Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Season 15 DVD & Blu-Ray

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Quote Originally Posted by cinco View Post
    If it might have ended in season 8, then Fox would've asked Seth to revive it around this time.
    (aka what's happening with The Flintstones)
    Oh don't say that, if The Simpsons does end in a few years in 20 years Seth probably will revive it. At this point he will be the CEO of FOX and FOX will just be showing all 40 of his Family Guy spin-offs pretty much all the time. Heck, there'll even be a 'Herbert the Pervert: The Early Years' show! Those will be dire times indeed.

EDIT: Oh wow this is my 138TH POST SPECTACULAR!!!! WOO HOO!!

Blog Entries

What a clever and amusing anecdote.
    Quote Originally Posted by JESUS CHRIST 22
    dont bother saying how i spelt changed as chenged thats how its spelt in heaven
    Season 26 Ratings:
    ----

4 > 5 > 6 > 2 > 7 > 8 > 3 > 1 > 10 > 9 > 12 > 11 > 15 > 20 > 14 > 13 > 18 > 16 > 19 > 17 > 21 = 22 = 23 = 24 = 25

Nice artwork. I could actually see those on future DVD/Bluray sets.

I was browsing the web and found this website.
    http://www.neoseeker.com/Movies/Prod...teenth_season/

I thought it was interesting because it stated that there will be commentary on every episode.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FranklinGeorge View Post
    I thought it was interesting because it stated that there will be commentary on every episode.
    Oh wow what a nice change of pace.

Blog Entries

I've moved the fan-created DVD covers to its own thread in Itchy & Scratchy Studios because it was getting kind of excessive

Blog Entries

Damn, this thread feels empty now.

at the other side of reality cinco's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Then talk about the actual season.
    Still think the christmas-episode is the best episode in S15. (though I have that one already)
    I guess 'The Wandering Juvie' isn't that bad either. And it gave Sarah Michelle Gellar the chance to do a type of character she usually ain't cast for.

Can't wait to watch "Simple Simpson". I've always loved that episode and I've purposely avoided watching every episode from Season 15 since the S13 DVD came out so that I have something "fresh" to look forward to

Food-Crazed Maniac Oh, that's raspberry!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

I consider "The Way We Weren't" to be the last truly great flashback episode and one which, when combined with all the others from "The Way We Was" to "Lisa's Sax," makes a great watch of Simpson family history.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Nice artwork. I could actually see those on future DVD/Bluray sets.

I was browsing the web and found this website.
    http://www.neoseeker.com/Movies/Prod...teenth_season/

A.. it's probably wrong or it will change but I find it much more interesting that it gives a release date at the bottom.

North America: August 07th

Scotland ( That means Groundskeeper Willie!)

The UK's getting it soon, right? Cause, a couple of Simpsons DVDs actully came out in the UK before America. Can't wait! Really looking forward to Treehouse of Horror XVI. Really hope they take away the scruffy CD slots from S11-14.
    The greatest joy of life is sax.
    "May your new sax bring you years of d'oh!

Quote Originally Posted by SaxSolo View Post
    Really hope they take away the scruffy CD slots from S11-14.
    I'd think they would change the scruffy CD slots after Season 15 which is to say starting from Season 16. The inside design of the boxsets changes every 5 seasons. Season 1 to 5 had those unfoldable boxsets, seasons 6 to 10 had those stacked up disc slots and I'd imagine that Seasons 11 to 15 included would have those scruffy CD slots.

Food-Crazed Maniac Oh, that's raspberry!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Can't wait! Really looking forward to Treehouse of Horror XVI.
    Sadly, Treehouse of Horror XVI is in Season 17, not 15, we're getting Treehouse of Horror XIV, which is pretty good imo...

Blog Entries

The UK's getting it soon, right?
    there's no way of knowing. we could find out anytime. i reckon we won't find out anything until may or so, if not later.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Really hope they take away the scruffy CD slots from S11-14.
    They fixed this package problem (in the US) on the Blu-ray releases of 13 and 14, it's a good digipack case with a cardboard sleeve over it so it looks just like the others on your shelf.. but skinny.. it's actually the best packaging.

Plus on BD it's one less disc you have to fumble with when having a marathon.

