just out of interest, can anyone link me to the top episodes list?
(Users Browsing this Thread: )
just out of interest, can anyone link me to the top episodes list?
^It isn't up yet, it will be shortly after this one ends in December.
25. Dancin' Homer
24. The Crepes of Wrath
23. Simpsons Bible Stories
22. Faith Off
21. Tennis the Menace
20. The Lastest Gun in the West
19. Rome-old and Juli-eh
18. Mona Leaves-a.
17. All About Lisa
16. No Loan Again, Naturally
15. Four Great Women and a Manicure
14. Coming to Homerica
13. The Blue and the Grey
12. Bart to the Future
11. Kill Gil, Episode I & II
10. Elementary School Musical
9. Simpsons Tall Tales
8. Moms I'd Like To Forget
7. The Great Simpsina
6. The Italian Bob
5. Pranks and Greens
4. I'm Goin' To Praiseland
3. Homer the Father
2. Treehouse of Horror XXII
1. Alone Again Natura-Diddily
Think that's about it.
1) I haven't seen every episode, so they're not exactly worse than 470+ episodes.
2) Season one I don't really consider to be in the "golden era" anyway. I find most of the episodes very generic and sitcom-y. I don't hate them by any means, but yeah. The Crepes of Wrath... I dunno. I've just never liked that episode, ever. And when I bought season one on DVD I still didn't like it. Maybe it's because Bart is by himself for the majority of the episode? I think the family works better together, and I just didn't enjoy the stuff in France with Bart. I didn't like the B-plot much, either. I guess I just think it was too early to take them out of their element. *shrug* It's a little over the top for season one.
3) Dancin' Homer... kind of like The Crepes of Wrath, I've just never liked. I love season two and it's the only one I dislike from that season. Could be because I don't like baseball, but I just found it really, really dull. The beginning is really slow as well, don't particularly like the way the flashback is presented with Homer's narration and such, don't think the biggest joke in the episode (Homer's dancing) is all that funny. I think it's because I never liked it as a kid, mostly. There are episodes I loved as a kid that people think aren't that great, but I just can't find myself to dislike them even though I know they're kinda crappy.
They did only just sneak in there, though. At least I didn't pick something like Last Exit to Springfield!
25. The Seven Beer Snitch
24. We're On The Road To D'oh-where
23. Pokey Mom
22. Double, Double, Boy In Trouble
21. Love, Springfieldian Style
20. Stop Or My Dog Will Shoot
19. On A Clear Day I Can't See My Sister
18. Elementary School Musical
17. Co-Dependents Day
16. Kill Gil, Vol 1 And II
15. Revenge Is A Dish Best Served Three times
14. Milhouse Of Sand And Fog
13. Pranks And Greens
12. How Munched Is That Birdie In The Window
11. My Big Fat Geek Wedding
10. Love Is A Many Strangled Thing
9. Marge And Homer Turn A Couple Play
8. That 90s Show
7. Homer Vs. Dignity
6. Helter Shelter
5. Mona Leaves-A
4. Strong Arms Of The Ma
3. Judge Me Tender
2. Husbands And Knives
1. The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed
Last edited by pocketfox; 11-21-2011 at 08:15 AM. Reason: I'm drunk
Which episode does HANHMP stand for and have you done your own list?
HANHMP is Homer and Ned's Hail Mary Pass. Took me a while though, too.
When writing this list, i was myself surprised when i realized that few of the episodes that i consider the all-time worst stem from season 21 and beyond, which i consider the all-things-considered worst seasons of the show. I guess the thing about these seasons is that the vast majority of episodes are so bland and forgettable that few of them even manage to stick-out as notably terrible ones. The show as it is right now is so dried of original premises and energy that it can seldom even come up with an expectionally terrible episode. The era of expectionally bad episodes for me is season 11-19. This was when the show often tried to put the characters in wacky, new situations. And while many episodes from this era was decent (usually the ones that dint' go for a "wacky adventure"-plot), many of the ones that were bad were really, really bad. Many of the most disjointed storylines i have ever seen on television is to find in the Simpsons episodes of this era.
25 Midnight Rx (season 16)
24 The Scorpions Tale (season 22)
23 Kill the Alligator and Run (season 11)
22 Alone Again, Natura-Diddily (season 11)
21 How i Spent My Strummer Vacation (season 14)
20 C.E D'oh (season 14)
19 Midnight Towboy (season 19)
18 In the Name of the Grandfather (season 20)
17 Judge Me Tender (season 21)
16 A Star is Torn (season 16)
15 The old Man and the Key (season 13)
14 Mona Leaves-a (season 19)
13 Children of a Lesser Clod (season 12)
12 Bart-Mangled Banner (season 15)
11 Homer the Whopper (season 21)
10 Mr Spitz Goes to Washington (season 14)
9 Homer and Ned's Hail Mary Pass (season 16)
8 See Homer Run (season 17)
7 Homer and Marge Turn a Couple Play (season 17)
6 Kiss Kiss, Bang Bangalore (season 17)
5 Redneck's and Broomsticks (season 21)
4 Million Dollar Abie (season 17)
3 Today I Am a Clown (season 15)
2 Papa Dont Leech (season 19)
1 The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed (season 21)
Last edited by Kangdos; 11-20-2011 at 10:05 AM.
