Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The NHC Bottom 50 Episodes (Results!)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Quote Originally Posted by Riviera View Post
    Rightfully not on the list.
    Yeah, there are tons of episodes from Season 10 and beyond that are worse.

I'm not your friend-o Cartoonnetwork's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think these ones are underrated:

50. The Parent Rap
    48. Dude, Where's My Ranch?
    45. Papa Don't Leech
    43. E Pluribus Wiggum
    42. How Munched is That Birdie in the Window?
    41. I'm Goin' to Praiseland
    39. The Lastest Gun in the West (I quite like this one)
    34. G.I. (Annoyed Grunt)
    32. Homer Simpson, This is Your Wife (I actually really like this one)
    30. Co-Dependents Day
    19. Mona Leaves-a (It may not be the best way to kill Mona but it's fairly enjoyable episode)
    15. The Italian Bob
    12. Bart to the Future
    6. That 90s Show (Letting continuity aside, the episode was really sort of good)
    5. Kill Gill Volumes I & II

And I love the first act of Husbands and Knives, but yeah, the rest is a disaster. Also Kill the Alligator and Run not a good episode, but kinda watchable in comparison with most of the others in the list. I'm missing Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder in the list and especially HOMR, which I think it's terrible and potentially worst ever.
    My Simpsons homage!

http://elblogderg.blogspot.com

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cartoonnetwork View Post
    especially HOMR, which I think it's terrible and potentially worst ever.

That got my number one spot on the post-classic list, and is in my top ten favorite episodes...ever. It's a hilarious episode, and ultimately very touching. (However, I do prefer the deleted scene ending where the crayon pokes back out of Homer's nostril, and Lisa pushes it back in, showing she wants her father like he is.) Why don't you like it?
    The original Favorite and least favorite by season
    Shorts: 1: The Pacifier Watching TV 2: World War III Maggie's Brain 3: Bathtime Scary Movie
    Episodes: 1: Krusty Gets Busted The Telltale Head 2: Bart Gets an F The War of the Simpsons 3: Homer at the Bat Separate Vocations 4: Marge vs. the Monorail Krusty Gets Kancelled 5: Cape Feare Lady Bouvier's Lover 6: Homer Badman Lisa on Ice 7: King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8: Simpsoncalifragilisticexpialad'ohcious Homer's Phobia 9: Bart Carny The Trouble with Trillions 10: Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: "Kidney Trouble" 11: Guess Who's Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12: HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13: Tales from the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15: The Ziff Who Came to Dinner Bart-Mangled Banner 16: A Star Is Torn She Used to Be My Girl 17: My Fair Laddy The Italian Bob 18: The Haw-Hawed Couple The Boys of Bummer 19: Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20: Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21: The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22: Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23: The Falcon and the D'ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24: Hardly Kirk-ing What Animated Women Want 25: The War of Art What to Expect When Bart's Expecting

Voted "Best Taste" in NHC awards. Therefore, I'm right, you're wrong.

I'm not your friend-o Cartoonnetwork's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Some scenes are well written but this has the worst premise in the history of the show. Homer Simpson, the character we all know and love, is stupid just because he got a crayon stuck in his brain that they have never detected before. He gets rid of the crayon and voila! he's more clever. First of all, introducing crayons in your nostrils is not something a clever kid would do. Secondly, if just removing this makes Homer clever then his whole character is crap. Dumb people in real life are dumb because of genetics, education or a combination of both things, not because they got crayons in their brains (I know about that person in real life that had been in a similar situation but I doubt removing the crayon made him-or her? I don't remember- more intelligent).

This is a much, much worse premise than Prince and The Pauper or That 90's Show cause it completely destroys what the main character is all about.

It doesn't help that the whole idea of Moe reintroducing the crayon in Homer's nostril is an incredibly disgusting scene, even for dark humor, and that there are other disgusting or flawed jokes like Barney having his whole body full of ears or the mutated parrot.

Finally, to demonstrate Homer is dumb again he just jumps into his house breaking the window. Yeah, surely that's what a lazy doofus like Homer would do. That's not dumb, that's just plain retarded and not something classic Homer would even think of doing.

It may have some good satiric scenes like Homer discovering that being clever doesn't make him appreciate the movies that much, but this episode is horribly flawed. Simpsons Comics did this premise in a much better way.

Blog Entries

First of all, introducing crayons in your nostrils is not something a clever kid would do. Secondly, if just removing this makes Homer clever then his whole character is crap. Dumb people in real life are dumb because of genetics, education or a combination of both things, not because they got crayons in their brains (I know about that person in real life that had been in a similar situation but I doubt removing the crayon made him-or her? I don't remember- more intelligent).
    While genetics are obviously the more realistic factors, I don't see it outside the realm of possibility that someone's intelligence could decline by getting a foreign object lodged in their brain.

This is a much, much worse premise than Prince and The Pauper or That 90's Show cause it completely destroys what the main character is all about.
    How so, exactly? I think it's a very creative way to explain Homer's intelligence loss, and how he's actually a pretty smart guy. If anything, I think it actually adds something to the character.

