View Poll Results: How do you rate "Beware My Cheating Bart"? (PABF11)

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5: Pimp

12 14.81%
  • 4/5: Stud

29 35.80%
  • 3/5: Playah

20 24.69%
  • 2/5: John McCain

10 12.35%
  • 1/5: Homer

10 12.35%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rate and Review: "Beware My Cheating Bart" (PABF11)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Rate and Review: "Beware My Cheating Bart" (PABF11)

Jimbo has Bart take his girlfriend to a movie, and the girl falls for Bart; Homer gets a treadmill with a TV that has wireless connectivity, and decides to work out - that is, work out a way to watch a particular show without actually going through the bother of exercising

Banned
    Blog Entries

Couch gag = great.

I could see through Bart's head before he saw boobs...

Anyway, I see Bart's getting down with dis hoe.

Will 10 yr old Bart get laid?

Find out, lol.

_

"Fellas, fellas gimme your weapons...

now it's time to talk about what Carl wants!"

That was f'n funny!

-

Fry and Leela space cameo, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by The Angry Animated Comedy Nerd; 04-15-2012 at 05:34 PM.

Pin Pal MagicalManFromHappyLand's Avatar

I'm guessing this episode will probably be one of the more viewed of season 23, because they've been saying this is the episode they'll "reveal" the location of Springfield.
    I've got pretty low expectations of this episode, mostly because we've seen the Bart-Girlfriend plot tons of times already and unless that preview is purposely taken out of context, this will be a very disturbing episode.

chinese martian physicist HRH Sir Prince Charles's Avatar

oh my god

this is awful

but that couch gag

OH MY GOD A REAL BLACK GUY

Couch gag = good animation. chalkboard = typical Al Jean hates No Homers joke. good to see that the happy little elves were remembered.

The ending was messed up. The B story made no sense. The A story was just a remake of the "New Kid on the Block" episode.

Overall. Horrible. 2/5, C-. I would've given it a 1 but the couch gag was awesome.
    Last edited by FranklinGeorge; 04-15-2012 at 04:38 PM.

they are doing a lost parody

it is 2012

Banned
    inside of your skeleton, slowly feeding away at your insides,
    Blog Entries

I missed a lot of it...

Is that good?

Blog Entries

It's 8:00 on a Sunday night. It's Zombie Simpsons time... for this first time in weeks.

Anyway, I thought this was a rather average episode - it wasn't spectacular, it wasn't terrible. Let's get the elephant in the room out of the way first - Bart's 10 and Shauna's like... 14? 15? I was rather disturbed by that, especially during the part where she flashed him (though Bart's line and the food gags were funny). Jokes I liked included Bart spraying perfume in his mouth, "your older sister's right," and the Lost parody. Jokes I hated: spoiler alert with the air horn.

Nothing gained, nothing lost. Above average Zombie Simpsons. C
    My Simpsons Season Rankings:
    6 > 7 > 3 > 5 > 8 > 4 > 2 > 1 > 9 > 15 > 13 > 14 > 10 > 16 > 12 > 11 > 22 > 21 > 25 > 17 > 24 > 18 > 20 > 19 > 23

This space is blank because I have nothing to review until September. Have a nice summer!

Quote Originally Posted by Frightened Inmate No. 2 View Post
    what girl could resist a guy who wakes up his mother to ask her if she has a crush on hitler

What was the chalkboard gag? I missed it.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Overall, it was one of the best episodes this season, I know that's not much... but I laughed a bunch.

4/5.

I will do a review in a few minutes but I can say that I will give 4/5 to this episode. One of the best of the season so far.
    My Simpsons Season 24 Ratings/Reviews:
    Moonshine River (2,25/5) / Treehouse Of Horror XXIII (3,5/5) / Adventures in Baby-Getting (3,25/5) / Gone Abie Gone (3,5/5) / Penny Wise-Guys (3/5) / A Tree Grows in Springfield (1,75/5) / The Day The Earth Stood Cool (3,75/5) / To Cur with Love (4/5) / Homer Goes to Prep School (3/5) / A Test Before Trying (3,5/5) / The Changing of the Guardian (1,25/5) / Love is a Many-Splintered Thing (2,75/5) / Hardly Kirk-ing (3,25/5) / Gorgeous Grampa (2,25/5) / Black-Eyed, Please (3,75/5) / Dark Knight Court (3/5) / Pulpit Friction (3,25/5)

