Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 474



Thread: you know what really grinds my gears?



(Users Browsing this Thread: )

  1. #31
    The Things I Do For Love Walid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    30,776
    Blog Entries
    122


    you do know 20 minutes is basically the total runtime of an episode (minus one or two minutes), Matlock?

    unless you were watching one of the star wars parodies

  2. #32
    ___________________ Bella Drape 'er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    8,595


    Quote Originally Posted by joe miller View Post
    you do know 20 minutes is basically the total runtime of an episode (minus one or two minutes), Matlock?
    he just wanted to show us all that family guy is so bad, he couldn't even finish an episode

    hats off to him
    "Don't waste your moments in life, you never know when you'll stop waking up." MARYAM ZAREI
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I'm a writer, I use people for what I write...let the world beware." CATHERINE TRAMELL

  3. #33
    number one burpo fan Hommer for the Holidays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    The TERRORZONE
    Posts
    1,236
    Blog Entries
    10


    joe miller, you forgot this annoying youtube comment:

    "(number of people who disliked video) people are (villain from video)"

  4. #34
    dark lord of the twin moons Handzomb E. Dunderful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1989
    Location
    pennsylvania
    Posts
    22,863
    Blog Entries
    324


    'Hey everyone!
    I know not many of you will read this, let alone care. But its worth a shot!
    I'm a guy who loves music more then anything! I'm in a band and I also love making up my own guitar pieces.
    My goal is to reach 50 subscribers by new years day! Which is only 10 hours away.
    So if you could please spare some time to check me out and subscribe if you like what you hear, i would be so, so grateful!
    OH, and happy new years!! '

    Shitty Youtube spam.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Moe
    The only thing you've managed to do is piss us off. You are a fucking prick, and it's people like you that are bringing this damn country down.
    Twitter
    Season 26 Ratings:
    Clown in the Dumps: D+ The Simpsons Guy: B+




  5. #35
    muffin tops Prune Tracy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,315
    Blog Entries
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by Handsome B. Wonderful View Post
    Shitty Youtube spam.
    Wow, a 3-word redundancy. You don't see that every day.

  6. #36
    Same Avatar, Different Shit Zombies Rise from the Sea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,596


    Quote Originally Posted by Handsome B. Wonderful View Post
    Shitty Youtube spam.
    The simplest solution, the delete button. Nobody gets super angry about spam and people who get pissed off about spam really grinds my gears.
    My Simpsons Season 25 Ratings/Reviews:
    Homerland (3.5/10) Treehouse of Horror XXIV (5.0/10) Four Regrettings and a Funeral (4.0/10) YOLO (4.5/10) Labor Pains (5.0/10) The Kid is All Right (3.0/10) Yellow Subterfuge (5.5/10) White Christmas Blues (1.5/10) Steal This Episode (7.0/10) Married to the Blob (5.5/10) Specs and the City (4.5/10)

  7. #37
    number one burpo fan Hommer for the Holidays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    The TERRORZONE
    Posts
    1,236
    Blog Entries
    10


    A counterpart to all of those "Arrow to the Knee" jokes:


  8. #38
    Pin Pal Matlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Agartha
    Posts
    345
    Blog Entries
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by joe miller View Post
    you do know 20 minutes is basically the total runtime of an episode (minus one or two minutes), Matlock?

    unless you were watching one of the star wars parodies
    I think I turned it off near the end.I just really dislike outright plagiarism, it's always bothered me for some reason.

  9. #39
    I'm a real user of women futz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,251


    The funniest part about that Family Guy clip is the fact that The Simpsons have also done it (With Lenny and Carl in Poppas Got A Brand New Badge).
    Although I don't know who did it first.
    Last edited by futz; 02-15-2012 at 01:46 PM.

  10. #40
    dark lord of the twin moons Handzomb E. Dunderful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1989
    Location
    pennsylvania
    Posts
    22,863
    Blog Entries
    324


    The Simpsons

  11. #41
    The Things I Do For Love Walid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    30,776
    Blog Entries
    122


    i hate when a friend hacks my facebook, puts up some stupid message as a status as a joke, and people 'like' it.

    it especially sucks when i myself try to make funny statuses, and no one appreciates my comedy.

    i guess i should just give up. or try harder. hm...

  12. #42
    dark lord of the twin moons Handzomb E. Dunderful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1989
    Location
    pennsylvania
    Posts
    22,863
    Blog Entries
    324


    Seriously, that. "Hey, I hacked you! "
    8 like this.