It doesn't help that the whole idea of Moe reintroducing the crayon in Homer's nostril is an incredibly disgusting scene, even for dark humor, and that there are other disgusting or flawed jokes like Barney having his whole body full of ears or the mutated parrot.
    Heh heh heh...To each their own, I suppose.

Finally, to demonstrate Homer is dumb again he just jumps into his house breaking the window. Yeah, surely that's what a lazy doofus like Homer would do. That's not dumb, that's just plain retarded and not something classic Homer would even think of doing.
    Well, to be fair here, since Homer was extremely smart just a couple minutes ago, I think it was actually a good idea for the writers to do this. They needed to signify that Homer is dumb again. If it were a different episode that he did this in, I would understand, but since he was just smart, Homer acting like he normally does likely wouldn't have the same impact it usually would, so some exaggeration was needed to completely get the point across.

It may have some good satiric scenes like Homer discovering that being clever doesn't make him appreciate the movies that much, but this episode is horribly flawed. Simpsons Comics did this premise in a much better way.
    I find this to be an episode that manages to be incredibly funny, yet very touching at the same time. It's a great bonding experience between Homer and Lisa, and it shows some of the obstacles an intelligent person has to deal with.

prejudiced against all races zach's Avatar

"Defense, uh uh, Defense uh, uh."

How so, exactly? I think it's a very creative way to explain Homer's intelligence loss, and how he's actually a pretty smart guy. If anything, I think it actually adds something to the character.
    How about he was born that way and the premise of him being absent minded doesn't need an explanation. Again to make an analogy with "Principal and the Pauper" this would be like saying Skinner really was a hippie protester during the Vietnam War not a soldier involved in the conflict that had been established in other episodes.

In this case it did detract from Homer's characterization by needlessly changing his back story to him being smart. This was a much more drastict change in character in my estimation than anything presented in "Pauper".

Personally this might not make my 50 worst episode list but it is far from being one of the best of the post classic era.
    Last edited by The Thompsons; 03-14-2012 at 07:58 PM.
    I'm just like Bart!
    I'm Bart, who are you? by The No Homers Club

Well... fuck.

That's good internet right there.

Let's be honest, most of the writers and 99% of the viewers don't read this deeply into the events/timeline/continuity of the show to care that much.
    The writers just have to make it SEEM feasiby possible. I thought it was a very good one-off episode idea.

i'd rather watch "Kill the Alligator and Run" then any episode from season 15 to present.

Banned

Good list but Saddlesore is too high!

ooooooooooooooooooh leprechaun_dan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Legit list. But Moe Goes From Rags to Riches should be on here. I don't know whether this list was compiled before it was aired, but this episode definitely deserves a spot.
    [SIZE=1] Check out my South Park episode ideas in my user notes (Note: It's the fifth and last note): http://www.nohomers.net/usernote.php...ewuser&u=41294

"I got blisters on me fingers!" ~ Ringo Starr (Helter Skelter)

Led Zeppelin IV > Houses of the Holy > Physical Graffiti > Led Zeppelin II > Led Zeppelin I > Led Zeppelin III > Presence > In Through the Out Door > Coda

Food-Crazed Maniac Oh, that's raspberry!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't think it is the worst of Season 23, but yeah Rags aired over a month after the results for this.

Stonecutter

Some really surprising results there for a few epis. But most deserve their crappy place.
    "I shouldn't have eaten that packet of powdered gravy I found in the parking lot..."

Blog Entries

Russian fans Top100:
    33. The Italian Bob
    Better than LETS, You Only Mive Twice and Cape Feare.
    And that isn't a joke!

You can like it all you want Safety Inspector, but I think it is right where it belongs

1 good post in every 5 The Spruce Moose's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Safety Inspector View Post
    Russian fans Top100:
    33. The Italian Bob
    Better than LETS, You Only Mive Twice and Cape Feare.
    And that isn't a joke!
    Come check out The Simpsons Hurt and Heal Tournament II - Season 14

4 = 6 > 3 > 5 > 2 = 7 > 8 > 1 > 9 > 10 > 14 > 15 > 11 > 12 > 13 > 16 > 18 > 17 and who gives a fuck after that

Surprised that Sunday Cruddy Sunday isnt here. A little gimmicky.

EDIT: At least it made the extended list.
    Last edited by CollectorCharlie; 03-25-2012 at 08:45 AM.

you people are all crazy.

Don't you know I am serious!! Rembrandt Q. Einstein's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sorry to bump this up, but I bet that this year's Bottom 50 (if we're having one) will have Lisa Goes Gaga, Moe Goes From Rags to Riches, Politically Inept..., The Doh'cial Network, maybe A Totally Fun Thing, Moonshine River, Penny Wise-Guys and Homer Goes to Prep School. All pretty unpopular episodes. Oh, and the Season 24 finale.
    In order to effect the maximum taste out of food such as a boiled sweet.

good list, nice to see "Homer Simpson, This Is Your Wife" on there , amongst my circle of IRL friends this is the most talked about dire episode.

