View Poll Results: How would you rate this episode?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5 El Barto Approved!

5 5.32%
  • 4/5 Thank You, Come Again!

34 36.17%
  • 3/5 Okay work, but nothing to praise.

21 22.34%
  • 2/5 The writer of this wishes he could stay anonymous...

16 17.02%
  • 1/5 Sweatshop abomination...

18 19.15%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Rate and Review: "Exit Through the Kwik-E-Mart" (PABF09)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Homer I Am View Post
    Haha, I'm the one getting banned yet he's the one making fun of me?
    I'm sure when you get bad grades in school, it' society's fault, too, right?

Wow, you have no fucking clue do you? This is the fucking internet, you can't scream in it unless you use a microphone and your client has speakers.
    Somehow the words "Insert Brain Here" on Homer's head just doesn't quite fully cut it for you.

Well, ya'know if you stay positive and forget about trivial things like "proper characterization," "Satire," and "emotional depth" watching new Simpsons episodes can be a seemingly enjoyable lie.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Everyone your making me cry.. then Lisa cried, then Homer cried, then Maggie laughed... shes such a little trooper.

Let us all just go ahead and watch some Simpsons DVD's and laugh whilst unwinding, this thread is getting away from what it is meant for.

Anyway.. am I the only one whom found this episode flat-out bizzare?
    Last edited by The Angry Animated Comedy Nerd; 03-08-2012 at 12:34 PM.

1 good post in every 5 The Spruce Moose's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I am watching real Simpsons. I've got Bart Gets Hit By A Car on, now that's a 5/5 episode
    Come check out The Simpsons Hurt and Heal Tournament II - Season 14

4 = 6 > 3 > 5 > 2 = 7 > 8 > 1 > 9 > 10 > 14 > 15 > 11 > 12 > 13 > 16 > 18 > 17 and who gives a fuck after that

Blog Entries

This thread has *cough' taken an interesting direction...

Banned
    Blog Entries

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by The Spruce Moose View Post
    I am watching real Simpsons. I've got Bart Gets Hit By A Car on, now that's a 5/5 episode
    That is a good one, I was just watching "Mountain of Madness" a few minutes ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleedin' Gums Murphy View Post
    Oh the irony.
    Umad
    Quote Originally Posted by Riviera View Post
    They're really called plots. Acts are the different segments of episodes between commercials.
    But to me it really doesnt seem to have 4 acts.Or maybe one of the acts was so short that it just gave me the illusion that this has 2 or 3 acts.
    My point was the Episode Felt LONG!

I haven't even watched the episode. I got 5 min in and had to turn it off. Cool couch gag though. But this thread is more embarrassing than any Simpsons episode could be.

Banned
    inside of your skeleton, slowly feeding away at your insides,
    Blog Entries

This thread is crying for help...

Banned

That's our lolcats.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThankYouComeAgain View Post
    Umad

But to me it really doesnt seem to have 4 acts.Or maybe one of the acts was so short that it just gave me the illusion that this has 2 or 3 acts.
    My point was the Episode Felt LONG!
    Hi for I can help you be
    For I ney do this for courtesy

^Please enroll for Mental Hospital.Thanks B-Bye

Banned

Considering you laughed during this episode, YOU are the one that should enroll in a psychiatric ward mate.

Banned
    inside of your skeleton, slowly feeding away at your insides,
    Blog Entries

That's our lolcats.
    Good god... I thought we were past this...

Banned

lolcats I thought you were passed your random threads/videos mate.

Considering you laughed during this episode, YOU are the one that should enroll in a psychiatric ward mate.
    If I was a squeeler I'd inmeddiately report you .But Im not
    I laughed but I didnt laugh outloud more like a giggle here and there.
    Respect other's opinions Jackass

28 votes of 4/5 or above make baby Jesus cry

___________________ Bella Drape 'er's Avatar

I don't remember what happened in the main-plot.

Apu's side-plot was executed badly.

2/5 as usual.
    "Don't waste your moments in life, you never know when you'll stop waking up." MARYAM ZAREI
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I'm a writer, I use people for what I write...let the world beware." CATHERINE TRAMELL

I was not sure what to expect before watching this episode. I must say it was still a pleasant surprise even though the episode was far from excellence. I did not know how the episode would be after reading the summary. I would have expected a centric episode on Apu, but unfortunately that is not what happened, but at least the story of Bart and Milhouse I was not too disappointed so it is perhaps not a bad thing after all.

For originality, Exit Through the Kwik-E-Mart does not look like too much to an other episode that we have already seen. The only thing I find somewhat less original is the duo of Milhouse and Bart that we see every time we have a story on Bart. Warning, what I just said applies only for season 23 because if I remember correctly, it was not the case in Season 22. At least, I love Milhouse and these two boys do great stories together but I hope it will not be repeated too often because I'm sure it'll bug me if it's always like this. Should not it turn out like what happened with Skinner and Chalmers.