  13. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    3,039


    Could you imagine lolcats' facebook account

  14. #44
    The Things I Do For Love Walid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    30,776
    Blog Entries
    122


    Quote Originally Posted by Handsome B. Wonderful View Post
    Seriously, that. "Hey, I hacked you! "
    8 like this.
    yea, luckily my friend didn't do anything like that though.

    "guess who hacked me "

    and i hate when people say "i am gay" on someone else's profile; you have the power to do ANYTHING on this person's facebook for a very limited time, and you resort to a fake gay thing? what, are you 5?

  15. #45
    ___________________ Bella Drape 'er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    8,595


    Quote Originally Posted by joe miller View Post
    and you resort to a fake gay thing? what, are you 5?
    no, more like they're gay themselves

  16. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    3,039


    Now Now let's not use the word 'gay' as a negative. Unless...Bella Drape 'er, you are Homer the Vigilante!

  17. #47
    ___________________ Bella Drape 'er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    8,595


    did I ever say there was anything negative about being gay?

    I was just implying that people who post those comments are secretly in the closet themselves

  18. #48
    The Things I Do For Love Walid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    30,776
    Blog Entries
    122


    i always figured they were just really immature

  19. #49
    dark lord of the twin moons Handzomb E. Dunderful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1989
    Location
    pennsylvania
    Posts
    22,863
    Blog Entries
    324


    Quote Originally Posted by Bleedin' Gums Murphy View Post
    Could you imagine lolcats' facebook account
    Yeah.

    It has a name, a profile picture, a decent amount of friends, and he "likes" about 35 things.

  20. #50
    Mr. Fahrenheit Swoony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,587
    Blog Entries
    46


    I don't like when people hate a show without genuinely givining it a chance.

    Or even worse, when they watch a crappy clip or one bad episode and deem the whole thing to be terrible.

    Reminds me of Xbox 360 or PS3 fanboys who dislike anything that's not related to their company because change is bad.

    And there's no way in hell that i'm refering to the Cleveland show here because i've taken the time and sat though a handfull of episodes and have a right to an opinion on it. Actually i'm primarily refering to those people who don't give American Dad a second glance when they think it's a crappy ripoff of Family Guy merely because it came around later and gets severely less promotion. Though this does apply to shows in general aswell. Most of my favourite shows tend to be underrated actually (Malcolm in the Middle, King of the Hill, Breaking Bad, American Dad, etc).

  21. #51
    Same Avatar, Different Shit Zombies Rise from the Sea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,596


    You know what grinds my gears? When a thread disappears when I was about to post something. How rude!

  22. #52
    dark lord of the twin moons Handzomb E. Dunderful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1989
    Location
    pennsylvania
    Posts
    22,863
    Blog Entries
    324


    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy Bonkers View Post
    And there's no way in hell that i'm refering to the Cleveland show here because i've taken the time and sat though a handfull of episodes and have a right to an opinion on it. Actually i'm primarily refering to those people who don't give American Dad a second glance when they think it's a crappy ripoff of Family Guy merely because it came around later and gets severely less promotion.
    Yup. This happens all the time around here. My father himself never even gave it a chance because he hates Family Guy, but it truly is his style of comedy. He just can't look past that Seth animation or something.

  23. #53
    Formally Fry-O-Rama Homer Defined's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    344


    Quote Originally Posted by Quote Unquote Sir View Post
    "Family Guy" and "The Simpsons" are pretty similar, only it took "The Simpsons" 8 and a half seasons before it started to suck and it took "Family Guy" only 4 and a half. That means "The Simpsons" has twice as many good episodes. What a terrible 'comeback' "Family Guy" made. I actually became a fan of the show during its cancellation and was so excited about it coming back. Then it didn't take long after the return before I wished it had stayed cancelled.

    Also, I've been re-watching "Family Guy" from the beginning, and while I still like the old episodes, I've noticed (as had been pointed out before, I'm sure), one thing that makes it different from "The Simpsons" is that it tends to lack heart. That didn't matter for awhile because the effectiveness of the humour made up for its shallowness, but a little more substance wouldn't have hurt. There were a few sweet moments (mostly coming through Lois, of all people), but they tended to be defused with punchlines.

    The only time the series ever came close to the emotional depth of the most emotionally resonant Simpsons episodes was in the single episode "Brian Wallows and Peter's Swallows", which was not surprisingly written by a writer who never wrote another episode of the series after it. That's too bad because it was one the best things the show ever did (won it an Emmy for best song, even), and an example of how much better the show could be with some heart. Pity the series never took that ball and ran with it, because "Family Guy" wore sentimentality well, at least for one episode.

