meant to be about 15? it's like when they altered Bart to being a redhead on one of the modern episodes,although I think it was just for a one off "gag".
    Last edited by Matlock; 04-18-2012 at 11:57 PM.

On the subject of the age diffrence between Shawna and Bart, personally im not so much bothered by the idea of Bart being into a teenage girl as the idea that a teenage girl would be into Bart. Seriosuly, Shawna is supposed to be like 16 or so, and she's making out with a 10 year old? There is a word for people like her; it starts with a "p" and ends with a "edophile". Im being serious here, that's what that character is, there is no way around it. And yet the whole Simpsons-universe as well as it's makers just seem to be blind to it. And it just bugs the hell out of me.

And if you feel that i an exagerating, just do this thought-experiment; what if the episode had featured a 16 year old guy making out with a 10 year old girl? Or for that matter, a 14 year old guy making out with 8 year old Lisa (they would have same age difference as Shawna and Bart).

lust 4 quagland HANDSOME.S4.COMPLETE.XviD's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I thought Shawna was 14...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Moe
    The only thing you've managed to do is piss us off. You are a fucking prick, and it's people like you that are bringing this damn country down.

I'm not your friend-o Cartoonnetwork's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I kinda agree with Kangdos, even if she's 14. It doesn't feel very natural. It doesn't have to be pedophilia, I think, if it is at least somewhat developed. I mean, a 30 year old guy with a 10 year old girl, that's a problem, but a 30 year old with a 18 year old girl becomes a little more acceptable if they are actually in love with each other. I think movies like Juno or Ghost World at least did a decent job portraying how people of different ages could be attracted to each other. The problem with this episode is that it's too shallow about it. Shawna makes out with Bart as easily as if she were just another girlfriend of his age. The infamous "Rome-old and Juli-eh" had the same problem. It was a bad idea to begin with, but they could have tried to make it a little more believable. Disturbing as it was, "Worst Episode Ever" kinda made more sense since Comic Book Guy has obvious problems to get a girl of his age and at least Agnes and him share a similar attitude towards other people. Even a movie like "Happiness" that shows an obvious case of pedophilia tries to understand the view of the pedophile without portraying him as an evil guy.

I also agree about the gag involving Jimbo's bald head. It could be funny...in a flash foward or futuristic episode, but he's just too young. You lose your hair at 30, not 14. I already found the long running gag of Kearney having a kid a little weird/disturbing, I guess the joke is that they are such bad students that have spent more years than we'd think in school or something but I wouldn't abuse of this kind of thing.
    Last edited by Cartoonnetwork; 04-19-2012 at 03:31 AM.
    My Simpsons homage!

http://elblogderg.blogspot.com

Saw this one a couple of days ago and I enjoyed it. The main plot was good and I liked that they with Shauna used an existing character voiced by a regular instead of bringing in a new character voiced by a guest star; they've done those things so much by now. The subplot about Homer and his addiction to the Lost parody was nice too albeit not as good; I haven't watched Lost but I still liked the parody they made of it. That part towards the end where Homer used the bullhorn to bleep the spoiler talk did feel a bit jerkassy, though. As for the humor, there were some fun moments such as the kitten stuff, Chief Wiggum letting Ralph drive his patrol car and Bart going into a bluescreen mode after being flashed and seeing boobs everywhere at dinner.

In addition, I think a shot of the dismantled treadmill would have been nice seeing as the treadmill disappeared towards the end of the subplot. They did have at least one shot of the empty box by the garbage so another one with the treadmill, shoddily dismantled and and shoved into the box, would have been great as a visual explanation. Another thing is that since she first appeared, I have to say that Shauna feels like a reskinned version of Laura Powers; they've pretty much just shortened the hair and made it darker, added freckles, new clothing and a new voice.

Overall, a pretty good episode with a solid couch gag (which was perhaps a bit too long). I don't watch much new Simpsons episodes nowadays and I hear that there's a lot of disappointment regardin this season, but I liked this one.

4/5
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 08-05-2014 at 12:42 AM. Reason: added rating

Quote Originally Posted by Kangdos View Post
    And if you feel that i an exagerating, just do this thought-experiment; what if the episode had featured a 16 year old guy making out with a 10 year old girl? Or for that matter, a 14 year old guy making out with 8 year old Lisa (they would have same age difference as Shawna and Bart).
    That's an absolutely excellent point. I don't think people would have been happy with that sort of plot at all.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kangdos View Post
    On the subject of the age diffrence between Shawna and Bart, personally im not so much bothered by the idea of Bart being into a teenage girl as the idea that a teenage girl would be into Bart. Seriosuly, Shawna is supposed to be like 16 or so, and she's making out with a 10 year old?
    This sort of topic was brought up on the radio a few years back when someone asked Kim Kardashian what she thought about Justin Bieber when he was 15, or so. Kim said Justin was cute and no one thought anything of it and another DJ said could you imagine if a 30yr old guy said a 15yr girl was 'cute'?

Anyway, a debate ensued and what the DJs came to the agreement of if an older girl says something flattering to/about a younger guy, society feels that there's no 'bad intent', but if a guy said it to a younger girl, he's looking for sex.

Well, ya'know if you stay positive and forget about trivial things like "proper characterization," "Satire," and "emotional depth" watching new Simpsons episodes can be a seemingly enjoyable lie.

"One of the keys to life is having a sense of proportion, knowing how long to sit at a restaurant after you've eaten, or how long you should go on vacation — if you go to Hawaii for a month on vacation, I guarantee you that by the end you'll hate it. So it's the same with a TV show, you want to do a certain amount of it, so that when people look back on it and they love it. I could have easily done the show for one or two or three more years, but it would have changed the way people look back at it. I think I made the right decision. Because people like the show now even more than they did in the 1990s, because it didn't get worn out." -- Jerry Seinfeld

I wish Swartzwelder came back

Blog Entries

^Are we seriously still bringing up that post?

It's a troll, folks. Get over it.
    Favourite/least favourite by seasons that I own (somewhat stolen from Financial Panther):

3 - Dog of Death/When Flanders Failed 4 - Lisa's First Word/So it's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5 - Secrets of a Successful Marriage/Bart's Inner Child 6 - And Maggie Makes Three/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7 - Marge Be Not Proud/Bart the Fink 8 - Homer's Phobia/The Simpsons Spin-Off Showcase 9 - King of the Hill/Trash of the Titans 10 - Wild Barts Can't Be Broken/Maximum Homerdrive

Quote Originally Posted by Riviera View Post
    ^Are we seriously still bringing up that post?

It's a troll, folks. Get over it.
    I just wanted to use that Picture

The Things I Do For Love Wail-Id's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i can't wait to see another defense of "no zombie simpsons" next episode

and the episode after that

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by joe miller View Post

His mom thinks he's cool, though.

Quote Originally Posted by ThankYouComeAgain View Post
    I wish Swartzwelder came back
    we need hobos now more than ever.
    Ahh, the ballet...

...from Ullman to the grave! Tubbb!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lollygagger View Post
    we need hobos now more than ever.
    ...and pennants. Don't forget the pennants.
    Last edited by Tubbb!; 04-20-2012 at 07:16 PM. Reason: I think it's obvious... GO SCHOOL!

Blog Entries

Darn Hobosexuals...

Quote Originally Posted by joe miller View Post

I'll have my "Internet Serious Business" Pic read for him

Thread Information