Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How would you fix an episodes bad ending?

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

ooooooooooooooooooh leprechaun_dan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I liked the ending to Lisa the Iconoclast as well. When you think about it, being in Lisa's shoes, it would be difficult to reveal the truth knowing that it will only hurt the town and they will discriminate you. I like how it's different to other endings as well, considering most of them end the same typical way a typical episode of The Simpsons usually ends. It's a nice change for once.

Anyway, back on topic:

Greatest Story Ever D'ohed: Erase the whole episode and turn it into an episode about Homer experiencing deja vu on his birthday or something
    [SIZE=1] Check out my South Park episode ideas in my user notes (Note: It's the fifth and last note): http://www.nohomers.net/usernote.php...ewuser&u=41294

"I got blisters on me fingers!" ~ Ringo Starr (Helter Skelter)

Led Zeppelin IV > Houses of the Holy > Physical Graffiti > Led Zeppelin II > Led Zeppelin I > Led Zeppelin III > Presence > In Through the Out Door > Coda

Wants three money Bankrupt Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm not a Lisa hater; not at all. I just can't stand her lying like that. This is almost certainly part of my extremely literal personality; It's hard for me to grasp "deeper" things. I'm sorry, but this episode just angers me no end.
    The original Favorite and least favorite by season
    Shorts: 1: The Pacifier Watching TV 2: World War III Maggie's Brain 3: Bathtime Scary Movie
    Episodes: 1: Krusty Gets Busted There's No Disgrace Like Home 2: Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3: Homer at the Bat Separate Vocations 4: Marge vs. the Monorail Krusty Gets Kancelled 5: Cape Feare Lady Bouvier's Lover 6: Homer Badman Lisa on Ice 7: King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8: Homer's Enemy Homer's Phobia 9: Bart Carny The Trouble with Trillions 10: Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: "Kidney Trouble" 11: Guess Who's Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12: HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13: Tales from the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15: The Ziff Who Came to Dinner Bart-Mangled Banner 16: A Star Is Torn She Used to Be My Girl 17: My Fair Laddy The Italian Bob 18: The Haw-Hawed Couple The Boys of Bummer 19: Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20: Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21: The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22: Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23: The Falcon and the D'ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24: Hardly Kirk-ing What Animated Women Want 25: The War of Art What to Expect When Bart's Expecting

Voted "Best Taste" in NHC awards. Therefore, I'm right, you're wrong.

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If you want the truth, remember the town's reaction when Lisa told people how Jeb was a fraud in an individual basis and then take that x 1,000 if she had said what she knew at the parade.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Le Jake View Post
    At the end of Lisa the Iconclast, Lisa reveals the truth and gets shot by the sniper.
    No... only Homer death jokes on here, just, no.

JK, I too am just being sardonic... kill whomever you want in jest or seriousness!
    _

At the end of the newest episode..the one with gaytarded robots.... suddenly Marge has a violent stroke and is immobile and confined to a wheelchair the rest of her miserable, miserable, life.

It doesn't play funny at all... just shocking and sadly twisted.

How's that... is that mean enough?
    Last edited by The Angry Animated Comedy Nerd; 04-13-2012 at 02:53 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CousinMerl View Post
    Missionary: Impossible - Cut the stupid pledge drive cutaway ending and have Homer and Lisa Jr. being saved by Moe, equipped with the giant fan he took in 'The Homer They Fall', who swoops down and saves them in the last second. Homer then thanks him and asks why, whereupon Moe answers with something along the lines of "It seems like I'm destined to do these kind of things".
    FUCKING GENIUS, I WOULD HAVE DIED LAUGHING!

Only Moe would quickly respond: "I'm not lettin' you die, your my 2nd best customer Homa.... and you haven't paid yer tabs yet."

*Fade to black as Moe whisks them away... flying towards a tropical sunset, why not.*

(sorry for the double post)
    Last edited by The Angry Animated Comedy Nerd; 04-13-2012 at 02:53 PM.

I totally agree with you leprechaun_dan for the greatest story ever d'ohed...
    My Simpsons Season 24 Ratings/Reviews:
    Moonshine River (2,25/5) / Treehouse Of Horror XXIII (3,5/5) / Adventures in Baby-Getting (3,25/5) / Gone Abie Gone (3,5/5) / Penny Wise-Guys (3/5) / A Tree Grows in Springfield (1,75/5) / The Day The Earth Stood Cool (3,75/5) / To Cur with Love (4/5) / Homer Goes to Prep School (3/5) / A Test Before Trying (3,5/5) / The Changing of the Guardian (1,25/5) / Love is a Many-Splintered Thing (2,75/5) / Hardly Kirk-ing (3,25/5) / Gorgeous Grampa (2,25/5) / Black-Eyed, Please (3,75/5) / Dark Knight Court (3/5) / Pulpit Friction (3,25/5)

