Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The NHC Bottom 50 Episodes (Results!)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Food-Crazed Maniac Oh, that's raspberry!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Eh, I'd disagree with you even on All Singing, All Dancing though it is certainly superior to Another Simpsons Clip Show.

there are no accidents HANDSOME.S4.COMPLETE.XviD's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I genuinely enjoy All Singing, All Dancing on occasion, depends on my mood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ofhf View Post
    I was always a pointless guy

As far as Another Simpsons Clip Show, I think the problems with the original material are being exaggerated. It was a lame setup, to be sure, but it still had bits of Simpsons witty dialogue. Here's a few lines...

"Mom, romance is dead. It was acquired in a hostile takeover by Hallmark and Disney, homogenized, and sold off piece by piece."

"Marge, I want you to stop seeing the Jacques. You can let him down gently, but over the next couple of months I want you to break it off." (Homer not understanding the point of the story)

"OK, Marge: as long as we're traumatizing the kids, I have a scandalous story of my own."

There's also that self-aware joke about recycled material.

But even if I did feel it was completely dull and laughless, that still wouldn't give me enough reason to place it worse than episodes that are like this for a full 22 minutes or are infuriating in other ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Jims
    Just double-checked and it looks like it was tallied correctly for that one. THOH XXI just narrowly missed the Top 50 (finishing 52nd) after losing the tie-breaker.
    Yeah, my bad. I control-F'd "treehouse" so it wasn't showing up.
    To view various lists about my Simpsons opinions, click the link below.

http://www.nohomers.net/usernote.php...ewuser&u=27253

1 good post in every 5 The Spruce Moose's Avatar
    Blog Entries

so, any plans for a Top 50 Simpsons episodes thing?

Blog Entries

I think it is going to be a top 100 but yes, I think something like that will be set up when we are a bit closer to the airing of the 500th episode.

Banned

Top 100, bring it on! Apparently the 500th episode will be aired around February-ish so I suggest we should start it from saturday February the 4th and end it on saturday March the 31st. 8 weeks should cover it and then produce the results on the monday after the last episode of Season 23 - Late May I presume.

Blog Entries

although I think we all know the 500th episode won't make it :P

Blog Entries

The idea was to announce the results of the list around, or just prior to the airing of the 500th episode actually. So, while none of this is official as of yet, I believe the thread for it will probably appear in early January, last for a month, with results sometime in the first two weeks of February.

Banned

The earlier the better, that's cool.

Blog Entries

excellent, that gives me time to wittle down my 64 absolute favourites. This is going to be bloody difficult

64 episodes? have there even been that many?

12. Thumbs Up To This Post by: c l o n e

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Egyptian View Post
    64 episodes? have there even been that many?

___________________ Bella Drape 'er's Avatar

Good list.

Although personally I don't think "Homer's Paternity Coot" should be in it, which in my opinion is slightly underrated on here.

But that aside thanks to everyone who contributed.
    "Don't waste your moments in life, you never know when you'll stop waking up." MARYAM ZAREI
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I'm a writer, I use people for what I write...let the world beware." CATHERINE TRAMELL

Blog Entries

I argree tha "Homer's Paternity Coot" is better then a lot of episodes not on the list.

Also when are we getting the results of the thoh poll?

Get 'im, Sheba! Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I asked Ryan. He said before Christmas.
    Quote Originally Posted by dman360 View Post
    Don't tell what to do fuck face, and I'm not changing it I do what I want so fuck you bitch
    The original Favorite and least favorite by season
    Shorts: 1: The Pacifier Watching TV 2: World War III Maggie's Brain 3: Bathtime Scary Movie
    Episodes: 1: Krusty Gets Busted There's No Disgrace Like Home 2: Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3: Homer at the Bat Separate Vocations 4: Homer's Triple Bypass Krusty Gets Kancelled 5: Cape Feare Lady Bouvier's Lover 6: Homer Badman Lisa on Ice 7: King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8: Homer's Enemy The Simpsons Spin-Off Showcase 9: Bart Carny The Trouble with Trillions 10: Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: "Kidney Trouble" 11: Guess Who's Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12: HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13: Tales from the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15: The Ziff Who Came to Dinner Bart-Mangled Banner 16: A Star Is Torn She Used to Be My Girl 17: My Fair Laddy The Italian Bob 18: The Haw-Hawed Couple The Boys of Bummer 19: Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20: Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21: The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22: Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23: The Falcon and the D'ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24: Hardly Kirk-ing What Animated Women Want 25: The War of Art What to Expect When Bart's Expecting

Voted "Best Taste" in NHC awards. Therefore, I'm right, you're wrong.

Those are pretty good results. There's really only one thing that shocks me :

- 24. Homer Simpson In Kidney Trouble (I'll have to take a look at the thread for this episode because I really can't understand why so many fans here don't like it. Does it have to do with Homer's attitude towards Abe or something?). I must say that the beginning of this episode is quite cruel : Homer who doesn't let Abe go to the bathroom. But I mean, that's pretty much the only scene I can see that may cause some problems for fans. Maybe people just don't like this episode because they find Homer is too rotten towards his father (because it is true that Homer decides to run away from the hospital a couple times at the end of the episode ).

