View Poll Results: How do you rate "How I Wet Your Mother"? (PABF08)

Voters
143. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5: Homer & Mona forever!

43 30.07%
  • 4/5: A nice trip down dream lane.

50 34.97%
  • 3/5: Ahh, it feels soo good to dream; oh wait, I'm feeling damp...

19 13.29%
  • 2/5: I'm wet. Someone change me, now!

21 14.69%
  • 1/5: Well... It's not better than South Park.

10 6.99%
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Rate and Review "How I Wet Your Mother" (PABF08)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Zombies Rise from the Sea

Rate and Review "How I Wet Your Mother" (PABF08)

March 11th, 2012: How I Wet Your Mother
    When Homer's bed-wetting worsens, his family tries to infiltrate his dreams to find the source of the problem.

Blog Entries

A little early, ya think?
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

Good to see Mona in the 3rd act. I could've done without that useless music track. The first act was hilarious. I always enjoyed episodes with Homer's mother and this was no exception. I also enjoyed the Tracy Ullman short. That brought back memories.
    4/5. B+.

Was it true that the character Mona was named after Richard Appel's ex-wife?

Act one was classic. Everything else was pretty bad. The Tracy Ullman parody was funny. By the end it was stupid and pointless. 2/5.
    You are hearing me talk.

Blog Entries

2.5/5, it was really dumb but had some good visual gags. I especially loved the "Family Therapy" sort-of remake. I'm disappointed there was no "frosty chocolate milkshake".
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatorgod View Post
    Back in the day, Daffy & Donald were polar opposites, providing a much needed diverse, full spectrum to the public's Duck entertainment needs.

The part with Tracy Ullman Simpsons really takes you back, dosen't it? Great to see the Walter Mathau voicework again from, Dan. ^_^

"Homer: I've always wondered if there was a god. And now I know there is. And it's me."
    - Homer the Great

"Bart: Lis, today I am a god.
    Lisa: Is that why you're sitting on an ice cream sandwich?
    Bart: Eww!"
    - Bart's Inner Child

Food-Crazed Maniac Oh, that's raspberry!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Anyone else notice the past Homer cut-outs at the roller coaster? I saw King-Size Homer and Pie Man Homer but there were others...

"Come on, everbody, feel Daddy's underpants!"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Oh, that's raspberry! View Post
    Anyone else notice the past Homer cut-outs at the roller coaster? I saw King-Size Homer and Pie Man Homer but there were others...
    I saw Mr. Plow and Hulk Homer.

Has glower power Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Act one was classic? I actually though the first act was by far the weakest. I don't think I smiled once during that act. Other than that, the episode was all right. I've never seen Inception, so a lot of it was pretty confusing, but once they entered Homer's dreamworld, the jokes picked up. Granted, a couple were extremely cringeworthy, such as Bart dancing. However, I did like the Ullmann Simpsons, and the episode as a whole wasn't awful. Low 3/5.

Banned
    Blog Entries

I refuse to vote anymore... Ghost Simpsons strikes again...

It wasn't good... it wasn't bad... it was ghastly insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries

Wow...5/5. A pleasant surprise! I thought the episode had fantastic structure and gags (Normal Stu, Lenny's 'who the hell are you?', Homer at the store, Frink, the dreams, Homer's original voice, the references) and the characters were likeable.

I thought the conclusion of Homer's problems were fantastic and I loved the family sentiment between Homer and his parents. Nothing was dragged on too much which was a nice change.

Only downside: The ending. It was, um, a bit there to be there in my opinion. However, a good effort by the writing staff for today's standards. Bravo!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Financial Panther View Post
    Granted, a couple were extremely cringeworthy, such as Bart dancing.
    This, contender for worst "joke" in the series.

