...Ron Swanson from Parks and Recreation?
This is a crackpot theory that just occurred to me. I couldn't find anything on the Internet supporting said crackpot theory, so I figured I'd post it here.
* Parks and Recreation was created by Simpsons writer Greg Daniels.
* According to various Simpsons commentaries, Swartzwelder is a staunch libertarian, not unlike Swanson.
* They're both burly men with mustaches.
* Their last names start with the same three letters. Now that I think about it, even their first names rhyme.
* In the only episode that features Swartzwelder in a DVD commentary ('Cartridge Family'), the writers call him up and ask what he's doing. Swartzwelder answers, "I'm cooking a steak." This is exactly what Ron Swanson would be doing if you randomly called him up.