Some kind of crazy person McClure's Avatar

'Round Springfield didn't get a single vote? If only I'd known about this...

Banned

I'm not getting into another argument with someone about their opinions of episodes but...what's wrong with 'Round Springfield or atleast why should it have been in the 50 worst Simpsons episodes, of all 495, of all time?

Some kind of crazy person McClure's Avatar

I admit that I haven't seen the episode in a long time (it's the only classic era episode I refuse to watch), but from what I remember, it has:

Bad jokes (ie. The kids wanting to get their appendixes taken out)
    Bad characterizations
    An awful horrible song that takes up a good portion of the episode
    The writers trying to make us care about the death of a character that had appeared in only one previous significant role

Although it does have some good moments, like the visual of the snake having eaten kids.

By today's standards it seems like a classic, but by classic era standards, it's one of the worst.

On another note, I'm glad the first clip show didn't make the final list. I'd say it's definitely one of the most under-appreciated episodes. Sure, it's a clip show, and I think that's why some people arbitrarily call it the worst, but the first act (the non-clip show portion) is quite good.

Banned

I hope you watch it again in the future and enjoy it more than you currently recall mate.

I'd hate to be Kevin Curran. Cause the sad thing is, the staff actually do occasionally check out this website lol.

I agree with all of them, except for Simpsons tall Tales. That episode was alright.

Quote Originally Posted by McClure View Post
    'Round Springfield didn't get a single vote? If only I'd known about this...
    "He's crazy boys, get the taser."

Quote Originally Posted by ryan o View Post
    clearly I need to rewatch "bart-mangled banner"... it's really that bad?!
    It is hardly a classic, but it is not as bad as its reputation would have you believe. It points to some uncomfortable truths about how jingoism and misguided patriotism can lead to unwarranted hate. I can certainly see where lots of people would not like it, but it was a pretty courageous episode given the political climate in which it was released.

Blog Entries

Yeah, Bart-Mangled Banner seems to be one of the more divisive post-classic era episodes.

a barren wasteland of soul crushing loneliness a.k.a. hamm

For me 'Bonfire Of The Manatees' and 'The Italian Bob' is when I officially stopped watching premieres. And the less said about 'Greatest Story Ever Doh ed' the better. Scully may have had poor characterizations but at least his episodes were funnier than these turds. I can remember watching these when they came out and being stunned at how dull and unfunny they were.
    I'd rather watch 'Saddlesore Galactica' once a day for the rest of my life than watch any of these episodes ever again.
    Also just realized 'The Great Money Caper'(my least loved episode of the first 12 seasons) didn't get a single vote, but the following classics did: A Star Is Burns, Bart's Inner Child, Homer To The Max, Separate Vocations, The Cartridge Family, Marge In Chains, Itchy And Scratchy Land, Lisa The Iconoclast, Last Exit To Springfield, Kamp Krusty, Homer's Enemy, Lisa's Sax.
    Whats up with that!
    Last edited by hutz; 03-06-2012 at 08:15 PM.

No surprise for "Tennis The Menace", "All Singing, All Dancing" was a little too broadway for me lol. "The Italian Bob" is prolly here because Bob inexplicably has his jail jumpsuit on under his clothes at the end if i recall correctly. Made zero sense. "Another Simpsons Clip Show" is the worst here imo... sometimes you can tell something went wrong with production. Ran out of money maybe?

"Hurricane Neddy", "Eight Misbehavin", and "Alone Again" prolly dont deserve to be here imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleedin' Gums Murphy View Post
    Both 'Another Simpsons clip show' and 'All Singing All Dancing' are still better than 80% of episodes post season 9.
    Disagree on the clip show. That one was woof. There was 1 funny part in the bedroom i think & then the episode crashed into an iceberg.
    Last edited by Collector Charlie; 01-23-2012 at 05:01 AM.

in the middle of a hoedown eric's Avatar

can somebody here update this page with our new list?

http://simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/NoHom...Worst_episodes

gave his life for tourism Magnum's Avatar
    Blog Entries

where the hell is principal and the pauper, you dorks
    Quote Originally Posted by tones
    I was born with a wah-wah pedal

might do something not nice Jims's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Matt Groening, is that you?

person who looks like a thing Prune Tracy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    where the hell is principal and the pauper, you dorks
    Rightfully not on the list.
    Favourite/least favourite by seasons that I own (somewhat stolen from Financial Panther):

3 - Bart the Lover/When Flanders Failed 4 - Homer's Triple Bypass/So it's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5 - Sweet Seymour Skinner's Baadassssss Song/Bart's Inner Child 6 - And Maggie Makes Three/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7 - Bart Sells His Soul/Homerpalooza 8 - Homer's Enemy/The Simpsons Spin-Off Showcase 9 - King of the Hill/Trash of the Titans 10 - Wild Barts Can't Be Broken/Make Room for Lisa

Thread Information