(Users Browsing this Thread: )
I don't mind the waiting for the next colelctor's edition to come out. Lets be honest, all the best seasons have been released already
I wrote this there back in December:
I wanted a Patty and Selma cover and I'd still be fine with one, but now I'm thinking it might finally be time for a Ned cover with heaven as the theme. It would work really well for the last disc at least what with Father Sean, Home Away From Homer, and the Doomsday episodes all near the end of the set. Plus they could easily work in the Buddha Homer from the Ling episode and Flanders' bible movie from Hail Mary Pass. I'd think a sky blue cover color would be nice for it.
Oh, and Reverend Homer from Marrying too. I might have to think about this more...
Disc one could even have angel Homer, Ned, and the angel garage from The Ned Zone!
also wasn't spongebob and some other people in heaven at the end of "she used to be my girl"?
Jesus appears in Mobile Homer as well, about to kill Ned.
Just a random question, or bunch of questions, I didn't feel deserved its own thread: I gave up on the season boxsets soon after they hit the Scully era, with the change of packaging in season 11 being the deal-breaker for me. I'm now considering getting the first few Jean solo years, probably up to 16, with the one disadvantage being my case of OCD will probably lead to endless frustrations about the missing seasons even if they are the worst. But I digress. But just a few general questions:
1. I gather the new style of packaging has improved since season 11, with the discs being more accessible and the cardboard they're resting on leading to less problems with scratching. At what point do they improve, and how much better is the situation now?
2. Do the commentaries improve post-Scully?
Thanks to anyone who can help!
Season 25 Ratings
13 on are a noticeable improvement, possibly even 12 I forget. Commentaries vary on your personal preference I think. For example I think the commentary for I Am Furious Yellow is hilarious, one of the best, but it's basically all Stan Lee ass kissing. Jean doesn't act like he barely remembers the episodes and can't be bothered like Scully though, there's that much, but there still is tons of off-topic and repetition to fill them. I like the Jean commentaries better than the Scully ones yes.
Oh, and something to keep in mind is that Season 16 starts a new cycle regarding set design, so it might not be like the current cardboard ones. We'll have to wait and see...
1. As I recall, 12's packaging and everything thereafter is good.
2. Commentaries are, I think, worse after Scully. Scully was at least funny if he wasn't informative (and there were still plenty of informative commentaries) but Jean's commentaries seem to be by and large filler.
(This post was ninja'd by Oh, that's raspberry!, but I refuse to redact it. I will have my moment!)
I entirely disagree with you commentary wise, but like I said, a matter of taste.
I don't think the remaining seasons are worth releasing, since they are easily the worst (16-19 and 21-24). My opinion ofcourse
Scully's commentaries were always good for a laugh or two, and maybe some info. Jean's commentaries are mostly just saying the same boring information repeatedly, with a laugh every once in a while.
5. Moonshine River - B 2. Treehouse of Horror XXIII - B+ 9. Adventures in Baby Getting - B - 4. Gone Abie Gone - B 17. Penny-Wiseguys - C
9. A Tree Grows In Springfield - B- 7. The Day the Earth Stood Cool - B 1. To Cur, With Love - A- 8. Homer Goes To Prep School - B- 14. A Test Before Trying - C 6. The Changing of the Guardian - B 15. Love is a Many-Splintered Thing - C 3. Hardly Kirk-ing - B+ 11. Gorgeous Grampa - B - 16. Black-Eyed Please C 13. Dark Knight Court - C+ 12. What Animated Women Want - C+
And I disagree with your opinion, big shock I know...
But your opinion is factually incorrect.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)