Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The NHC Top 100 Episodes

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

vomit inducing condescension hamm's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Three Men and a Comic Book and A Fish Called Selma are disgracefully low.

1 good post in every 5 The Spruce Moose's Avatar
    Blog Entries

man, would've had Homer's Phobia and Lisa on Ice much higher than that. Oh well
    Come check out The Simpsons Hurt and Heal Tournament II - Season 14

4 = 6 > 3 > 5 > 2 = 7 > 8 > 1 > 9 > 10 > 14 > 15 > 11 > 12 > 13 > 16 > 18 > 17 and who gives a fuck after that

Selma's getting more popular over the years! Maybe one day she will find true lasting love! (I'm not volunteering, though.)

Itchy & Scratchy & Marge is embarrassingly low same with A Streetcar Named Marge. Lisa on Ice and Homer Goes to College shouldn't be anywhere near the top 100

___________________ Bella Drape 'er's Avatar

I'm glad "When Flanders Failed" and "Saturdays of Thunder" managed to sneak into the top 100. They're very underrated episodes around here.

Bart vs. Australia is at a good place. But I'd prefer it to be much higher like my ranking (#33).

But these results aren't bad; Looking forward to the rest.
    "Don't waste your moments in life, you never know when you'll stop waking up." MARYAM ZAREI
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I'm a writer, I use people for what I write...let the world beware." CATHERINE TRAMELL

might do something not nice Jims's Avatar
    Blog Entries

#60-41 has been posted.

THE PTA DISBANDS AT 48!!!! I AM DISGRUNTLED AT THIS!!!! Also Treehouse of Horror IV should be way higher. It's the second best Treehouse episode after, TOH V, IMO. Still it's a very great list
    Last edited by joe007ofrockk; 02-15-2012 at 05:18 PM.
    Top Five Episodes: The PTA Disbands, Last Exit to Springfield, Mr. Plow, Marge vs. the Monorail and Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jims View Post
    55. Boy Scoutz N the Hood
    54. Trilogy of Error

Can't complain about #60-41 at all really. Lisa's Sax could have been a little higher, but that's about it.
    The list is looking pretty good. Can't wait for tomorrow's results.

___________________ Bella Drape 'er's Avatar

The Boy Who Knew Too Much at #57...
    One Fish, Two Fish, Blowfish, Blue Fish is also surprising low.

Still, this gives me high hopes for Stark Raving Dad...if it's reached the top 40 of course.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by joe007ofrockk View Post
    THE PTA DISBANDS AT 48!!!! I AM DISGRUNTLED AT THIS!!!! Also Treehouse of Horror IV should be way higher. It's the second best Treehouse episode after, TOH V, IMO. Still it's a very great list
    Hey, The PTA Disbands wasn't even on the list 8 years ago, so maybe in another 8 years, it'll be #1.

And we may or may not see Treehouse of Horror V later. I'm not confirming or denying anything.

In this set of episodes, I'm happy to see the likes of The PTA Disbands, Bart's Comet, and Homer the Smithers get some respect. All 3 of those episodes are really solid entries but are rarely talked about in general. I feel like, especially in the case of Bart's Comet, it's an episode that is a jack-of-all-trades... It has an emotional core, but there are plenty of episodes with much stronger ones. It's also a funny episode, but it's not one you'd say is one of the funniest ever.

That "Que Sera Sera" reveal with the town is one of the most overlooked great moments in Simpsons history. Even if it is kinda corny.

*Kind of annoyed that Homer the Vigilante and The City of New York vs Homer Simpson made it this high, though. Never been able to stand either episode very much.

*Financial Panther does not approve of this part of this post

Blog Entries

I had to thumb that up RIGHT when he added that last part? Grr!

Anyhoo, Bart's Comet is WAAAAAAY too low. It's an amazing episode, and I have no idea what keeps it being a top ten finisher.
    The original Favorite and least favorite by season
    Shorts: 1: The Pacifier Watching TV 2: World War III Maggie's Brain 3: Bathtime Scary Movie
    Episodes: 1: Krusty Gets Busted The Telltale Head 2: Bart Gets an F The War of the Simpsons 3: Homer at the Bat Separate Vocations 4: Marge vs. the Monorail Krusty Gets Kancelled 5: Cape Feare Lady Bouvier's Lover 6: Homer Badman Lisa on Ice 7: King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8: Simpsoncalifragilisticexpialad'ohcious Homer's Phobia 9: Bart Carny The Trouble with Trillions 10: Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: "Kidney Trouble" 11: Guess Who's Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12: HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13: Tales from the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15: The Ziff Who Came to Dinner Bart-Mangled Banner 16: A Star Is Torn She Used to Be My Girl 17: My Fair Laddy The Italian Bob 18: The Haw-Hawed Couple The Boys of Bummer 19: Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20: Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21: The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22: Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23: The Falcon and the D'ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24: Hardly Kirk-ing What Animated Women Want 25: The War of Art What to Expect When Bart's Expecting

Voted "Best Taste" in NHC awards. Therefore, I'm right, you're wrong.