"went to pick up cigarettes" Tubbb!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Initial thoughts: Homer pisses the bed, the family goes into his dreams to figure out what's bugging him, and Mona Simpson is involved? I feel just like I did before "HOFP" aired: If this is not done well, it's going to be one Hell of a train wreck! From what I've seen in the promotional images for this episode, they'll be using the design of Mona with gray hair. I'd really like to see her '60s incarnation with the bouffant hairdo again. We'll see.... Here goes nothing.

Now, that's what a couch gag should be! Short and to the point. Nice.

ACT ONE:
    I'm seeing some of the original power plant worker designs in this opening act, including Zutroy.

Homer: "Karma's a bitch, karma!"
    Homer's texts:

(Nice little opening act with a solid, regular premise. Nothing too "stand out.")

ACT TWO:
    Homer: "AGH! Why can't I cork my wang wine?"

Homer's "I'm Sorry" party, aka "'Pardon Me' Picnic."

(Wow, they really are using some of the original power plant employees! I'm impressed.)

Frink cures Disco Stu:
    "Normal Stu likes normal things!"

(So far, so good!)

ACT THREE:
    Awesome! One of Homer's dream levels is Ullman Simpsons!

ACT FOUR:
    Nothing special to point out in this act, so here's some images from this act:

(I will point out that if this is supposed to be two weeks before Mona leaves Abe, both Mona and Abe look extremely different than they did in "Mother Simpson.")

(EDIT: Well, maybe not that different. But still... Abe looked more haggard in "Mother Simpson.")

I'll be damned. I liked this one. 4/5.
    Last edited by Tubbb!; 03-11-2012 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Now... with pictures!
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedwaySquad View Post
    You liked this episode, I didn't. There's no need to get so worked up about it.
    "In Rand McNally, they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people!"
    "Oh, I've wasted my life."

Banned
    Blog Entries

It was insane and the writers are on drugs.

It was so all over the place I do not and know where not to begin... so many bad, great, stupid, awesome, fun moments the entire time.

It didn't know when to be jokey and when to emotional, I laughed a bunch... and I also cringed a lot... but somehow it had heart while being gutless, everything was totally working against what made it work!

I hated about 1/3 of it, I loved 1/3, I was confused by 1/3.

I cannot rate what is no longer considered by me to be televison, this is pure insanity now.

WTF is going on!!!!

I give it ice cream cone out of cement bag... is that crazy enough for you SIMPSONS writers.
    Last edited by The Angry Animated Comedy Nerd; 03-11-2012 at 04:52 PM.

This episode was way better than I was expecting, but that's because my expectations could not have been lower to begin with. My biggest fear was that they would play up the bedwetting too much, which they avoided for the most part. "The Embarassing Problems Superstore" was probably cliched, but quite funny. I also liked the Tracy Ullman sequence and the idea of Homer's inner world. The first act was really strong, but I thought they had actually put next week's episode on by mistake. In fact, only one or two jokes really bombed for me. I thought the overt Inception references were cliche, and Bart's dance sequence was too long and unfunny. I haven't seen Eternal Sunshine, so I guess I can't compare it to "Eternal Moonshine", but it seemed like the references in that one were much more subdued. Overall, I'd say this is the best episode of 2012, so far, which admitably, isn't saying much.
    Last edited by thewalkindude; 03-11-2012 at 04:46 PM.

Blog Entries

Didn't they kill off Mona just so Glenn Close couldn't guest star in the show anymore? Oh, you writers.

I don't know what I should think of this episode ! It's sure that I will watch it a second time before I say if it's good or bad.

I will do my full review during the week.
    My Simpsons Season 26 Ratings/Reviews:
    Clown in the Dumps : 1/5 / The Wreck of the Relationship : 3,5/5 / Super Franchise Me : 3/5 / Simpson Horror Show XXV : 2,75/5

Hired Goon
    Blog Entries

Very good. Straight to the point and didn't linger on stupid stuff (for the most part). I liked the callbacks to the old day (the Tracy Ullman scene and Homer having a monologue with his brain. When was the last time they did that?) I give it a 4/5 (B)
    My Simpsons Season Rankings:
    6 > 7 > 3 > 5 > 8 > 4 > 2 > 1 > 9 > 15 > 13 > 14 > 10 > 16 > 12 > 11 > 22 > 21 > 17 > 25 > 24 > 18 > 26 > 20 > 19 > 23