Futurama - Season 7 :
    The Bots and the Bees : 3,75/5 / A Farewell to Arms : 4/5 / Decision 3012 : 3,5/5 / The Thief of Baghead : 3,25/5 / Zapp Dingbat : 2/5 / The Butterjunk Effect : 2,5/5 / The Six Million Dollar Mon : 4/5 / Fun On A Bun : 3,75/5 / Free Will Hunting : 2,25/5 / Near-Death Wish : 3,75/5 / 31st Century Fox : 3,5/5 / Viva Mars Vegas : 4/5 / Naturama : 2,5/5

there really should have been more references to moe having the giant fan it would have gotten the writers out of some sticky situations and it would be hilarious

Blog Entries

At long last leave
    Have The Simpsons going back to Springfield reluctantly, but forgivingly instead of moving the entire town to the Outlands.
    Fun Fact: I hate heights

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

At the end of the Nedliest Catch, have Homer and Marge ask the audience to forget about Nedna and have a poll if she should dump Homer, or otherwise.

Well, ya'know if you stay positive and forget about trivial things like "proper characterization," "Satire," and "emotional depth" watching new Simpsons episodes can be a seemingly enjoyable lie.

"One of the keys to life is having a sense of proportion, knowing how long to sit at a restaurant after you've eaten, or how long you should go on vacation if you go to Hawaii for a month on vacation, I guarantee you that by the end you'll hate it. So it's the same with a TV show, you want to do a certain amount of it, so that when people look back on it and they love it. I could have easily done the show for one or two or three more years, but it would have changed the way people look back at it. I think I made the right decision. Because people like the show now even more than they did in the 1990s, because it didn't get worn out." -- Jerry Seinfeld

Blog Entries

At the end of Saddlesore Galactica, take out the fuckin' jockey elves.

i agree that whole jockey song was painfully unfunny i do like the idea of jockeys being murderous trolls but murderous trolls dont sing crummy songs for filler

Blog Entries

Exactly

And welcome to this site, kidpresentable Hope you enjoy your time here

Blog Entries

The Simpsons Movie

The whole of Springfield is inadvertently destroyed as the rampaging riots against the Simpson family bestow a previously underground group of terrorists with a window of oppurtunity with which to detonate their bomb, exploding and killing everyone in Springfield in a massive tidal wave of devastation. Thus ending The Simpsons forever and preventing any more poor quality episodes. =D
    It's canonical!

"So, I'm closing up the bar right, and some punk executive producer comes in and tries to stick me up."
    "Whatever did you do Moe?"
    Well, it coulda been a really ugly situation, but I managed to shoot him in the spine. Ha ha! The next studio he produces at better have a ramp!" - Moe on Al Jean

Quote Originally Posted by Boris Johnson View Post
    The Simpsons Movie

The whole of Springfield is inadvertently destroyed as the rampaging riots against the Simpson family bestow a previously underground group of terrorists with a window of oppurtunity with which to detonate their bomb, exploding and killing everyone in Springfield in a massive tidal wave of devastation. Thus ending The Simpsons forever and preventing any more poor quality episodes. =D
    It's canonical!
    Agreed.

Stonecutter Joey Joe-Joe Jnr Shabadoo's Avatar

When You Dish Upon a Star

Instead of Homer opening the "Museum of Hollywood Jerks", being involved in a high-speed chase, being ordered by a court to stay 500 miles away from any living or dead celebrity and Ron Howard pitching Homer's original movie idea...Homer vows to become more famous than Baldwin, Basinger and Howard by creating his own sitcom called 'Bar Rats'. He films it at Moe's Tavern and it involves himself, Moe, Lenny and Carl. When it becomes an instant success, he hires Fat Tony and the mob to kill Ron Howard. The mob are in involved in a high-speed chase with Howard and just as they're about to kill him, Unckie Herb arrives at scene, shaves his head and imitates Homer calling off the hit. Homer finds out and asks why? Herb informs him that him and Howard have been involved in a secret homosexual relationship for 3 years. Then Patty randomly walks into the house and just as she says "Since Herb is coming out, Homer I am a les...", Homer slams the door on her face. Homer and Howard negotiate an agreement and have a drink at Moe's together, at which point Kent Brockman walks in and apologises to Homer for 'Bar Rats' being cancelled. Howard then runs out of the bar and into the distance and Homer shakes his fist screaming "Howaaaaaard". 'Happy Days' plays the episode out.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicalManFromHappyLand View Post
    Am I the only one who likes the ending of Lisa the Iconoclast?
    nope. i liked it too. although i gotta say when i first watched it i really wanted her to reveal the truth lol

and in both "In Marge we Trust" and "Bart the Mother", i would change the third acts. i loved both episodes until Ned gets chased by the bullies in the former, and until the lizards hatch in the latter. bu that ending at the zoo with the monkeys on "in Marge..." i hate it so much, and the fact that they stopped for the whole family on the way there, it was kinda funny, but the was Sculy's type of humor before Scully, i cant take during the Scully years, but not during what's still considered "The Golden Years"
    Having such a vast vocabulary really embiggens my pride

