View Poll Results: How would you rate The Food Wife (NABF20)

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5 Mmmm, great episode

40 32.52%
  • 4/5 Tasty

33 26.83%
  • 3/5 Edible

26 21.14%
  • 2/5 Food Wife more like the Snooze Wife hahahaha

14 11.38%
  • 1/5 Subway Sandwich

10 8.13%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rate and Review The Food Wife (NABF20)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

Rate and Review The Food Wife (NABF20)

After enjoying a meal of Ethiopian food, Marge starts a food blog with the kids, leaving Homer feeling left out.

Yes! Got a R&R thread in before Jake! Oh god, I'm so happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by simpsonsbart View Post
    About milk, remember that this word has several meanings...

Banned
    inside of your skeleton, slowly feeding away at your insides,
    Blog Entries

I feel dirty after listening to that song...

BTW, this episode is really weird...

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lolcats View Post
    I feel dirty after listening to that song...

You are at the top of the weird pile.

Well, ya'know if you stay positive and forget about trivial things like "proper characterization," "Satire," and "emotional depth" watching new Simpsons episodes can be a seemingly enjoyable lie.

Blog Entries

Gasp! A censor bleep! THIS SHOW IS SO OFFENSIVE!

And did anyone else notice Lisa smiled along with the family when Moe brought the gang a pizza? She's not a vegetarian anymore apparently.

Anyway, very standard and bland. Ending with the meth lab felt very odd, and the solution was just stupid. 2/5.

Oh hey,

Executive Producer

MATT SELMAN

Executive Producer

AL JEAN
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatorgod View Post
    Back in the day, Daffy & Donald were polar opposites, providing a much needed diverse, full spectrum to the public's Duck entertainment needs.

I enjoyed this a lot more then I probably should have.
    Doesn't mean it's true

Banned
    Blog Entries

I don't know what to think, this episode isn't weird, but, I still don't like it...

Blog Entries

but
    this episode isn't weird,
    Make up your mind.

Nothing Goes Over My Head Walid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

+Cross games

+We’re not a gang! Gangs are cool.

+Android’s Luncheon

+Marge, the kids are acting ethnic!

+I don’t eat anything new unless I’ve eaten it before

-Food rap

-Every video game title parody in act 1

+My kids eat sherbet, only they call it sherbert and wish it was ice cream.

-Homer ghost resuscitating him

+Become a foodie. You’re already a fattie and a drunky

-Gordan Ramsay’s appearance

it was good i thought. probably my favorite of the season thus far. 3.5/5, maybe rounded to a 4.

btw Executive Producer Matt Selman? Is he actually going to overtake Jean sometime (yes, i know Jean was featured after Selman, I'm just curious as to if this means anything)

Has glower power Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That was really good! The beginning at the video game convention was some of the most spot-on humor I've seen from the show in a long time. People who say the show is behind the times need to watch that scene. I did think the way we got into the main plot was a little odd, but once we got in it, it seemed to flow very nicely. I also thought that (for the most part) the characterization was great. The kids usually don't seem to have that much fun with Homer, but's minor. The episode had a lot of jokes that hit their marks, (This episode had more freeze-frame jokes than nearly any episode I remember) and it wrapped up nicely. 5/5, best of the season so far!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Financial Panther View Post
    That was really good! The beginning at the video game convention was some of the most spot-on humor I've seen from the show in a long time.
    Yeah but they're too scared to actually satirize any of them. Funtendo and Gamestation makes the gags 50% less funny, if they were at all.

vs. Radioactive Man Captain Squid's Avatar

Cool

Really surprised by this one! Consistent story throughout, rather original tug of war between Marge and Homer (don't see that sort of dynamic too often), good use of guest stars (Tim and Eric were just normal hipster Springfieldians, big name chefs were in dreams only), great use of Springfield locations (Krustyland was awesome, as was all the restaurants about town).

Favorite episode of the season, 5/5
    UP AND ATOM!

Food-Crazed Maniac Oh, that's raspberry!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

This one had plenty of weird or utterly stupid stuff like the food rap(which wasn't as nearly as painful as I thought it would be), and that scene of Homer crawling up the stairs that went on for too long, but this was probably the best of the season so far for me regardless. I just liked the basic conflict even if it is far from original. The E4 stuff was a solidly fun beginning to the episode despite the puns(which I expect to be thoroughly hammered here) and it was nice watching Marge and the kids enjoying things together. Marge's voice did sound noticeably off in act 1 though, but got better later on. I didn't really laugh out loud too much here, perhaps because some of the food stuff went over my head, but I still found it fairly entertaining and the story managed to feel cohesive from start to finish. By Season 23 standards that earns a 4/5, just barely.

PS: What was with Selman getting the first credit at the end? This a one or two time deal or is Al moving over(seems doubtful)? Also, I don't know for sure since I actually watched this one with other people around and got distracted at times, but did we have a callback at the E4 expo to Chalmskin productions from "Any Given Sundance?"

Blog Entries

Directorial debut of Tim Bailey, who performs pretty well, all things considered. That musical number was much better than the usual "Popular music montage". The conflict between Marge and Homer was a little thin. High 3/5.

