Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: you know what really grinds my gears?

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Ringo Next HANDSOME.S4.E6.XMAS.GUYS.XviD's Avatar
    Blog Entries

you know what really grinds my gears?

The Cleveland Show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Wynan View Post
    Oreo: creme or cookie
    My friend is a big creme supporter and beat me up because i like the cookie better.

Twitter

Banned

You know what really grinds my gears? This Joe Miller guy, why don't you get with the freakin' programme?

Blog Entries

?

anyway, i honestly really hate whenever anyone says Family Guy is better than the Simpsons. I watched

the other day, and one of the top comments is "Family guy over Simpsons everyday". Seriously? of all clips, this one proves family guy is 'better'?

there's also a group on facebook called "The Simpsons suck; always have, always will" which is just about the worst group I've ever seen. I mean for crying out loud, the people in that group give the absolute worst reasons for hating Simpsons and for liking Family Guy. it amazes me people can be that stupid. i mean, one of the members in particular, likes family guy more because it is, and i quote, "more real and the DVDs are different to the TV version." seriously there is no fucking way Family Guy is 'more real' than Simpsons. and the DVDs are obviously different in both cases, someone has obviously not seen the Simpsons on DVD.

so yea, this is like my biggest pet peeve. I'm actually looking at that group right now, and the comments are making me mad because of how stupid they are. "I hate how their all god freaks if they want more fans get some atheists on there". yea, a real life quote someone said. mesmerizing, isn't it?

Banned

That was a quote from the episode of Family Guy that included the whole you know what really grinds my gears? part Joe. However you are absolutely correct, I hate when people even compare Family Guy to The Simpsons

Blog Entries

ah, i haven't seen the episode for a while.

it's not even the comparisons that drives me nuts, it's people giving the stupidest freaking reasons. if you hate Simpsons and like Family Guy, fine, but don't give completely false reasons like family guy is 'more real' as a reason. that's completely 100 percent false. even during the craziest simpsons episodes, it's more down-to-earth then family guy will ever be.

Blog Entries

It's youtube.

Same Avatar, Different Shit Zombies Rise from the Sea's Avatar

I have to agree; though in the terms of the facebook group, they'll always consist of preteens who don't know what they're talking about compared to the people on here who at least have reasons to hate. Hell, even sites like TV.com contain the same group of people.

The Cleveland Show, eh. That show is already hated on more then The Simpsons; even they don't even want to discuss it. (the few R&R threads I made for the show that few to zero replies, thus proving nobody watches The Cleveland Show.) Best thing to do is to just ignore it altogether; like the rest of us have.

My Simpsons Season 25 Ratings/Reviews:
    Homerland (3.5/10) Treehouse of Horror XXIV (5.0/10) Four Regrettings and a Funeral (4.0/10) YOLO (4.5/10) Labor Pains (5.0/10) The Kid is All Right (3.0/10) Yellow Subterfuge (5.5/10) White Christmas Blues (1.5/10) Steal This Episode (7.0/10) Married to the Blob (5.5/10) Specs and the City (4.5/10)

Blog Entries

actually, a lot of what i said was on the facebook group, handsome.

Blog Entries

it's facebook.

Blog Entries

stupid people should just be wiped off every site where they can make an account and sprout their idiocy. problem solved.

Same Avatar, Different Shit Zombies Rise from the Sea's Avatar

and the invention of the edit button goes unnoticed... anyway, what else grinds my gears is preteens who's attempt to be cool and internet savvy come across as pretentious and cringeworthy. I have come across a number of these people through my travels on various internet forums/chatrooms and the stuff that they do (poor spelling, overusage of internet memes, creation of needless posts, using paint, not totally understanding certain things.) just gives me less hope for humanity and somewhat irks me a little bit.

Banned

The problem is idiocy is subjective, hence George W Bush being elected twice (once).

Blog Entries

You know what grinds my gears? My crappy bedroom carpeting.

Blog Entries

you know what really grinds my gears? the phrase "grinds my gears". like, does that even mean anything

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Zombies Rise from the Sea View Post
    and the invention of the edit button goes unnoticed... anyway, what else grinds my gears is preteens who's attempt to be cool and internet savvy come across as pretentious and cringeworthy. I have come across a number of these people through my travels on various internet forums/chatrooms and the stuff that they do (poor spelling, overusage of internet memes, creation of needless posts, using paint, not totally understanding certain things.) just gives me less hope for humanity and somewhat irks me a little bit.
    Tell me about it! Especially when you read "UMAD BRO", "I took an arrow to the knee" and "That's a paddlin" over and over and over and over...

Blog Entries

Oh god, arrow to the knee is so fucking atrocious.

Blog Entries

arrow to the knee has made me hate youtube comments

even more then i originally did

number one burpo fan Hommer for the Holidays's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You know what really grinds my gears? Bronies. They're everywhere!

Blog Entries

what about pegasisters?

Card Wars super Amadeus zartok-35's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bleedin' Gums Murphy View Post
    Tell me about it! Especially when you read "That's a paddlin" over and over and over and over...
    When it's done right, they're kinda' enjoyable.

