Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The NHC Top 50 post-classic episodes [RESULTS]

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

*RIP Marcia Wallace* TriforceBun's Avatar

Okay, I've seen several threads lately devolve into two or three users bickering in the most banal, inane way possible--through single-sentence posts that tediously go on for pages.

STOP DOING IT.

It's highly obnoxious for anyone else reading the thread, clutters everything up with spammy nonsense, and just generally lowers the quality of the boards. This is not a chat room. If you truly feel the need to prattle back and forth with five-word posts that have absolutely no substance, please keep it to the PMs. Otherwise, stick to the topic at hand. I'm not a particularly strict mod by any stretch, but this recent trend of pointless, aimless posting is s(c)ullying up a great board for Simpsons discussion. Jake has the right idea clearing up the mess here, and I'll be doing the same if it continues.

Now back to the topic, please!
    My Nintendo webcomic,

I went over the post-classic R&R threads to compare their average scores to what has the most love. Eps I found with 83+ averages (83 cuz on Metacritic that's a B+), and luckily there have been 0 after this thread started:

4.48 Trilogy of Error 12 #1
    4.44 24 Minutes 18 #11
    4.38 Moe Baby Blues 14 #2
    4.37 Eternal Moonshine 19 #4
    4.35 Tis the 15th Season 15 #24
    4.32 Lisa Gets an A 10 #5
    4.28 Treehouse IX 10.2 #7
    Poppa’s Got a Brand New Badge 13 #15
    4.22 Half-Decent Proposal 13.2 #25
    4.20 Holidays of Future Passed 23 #3
    Father, Son, and Holy Guest Star 16 N/A (19 pts)
    4.19 Seemingly Never-Ending Story 17 #8
    4.18 Little Girl in the Big Ten 13.3 #23
    4.16 Girls Just Want to Have Sums 17.2 #49
    4.15 Springfield Up 18.2 N/A (31 pts)
    4.14 Haw-Hawed Couple 18.3 #39

Holy Guest Star not having much excitement is interesting since more than half of R&R voters gave it a 5 and almost another 30% gave it a 4.
    T10: Summer of 4 Feat 2, Marge vs. the Monorail, Last Exit to Springfield, Rosebud, Treehouse of Horror V, Lisa's Wedding, You Only Move Twice, Who Shot Mr. Burns Pt I, Homer's Phobia, Bart's Girlfriend (5x Mirkin, 3x Oakley/Weinstein, 2x Jean/Reiss)

I'm surprised by all the hate for Behind the Laughter. That has always been one of my all-time favorites and it's in my Top 20 best of the series. But I guess not everyone likes the "meta" episodes.

I like seeing love for Lisa Gets an A.

HOMR is a bizarre premise, but it is a good satire on the way intelligence is treated.

SHAFT - greatest sex machine OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zach View Post
    (A+) great episode, nothing not to like.
    Okay, I agree with everything you said except for this.
    I mean, what the HELL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malfunctioning Eddie View Post
    One time i was masturbating in class while taking a test and i jizzed all over the paper so i couldnt turn it in. I think the girl next to me i was staring at noticed what i was doing.

Thread Information