    But back on topic (kinda?), that "grinds my gears" thing was one of the funnier jokes in "Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story". Especially when Peter goes, "You know what really grinds my gears? You, America. FAHK YOU! Diane?". The first few times I watched that, I kept missing the "Diane" part of the line because I was laughing so hard.
    This.

    I felt the same way when I heard FG would be making a comeback. It didn't take long for the disappointment to kick in. I guess one of the reasons FG took a more radical turn than it had the first 3 seasons was because it still being called a Simpsons copycat eventhough as you said it never really carried the same emotional depth or smart, clever jokes as The Simpsons did.
    Jimbo Jones: [about Homer] I hear that guy's ass has it's own congressman!
    Bart Simpson: I wash myself with a rag on a stick.
    Homer Simpson: [takes cap out of dryer and puts it on his head] Mmmmm... I CAN feel three types of softness.
    Lisa Simpson: [from upstairs] Dad, what are you doing down there?
    Homer Simpson: Washing my fat guy's hat honey!


  24. #54
    R.I.P. Marcia "Edna" Wallace! Edgar Allan Moz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    8,478


    When people use "like" in every damn sentence. "Well, I was, like, at the store and, like, there was this movie, and like, it totally stunk"

    Quote Originally Posted by Bleedin' Gums Murphy View Post
    Tell me about it! Especially when you read "UMAD BRO" , "I took an arrow to the knee" and "That's a paddlin" over and over and over and over...
    AMEN TO THAT!

  25. #55
    Same Avatar, Different Shit Zombies Rise from the Sea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,596


    Quote Originally Posted by Fry-O-Rama View Post
    I felt the same way when I heard FG would be making a comeback. It didn't take long for the disappointment to kick in. I guess one of the reasons FG took a more radical turn than it had the first 3 seasons was because it still being called a Simpsons copycat eventhough as you said it never really carried the same emotional depth or smart, clever jokes as The Simpsons did.
    Well I guess the comparison was one that defined the show as a whole. Even though Seth and Matt are alleged friends, Seth was probably so annoyed at having the show be called a Simpsons ripoff so he did like everything in his ability to make it look less like a Simpsons ripoff and more like a 80's sitcom (more specifically All in the Family) ripoff. That caused the show to change in the most radical ways possible...

  26. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    3,039


    I agree, Brian Griffin used to be my favourite character but now...he's not the same.

  27. #57
    R.I.P. Marcia "Edna" Wallace! Edgar Allan Moz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    8,478


    It really grinds my gears when people nag, nag, nag, nag. I mean, sure, at times people need to nag but at the same time, why the hell doesn't anything positive come out of the nagging?

  28. #58
    Wants three money Bankrupt Panther's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Olathe, KS/Washington, MO
    Posts
    18,017
    Blog Entries
    3


    This has really been pissing me off lately, and I need somewhere to vent about it. It's about how mods (or perhaps one specific mod) are now constantly deleting posts. Although nobody admits it, I think we all like seeing big fights break out in threads. Case in point: Apparently something happened in that latest Al Jean thread, but I wasn't online at that time, and now all the posts are gone. In the good old days, those posts would've stayed up there for all to see and appreciate. It feels a bit like Communism to me, how a higher authority is controlling what we can and can't see.

    Okay, rant over. I feel a bit better now.
    The original Favorite and least favorite by season
    Shorts: 1: The Pacifier Watching TV 2: World War III Maggie's Brain 3: Bathtime Scary Movie
    Episodes: 1: Krusty Gets Busted There's No Disgrace Like Home 2: Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3: Homer at the Bat Separate Vocations 4: Marge vs. the Monorail Krusty Gets Kancelled 5: Cape Feare Lady Bouvier's Lover 6: Homer Badman Lisa on Ice 7: King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8: Homer's Enemy Homer's Phobia 9: Bart Carny The Trouble with Trillions 10: Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: "Kidney Trouble" 11: Guess Who's Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12: HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13: Tales from the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15: The Ziff Who Came to Dinner Bart-Mangled Banner 16: A Star Is Torn She Used to Be My Girl 17: My Fair Laddy The Italian Bob 18: The Haw-Hawed Couple The Boys of Bummer 19: Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20: Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21: The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22: Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23: The Falcon and the D'ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24: Hardly Kirk-ing What Animated Women Want 25: The War of Art What to Expect When Bart's Expecting

    Voted "Best Taste" in NHC awards. Therefore, I'm right, you're wrong.

  29. #59
    -- Kaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Quebec
    Posts
    13,919
    Blog Entries
    3


    Financial Panther, two words: Hakuna Matata.

  30. #60
    pineapple shoes Dark Homer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    17,687
    Blog Entries
    10


    which al jean thread are you talking about?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •