Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how to save the show

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

how to save the show

The series clearly has to end, but there may be remedies to quell us Simpsonites from burning down fox.

How could they you ask?

By rebooting the entire series, hitting a theoretical reset button on the continuity. They could remake old episodes, and add new ones. Removing such previously established traits and such (IE Lisa as a vegetarian) and returning the show to its roots, while adding modern pop culture and settings.

Good idea or no?

5 Favourites
    Duffless
    22 Short Films about Springfield
    Dead Putting Society
    Homers Enemy
    The old man and the lisa
    5 Halloween specials
    Treehouse of Horror 3
    THOH 4
    THOH V
    THOH 8
    THOH VII

Wishing that they would fire the writing team.
    Hoping that they Reboot the series after it ends.

Pin Pal MagicalManFromHappyLand's Avatar

Terrible idea.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicalManFromHappyLand View Post
    Terrible idea.

Couldnt be any worse than how things are now..

When I say modern pop culture I mean like small things, for example. Instead of stealing cable to watch boxing, they steal Satellite to watch MMA. Also adding new stories with the old style of humor and righting some of the wrongs (Arman Tamzarian). Id give it a chance

Banned
    Blog Entries

No...it could get much worse.

Just a warning. You're probably going to get torn apart over this.
    The answer you're gonna get from most people is that the humour should revert to the old style, but not necessarily the continuity, which around this site is sacred
    Lisa being a vegetarian or Principal Skinner being Armin Tanzarian have very little to do with the current state of the show anyway, so I don't see how this can be a useful suggestion .

The show could only be saved by a total overhaul of the staff behind the show. Even then it's much more likely to be worse than better. In regards to remaking old episodes, I wouldn't mind seeing just one classic episode remade with the HD animation. Nothing changed except the animation, just to see what it would be like. Other than that though, don't remake anything.

The idea is to have some of the stuff established throughout the run, such as lisas vegetarianism. But this would also reintroduce the show to newer viewers. Reverting it to the old style in the process. It would be the equivalent to turning your underwear inside out to extend the wear time a few days (by days i mean years in this case)

Brakes 4 Committees Zombies Rise from the Sea's Avatar

There are simple things that could be done for saving the show.

1. A refreshing of the staff.
    2. A transition to the episodes of old (emotional episodes, character-based episodes)
    3. Standing up to FOX and demanding that 3 act structure back.
    4. Better satire, The Simpsons may not have "impact" but good satire is good satire.
    5. Some freshening up not involving a total reset, maybe episodes focusing on other characters that don't include The Simpsons.
    6. Obviously, less guest stars "for the sake of it".

It's not some science, it's just simple fact.

Blog Entries

the show is to sick to be saved, it need's to be put down but if an atempt to save it happens then i agree with Zombies points

How Fox could make millions of dollars off the show, then screw it over with a terrible 4 act structure for more commercial time(to quote Homer"so that you can have another hundred million dollars") is an insult to the show, it's producers, and its viewers.

Well the only reason I suggested a reboot is because the show is in such bad condition right now. Who wouldnt like to see modernized versions of the oldies.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Me. I'd hate to see the organic animation turn into cold, heartless digital animation.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome B. Wonderful View Post
    Me. I'd hate to see the organic animation turn into cold, heartless digital animation.
    that could be remedied by imitating the older (seasons 4-8) animation style, whilst making it HD

Banned
    Blog Entries

Do you know why everyone does digital now? Real animation like the old Simpsons animation style costs a lot of dough.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome B. Wonderful View Post
    Do you know why everyone does digital now? Real animation like the old Simpsons animation style costs a lot of dough.
    can the old style animation not be imitated through computers and be broadcast in HD?

also, can we not cut costs by doing this?

(TheOttoThe does not support the use of sweatshop workers)

Blog Entries

Did you get this idea from For Better or For Worse? If not, they did that a few years ago and I don't really see an improvement or otherwise in quality.

Junior Camper

I only watch latter-day Simpsons sporadically, but do they really even have that much regard for continuity these days? I can't see how resetting it would make a difference.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Le Jake has the best idea to save the show...

fire.. and lots of it.