I think Bart's Comet did pretty good. It's something of a sleeper hit in a season full of classics though.
    PTA Disbands was way higher than I thought it would be, just take some pride in the fact your vote helped tip it into the Top 50.

Blog Entries

thought One Fish and The PTA Disbands would be higher, glad Homie the Clown, Homer the Vigilante, The Boy Who Knew Too Much, Colonel Homer and Burns Verkaufen der Kraftwerk are up there as I didn't think they'd finish so high.

Blog Entries

Homer the Vigilante is a great episode. Unfortunately, its name has been tarnished forever...

Blog Entries

It's all dirty and violated. Bet that gives you a boner, pervert

Blog Entries

52. Homer the Smithers
    51. The Itchy and Scratchy and Poochie Show

44. Itchy & Scratchy Land
    41. One Fish, Two Fish, Blowfish, Blue Fish
    Favourite/least favourite by seasons that I own (somewhat stolen from Financial Panther):

3 - Dog of Death/When Flanders Failed 4 - Lisa's First Word/So it's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5 - Secrets of a Successful Marriage/Bart's Inner Child 6 - And Maggie Makes Three/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7 - Marge Be Not Proud/Bart the Fink 8 - Homer's Phobia/The Simpsons Spin-Off Showcase 9 - King of the Hill/Trash of the Titans 10 - Wild Barts Can't Be Broken/Maximum Homerdrive

Quote Originally Posted by Bella Drape 'er View Post
    Still, this gives me high hopes for Stark Raving Dad...if it's reached the top 40 of course.
    You might want to quell those hopes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome B. Wonderful View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bella Drape 'er View Post
    The Boy Who Knew Too Much at #57...
    Quote Originally Posted by Riviera View Post

Boy, this Top 100 list is really bumming us all out. Is there anything more potentially disappointing other than a Top 100 list?

Blog Entries

60. Sweet Seymour Skinner's Badassssss Song
    58. Lisa's Sax
    57. The Boy Who Knew Too Much
    54. Trilogy of Error
    45. The City of New York vs Homer Simpson

HOORAY!

Sure we will Mr. Homer ANdre1001's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If Simpson and Deliah doesn't make it, I'll quit NHC
    it's top 10 to me and i seriously doubt it will be in the 1-40 ranks so i might as well start packing

Also on the post classical episodes, i can't believe HOMR hasn't make it, Im pretty sure several people put it on their lists. But i also doubt it will make it in the 1-40 ranks

I guess there could still be surprises in the next few days

I think it just missed the list Andre. It probably made the top 110 episodes though.
    It really was that close.

Banned

Sweet Seymour Skinner's Baadasssss Song, Burns Verkaufen Der Kraftwerk, Homer the Smithers and One Fish, Two Fish, Blowfish, Blue Fish should all be higher. Trilogy of Error should NEVER have made the list, also Boy Scoutz N the Hood should definitely not have made even the top 75 (along with Kamp Krusty, one of those classic episodes I don't love)...except for that, it's fair. Really disappointed that Simpson and Delilah and the best Season 1 episode - Life on the Fast Lane, haven't made the top 100. I don't mean to be disrespectful but I have a feeling that most people based their choices on past viewings, for example I thought I loved 'The PTA disbands' and 'A Star is Burns' but I watched it - Along with the entire first 8 seasons - and realised that it didn't appeal to me as much and that there are some true underrated classics such as Bart's Comet and...ONLY 1 OR 2 PEOPLE PUT DOWN THE EPISODE WHERE HOMER BECOMES A BOXER! (The Homer They Fall) I mean that's such a brilliant episode Anyway, happy 2012 everybody.