Seasons 1-9 - Classic era
    10-12 - Scully era
    13-16 - Silver age
    16.5-17 - The shit abyss
    18-24 - Zombie Simpsons

Do you have a receipt? Quote Unquote Sir's Avatar

"Family Guy" and "The Simpsons" are pretty similar, only it took "The Simpsons" 8 and a half seasons before it started to suck and it took "Family Guy" only 4 and a half. That means "The Simpsons" has twice as many good episodes. What a terrible 'comeback' "Family Guy" made. I actually became a fan of the show during its cancellation and was so excited about it coming back. Then it didn't take long after the return before I wished it had stayed cancelled.

Also, I've been re-watching "Family Guy" from the beginning, and while I still like the old episodes, I've noticed (as had been pointed out before, I'm sure), one thing that makes it different from "The Simpsons" is that it tends to lack heart. That didn't matter for awhile because the effectiveness of the humour made up for its shallowness, but a little more substance wouldn't have hurt. There were a few sweet moments (mostly coming through Lois, of all people), but they tended to be defused with punchlines.

The only time the series ever came close to the emotional depth of the most emotionally resonant Simpsons episodes was in the single episode "Brian Wallows and Peter's Swallows", which was not surprisingly written by a writer who never wrote another episode of the series after it. That's too bad because it was one the best things the show ever did (won it an Emmy for best song, even), and an example of how much better the show could be with some heart. Pity the series never took that ball and ran with it, because "Family Guy" wore sentimentality well, at least for one episode.

But back on topic (kinda?), that "grinds my gears" thing was one of the funnier jokes in "Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story". Especially when Peter goes, "You know what really grinds my gears? You, America. FAHK YOU! Diane?". The first few times I watched that, I kept missing the "Diane" part of the line because I was laughing so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome B. Wonderful View Post
    The Cleveland Show.
    What makes it even worse is how King of the Hill was cancelled to make room

___________________ Bella Drape 'er's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome B. Wonderful View Post
    Oh god, arrow to the knee is so fucking atrocious.
    you know what really grinds my gears - people complaining about this

although, that maybe because i don't go on youtube that often...
    "Don't waste your moments in life, you never know when you'll stop waking up." MARYAM ZAREI
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I'm a writer, I use people for what I write...let the world beware." CATHERINE TRAMELL

Blog Entries

Ive only seen Family Guy twice, once for about 3 mins and another time for about 20 mins, thats as much as I could handle.It makes me cringe so badly.

As for it being better than the Simpsons, I would rather watch the worst Simpsons episode than the best Family Guy episode any day.

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You know what really grinds my gears? People saying "the Simpsons became funnier in S20 because of the better, HD animation."

WTF...really? That statement is the trifeca of illogic.

Well, ya'know if you stay positive and forget about trivial things like "proper characterization," "Satire," and "emotional depth" watching new Simpsons episodes can be a seemingly enjoyable lie.

person who looks like a thing Prune Tracy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You guys really need to stop reading YouTube comments. It's like eating a spoonful of shit and then complaining about the taste.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Matlock View Post
    As for it being better than the Simpsons, I would rather watch the worst Simpsons episode than the best Family Guy episode any day.
    I made that same comment like 2 years ago on facebook and one of my friends was all 'wow, that's actually saying quite a lot.'

You guys really need to stop reading YouTube comments. It's like eating a spoonful of shit and then complaining about the taste.
    for me it's just fun to bitch and moan. on YouTube, you've got:

-arrow to the knee jokes

-"mom, be right back, I'm going to go kill (insert number of people who disliked video)"

-whenever there's a short video with one/two lines and the top comment is "i liked the part where (insert only thing that happened in the video)"

-thumbs up if you're listening to this song in 2011! (soon it's going to be 2012 omg)

-I'm 13 but i love this song thumbs up if you do too (because apparently the age of the individual matters, especially for older music)

i just summed up most of youtube in a singular post. i know it's such a stupid site, comments-wise, it's just fun (for me) to see just how stupid it is sometimes

___________________ Bella Drape 'er's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joe miller View Post
    for me it's just fun to bitch and moan. on YouTube, you've got:

-arrow to the knee jokes

-"mom, be right back, I'm going to go kill (insert number of people who disliked video)"

-whenever there's a short video with one/two lines and the top comment is "i liked the part where (insert only thing that happened in the video)"

-thumbs up if you're listening to this song in 2011! (soon it's going to be 2012 omg)

-I'm 13 but i love this song thumbs up if you do too (because apparently the age of the individual matters, especially for older music)

i just summed up most of youtube in a singular post. i know it's such a stupid site, comments-wise, it's just fun (for me) to see just how stupid it is sometimes
    i just summed up joe miller in a singular post

long ass explanations

Blog Entries

because 'long ass explanations' is now a bad thing, huh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Matlock View Post
    Ive only seen Family Guy twice, once for about 3 mins and another time for about 20 mins, thats as much as I could handle.It makes me cringe so badly.

Thread Information