4>3>2>6>7>5>8>9>1>10>12>11>14>15>16>13> the rest I don't know how to organize but they share the quality of not being as good as S13 to me

Nintendo Dance Party! ManiacalRoboKiller's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Nobody has mentioned Cape Feare for it's terrible Grandpa ending that didn't even relate to the plot? I don't know how to end what was a perfect episode but something better than that. Like say Bob going back to his cell and saying something vengeful then the show ends or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart Flimpson's Dracula View Post
    Like Seth MacFarlane's addiction to creating terrible new shows, Matt Groening has a problem with concluding a show. He needs therapy.

Milhouse once mentioned a city very close to mine.
    Blog Entries

The Great Money Caper: Homer realizes the error of his grifting ways and makes a speech about honesty (or, perhaps more cynically, to be more careful about grifting so as to not get caught so easily - I mean, they only seemed to grift people they know, including Flanders) and have them give the money back. Just some kind of ending as opposed to the whole-town fake-out.

Moe Goes from Rags to Riches: Before the rag goes to Santa's Little Helper, the rag was laced with some kind of hallucinogen as a part of a bar prank. Moe got a whiff while he held the rag up to his face in that Peanuts gag, which would explain in part what happened. Marge thoroughly washed the rag before it went back to Moe.

The Principal and the Pauper: Armin Tamsarian continues to be the principal of the school, not because Skinner was literally railroaded out of town but because he sees how much of a dump Springfield Elementary actually is. He heads to Shelbyville instead.

Tales from the Public Domain: The episode ends not with the family dancing to Ghostbusters but to a still shot of each family member as one of their characters in the story, like as an in-show couch gag.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Riviera View Post
    New Kids on the Blecch - stop before *NSYNC talks to the viewers.
    Am I the only one here who likes that episode?

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Moe View Post
    Probably. If it makes ya feel better, nobody likes my favourite characters so... :P

Anyways, "better" is a term that's thrown about too much. Quality is mostly subjective so I'm not going to bother taking the nhc style route ("MY OPINION IS FACT!!1") and just go with what I personally would have done:

- On a clear day, I can't see my Sister: Maybe have Lisa admit that basically ruining someone's life and reveling in their suffering MIGHT not be a desirable trait.

- Black-eyed, please: Keep everything the same BUT the reason behind the hate. Instead of another "Oh everyone's so jealous of how smart and perfect and moral Lisa is even when he's being a total jerkass (see above)" but more like, maybe having a problem with her attitude. Maybe mistaking her eager-to-please nature as asskissing for the sake of getting good grades and showing off or something.

and I think that's all I got for now...

Blog Entries

new kids is honestly one of my favorites from s12

22. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Kid Moe

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Evans View Post
    Nobody has mentioned Cape Feare for it's terrible Grandpa ending that didn't even relate to the plot? I don't know how to end what was a perfect episode but something better than that. Like say Bob going back to his cell and saying something vengeful then the show ends or something.
    mostly because that was pretty funny. Also the difference is the ending of the main plot was very good as opposed to the absolute mess of a conclusion a lot of the episodes mentioned here had so fixing them would be a priority

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Moe View Post
    I like the episode, save the ending.
    Favourite/least favourite by seasons that I own (somewhat stolen from Financial Panther):

3 - Dog of Death/When Flanders Failed 4 - Lisa's First Word/So it's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5 - Secrets of a Successful Marriage/Bart's Inner Child 6 - And Maggie Makes Three/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7 - Marge Be Not Proud/Bart the Fink 8 - Homer's Phobia/The Simpsons Spin-Off Showcase 9 - King of the Hill/Trash of the Titans 10 - Wild Barts Can't Be Broken/Maximum Homerdrive

Don't you know I am serious!! Rembrandt Q. Einstein's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I like it...
    In order to effect the maximum taste out of food such as a boiled sweet.

Banned

The Computer Wore Menace Shoes - instead of the whole The Prisoner bit first play up his new popularity or respect from others for dishing the dirt, then have one of Homer's false rumours implicate a family member and make him choose between his fame and reputation or his wife/kids.

Wants three money Bankrupt Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Evans View Post
    But that's still a hilarious ending. And it relates to the plot. Grampa didn't have his pills. He turned into a woman-like creature. It's funny, and it's connected.

Nintendo Dance Party! ManiacalRoboKiller's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Barely connected. Off a joke from earlier in the episode. It wasn't THAT funny to me. I'd much rather have seen Bob plotting in his cell his next appearance for Bart.

Thread Information