Futurama - Season 7 :
    The Bots and the Bees : 3,75/5 / A Farewell to Arms : 4/5 / Decision 3012 : 3,5/5 / The Thief of Baghead : 3,25/5 / Zapp Dingbat : 2/5 / The Butterjunk Effect : 2,5/5 / The Six Million Dollar Mon : 4/5 / Fun On A Bun : 3,75/5 / Free Will Hunting : 2,25/5 / Near-Death Wish : 3,75/5 / 31st Century Fox : 3,5/5 / Viva Mars Vegas : 4/5 / Naturama : 2,5/5

Junior Camper

Surprisingly good episode. characterizations actually weren't bad. what was the chalkboard gag? i missed it.

Food-Crazed Maniac Oh, that's raspberry!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Great episode, Top 3 of the season material. Bart's story was very good but I probably enjoyed Homer's more. I don't care how old Lost is those gags were great and Carl had the best line of the night, my favorite act break of the season. Most importantly I think was I really enjoyed how the episode moved, I wasn't thinking about it dragging or going too fast, the story just seemed to take its own time and it really worked for me. Let's see, Baby Homer and "Ralphie's turn" were also very funny as was Skinner waiting outside his own office. I didn't miss Lisa at all and when they finally brought her in I was like, "oh yeah, she hasn't been in this one has she?" Kinda surprised Nelson didn't become involved in the main plot.

Couch gag was fantastic, 4.5/5 rounded down to a 4 on the poll for perhaps a couple of make-out images I could've done without and the life guard.

EDIT: Also, Thicker Than Waters reference was appreciated.

Food-Crazed Maniac Oh, that's raspberry!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Veganpunk View Post
    What was the chalkboard gag? I missed it.
    "Springfield is in any state but yours.", or something to that affect...

Blog Entries

Good show and I'm actually surprised they had her actually flash Bart instead of playing it off as with a stupid chest tatoo, or something. Homer's subplot was just obnoxiously boring, IMO.

Grade: 3/5, or a C+

EDIT: If you compare Bart's girlfriends, Laura Powers is to the classic era as Shauna is to the modern era.

However the ending where they began to zoom out sucked, cuz this was the punchline where I live:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries

(Due to storms and our local Fox affiliate's affinity for clogging the screen with a bunch of crap whenever a single drop of rain hits the ground, I'll not be doing my usual crap this week. Not much to this episode this week to screen cap anyway.)

Neither story was particularly entertaining, nor did they really give them proper endings, unless you count Homer basically telling Bart "Hey Bart, your mom and I are going to be fucking... so don't come in the house." I guess that's a nice topper for the B-story. As for the A-story, they literally just left it hanging. I guess the "bully v. Bart" cycle goes on. Bart seeing Shauna's boob was the only laugh this episode got from me this week. Maybe a little giggle when the wine bottle, followed by Homer, came off the treadmill.

Meh. 3.5/5, rounded down to a 3 because it wasn't particularly offensive to the senses in any way. Typical "middle of the road" Season 23 episode.

Okay... who did the opening? (The signature got covered up by a large green and yellow blob called a "radar.")

Quote Originally Posted by Le Jake View Post
    However the ending where they began to zoom out sucked, cuz this was the punchline where I live:
    They zoom out, see God and Devil arm wrestling. Fry and Leela on an asteroid. Then, it's revealed that the universe is in a litter box. Cat seen previously in the episode is in the litter box, and says "Purrrrrrrr-plexing." You hear Homer yell "D'Oh!" The end.
    Last edited by Tubbb!; 04-15-2012 at 05:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedwaySquad View Post
    You liked this episode, I didn't. There's no need to get so worked up about it.
    "In Rand McNally, they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people!"
    "Oh, I've wasted my life."

