View Poll Results: How do you rate "How I Wet Your Mother"? (PABF08)

Voters
118. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5: Homer & Mona forever!

27 22.88%
  • 4/5: A nice trip down dream lane.

43 36.44%
  • 3/5: Ahh, it feels soo good to dream; oh wait, I'm feeling damp...

18 15.25%
  • 2/5: I'm wet. Someone change me, now!

21 17.80%
  • 1/5: Well... It's not better than South Park.

9 7.63%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Rate and Review "How I Wet Your Mother" (PABF08)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

I quite liked this episode (gave it a 4/5). It comes behind "HOFP" and "The Book Job" but that's all ; so third best episode of this season for me.

However, one thing I do find has gone to hell in this season is Homer's voice. I know Dan still does Homer's voice (although sometimes I ask myself, does he really still do it...) but it's changed dramatically. And I've especially noticed it in this season. Politically Inept with Homer Simpson is the episode that gives the best example of the voice change. Anyhoo, hope the voice doesn't get any worse in seasons 24-25...

Banned
    Blog Entries

What are you talking about? They made him sound more serious and not so dumb all the time, that's the only change I see and hear.

Blog Entries

I almost forgot to mention...the fantasy Kwik-E-Mart is probably my favourite moment of the season so far.

"YOU GET YOUR CHANGE IN BACON!"
    Fun Fact: I hate heights

Quote Originally Posted by Homer I Am View Post
    Digital animation is awful, it lacks emotional expressions. All I see these days is everyone smiling or making no facial expressions at all, so.
    Also Digital Animation is really Limited when compared to Hand Drawn Animation
    The Old Simpons Episodes(particularly from Season 3 till 9) were far more detailed.The shadows were amazing for example.And it was faaaaaaaar more expressive
    Also the Digital Animation is far too bright it makes me wanna barf while Hand-Drawn is much easier on the eyes and more balanced

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThankYouComeAgain View Post
    The Old Simpons Episodes(particularly from Season 3 till 9) were far more detailed.The shadows were amazing for example.And it was faaaaaaaar more expressive
    Also the Digital Animation is far too bright it makes me wanna barf while Hand-Drawn is much easier on the eyes and more balanced
    It's still drawn by hand. It only looks stiffer BECAUSE IT'S DRAWN THAT WAY.

Well, ya'know if you stay positive and forget about trivial things like "proper characterization," "Satire," and "emotional depth" watching new Simpsons episodes can be a seemingly enjoyable lie.

"One of the keys to life is having a sense of proportion, knowing how long to sit at a restaurant after you've eaten, or how long you should go on vacation if you go to Hawaii for a month on vacation, I guarantee you that by the end you'll hate it. So it's the same with a TV show, you want to do a certain amount of it, so that when people look back on it and they love it. I could have easily done the show for one or two or three more years, but it would have changed the way people look back at it. I think I made the right decision. Because people like the show now even more than they did in the 1990s, because it didn't get worn out." -- Jerry Seinfeld

Digital animation is awful, it lacks emotional expressions. All I see these days is everyone smiling or making no facial expressions at all, so.
    The quality has little to do with whether it's digital or not. It's just cheap, static, sterile and rigid animation.
    Digital animation can be beautiful.

Blog Entries

The title of this episode sounds pretty dirty, now that I think about it.

Trying to nap Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The title has always sounded really dirty to me. I couldn't get past it. One of the worst titles ever, definitely.
    The original Favorite and least favorite by season
    Shorts: 1: The Pacifier Watching TV 2: World War III Maggie's Brain 3: Bathtime Scary Movie
    Episodes: 1: Krusty Gets Busted There's No Disgrace Like Home 2: Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3: Homer at the Bat Separate Vocations 4: Marge vs. the Monorail Krusty Gets Kancelled 5: Cape Feare Lady Bouvier's Lover 6: Homer Badman Lisa on Ice 7: King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8: Homer's Enemy Homer's Phobia 9: Bart Carny The Trouble with Trillions 10: Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: "Kidney Trouble" 11: Guess Who's Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12: HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13: Tales from the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15: The Ziff Who Came to Dinner Bart-Mangled Banner 16: A Star Is Torn She Used to Be My Girl 17: My Fair Laddy The Italian Bob 18: The Haw-Hawed Couple The Boys of Bummer 19: Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20: Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21: The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22: Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23: The Falcon and the D'ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24: Hardly Kirk-ing What Animated Women Want 25: The War of Art What to Expect When Bart's Expecting

Voted "Best Taste" in NHC awards. Therefore, I'm right, you're wrong.

...from Ullman to the grave! Tubbb!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Krikt View Post
    Lisa sitting having an ice-cream in front of her family home seems like quite a normal thing in life. A mad scientist flying into the scene to magically diagnose Homer's problem is something else. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't (formerly) Disco Stu happen to walk past at that moment too?
    Quite different, in my opinion.
    Lisa having ice cream in front of her house
    =
    Marge taking an evening walk.

Bart arriving in a magical trashcan and coughing up a fully-intact baseball cap
    =
    Frink falling from the sky.

By the way, I've watched that scene a few times, and I can make out what Frink says that leads to him falling from the sky:
    Frink: "I was trying to get past the New York Times paywall, and then, ka-boing!"
    but... what the Hell is a "paywall?" Taken in context, I assume it has something to do with the NYT website?

EDIT: I answered my own question.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paywall
    "Paywall" is a new term for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Jake View Post
    Now that I think about it, maybe I shouldn't watch Citizen Kane because I don't want to ruin my memories of "Rosebud."
    I don't want to ruin that movie for you, but...

...there is no "cane" in Citizen Kane.
    Last edited by Tubbb!; 03-14-2012 at 11:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedwaySquad View Post
    You liked this episode, I didn't. There's no need to get so worked up about it.
    "In Rand McNally, they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people!"
    "Oh, I've wasted my life."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tubb! View Post
    =

=
    Sorry, but when that episode was made, there really wasn't as specific layout to Springifeld and the Simpsons house in Season 1 could've been at the bottom of the hill where Bart was beaten up. Like I said above, the hat being coughed up was the only 100 percent unrealistic bit in that sequence, and bullying happens a lot more than your computer exploding and sending you flying through the air when you try to bypass a newspaper's pay site. Marge could've been in the living room arguing with Homer and Frink could've came crashing through the window and it wouldn't have been any more or less unrealistic than what happened.

And if you been reading, I said being unrealistic isn't automatically bad, it's just a lot less interesting if it's done as cheap filler with no deeper subtext, or satire.

Really??? Though still the Digital Tinkering ruins it a bit anyways

Blog Entries

They make it so meta in that segment that it's making me like it less and less.
    Quote Originally Posted by JESUS CHRIST 22
    dont bother saying how i spelt changed as chenged thats how its spelt in heaven
    Season 26 Ratings:
    ----

4 > 5 > 6 > 2 > 7 > 8 > 3 > 1 > 10 > 9 > 12 > 11 > 13 > 14 > 20 > 15 > 16 > 18 > 19 > 17 > 21 = 22 = 23 = 24 = 25

=

=

By the way, I've watched that scene a few times, and I can make out what Frink says that leads to him falling from the sky:
    Frink: "I was trying to get past the New York Times paywall, and then, ka-boing!"
    but... what the Hell is a "paywall?" Taken in context, I assume it has something to do with the NYT website?

EDIT: I answered my own question.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paywall
    "Paywall" is a new term for me.

I don't want to ruin that movie for you, but...

...there is no "cane" in Citizen Kane.
    That was just Lazy Animation nothing else they were lazy to make the Baseball Cap chewed up

=

=
    Do you not see the difference here, honestly? Bart has been launched in a trashcan and happens to arrive outside his home where Lisa is doing normal, kid-like things.
    With Marge doing a normal thing, a mad scientist then flies into the scene. Then Disco Stu teleports into the scene.
    My issue isn't just with the way that Zombie Simpsons can't string a plot together without having people teleporting, it's the way Frink immediately has the answer to Homer's problem. Oh he's wetting the bed, let's go into his dreams! There's no contemplation.