Banned

Sure we will Mr. Homer ANdre1001's Avatar
    Blog Entries

^ XD i love the Why cant be friends? sequence

Blog Entries

Soo happy that Homie the Clown has a nice place in upper forties.
    Paul Giamatti's plumber knows me by name
    .............My Twitter

So other than just a few episodes all the best episodes are already posted. some certainly in this bunch should be nowhere near the list(City of NY) or even ahead of most on the list(Lisa's Sax). Oh well

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bleedin' Gums Murphy View Post
    I haven't watched this in ages, I guess it's time to pull out the season 8 dvd.

I hope Homer's TB ranks well, that episode is very underrated.

hidle-onar-takan-thran Toomanygrandmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Heeeeere comes the next batch:

60. Sweet Seymour Skinner's Badassssss Song
    Hmmm. Maybe this deserves to be here, I'm not sure. I've seen this episode far too many times, so the impact of it is probably much less than it should be for me. Since I can still tell that this is a good episode though, this position here seems about fair....possibly.

59. Burns Verkaufen Der Kraftwerk
    This is one of the many Season 3 episodes I meant to get round to watching before the top 50, but didn't. I remember that I liked this episode, but how much I did, I don't know. It can't be too bad an episode, so I don't believe that this is an outrageously high position or anything. I'd have liked to have seen some of the episodes below this, to have gone higher, but alone this seems to be an okay position. Or maybe it isn't.

58. Lisa's Sax
    Nope. While I can see this episode being in my top 100, it doesn't deserve to be this high. It should be somewhere in the 70s or 80s. I suppose this episode is still the second best of Season 9, but when I rewatched it, it just wasn't as good as I used to find it. Could be a case of overwatching it, but what I also noticed, was the large number of jokes unrelated to the story, that damaged the flow of the episode. This should be lower and a number of other episodes should be higher. However, as long as The Cartridge Family is higher than this, I don't think I'll be too fussed.

57. The Boy Who Knew Too Much
    This is a solid episode, but I've never really been amazed by it. I don't reckon it should be here, as it is about middle of the road for Season 5, in my opinion. I like the story of this episode, and because it's Season 5, there are quite a few good gags. I don't believe that is enough for me to have this episode here, though.

56. Who Shot Mr. Burns (Part 2)
    No to this, too. Who Shot Mr. Burns (Part 1) might deserve to be in the top 50 (I think I was being a bit too harsh towards it). This? No - not even in the top 100. It isn't a bad episode, but it pales in comparrison to WSMB part 1, and a lot of Season 7, so I find it hard to love this episode.

55. Boy Scoutz N the Hood

You know....this sounds about right. Yeah. It might be a bit high, but this isn't an unreasonable place for it to go. The downside to this episode, is that Homer can be irritating (moreso towards the end), but apart from that, it is a funny episode that can easily keep my interest going. So yeah, no complaints here.

54. Trilogy of Error
    This is lower than I would have wanted it (by about 20ish spots), but I'm glad it got some representation in the top 100. Though, to be fair, I'm not surprised it got into the top 100. This is probably the second best non-classic episode. I like it, I'm guessing, mainly for the reasons that other people like it. It has a creative premise, with an interesting plot (love seeing how the different stories intertwine in the end), and it's funny, too. So if the second best non-classic episode is here, where is the best..... probably nowhere. Yeah, judging at where we are now in the top 100, I highly doubt that Half-Decent Proposal is going to suddenly pop up. Oh well.

53. I Love Lisa

I haven't seen this one in a while too, so it is hard to comment on whether it should be here or not. This episode is a great one, though. Uhhh.... I don't know what else to say about this one, really. So I won't say any more, and instead, move on to the next two episodes (which are criminally low).

52. Homer the Smithers
    No. No. Noooooooooooo. This should be about...uhh....45 places higher. Yes, at the core, it is just a Homer gets a job episode, but the humour in this episode is just so consistently strong. I think the main reason is that when Homer and Mr. Burns (and Smithers) interact, you can usually expect some high quality lines. It would be difficult to pinpoint the funniest scene in the entire series, but if I was forced to choose, I think I would pick the scene where Homer has to immitate Mr. Burns' mother. So in conclusion, this is far too low.

51. The Itchy and Scratchy and Poochie Show
    So first Homer the Smithers doesn't make it in to the top 50, and now this? That makes a total of three (including Lisa the Vegetarian) of my top 10, none of which are in the top 50. What adds insult to injury though, is how close this and Homer the Smithers were to actually being in the top 50. Ah hell diddly-ding-dong crap. So about the episode. It is the best Itchy and Scratchy episode, with some great satire and one of my favourite endings to an episode, ever. I just love this episode so much (one of four episodes that deserve a 10/10). Why couldn't it be higher?