First, I must say I was really pleased by this episode. It was really much better than what I expected. I would have thought that the story of Homer would have very little space as several stories in the B season 23. But no, it is almost as long as the A story. The B story is a superb parody of my favorite non-animated series, Lost. Moreover, what I liked about this episode is the atmosphere, I haven't got bored at any time and I really enjoyed seeing this episode. I do not know if it's because it's been a long time that there was no new episode and I had not seen one for a while, but I really liked it. The A story is almost as good as the B story. Some say before the episode that Bart was a bit young to watch a woman's boobs at 10 years and this is realistic because in the episode, we see that it was terrified and even at family dinner when he sees that everything looks like boobs, he says: I am only 10 years. Otherwise, the were a lots of gags in this episode, I just saw the episode, but I do not remember all. Homer really made me laugh with the chair on the conveyor belt, but the best gag is when Chief Wiggum asks her son to go after Bart with his car. Finally, I loved it and I decided to give an excellent 4/5.

I think he was wondering about the location of Springfield... it looked like it was in Illinois or Missouri

Banned
    Blog Entries

Le Jake, scroll down to be spoiled...

_

Not to much to give away... but... Fry and Leela made a quick space cameo, it was awesome!

Fuck signal loss, happened to me a bunch this season.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brodie View Post
    I think he was wondering about the location of Springfield... it looked like it was in Illinois or Missouri
    Oh, you mean when they zoom-out? I'll have to go back and check that.

(1,000,000,000 different things on my mind this week, and it's hard to get back in the swing of things with this pile of shit called "Season 23." :/ )

Banned
    Blog Entries

This was actually pretty good. 4/5.

5/5

Excellent episode, One good thing about this episode is that they did not have some lousy guest star voicing Shauna and it therefore made the character a lot more believable. Marge being very welcome to the bullies being at the house was nice. The subplot involving Homer and the show Stranded was goofy especially when he was with the other fans and when Marge transformed the bedroom. Bart acting out his trauma at the dinner table was the funniest part.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MuchAdoAboutNothing View Post
    Fuck signal loss.
    I'll second that.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Wow, I thought I'd (maybe) be the only one to like this one.

See... good is good, all you haters who call us 'zombie-fans' whom only bash the show each week. just b/c we give honest opinions... f off.

As Riley might say.. Game, recognize game, son.

Card Wars super Amadeus zartok-35's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That was a pretty good show! There was nothing offensivley bad or cheap in it; figures it was written by a freelancer. Good Mark Kirkland direction, too! The "April come she will" montage was well done. Bill Plympton's couch gag was a nice follow up to John K, but it might have been a bit too disturbing. Homer's subplot was a little unremarkable. The satire on Lost was solid, but they should have played it straight. 3.8 out of 5, rounded up.

Seasons 1-9 - Classic era
    10-12 - Scully era
    13-16 - Silver age
    16.5-17 - The shit abyss
    18-24 - Zombie Simpsons

Who all agrees with me? Season 24 show runner should be Mike Scully.

Quote Originally Posted by Tubb! View Post
    I'll second that.
    Thirded.

The cable box repeatedly resetting and rebooting itself because of the signal loss is even worse. That didn't happen when I watched today's episode, fortunately. ^_^

"Homer: I've always wondered if there was a god. And now I know there is. And it's me."
    - Homer the Great

"Bart: Lis, today I am a god.
    Lisa: Is that why you're sitting on an ice cream sandwich?
    Bart: Eww!"
    - Bart's Inner Child

Banned
    Blog Entries

Well, I called my Pop after the show (as I often do).. and he hated it.. so that means it's good.

Normally I wouldn't even share this... but he always likes the worst one's.. name your least favorite episode.. and I bet he loves it.

He's getting to be about 60.. we're both huge Simpson's fan... so maybe, just maybe he's getting to old for the Simpsons, but up until this year I know he liked every season and still watches the shows re-runs in synd.

Trust me if he hated it... it's great.

That's not to say he doesn't love the classic seasons... and sometimes he to hates some truly awful episodes... he hated "homer and neds retarded mary pass" too.
    Last edited by The Angry Animated Comedy Nerd; 04-15-2012 at 05:37 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FranklinGeorge View Post
    Who all agrees with me? Season 24 show runner should be Mike Scully.
    Oh god, not this again. Choosing between Jean and Scully is like asking which of the following is better: Gonorrhea or Syphilis?

30. Thumbs Up To This Post by: zartok-35

Banned
    Blog Entries

Yeah, he meant to say Matt Selman or J. Stewart Burns... I'm sure.

32. Thumbs Up To This Post by: zartok-35

Thread Information