Blog Entries

Yeah on Blu, but it's still apparent on the DVD's, and definitely won't be fixed 'til 16 at least, because they always keep the design the same for 5 seasons no matter how many complaints. (except for the infamous season 6 box set)

vs. Radioactive Man Captain Squid's Avatar

I still don't get how the boring ol' blu-ray package is seen as better than the DVD package when the DVD package has the beautiful two sided fold out artwork.

If anything, the blu-ray package would make more sense with the glossy cardboard sleeves thanks to blu-rays being incredibly resistant to scratches.

I'd hate to see the DVD's turn into plastic cases. I'd rather like to see the blu-ray versions maintain the packaging of the DVDs, like how the Futurama blu-rays are handled.
    UP AND ATOM!

Blog Entries

Season 14's wasn't that great, imo.

Ok. I was bored one day, so I decided to look through Twitter, and I checked out tweets by NoHomers. Here is what I found.

https://twitter.com/thenohomersclub/...20925941288960

Can someone tell me why this "RJS160" guy was banned?

Blog Entries

he posted a bunch of info in the s14 dvd thread, like who was participating in the commentaries, but it turned out to be all fake. this went on for a few pages, and anytime anyone asked where he got the information, he never said; he had an 'inside source' or whatever

i think he also made a second account after being banned, but i don't remember

Blog Entries

And it got banned too, of course.

I just read through the multiple posts by that user on the Season 14 DVD thread, and he must've been a jerk. What kind of normal person would lie, apologize, then lie more after apologizing. Some people have no brain.

We should be getting the front cover for Season 15 in the next two to three weeks. Last year, the cover for Season 14 was released around May 15th 2011 and the year before that the cover for Season 13 was released around May 5th 2010. So keep an eye open on the internet.

Last year, I spotted the cover of Season 14 on Amazon.uk but I don't know if it will be somewhere else on the internet this year...

I've decided to predict what I think the commentary participants should be on this release.

Matt Groening, Al Jean, Writers, Directors, Producers, Cast Members (Jon Lovitz?).

P.S. I think they should stick with having a maximum of 7 people per episode commentary.

Also, feel free to predict who should and shouldn't participate.

We're out of time.

I've decided to predict what I think the commentary participants should be on this release.

Matt Groening, Al Jean, Writers, Directors, Producers, Cast Members (Jon Lovitz?).

P.S. I think they should stick with having a maximum of 7 people per episode commentary.

Also, feel free to predict who should and shouldn't participate.
    That's an easy prediction. Everyone who was in the season 14 commentaries. It's the exact same staff.

Bill Odenkirk could pop up, and maybe a couple of guest stars such as Sarah Michelle Gellar, but otherwise no change in participants.

at the other side of reality cinco's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't think Sarah will do audiocommentary. She never did it for Buffy so it would surprise me if she was gonna do it for guest-voicing in The Simpsons.

The fact that we haven't heard anything about this yet is causing me to believe this is going to be another December release rather than August. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Maybe they think that shortening the time between announce and release would help sales. So I wouldn't count August out just yet.

The likelihood of an August release is extremely slim in my opinion. It's annoying but it does seem like the standard release pattern will be every Christmas now. How sucky.

I really don't like some of the decisions Fox takes. Look at what happened to the episode guides. They came out with a first book (Seasons 1 to 8), a second book (Seasons 9 and 10), a third book (Seasons 11 and 12) and then a fourth book (Seasons 13 and 14) ; and then all of a sudden they decided to come out with a massive book that had the first 20 seasons of the show in it.

What happens to all those fans who spent their money on the first four books but don't want to buy the episode guide Seasons 1 to 20 because they already have the first fourteen seasons on their shelves ? Well, they got ripped off !

I really hope Fox doesn't have the same idea behind the DVD's and Blu-rays... Fox is easily capable of releasing the first 17 or 18 seasons on DVD and then saying : "Oh wait, the shows finished. Lets give the fans what they deserve, a massive boxset of all 25 Seasons of the Simpsons for 400 $". Once Fox has said something like this, they don't have to worry about doing seperate box-sets for Seasons 19 to 25 ; they have a complete collection !

The fans who have spent all that money on Seasons 1 to 17 or 18 will have no choice. Either they stop collecting the DVD/Blu-rays and never have seasons 19 to 25 on their shelves or they purchase the 400 $ boxset of 25 Seasons.

My whole message is just an assumption and I really hope this doesn't happen...

Thread Information