50. Homer the Vigilante
    ....and now we reach the top 50, itself. I don't think that this episode should be here. It is a nice little episode, but for some reason, I find this episode really forgettable. I have no idea why. Like before I even went on these boards, I didn't even know if this was an actual episode, or something from the Simpsons Comics, or just something I dreamt up. Anyway, I'm rambling. It is a good episode, but I don't think it deserves to be this high.

49. Treehouse of Horror IV
    Yeah, this is probably the 2nd/3rd best Treehouse of Horror episode. However, I wouldn't have personally included it in my top 50. I think that THOH V is the only one that derves to be in the top 50 (albeit in a low position). This is a great episode, with two excellent segments, but I think this should be lower (or several other episodes should be higher, in relation to this).

48. The PTA Disbands
    This is fine. No really, this is absolutely fine. This might be a few places lower than I put it, but otherwise no real issues with this. The plot of this episode is a bit thin, but it does sort of make up for it by being quite consistently hilarious. I think this episode is probably going to be as close to where I actually put it, than any other episode. Hopefully, the next results will prove me wrong.

47. The Way We Was
    Too low, though not by a huge amount. Personally, I'd put this about 20 places higher. This was one of the first episodes I owned (the vhs - 'The Simpsons Year 2: Part 2' or something like that). When rewatching Season 2, some of the episodes didn't quite live up to what I used to think of them, but this one did. It may be partly nostalgia, but I still genuinely love this episode, as it has a great story to it.

46. Homie the Clown
    ......and here comes another episode that should be in the top 10. Or that I believe should be in a top 10. Yeah, it's Homer getting a wacky new proffession, and the plot is a little thin, but man is it funny. Really, really funny (probably only beaten by Homer Badman and Homer the Smithers in the humour department). Even when this episode isn't making me laugh out loud, the thing is just straight up entertaining. Not the most complex of plots, but that doesn't mean it isn't really fun. So this should be a lot higher, methinks. On the bright side though, unlike 'Poochie' and Homer the Smithers, this managed to make it into the top 50.

45. The City of New York vs Homer Simpson
    No. This does not deserve to be here. At the most, it should be low down in the top 100, not low down in the top 50. I'll admit that is is probably one of the better Season 9 episodes, but it is still pretty overrated. I see what is great about it, but not what is so great about it. It is a B+ episode, and there are plenty of episodes that deserve to be higher, or at the very least deserve this spot.

44. Itchy & Scratchy Land

A little bit too high for my likings. This is a great episode, and I'd have no issue with it being in the top 100. I think it deserves a spot somewhere on this list, but it shouldn't be higher than either Itchy and Scratchy and Marge and especially not the Itchy and Scratchy and Poochie Show. This is a really fun episode, but I feel that the other two episodes offer something more. Also, it appears that The Day the Violence Died has yet to come up. Hopefully that means it should be quite high, rather than it meaning that it has failed to make the cut.

43. Bart's Comet
    I don't really agree with this being here. I got round to rewatching this recently, and though I found it to be a solid episode, it just doesn't feel good enough to be all the way up here. I liked the first two acts, but the episode lost it a bit in the third act.

42. Colonel Homer
    Yeah, this is another one of those Season 3 episodes I really should have got round to watching, but didn't. I do remember liking it. Whether it should be up here though, I'm not too sure on. Nothing more to say about this.

41. One Fish, Two Fish, Blowfish, Blue Fish
    I think I'm okay with this being here. It should be a bit lower, but not by a lot. When there was the Hurt and Heal thread for Season 2, this episode had a ridiculous number of votes. I'd put this down as overrated in the sense that it is higher than a number of superior episodes, but its actual positioning seems fair.

That's that then. Sort of dissapointed with some of the results. At this stage, it is more a case of episodes being underrated, rather than episodes being overrated. Two of my top 5 episodes are down, leaving three more. Homer Badman I've got no worries about - it is pretty much universally loved. Hopefully MBNP and Home Sweet will be able to find themselves a decent position.
    Poochie needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine

Blog Entries

eternal moonshine? really? i mean, first viewing it's a pretty good episode, but for me, it gets boring the more i see it.

also, i hope springfield files is somewhere on here.

Thread Information