Thread: the new springfield connection

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

also known as andy? Homer the Moe's Avatar

the new springfield connection

as this is a redesign, i thought i'd post it in its own thread.

the springfield connection has redesigned!

http://springfieldconnection.net

i've tried to keep the best and most recognisable bits from our old design, but make them a bit fresher. which means there's still lots of pink and donuts.
    the homepage is grid-based, which lets me showcase the site's content like the old one did. it's super-flexible, and will be regularly updated to highlight anything that's topical or new. some of the links expand, so for example if you click on "what's on today?", it shows you the full titles, synopsis and link to the episode guide for every episode that's on sky 1 and channel 4 today. likewise, clicking on season 23 shows you some stats about the season so far, details of the upcoming episode and links to the last six episodes that have aired. there's also a search box to find any episode straight from the homepage.
    there's a new navigation that's consistent across the homepage and the internal pages, and section navigation in the footer. any page that i've recently redone has generally been left untouched and has moved over to the new design with no hassle. but some pages have been completely revamped and updated.

content-wise, i've finally got around to uploading some new, extra large avatars that are 200x200 pixels. they're great for twitter or any site which automatically resizes pictures.

i've been working on this since september, and coding it since october, so i'd really appreciate any comments you have. likewise any bug reports - i've gone through and there should be no problems, aside from a couple of ie issues which i'm hoping to address with any other bugs over the coming weeks.

my name's andy, and i have some websites. i think they're quite good.
    take a look at nohomers' favourite episodes with the springfield connection episode guide
    follow @springfieldconn on twitter or with drain

Same Avatar, Different Shit Zombies Rise from the Sea's Avatar

I'm poking around; the new design does manage to be even more useful then before while still retaining the stylistic look that makes the simpsons connection so unique; plus the sections that you did redesign look really, really amazing. All in all I have to say you did a very good job, you made a website more useful while still making it look unique.
    My Simpsons Season 25 Ratings/Reviews:
    Homerland (3.5/10) Treehouse of Horror XXIV (5.0/10) Four Regrettings and a Funeral (4.0/10) YOLO (4.5/10) Labor Pains (5.0/10) The Kid is All Right (3.0/10) Yellow Subterfuge (5.5/10) White Christmas Blues (1.5/10) Steal This Episode (7.0/10) Married to the Blob (5.5/10) Specs and the City (4.5/10)

that looks brilliant, man. fantastic work. so clean and sleek.

Blog Entries

looks great and windows 8-y. nice for highlighting new (and old) content, I hadn't seen the map thing before. thank you for keeping the draggable logo, that was the best part of the old design

my only nitpick is that it was kind of hard to differentiate between the different clickable things at first, they all kind of blurred together for me

lust 4 quagland HANDSOME.S4.COMPLETE.XviD's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The future is here! That design is great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Moe
    The only thing you've managed to do is piss us off. You are a fucking prick, and it's people like you that are bringing this damn country down.

also known as andy? Homer the Moe's Avatar

thanks for the comments everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Homer View Post
    looks great and windows 8-y. nice for highlighting new (and old) content, I hadn't seen the map thing before. thank you for keeping the draggable logo, that was the best part of the old design

my only nitpick is that it was kind of hard to differentiate between the different clickable things at first, they all kind of blurred together for me
    i had to keep the draggable logo! it's not quite as smooth as in the old design, because the whole thing is centred now, but i thought i'd leave it in as a bit of an easter egg.

Thread Information