Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Simpsons Lego Project that could become official lego!

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Thumbs Up The Simpsons Lego Project that could become official lego!

I posted this the other day in The Andoid's Dungeon. It turns out someone made a video to showcase it, so I thought I'd open it as a full thread, so it's open for discussion: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7Qfez5e7kI

If you're like me, the Simpsons Lego sounds like it could be the best collectible series they could design for! Like the Harry Potter and Star Wars series, (their top IP's) there's just so much that can be designed. It's a project someone made on a website called Lego Cuusoo, where you share your ideas, and if you end up with 10,000 supporters, it might become an official series of products!

If everyone on the board voted for it, they'd be able to go beyond that mark and show how popular The Simpsons is: http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/12329 Imagine the whole of Springfield in Lego. Let's help the guy out. Support this, like it, tweet it, and bookmark it. Matt Groening would probably even be proud to have some Simpsons Lego set up in his office.

Same Avatar, Different Shit Zombies Rise from the Sea's Avatar

Those are the oddest looking Legos in history... I can't get over how fat Lisa and Marge look; it just seems so unnatural. No offense, I'm sure the guy didn't intend for it to happen but Simpsons & Legos just don't mix.

Good luck though.
    My Simpsons Season 25 Ratings/Reviews:
    Homerland (3.5/10) Treehouse of Horror XXIV (5.0/10) Four Regrettings and a Funeral (4.0/10) YOLO (4.5/10) Labor Pains (5.0/10) The Kid is All Right (3.0/10) Yellow Subterfuge (5.5/10) White Christmas Blues (1.5/10) Steal This Episode (7.0/10) Married to the Blob (5.5/10) Specs and the City (4.5/10)

Banned
    Blog Entries

I want Futurama Legos more!
    Last edited by The Angry Animated Comedy Nerd; 03-21-2012 at 10:24 AM.

Blog Entries

that looks stupid and terrible

at the other side of reality cinco's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Is this foreboding a Lego Simpsons Game?

vs. Radioactive Man Captain Squid's Avatar

They'd look better if they didn't have so many details on the clothing. Heck, they're more detailed then the Simpsons themselves. Just do straight up flat colors and geometric shapes.

The Simpsons Blocko figures have the right idea:

UP AND ATOM!

at the other side of reality cinco's Avatar
    Blog Entries

^
    Carl without Lenny?

Thumbs Up The examples. I supported straight away after seeing these!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Squid View Post
    They'd look better if they didn't have so many details on the clothing. Heck, they're more detailed then the Simpsons themselves. Just do straight up flat colors and geometric shapes.
    They did, the picture I posted was just the 'high quality' title pic for the project, if you followed the links you can see all the minifigure example images with simple details and that's where you need to go to support the project. Go here to support it: The Simpson Lego Project and here to watch the fan video: Simpsons Lego Youtube

Here are the examples:

They did, the picture I posted was just the 'high quality' title pic for the project, if you followed the links you can see all the minifigure example images with simple details and that's where you need to go to support the project. Go here to support it: The Simpson Lego Project and here to watch the fan video: Simpsons Lego Youtube

Here are the examples:

TyrantTakesIceBucketChall enge D DEBBS's Avatar

I remember the Blockos when they came out...don't think they were successful. If the Blackos aren't successful, then neither would the LEGO's, with the exception of a few die-hard Simpsons collectors.

Blog Entries

wait, did fox really trademark blocko?

The Smart Simpson LittleMissLisaSimpson's Avatar

What happened to Carl? It doesn't look like him

"Trust in yourself & you can achieve anything" - Lisa Simpson
    Favourite Season - Season 4

catchin' some gnarly pounders comeau's Avatar

Carl looks like a Dilbert character.

Simpsons legos would be awesome I wouldget them. (They look kind of weird though.) You should click the link whoever came up with the simpsons legos had good ideas.

Blog Entries

I don't normally bump threads, but you guys should see this:

http://www.groovebricks.com/lego-to-make-simpsons-sets/

Blog Entries

haha I came here to bump this after seeing a link on dead homers

Food-Crazed Maniac Oh, that's raspberry!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

The Simpsons will be going to Legoland in Season 26!

Wall Street Journal, Friday, March 8, 2013, pB3

Lego A/S. looking to expand its string of partnerships with media franchises, is in talks with 20th century Fox about making a toy set based on TV show "The Simpsons." a spokesman said on Thursday.

