Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: The Simpsons Hurt and Heal Tournament: Season 9

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

hidle-onar-takan-thran Toomanygrandmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

A bit annoyed that The Cartridge Family got the boot at the last minute. It's the only episode I find to really stick out in Season 9. Most of the episodes fall in to the 'good, but flawed' category. I think it's probably the funniest episode of Seasons 9-12, but its reception on this thread seems to be somewhat mixed. Guess I'm sort of glad that Lisa's Sax and The City of NY got through, as I'd probably put them second or third if i had to do a list of the seasons best.
    The further the seasons go on in this competition, the less bothered I'll probably be which ones make it through to the final four.
    Anyway, bring on 10.
    Poochie needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine

Junior Camper

I'm pleased with the results. I would have gone for The Cartridge Family over Lost Our Lisa, but those and the other three that made it are probably my top 5 of the season. Though Natural Born Kissers is up there, too.

How dissapointing. The Cartridge Family has one of the funniest sequences in the entire history of the show, and is also one of the best Scully episodes.

Pin Pal MagicalManFromHappyLand's Avatar

^ I'm guessing he's talking about the 'waiting' sequence.

what's the sequence?
    The part where Homer goes in to get his gun. Pretty much all the scenes at the gun store.

Blog Entries

Eh, whatever. I guess I should accept the fact that my opinions differ greatly from everyone else's. At least Lisa the Simpson made it.
    Favourite/least favourite by seasons that I own (somewhat stolen from Financial Panther):

3 - Dog of Death/When Flanders Failed 4 - Lisa's First Word/So it's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5 - Secrets of a Successful Marriage/Bart's Inner Child 6 - And Maggie Makes Three/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7 - Marge Be Not Proud/Bart the Fink 8 - Homer's Phobia/The Simpsons Spin-Off Showcase 9 - King of the Hill/Trash of the Titans 10 - Wild Barts Can't Be Broken/Maximum Homerdrive

Banned
    Blog Entries

Just because an episode I actually like be in the final four makes this the best hurt and heal tournament ever.

ooooooooooooooooooh leprechaun_dan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The City of New York deserves it, although I would've preferred Lisa the Simpson beat Lisa's Sax, but still a pretty good ending to an edge-of-your-seat tournament.
    [SIZE=1] Check out my South Park episode ideas in my user notes (Note: It's the fifth and last note): http://www.nohomers.net/usernote.php...ewuser&u=41294

"I got blisters on me fingers!" ~ Ringo Starr (Helter Skelter)

Led Zeppelin IV > Houses of the Holy > Physical Graffiti > Led Zeppelin II > Led Zeppelin I > Led Zeppelin III > Presence > In Through the Out Door > Coda

So sad for the cartridge family...
    My Simpsons Season 24 Ratings/Reviews:
    Moonshine River (2,25/5) / Treehouse Of Horror XXIII (3,5/5) / Adventures in Baby-Getting (3,25/5) / Gone Abie Gone (3,5/5) / Penny Wise-Guys (3/5) / A Tree Grows in Springfield (1,75/5) / The Day The Earth Stood Cool (3,75/5) / To Cur with Love (4/5) / Homer Goes to Prep School (3/5) / A Test Before Trying (3,5/5) / The Changing of the Guardian (1,25/5) / Love is a Many-Splintered Thing (2,75/5) / Hardly Kirk-ing (3,25/5) / Gorgeous Grampa (2,25/5) / Black-Eyed, Please (3,75/5) / Dark Knight Court (3/5) / Pulpit Friction (3,25/5)

Futurama - Season 7 :
    The Bots and the Bees : 3,75/5 / A Farewell to Arms : 4/5 / Decision 3012 : 3,5/5 / The Thief of Baghead : 3,25/5 / Zapp Dingbat : 2/5 / The Butterjunk Effect : 2,5/5 / The Six Million Dollar Mon : 4/5 / Fun On A Bun : 3,75/5 / Free Will Hunting : 2,25/5 / Near-Death Wish : 3,75/5 / 31st Century Fox : 3,5/5 / Viva Mars Vegas : 4/5 / Naturama : 2,5/5

Banned
    Blog Entries

whoa i really like cartridge family now what was up with me.

While I didn't participate with this tournament (it was way before the time I joined the forum), the outcome is suprisingly very close as what I had in mind. I would've been a lot less harsh with Principal And The Pauper, but for he rest its completely how I'd make my list. Good to see people thinking the same with these results without having me to interrupt
    Episodes rated best and worst from each season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: The Way We Was/Bart's Dog Gets an F 3: Colonel Homer/Dog of Death 4: Marge vs. The Monorail/So It's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Bart Gets An Elephant 6: Treehouse of Horror V/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Mother Simpson/Homerpalooza 8: You Only Move Twice/The Canine Mutiny 9: Lisa's Sax/Bart Carny 10: Lisa Gets an A/Sunday Cruddy Sunday 11: Behind The Laughter/Beyond Blunderdome 12: Trilogy of Error/The Computer Wore Menace Shoes 13: I Am Furious Yellow/Homer the Moe 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little/Large Marge 15: The Way We Weren't/Diatribe of a Mad Housewife 16: Thank God Its Doomsday/Mommie Beerest 17: Marge's Son Poisoning/Bonfire of the Manatees 18: Marge Gamer/Revenge is Best Served Three Times 19: Treehouse of Horror XVIII/That 90's Show 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Eeny Teeny Maya Moe 21: O Brother, Where Bart thou?/The Devil Wears Nada 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fool Monty 23: Holidays of Future Passed/Moe Goes From Rags To Riches 24: Adventures In Baby-Getting/Whiskey Business 25: Brick Like Me/White Christmas Blues

Season ranking: 3 > 6 > 5 > 7 > 4 > 8 > 2 > 1 > 10 > 9 > 15 > 13 > 22 > 20 > 16 > 14 > 12 > 23 > 19 > 17 > 11 > 24 > 18 > 21

Simpsons Episodes I've made so far:

The Simpsons Play: ''World Of WarCraft'' - http://www.nohomers.net/showthread.p...isode-included!)

Thread Information