Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The NHC Top 50 post-classic episodes [RESULTS]

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

I went over the post-classic R&R threads to compare their average scores to what has the most love. Eps I found with 83+ averages (83 cuz on Metacritic that's a B+), and luckily there have been 0 after this thread started:

4.48 Trilogy of Error 12 #1
    4.44 24 Minutes 18 #11
    4.38 Moe Baby Blues 14 #2
    4.37 Eternal Moonshine 19 #4
    4.35 Tis the 15th Season 15 #24
    4.32 Lisa Gets an A 10 #5
    4.28 Treehouse IX 10.2 #7
    Poppa’s Got a Brand New Badge 13 #15
    4.22 Half-Decent Proposal 13.2 #25
    4.20 Holidays of Future Passed 23 #3
    Father, Son, and Holy Guest Star 16 N/A (19 pts)
    4.19 Seemingly Never-Ending Story 17 #8
    4.18 Little Girl in the Big Ten 13.3 #23
    4.16 Girls Just Want to Have Sums 17.2 #49
    4.15 Springfield Up 18.2 N/A (31 pts)
    4.14 Haw-Hawed Couple 18.3 #39

Holy Guest Star not having much excitement is interesting since more than half of R&R voters gave it a 5 and almost another 30% gave it a 4.
    T10: Summer of 4 Feat 2, Marge vs. the Monorail, Last Exit to Springfield, Rosebud, Treehouse of Horror V, Lisa's Wedding, You Only Move Twice, Who Shot Mr. Burns Pt I, Homer's Phobia, Bart's Girlfriend (5x Mirkin, 3x Oakley/Weinstein, 2x Jean/Reiss)

I'm surprised by all the hate for Behind the Laughter. That has always been one of my all-time favorites and it's in my Top 20 best of the series. But I guess not everyone likes the "meta" episodes.

I like seeing love for Lisa Gets an A.

HOMR is a bizarre premise, but it is a good satire on the way intelligence is treated.

SHAFT - greatest sex machine Snospitmmer SimpEhtson's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zach View Post
    (A+) great episode, nothing not to like.
    Okay, I agree with everything you said except for this.
    I mean, what the HELL.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1010011010;bt16809
    Basically, here's how a typical day goes out:
    -OSS says something stupid/annoying/decent/just something and someone complains about it.
    -Idiot says the forum has gone to shit.
    -OSS yells about being complained at.
    -Snrub makes some passive aggressive comments here and there.
    -Handsome and Idiot go back and forth for 5 pages, agreeing with each other.
    -OSS still complains and everyone else still complains.
    -Armscare acts like a jackass, while the (real) smart people either say nothing, get into a fight, or threaten to leave the board.
    -A thread is locked, everyone tires out, drinks their apple juice, poops and falls a sleep.
    -Repeat steps 1-22 for the last 3 months of this forum until board is completely unlikeable to be around.

Moral Orel freak HANDSOME.S4.COMPLETE.XviD's Avatar
    Blog Entries

it's got good singing wraparounds and excellent past songs. seriously, what isn't there to like?
    Quote Originally Posted by ofhf View Post
    I was always a pointless guy
    It’s a little known fact that Freddy is actually a huge fan of David Letterman. The Fresh Prince upset Freddy when he turned Letterman off, and his punishment is death.

the question no one asked Mister Snrub's Avatar
    Blog Entries

the singing wraparounds are decent, and most of the past songs are pretty good, but y'know...we've seen them before.

it gets a pass exclusively because of 'paint your wagon'
    Reviews from satisfied customers:

Quote Originally Posted by HANDSOME.S4.COMPLETE.XviD View Post
    ban mister snrub plz
    Quote Originally Posted by Insomnia View Post
    kill this man please

Get 'im, Sheba! Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well this was an odd bump. But it's my thread, so sure, why not?

Anyway, All Singing, All Dancing is a very good clip show. Pretty much all the clips are very memorable songs, and I like the wraparounds with Snake as well. It's got some pretty funny stuff in it, including the aforementioned "Paint Your Wagon," and I like the reference to it being a "cheesy clip show" at the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by dman360 View Post
    Don't tell what to do fuck face, and I'm not changing it I do what I want so fuck you bitch
    The original Favorite and least favorite by season
    Shorts: 1: The Pacifier Watching TV 2: World War III Maggie's Brain 3: Bathtime Scary Movie
    Episodes: 1: Krusty Gets Busted There's No Disgrace Like Home 2: Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3: Homer at the Bat Separate Vocations 4: Homer's Triple Bypass Krusty Gets Kancelled 5: Cape Feare Lady Bouvier's Lover 6: Homer Badman Lisa on Ice 7: King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8: Homer's Enemy The Simpsons Spin-Off Showcase 9: Bart Carny The Trouble with Trillions 10: Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: "Kidney Trouble" 11: Guess Who's Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12: HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13: Tales from the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15: The Ziff Who Came to Dinner Bart-Mangled Banner 16: A Star Is Torn She Used to Be My Girl 17: My Fair Laddy The Italian Bob 18: The Haw-Hawed Couple The Boys of Bummer 19: Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20: Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21: The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22: Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23: The Falcon and the D'ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24: Hardly Kirk-ing What Animated Women Want 25: The War of Art What to Expect When Bart's Expecting

Voted "Best Taste" in NHC awards. Therefore, I'm right, you're wrong.

Cranberry sauce a la Bart pkkao's Avatar
    Blog Entries

All Singing, All Dancing is easily the best clip show and a very entertaining watch. The wraparounds are catchy and flow into the clips well (sometimes they have dialogue between the wraparound and the song, though, like the "mule" stuff before the Monorail Song, which irks me), the songs are as great as ever (and to be fair, it is pretty much the cleanest compilation of Simpsons songs you can find, compared to stuff on YouTube or even the animation-less album), and what little original material there is isn't too bad either.

A Lonely, Insignificant Speck Insanity Pepper's Avatar
    A Has-Been Planet Orbited by a Cold, Indifferent Sun

All this love for All Singing All Dancing is kind of weird, but I like it too. I prefer 138th Episode Spectacular, but it's otherwise the best clip show. The clips that tend to work the best out of context are songs, IMO (unless maybe the clips only focused on memorable gags, which has never been the case). It's easily the most entertaining compilation of clips that went into a clip show, for that reason.
    Who ever heard of a sad clown?
    Tapped Out: QuiteCorking

SHAFT - greatest sex machine Snospitmmer SimpEhtson's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I know humanity is doomed when All Singing, All Dancing being overrated is even possible.

Blog Entries

where's all this like for All Singing, All Dancing coming from?

anyway it's easily my favorite clip-show and honestly probably top 5 from s9(though I haven't watched s9 in a while).

1 good post in every 5 The Spruce Moose's Avatar
    Blog Entries

All Singing, All Dancing is fine, it doesn't stand out but it does have some really funny moments, the original content is original and with the number of almost offensively awful episodes in the later years it really can't be considered one of the worst ever.
    Join the vote for the NHC's Top 100 albums!
    4 > 6 > 3 > 5 > 7 > 2 > 8 > 1 > 9 > 10 > 11 > 14 > 12 > 15 > 13 > 16 > 18 > 17 and who gives a fuck after that

Thread Information