Side of the scenario, I prefer the first act to the next because I like the ambiance at the beginning. It's the birthday of Marge and Homer wants to offer her a perfect gift for you know what... However, I did not really like the fact that the woman who called at home starts to hate Marge like that because she does not even know her. The fact to get a rabbit in the family was a good idea, but I would like to see him again in future episodes. It would be really good by the screenwriters. Subsequently, Bart tries to take revenge on Homer because he has locked him in the cage of rabbits by doing graffiti. I am a little less fans of the end, but I will say anything about it for those who had not yet seen the episode. Side of Apu, the story is well I guess, but it is far too short and it comes back to normal for Apu too easily. The writers should have kept this story for a single episode.

Now for the gags. There are still a few in this episode but it's not the episode that contains the most. They are:

- The pure-station 3, which refers to the Playstation 3.
    - The battle with the little plastic swords between Homer and Apu. It's a real dumb but I was still laughing.
    - Homer has changed the sign "Bad birthday Flanders" by blocking the bad for happy and change Marge for Flanders. One of the best gags in the episode elsewhere.
    - Homer falling asleep in the cage of the rabbit after Bart is out.
    - Drederick Tattum with pigeons.
    - With what the new market that had ruined Apu do his food (I'll leave the surprise).
    - Bart's head swells, I was very glad it was a dream for I really would not like it at this point cartoonise Bart!
    - The end with Bart who managed to disappear from the cage.
    I imagine there are many others but these are the ones that I recall.

Finally, I found this episode good but below the daughter Also Rises and replaceable you. I think it's an episode of the same level as the food wife even if I find a little better so I'll give the same note, therefore a 3,25/5 => 3 in the poll.
    My Simpsons Season 24 Ratings/Reviews:
    Moonshine River (2,25/5) / Treehouse Of Horror XXIII (3,5/5) / Adventures in Baby-Getting (3,25/5) / Gone Abie Gone (3,5/5) / Penny Wise-Guys (3/5) / A Tree Grows in Springfield (1,75/5) / The Day The Earth Stood Cool (3,75/5) / To Cur with Love (4/5) / Homer Goes to Prep School (3/5) / A Test Before Trying (3,5/5) / The Changing of the Guardian (1,25/5) / Love is a Many-Splintered Thing (2,75/5) / Hardly Kirk-ing (3,25/5) / Gorgeous Grampa (2,25/5) / Black-Eyed, Please (3,75/5) / Dark Knight Court (3/5) / Pulpit Friction (3,25/5)

Futurama - Season 7 :
    The Bots and the Bees : 3,75/5 / A Farewell to Arms : 4/5 / Decision 3012 : 3,5/5 / The Thief of Baghead : 3,25/5 / Zapp Dingbat : 2/5 / The Butterjunk Effect : 2,5/5 / The Six Million Dollar Mon : 4/5 / Fun On A Bun : 3,75/5 / Free Will Hunting : 2,25/5 / Near-Death Wish : 3,75/5 / 31st Century Fox : 3,5/5 / Viva Mars Vegas : 4/5 / Naturama : 2,5/5

Everyone's an artist. Hot Chocolate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

When I first saw the title, I thought it would be quite interesting. Act 1 was played out nicely in the description of the episode. But aside from that, the plot about Apu's business was too short. When Manjula went to tell Apu that the healthy food stores was closing, I think the conclusion to Apu's story was way too direct.

I'll give the episode 3/5. I think if Apu's story was written better, it could easily be a 4/5.
    Last edited by Hot Chocolate; 03-13-2012 at 08:40 PM.

Banned

Ernie

And the overall episode out of 5?

Man these threads have gotten pretty silly. well, sillier.

I voted 4/5, lulz. i was laughing at most of it & the only thing I disliked were the "celebrity" appearances that weren't needed and tend to never feel natural. fun episode otherwise.

I must say, this episode wasn't too bad really. The Mart piece had the funny signs, Bart and Homer got some funny moments, and only the celebrities and the Apu-Manjula part stood out as mostly useless, and even they had 1 good line each. (Should be aiming higher than that, but whatever). 3/5, which sadly seems to be the limit for the current show (HOFP aside), but that's a different point for a different time

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bartist View Post
    28 votes of 4/5 or above make baby Jesus cry
    46.87% of votes for 4/5 and 5/5 make baby Jebus cry.

Banned

1/5

Banned
    Blog Entries

I actually wish I'd voted 1/5 or 2/5.. but again it was so weird.. and I did in fact like some aspects of it... that I gave it a 3/5.
    Last edited by The Angry Animated Comedy Nerd; 03-13-2012 at 02:38 PM.