Banned
    Blog Entries

How to make repetitive threads:

1. Keep making threads about how the show can be saved

Quote Originally Posted by Homer I Am View Post
    How to make repetitive threads:

1. Keep making threads about how the show can be saved
    well, I'd also think this would be a good idea after the show was completely finished, give the crew a few years off and then start fresh

Edgier comedy. Not gross out. Just wacky. They definitely need people that think outside the box like before. The golden era had some thinkers.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOttoThe View Post
    can the old style animation not be imitated through computers and be broadcast in HD?
    Yes it can; since if they do produce the cells on film then there is a possibility it can be broadcast in HD and look good; not unlike what they did where they taped the animation on video.

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Add another stupid gimmick (3-D) and watch this board think it's some kind of return the classic era. It worked when the show went to HD...

Well, ya'know if you stay positive and forget about trivial things like "proper characterization," "Satire," and "emotional depth" watching new Simpsons episodes can be a seemingly enjoyable lie.

"One of the keys to life is having a sense of proportion, knowing how long to sit at a restaurant after you've eaten, or how long you should go on vacation if you go to Hawaii for a month on vacation, I guarantee you that by the end you'll hate it. So it's the same with a TV show, you want to do a certain amount of it, so that when people look back on it and they love it. I could have easily done the show for one or two or three more years, but it would have changed the way people look back at it. I think I made the right decision. Because people like the show now even more than they did in the 1990s, because it didn't get worn out." -- Jerry Seinfeld

Couldnt be any worse than how things are now..

When I say modern pop culture I mean like small things, for example. Instead of stealing cable to watch boxing, they steal Satellite to watch MMA. Also adding new stories with the old style of humor and righting some of the wrongs (Arman Tamzarian). Id give it a chance
    That is the last thing we want, that is why the show is getting terrible reviews.
    Top 10 Episodes:
    1. Bart of Darkness
    2. Bart Sells his Soul
    3. Bart vs. Thanksgiving
    4. Stark Raving Dad
    5. Separate Vocations
    6. Lisa on Ice
    7. Cape Feare
    8. Milhouse Dosen't Live Here Any More
    9. Kill The Alligator and Run - Seriously.
    10. Treehouse of Horror V
    11. Das Bus

Youtube: www.youtube.com/bomberswarm2
    Bigfooty: www.bigfooty.com/bomberswarm2

Also, on a lighter note. Wouldnt it be cool if they did sequels to certain THOH Segments next year?

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Seriously, if the show wants to improve it should:

1. End, or..

2. If it continues stop with the filler, expository gags that just "happen" (Like frink falling out of the sky knowing what was going on in How I wet your mother) or the Town showing up to save the day in Them, Robot. For the love of pete, stop writing the stories where one scene barely has a connection to the previous scene and the story should make a lick of sense. In Them, Robot. they could swat down a Rotweiller and then the Robots could be stopped with a corndog in the eye. Crap like this makes the show unfunny.

Old Sound Effects

Quote Originally Posted by Zombies Rise from the Sea View Post
    There are simple things that could be done for saving the show.

1. A refreshing of the staff.
    2. A transition to the episodes of old (emotional episodes, character-based episodes)
    4. Better satire, The Simpsons may not have "impact" but good satire is good satire.
    5. Some freshening up not involving a total reset, maybe episodes focusing on other characters that don't include The Simpsons.
    6. Obviously, less guest stars "for the sake of it".

It's not some science, it's just simple fact.
    I believe that not many people thought about this, but what about background music and realistic sound effects? I mean, the background
    music and realistic sound effects are nothing compared to the past. Remember the scene in the episode, "Moaning Lisa", where Lisa is sad as she looks in the mirror, and during that scene, we can hear the emotional background sound going with it. Why don't people mention this so much? Really?

Blog Entries

Its time for the white screen to be put in front of The Simpsons and the nice man with the shotgun to put it down humanely.

Banned
    Blog Entries

well, I'd also think this would be a good idea after the show was completely finished, give the crew a few years off and then start fresh
    What are you on about? Also the current writers and animators need to be replaced with people that actually have ideas, not given a day off.

Quote Originally Posted by shoz999 View Post
    I believe that not many people thought about this, but what about background music and realistic sound effects? I mean, the background
    music and realistic sound effects are nothing compared to the past. Remember the scene in the episode, "Moaning Lisa", where Lisa is sad as she looks in the mirror, and during that scene, we can hear the emotional background sound going with it. Why don't people mention this so much? Really?
    It's not a big issue; music is a powerful thing but compared to the animation and the characters and even the humor, it's not a big thing surprisingly. I'm not worrying about that because when the episodes become better then the people behind the show get better, that includes the composer. It's kind of like when a manager makes something run better...

Thread Information