There's a heap of difference from the way the plot progresses. In the Simpsons, Bart needs to talk to Grandpa. That's either going to be at his home or the Retirement Center so they tie in what happened to Bart and end his journey with the cartoon-like hat coughing.
    With Zombie Simpsons, Marge needs to talk to Frink. Instead of being a natural progression, he literally flies into the scene.

Haha, Twitter! Paywall!

Banned
    Blog Entries

I won't bother replying to this since you have the troll face as your avatar.

Why would they make it so shit then? And I'm sure they use digital editing (colouring, etc.).

:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=: c l o n e's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I actually think the title falls in to the "so bad it's good" category. It's just so simply and blatantly bad that it's kinda amusing.

That was just Lazy Animation nothing else they were lazy to make the Baseball Cap chewed up

Sorry, but when that episode was made, there really wasn't as specific layout to Springifeld and the Simpsons house in Season 1 could've been at the bottom of the hill where Bart was beaten up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedwaySquad View Post
    Should I repeat myself with smaller words, would that make my explanation easier to understand?

:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=: c l o n e's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's not that I disagree with your point, it's just the whole "season 1 didn't have a specific layout for Springfield" seems like a lousy way to back it up. There's no specific layout now, there never has been. In retrospect it probably didn't deserve a

Junior Camper

In what way is the title dirty? Could someone explain it to an idiot.

Trying to nap Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It sounds like Homer telling a story about how he ejaculated on Marge.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer I Am View Post
    I won't bother replying to this since you have the troll face as your avatar.
    Bitch please
    You know Im right that's why You wont reply to me

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Financial Panther View Post
    It sounds like Homer telling a story about how he ejaculated on Marge.
    new sig

Blog Entries

Sounds like a your mom joke or something.

Blog Entries

I was just thinking this, but ok

Food-Crazed Maniac Oh, that's raspberry!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Did you ever expect to post that in a Simpsons episode thread?

Banned
    Blog Entries

Bitch please
    You know Im right that's why You wont reply to me
    No you weren't, you were probably just being sarcastic towards my post thinking I'd be fooled by it.

ooooooooooooooooooh leprechaun_dan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Very satisfied with this episode. Brought back memories seeing Zutroy (as well as many other SNPP employees), The Ullman animation, Bart's mouth twisty thing, Mona and the Homer Ride. The writers are on a roll this time. People expect so much from them these days, but I believe this episode was spot on. And I had no problem with the dancing Bart gag. And the Talking Heads song in the credits was a nice extra treat.

4.5/5, rounded to a 4
    [SIZE=1] Check out my South Park episode ideas in my user notes (Note: It's the fifth and last note): http://www.nohomers.net/usernote.php...ewuser&u=41294

"I got blisters on me fingers!" ~ Ringo Starr (Helter Skelter)

Led Zeppelin IV > Houses of the Holy > Physical Graffiti > Led Zeppelin II > Led Zeppelin I > Led Zeppelin III > Presence > In Through the Out Door > Coda

R.I.P. Marcia "Edna" Wallace! Edgar Allan Moz's Avatar

I realize that the staff wasn't being crude with it by any means but I can see how people would be off-put by the episode name. It just seems like they were trying too hard to be clever or couldn't come up with an original name and tried to play off another (supposedly) hit television show name.

We already know that swapping a letter is the epitome of Zombie Simpsons satire, so I'm not surprised they kept the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Krikt View Post
    We already know that swapping a letter is the epitome of Zombie Simpsons satire, so I'm not surprised they kept the title.
    They took the title "How I Met Your Mother" and flipped an M upside down to form a different word. The most unclever pun possible.

Thread Information