Thread: dvd-extras you miss

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

at the other side of reality cinco's Avatar
    Blog Entries

dvd-extras you miss

the jukebox-concept (only used for season 3)

Good call (maybe the pop-up commentary as seen accompanying 'Colonel Homer' as well?)

The Smart Simpson LittleMissLisaSimpson's Avatar

they should do more pop-up ones like Colonel Homer and they should add more promos of episodes on the dvds.

"Trust in yourself & you can achieve anything" - Lisa Simpson
    Favourite Season - Season 4

number one burpo fan Hommer for the Holidays's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I agree with the pop-up commentary! I think there should also be more Ullman Shorts on the DVDS (like on Season One.)

Blog Entries

I miss how they would add old commercials for things that had the simpsons in them. There werent any in the 14 season. I dont know about seasons 12 and 13 though as those are the only ones i dont have
    ............................................................ ..........................

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hommer View Post
    I agree with the pop-up commentary! I think there should also be more Ullman Shorts on the DVDS (like on Season One.)
    They really can't. Tracey Ullman has denied it. If she wouldn't have, I'm sure the shorts would've gotten their own DVD a long time ago.

might do something not nice Jims's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Do they still do those "A Bit From the Animators" things where they draw on the screen? If not, then I vote for that. Even if they weren't talking about the episodes directly sometimes, it was fun to just see them doodle stuff sometimes.

Banned
    Blog Entries

No point. The animation at this point is that terrible digital ink.

Card Wars super Amadeus zartok-35's Avatar
    Blog Entries

They still have animatics and boards to show off, the digtial ink comes after that.

Seasons 1-9 - Classic era
    10-12 - Scully era
    13-16 - Silver age
    16.5-17 - The shit abyss
    18-24 - Zombie Simpsons

Brakes 4 Committees Zombies Rise from the Sea's Avatar

Whatever Le Jake said about the show's animation process.

It's all been mentioned here but:

Commercials:
    These were great, you know, little extra snippets of animation of the show for me, the OCD and ever so slightly loopy consumer. Plus it was just a great hark back to my childhood years, granted these were the ones on the earlier season sets but I would still love to see some of them on the newer ones from the time

Proper Featurettes:
    Enough with these stupid bloody clip reels of scenes from the show being passed off as 'featurettes', I wanna see some behind-the-scenes stuff like we got in the earlier seasons, not these thrown together 'clip shows' that we got in Season 14

A Bit from the Animators:
    Used to enjoy these little 'one act' commentaries and drawings, they really went into the technical side of the show, rather than the ordinary commentaries which more often than not would sidetrack into conversations regarding such trivial matters as the rising cost of 'Cheetos' and the director's uncle's birthday party they had attended the previous weekend.

Tracey Ullman Shorts:
    This aint gonna happen, but would love to see them as an extra on DVD, completist remember!

Documentary Clips:
    Little snippets of stuff from documentaries we'd see on the earlier sets.

Animatics/Storyboards
    Jukebox

I mean there was one thing that always got me about 'The Simpsons' sets, everybody always praised them for their extensive bonus material but why? So what if they do a commentary every episode, why can't we have an extensive documentary about the creation of an episode from start to finish? South Park have done it, and other shows like Lost have included up to around 5 hours of extras on their sets (not including commentaries). Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the extras of the early sets but there is an undeniable lack of effort now and it bugs me.

I also miss "A Bit From The Animators" - they discontinued this sometime around Season 9, right? I remember enjoying them immensely, particularly the Season 8 ones (to be exact, "Homer vs the 18th Amendment" is my favourite).

Quote Originally Posted by InsomniaDealer View Post
    I miss how they would add old commercials for things that had the simpsons in them. There werent any in the 14 season. I dont know about seasons 12 and 13 though as those are the only ones i dont have
    I'm positive there were some on the Season 13 set.
    Last edited by Zeus; Today at 12:00 PM. Reason: to fuck with you

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    the Jonas Brothers make my gay, pedophile dick so hard.

Blog Entries

On the season three boxset, there were a handful of episodes commentaries that Jean or Reiss missed for one reason for another, so they had to do solo "make-up sessions". Those were quite fun to listen to in a way.

might do something not nice Jims's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    I also miss "A Bit From The Animators" - they discontinued this sometime around Season 9, right? I remember enjoying them immensely, particularly the Season 8 ones (to be exact, "Homer vs the 18th Amendment" is my favourite).
    Yeah, that one is great. I also liked the one from "The Day the Violence Died" where they demonstrate why certain scenes are laid out the way they are.

It's weird that they stopped doing them, since they don't seem like very expensive extras to produce. It's really just scheduling time with the equipment they use for the recording, as well as finding time for the animators to come in. Maybe they didn't enjoy coming in to do them or something.

Junior Camper horatio huffnagel's Avatar

Where are the shorts found in season 1? How do you access them?

Banned
    Blog Entries

There's one short, and it's on the extras section on disc 3.

at the other side of reality cinco's Avatar
    Blog Entries

There's one short, and it's on the extras section on disc 3.
    It was this the first one. (titled: Good Night)

Junior Camper

Anyone remember the DVD extra where they took a video tour of the Bongo offices? I can't remember if it was in one of the Futurama season sets or Simpsons. Anyone remember this extra?

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome B. Wonderful View Post
    They really can't. Tracey Ullman has denied it. If she wouldn't have, I'm sure the shorts would've gotten their own DVD a long time ago.
    Meh Im pretty sure that is BS and the producers dont think anyone but hardcore simpsons fans would buy them
    They're afraid it wont sell that is all

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThankYouComeAgain View Post
    Meh Im pretty sure that is BS and the producers dont think anyone but hardcore simpsons fans would buy them
    They're afraid it wont sell that is all
    Naw, it's not BS.

I miss the commercials. But maybe some day the Coca-Cola will appear on DVD.

The magazine covers were cool to look at, def shoulda kept that up!

Thread Information