Quote Originally Posted by handsome
    honestly the most burning question i had about you was if you had seen every disney movie so i'm glad that got out of the way first

4/5

I liked this episode. The dream sequences were really fascinating especially the scene that was drawn like the Tracey Ullman Era. The cameo by Mona Simpson was quite good and so was the town made out of food and beer. The end scene of Homer and Marge riding bicycles naked was a good callback to The Simpsons Movie. The only problem was Homer developing a bedwetting problem and the embarrassment was in poor taste. They could've just had him suffering from sleepless nights.

What I have noticed is with the first act we see everyone except Homer with their jobs in jeopardy. Were they attempting a creative callback to the episode that airs next week?

Banned
    Blog Entries

Writers + Drugs = Tonights Episode. outta

Simply the most bi-polar episode ever.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by irvine_11 View Post
    Homer having a monologue with his brain. When was the last time they did that?
    Last week.

And I think they also did this two weeks ago, no ?

Food-Crazed Maniac Oh, that's raspberry!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Like many I haven't seen Inception, though I got one or two of the references through minimal research. I think this was probably better than last week, but just barely. First, the complaints: Bart dancing while in the sky was not funny AND went on too long. Marge's willingness to ride a bicycle naked even in a dream was stupid and out of character so weak ending. The Mona involvement was hinted at throughout, but the actual resolution scene and glimpse of Homer's childhood felt kinda rushed and underwhelming. It was still sufficient, but I was hoping for a bit more, some more time could've helped but this one seemed to have too much stuff what with the short opening and all.

Aside from that the episode was enjoyable enough and had several very funny moments. The Ullman scene was probably the highlight but it wasn't alone. Watching the many Moes being killed was funnier than it should've been. Lenny's response to the worker at Homer's party seemed like a retake line but was good. Carl eating the pinata Homer's heart was also funny. Frink was used nicely and got several good lines. Homer in the diaper trying to look sexy was also something I probably found funnier than I should've. The story flowed reasonably well and had an enjoyable energy behind it, it felt like they had fun writing it. Glenn Close's appearance was appreciated and I even liked the song over the ending credits.

There were more funny scenes/jokes but this is getting redundant, so I'll say 4/5 on the initial viewing.

PS: Smithers took care of those robots in the beginning - anyone else immediately think of next week?

heeeals! you guys are brutal! zach's Avatar

not too bad. better than the last episode. yeah the family therapy thing was the best. i just love the way they look (and homer's voice).

(in terms of new episodes) 2.5/5

I missed it, who wrote this episode ?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AlexandreLeblanc View Post
    I missed it, who wrote this episode ?
    Ian Maxtone-Graham and Billy Kimball

Quote Originally Posted by Tubb! View Post
    Ian Maxtone-Graham and Billy Kimball
    Thanks Tubb!

Banned
    Blog Entries

To some-what rip-off a post I wrote...

It was touchingly beautiful, yet poignantly sad, but somehow meaningful, it was a thrill-acoaster of laughs, it also was bottom of the barrel tripe, whilst being banal and stupidily assuming, it was also somehow cold, lifeless, and dull while it still maintaing a level of dementia never before seen on T.V. screens.

It was just pure insanity...filled with a little heart, and strangely spills, chills, and yes... polar opposite doldrums as well.

In other words.. A l l O ve R Th e Pl a c 3 and BIi i P OL LAL AA RR.

Just like all my seemingly random posts if you didn't get the joke.

It was like they took a classic episode and feed it liqour and drugs and smashed it together with a Scully era episode... it was a heinously beautiful shit storm of pure brazen insanity.
    Last edited by The Angry Animated Comedy Nerd; 03-11-2012 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oh, that's raspberry! View Post

Thread Information