Ok, this was really hard. It was like trying to find the 25 kids I dislike the most of my 480ish kids.
25. The Italian Bob
24. Lisa's Sax
23. Last Tap Dance In Springfield
22. Kiss Kiss Bang Bangalore
21. Today, I Am A Clown
20. Father Knows Worst
19. Simpson Tall Tales
18. Bart Gets A "Z"
17. Bart The Genius
16. All About Lisa
15. Pokey Mom
14. Children of A Lesser Clod
13. Last of The Red Hat Mamas
12. Bart's Dog Gets An "F"
11. I Love Lisa
10. Moms I'd Like To Forget
09. Bart To The Future
08. The Fight Before Christmas
07. The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed
06. The Bart Wants What It Wants
05. Homer and Ned's Hail Mary Pass
04. Smoke On The Daughter
03. Gump Roast
02. All Singing, All Dancing
01. Another Simpson Clip Show
I am stunned at how you can rate Bart the Genius as 17th worst episode of all time and Bart's dog gets an F as 12th worst of all time? O_o Also why people in general hate All Singing, All Dancing and Another Simpsons Clip Show so much!
I don't mind All Singing, All Dancing at all... I actually quite enjoy it; having all the songs in one episode, and the bridge segments, and Paint Your Wagon, and stuff. Another Simpsons Clip Show, less so.
I just tend to not include clip shows in lists to give me more room for worse episodes that actually deserve it.
It's a complete cop-out to use clip shows.
It may be a cop out but I would rather watch an entertaining and enjoyable cop out than a boring and unfunny piece of trash like That 90s show or Kill Gill Volumes 1 and 2 etc
Well I meant use cop-outs in the list... but I still like all the clip shows, anyway. They were pretty cool before syndication.
I can see the thought process behind including clip shows(I put one number 1). Still, I actually kinda like the majority of the clip shows for different reasons, but there is one glaring exception. I just find the kitchen love discussion so excruciatingly boring in Another Simpsons Clip Show that I haven't actually watched the episode in years and probably never will again which is something I can't even say about other garbage episodes like Dish Upon a Star or Mona Leaves-a.
the only clipshow i dislike is Another Simpsons Clip Show.
i mean, i get the point of clipshows, and i understand why most people do not like them (for this or any other series really), but i do. i like the stuff outside the clips, and it's just fun to look back at old clips from the show.
the only thing i don't get is why All Singing All Dancing is so despised. maybe not in this thread (i haven't been paying attention to singular episodes in people's lists). I honestly like that episode a lot and consider it one of the bests from s9 (don't hate me).
clip shows have the least amount of original content. The two I chose had boring wraparounds and a shallow story, if any. That was my reasoning for choosing them. That is in no way a cop out. Those are episodes in the Smpsons catalog.
Ironically showing recycled material of the classics in a clip show now would make it one of the better new episodes.
To view various lists about my Simpsons opinions, click the link below.
Happy Thanksgiving to all! By my vague count I believe we have 22ish acceptable lists so far which isn't bad but I was hoping for a few more. Anyway, for anyone who has wanted to get in a list but has not done so yet I urge you to make one following the required specifications by next Thursday, which is probably when this thread will be closed.
I will never understand why Dancin' Homer is hate on so much
If they were to rehash classic ep clips for a new episode it would look desperate, so no.
I am new here so please respect my opinion and i'll do the same.
25- The Blunder Years
24- A Hunka Hunka Burns In Love
23- Brawl In The Family
22- Eight Misbehavin
21- It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad Marge
20- Wild Barts Can't Be Broken
19- Maximum Homerdrive
18- Homer Simpson In: 'Kidney Trouble'
17- The Principal And The Pauper
16- Insane Clown Poppy
15- The Old Man And The 'C' Student
14- The Lastest Gun In The West
13- Homer Simpson, This Is Your Wife
12- Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo
11- Worst Episode Ever
10- Bart-Mangled Banne
09- The Greatest Story Ever D'Ohed
08- Skinner's Sense Of Snow
07- Moe Letter Blues
06- Bart To The Future
05- Pokey Mom
04- The Cartridge Family
03- Kill Gil, Volumes I & II
02- A Midsummer's Nice Dreams
01- A Star Is Born-Again (don't ask me why. i am not sure)
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)