This list is actually.... pretty darn accurate. Old but good. By now you should add Moe Goes From Rags To Riches and Lisa Goes Gaga somewhere at the top.

I do think that episodes like Kill the Alligator and Run, It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad Marge and Tennis The Menace get way too much hate. They are far from good episodes, but atleast they are silly and you can sometimes laugh at how bad it is. Most of my hated episodes are just bad to begin with, not even ''its so bad its good'' bad, just plain bad.

Quote Originally Posted by The Governor View Post
    Husbands and Knives at #4 surprised me. I didn't love it or anything, but I never noticed it being THAT terrible, just boring.
    Suprised me aswell, but then I remember how horrible the episode gets after the first act

(I know its an old post )
    Episodes rated best and worst from each season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: The Way We Was/Bart's Dog Gets an F 3: Colonel Homer/Dog of Death 4: Marge vs. The Monorail/So It's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Bart Gets An Elephant 6: Treehouse of Horror V/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Mother Simpson/Homerpalooza 8: You Only Move Twice/The Canine Mutiny 9: Lisa's Sax/Bart Carny 10: Lisa Gets an A/Sunday Cruddy Sunday 11: Behind The Laughter/Beyond Blunderdome 12: Trilogy of Error/The Computer Wore Menace Shoes 13: I Am Furious Yellow/Homer the Moe 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little/Large Marge 15: The Way We Weren't/Diatribe of a Mad Housewife 16: Thank God Its Doomsday/Mommie Beerest 17: Marge's Son Poisoning/Bonfire of the Manatees 18: Marge Gamer/Revenge is Best Served Three Times 19: Treehouse of Horror XVIII/That 90's Show 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Eeny Teeny Maya Moe 21: O Brother, Where Bart thou?/The Devil Wears Nada 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fool Monty 23: Holidays of Future Passed/Moe Goes From Rags To Riches 24: Adventures In Baby-Getting/Whiskey Business 25: Brick Like Me/White Christmas Blues

Season ranking: 3 > 6 > 5 > 7 > 4 > 8 > 2 > 1 > 10 > 9 > 15 > 13 > 22 > 20 > 16 > 14 > 12 > 23 > 19 > 17 > 11 > 24 > 18 > 21

Simpsons Episodes I've made so far:

The Simpsons Play: ''World Of WarCraft'' - http://www.nohomers.net/showthread.p...isode-included!)

Totally agree with number 1 worse episode. I knew "The Greatest Story Ever Doh'ed" was howlingly unpleasant when Sacha Cohen opened his mouth. That episode was totalled thx to him.

Good list. Personally, i would have Its A Mad Mad Mad Mad Marge or Bart-Mangled Banner as the worst. (Althought The Greatest Story Ever Dohed are awful too) And im pretty suprised Sunday Cruddy Sunday did not make it. But otherwise its an good list, some disagreements but generally a good list.
    My quest to rewatch, grade and review all episodes of The Simpsons:
    http://www.nohomers.net/showthread.p...Reviews-Reborn

Most of the time, I understand why certain episodes are hated (even if I don't always agree, like in the case of Simpson Safari and Bart to the Future, but I usually do). One episode, though, that I have never been able to figure out the hate for is Greatest Story Ever D'ohed. I just don't get why that episode receives so much hate. It's not really a good episode, but, IMO, there are many, many episodes that are worse than it.

Bart Mangled Banner probably deserves to be at the bottom (as many people know, my personal choice for bottom episode is controversial, and I would never expect it to be at the bottom. My second personal choice would be Politically Inept, which I haven't seen mentioned as the worst episode ever very much). Another episode that I think possibly deserves to be at the bottom is Saddlesore Galactica (why is that episode at #17?!). I could also get behind Lisa Goes Gaga, Elementary School Musical, and THOH XXII. There are other episodes frequently cited as worst episode ever that I haven't seen in a while but might agree with the consensus on: Kill the Alligator and Run and Rags to Riches. Some surprises for me are Million Dollar Abie and The Italian Bob. I wasn't aware either of those episodes were hated that much.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jims View Post
    49. The Mansion Family
    48. Dude, Where's My Ranch?
    44. Simpsons Tall Tales
    41. I'm Goin' to Praiseland
    26. Pokey Mom
    12. Bart to the Future
    these ones I disagree with, the rest are pretty awful

I wonder why Judge Me Tender is considered a very bad episode, and ranked 16th in the list. The main plot with Moe was pretty boring, but the Homer & Marge subplot was pretty good and funny. There are way more bad episodes than this one

Oh come ooon Kill the Alligator and Run isn't THAT bad. I mean it's not the best Episode but it has it's moments. It's better than almost every episode on that list. I'd understand if it's like at the bottom of the list but over That 90's Show?! Nooo waayyy...

Yeah, its still a mystery for me why that episode is considered the worst in NHC. Its another ''so bad but good'' episode, that still has some good jokes, just with a messed up plot.

Banned

it's not as bad as his reputation suggests but it is pretty bad to be honest

Thread Information