The plot was one big whatever and Apu's subplot felt very force in... Some ok jokes on the way

Yet another middle of the road modern episode. It had its funny moments but they could have focused more on the Apu plot as many have said.

3/5, 6/10
    I'm just like Bart!
    I'm Bart, who are you? by The No Homers Club

Well... fuck.

That's good internet right there.

Good episode, I don't liked the plot but had good jokes. Rounding up, 4/5
    Sorry for my english, i use the translator

EXIT THROUGH THE KWIK-E-MART
    Well this wasn't a piece of art

BEFORE THE CHAPTER
    * I am not a big fan of graffiti but it's a interesting idea for a chapter, specially because we've never seen a chapter who had focused in that theme. I also was waiting to see more of apu (but that didn't happen )

VERY GOOD
    +
    +
    +

GOOD
    + Paula Paul getting angry in the incoming calls made laugh for some reason
    + Homer singing the main theme
    + Milhouse confusing his inhaler with paint and Bart saying to him "Here, drink this
    paint thinner"
    + Homer talking with his brain
    + My favorites graffitis of Bart

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    +
    + Bart apologizing to Homer was a great scene "You just ruined my car" "Correction, it's worth ten times as much." "$500! Whoo-hoo!"

BAD
    - The fight with the little swords. That was really dumb
    - Homer saying "one.." repeatedly (I hate those jokes)
    - Bart in the bunny's cage (except for the joke I pointed in the "Very good" section)
    - Guest stars

FINAL THOUGHS
    * In my opinion this chapter was boring, There are funny things but most of the chapter feel weak
    * the apu plot only last three scenes. THREE!
    * The bunny had a dark secret. I am sure

you are going to kill me because I am not sure how write in english
    The Simpsons - Season 24:Moonshine River: B+ |Treehouse Of Horror XXIII: A- |Adventures In Baby-Getting: B+ |Gone Abie Gone: B+ |Penny-Wiseguys: C+ |A Tree Grows in Springfield: B- |The Day the Earth Stood Cool: B+ |To Cur with Love: B |Homer Goes To Prep School: A- |A Test Before Trying: B+ |The Changing Of The Guardian: B+ |Love Is A Many-Splintered Thing: B- |Hardly Kirk-ing: B+ |Gorgeous Grampa: B |Black-Eyed, Please: B- |Dark Knight Court: A- |What Animated Women Want: C |Pulpit Friction: B |Whisky Business: B+ |The Fabulous Faker Boy: C+ |The Saga Of Carl: B- |Dangers On A Train: B+
    Family guy - Season 12: Finders Keepers: C+ |Vestigial Peter: B+ |Quagmire's Quagmire: C+ |A Fistful of Meg: B- |Boopa-dee Bappa-dee: C | Life of Brian: B+ | Into Harmony's Way: B | Christmas Guy: B- | Peter Problems: C | Grimm Job: C- | Brian's a Bad Father: C+ | Mom's the Word: C | 3 Acts of God: B- | Fresh Heir: D+ | Secondhand Spoke: C | Herpe the Love Sore: C- | The Most Interesting Man in the World: B-
    American dad - Season 9: Steve & Snot's Test-Tubular Adventure: A- |Poltergasm: B |Buck, Wild: B |Crotchwalkers: B+ |Kung Pao Turkey: C+ |Independent Movie: A- |Faking Bad: B+ | Minstrel Krampus: B- | Vision: Impossible: B | Familyland: A- | Cock of the Sleepwalk: B | Introducing the Naughty Stewardesses: B- | I Ain't No Holodeck Boy: C+ | Stan Goes on the Pill: B | Honey, I'm Homeland: B- | She Swill Survive: A-
    Bob's burgers - Season 4: A River Runs Through Bob: C+ |Fort Night: A- |Seaplane!: B- |My Big Fat Greek Bob: B |Turkey in a Can: B+ |Purple Rain-Union: B |Bob and Deliver: A- | Christmas in the Car: B+ | Slumber Party: A- | Presto Tina-o: B | Easy Com-mercial, Easy Go-mercial: B | The Frond Files: B+ | Mazel-Tina: A- | Uncle Teddy: B | The Kids Rob a Train: B- | I Get Psy-chic Out of You: B | The Equestranauts: B+

Blog Entries

What I liked:

"This could be a Marge's Birthday where I have sex!"

"Quiet night. Nothing but the sound of a spray can and kids laughing."

Homer falling asleep in the cage

"For once the Indian has been outsourced!"

"How was I supposed to know parents had feelings?"

the ending

not one of the funnier episodes of the season but it had some laughs and the plot was alright. 3/5 seems right

Thread Information