A deal would pair the Danish toy maker with what is believed to be the longest-running scripted show in U.S. TV history. "The Simpsons" has a cult following and appeals to younger audiences as well as adults who have followed the show since they were children.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I want my Simpsons Legos!

ArchiveGuy

Link to that WSJ piece. Surprised it's taken this long given the clear yellow synergy.
    Quote Originally Posted by David Mirkin, 1995
    I think at the end of the eighth season, we'll all have to sit down, make sure the show is still fresh. Make sure that's it's not repeating itself or falling into a formula and you know...It's very possible that we'll still have energy after eight seasons, but hopefully it will always be a decision of quality, to make sure we are not lowering the quality just to make a little bit more money.

Quote Originally Posted by Oh, that's raspberry! View Post
    The Simpsons will be going to Legoland in Season 26!
    They already did sort of

It looks like duplo more than lego

Boat on a track Train on the Water's Avatar

I honestly don’t look forward to the sets but I know many of you do so let us know below what you think of having LEGO Simpsons sets.
    Okay. Thank you for that additional information, Tomas the blogger.

What do you think they put in the Bug Juice?
    Bugs?
    No they don't. Come on...shut up.

Don't get me wrong, I love both Lego and The Simpsons, but they really don't mix. Having said that, if Lego released a Simpsons set, I would definitely buy it.

Wanting to switch seats The Monorail's Avatar

Lego would be a nice opportunity for The Simpsons to raise interest around the globe since Lego is well-known and popular around the world, at least kids might start paying more attention when The Simpsons is on TV.

Or that's what I think, I aint no professor.

Then to a different subject, I was a huge Lego fan as a kid, so I'd buy Simpsons Legos just to get back to the golden childhood. I mean, if there ever will be those.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Futurama Legos would be much cooler. But Venture Bros. Legos would be even better than that!

As reported on the NHC Twitter feed, Simpsons Lego has now been officially confirmed for 2014.

26. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Kid Moe

Really hope they release a Simpsons home that opens to reveal all the rooms of the house.

The hunchback of Notre Dame Heeeere's Patrick's Avatar
    Blog Entries

how will the hair work? They don't have lego spikes
    Marge: oh Homie,you couldn't go on a hunger strike, you eat while you brush your teeth!

I'm just like Lisa!
    I'm Lisa, who are you? by The No Homers Club
    last episode watched:- The one where Mr. Burns tries to be a more lovable billionare 8/10

Making Lego products based on a show as crass, violent and inappropriate for children as The Simpsons will end civilization as we know it, apparently...
    Last edited by Gran2; 08-06-2013 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gran2 View Post
    Making Lego products based on a show as crass, violent and inappropriate for children as The Simpsons will end civilization as we know it, apparently...
    Haha! Wow. So a bunch of grown men on a LEGO forum who find The Simpsons to be the equivalent of adult entertainment?

I loved this bit:

I've seen screenshots of the Simpsons, and I've also watched it a couple of times. Not only do I find it downright stupid (no offense to anyone who likes it), there are scenes in it that should hardly be considered "okay" for children.

Losing LEGO Universe was an upsetting thing for me, and I, in my unhappiness, actually wished for LEGO have a downfall. But that was simply in my grief for losing something I loved (yes, I'm very poetic with this stuff). But on that note, I don't understand why it was so hard to KEEP LU up when they've made at least fourteen new themes... as well as two new MMO's... AND a movie.

But back to the topic at hand, I completely and totally agree with you. It is not right for children, at all.
    Seeing "screenshots"... that made me laugh. Do these dopes realize how much Simpsons merch exists for kids? Hell, I grew up with a room full of Simpsons stuff and had a brief LEGO obsession. Mid 90's me would be all over the LEGO Simpsons stuff!

Haha! Also, this quote from the LEGO forum:

True, Bart does not blow up the mall, but he pull somewhat of an explosive prank in the restroom at his school. He was rewarded by being sent to France as an exchange student. His dad and the principal were glad to be rid of him. Bart goes on to uncover an antifreeze in the wine operation and in the end calls his family stupid (in French). Yeah, wonderful family values, which is why I am a bit puzzled with this move.
    Complaining about Bart's hijinks in The Crepes of Wrath. A season 1 episode. What is this? 1990's news reports?

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gran2 View Post
    Wahahaha so much classic stuff there.

I don't like the Simpson's either and have never watched it.

Thread Information