I'm a big fan of both Gordon Ramsay and Anthony Bourdain, so I was happy to see them make an appearance. The bleeps were really needed for Ramsay, because that's what he does. This was the best episode of the season so far. A couple of segments showed some of the flaws of the newer episodes though. Specifically, Homer's carrying on about no longer being the "Fun Dad", and Marge's overprotectiveness, bordering on xenophobia. I liked Homer's ghost resuscitating him, and I didn't mind the food rap. It felt a little long, but seemed appropriate for a montage like that. I don't know if it was a parody, and if it was that made it worse. Overall, I'd give this a 3 or 4 out of 5

4/5

This was a good episode. The opening scene at the video game convention was the best part with so many gags it is hard to concentrate on them all. Marge's dream sequence with the cameo by Gordon Ramsay was funny. (BTW the only programs I watch on FOX besides The Simpsons is anything with Gordon Ramsay.) Homer discovering he is at a meth lab was also hilarious. I would've given it a 5/5 but I didn't like the potential racial stereotyping over the misinterpretation of being in a bad neighborhood.

Hired Goon
    Blog Entries

I really liked this one. Yes, it was a gag feet, but not the kind that lingered on really uncomfortable jokes. The humor was really good - "Marge, the kids are acting ethnic" was the hardest I laughed at a Zombie Simpsons line on a long time.

The plot execution was also above average by current standards. Marge's characterization was amazing in this episode - I actually cared for her not feeling liked in the family. I also have to praise the execution of the plot twist. Bad plot twist execution is an epidemic for modern episodes, but the meth lab twist actually grabbed my attention and I absolutely loved Homer's wording when he first entered.

My only complaints are that I felt that Tim and Eric were underused guest stars and that the apple pie triggering a memory for the ringleader was rather stupid. If the pie killed him, that would have been a better twist.

I am, however, able to overlook all these cons and give this episode a B+. Episodes with great humor and execution like this remind me of how much Jeanbot overstayed his welcome. Al Jean, GTFO! Matt Selman should be our new show runner.
    My Simpsons Season Rankings:
    6 > 7 > 3 > 5 > 8 > 4 > 2 > 1 > 9 > 15 > 13 > 14 > 10 > 16 > 12 > 11 > 22 > 21 > 17 > 25 > 24 > 18 > 26 > 20 > 19 > 23

Quote Originally Posted by handsome
    honestly the most burning question i had about you was if you had seen every disney movie so i'm glad that got out of the way first

Blog Entries

God dammit, stop calling it Zombie Simpsons. It irritates me.

Not bad, kind of cute actually. 2.5/5

Quote Originally Posted by Toy Story 2 Was OK View Post
    Yeah but they're too scared to actually satirize any of them.
    Pfft, whatever the fuck you wanna believe.

In reality, I'm preety sure they CAN use the actual names but choose not to because Al & co. want to piss us off with insultingly crappy knockoffs of real-world products, just one of the many things they're intentionally doing to ruin the series and see how crappy they can make it. Only a dillusional fucktard as yourself could actually believe that the staff is scared of using the actual name, mainly because south park uses real-world products & shit all the time even if they have to modify the designs a bit to avoid copyright issues (& I highly doubt the writers of OFF are completely ignorant of such a fact).

Anywho, I didn't even watch the episode & it still gets a 1 from me (preferably, 0 would've been better though).

Food-Crazed Maniac Oh, that's raspberry!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

irvine you just reminded me actually, that Ratatouille reference with the meth lab worker was easily the best part of the episode for me and had me laughing hard.

Also I'm getting tired of no opening. That's the fourth time over the past two years they've done it right? I look forward to seeing my Simpsons opening!!!!

Banned
    Blog Entries

but

Make up your mind.
    I only saw half the episode at first, and I thought it was weird, but then I changed my mind...

But anyways 2/5

vs. Radioactive Man Captain Squid's Avatar

Is this the first time we've seen Krustyland in the series? I think it has been mentioned before, but never seen (Simpsons Wiki cites mentions in Round Springfield and Kamp Krusty).

Only times it has been seen is outside the show: in the Ride, the Bongo Comics Krusty mini-series and in video games.

Football ran just long enough so that they could save time by cutting the credits, and still start on time. I want to see the couch gag, though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Snaked View Post
    Only a dillusional fucktard as yourself
    'kay

Also, why in the hell did you thumbs up my post if in your post you talk down to me about it

withered gas station rose cuckold bart's Avatar

The episode was littered with so many cringe worthy moments. I don't really see what everyone saw in this episode. D

Anywho, I didn't even watch the episode & it still gets a 1 from me (preferably, 0 would've been better though).
    Why do you even bother posting in these threads if you don't watch any of the episodes?

'kay

Also, why in the hell did you thumbs up my post if in your post you talk down to me about it
    Because even though I don't agree with that part, I still agree with you on the fact of parodies such as Funtendo and Gamestation making gags %50 less funny if at all, ftm.

Quote Originally Posted by IceDoesntHelp View Post
    Why do you even bother posting in these threads if you don't watch any of the episodes?
    Because I'm an Asshole, that's why (besides, why bother putting myself through unnecessary torture watching them when I have the DHS to do it for me?).

Blog Entries

Because even though I don't agree with that part, I still agree with you on the fact of parodies such as Funtendo and Gamestation making gags %50 less funny if at all, ftm.
    Well how about not calling me a fucktard.

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Oh, that's raspberry! View Post
    PS: What was with Selman getting the first credit at the end? This a one or two time deal or is Al moving over(seems doubtful)? Also, I don't know for sure since I actually watched this one with other people around and got distracted at times, but did we have a callback at the E4 expo to Chalmskin productions from "Any Given Sundance?"
    Matt Selman creamed his corn with his food fetish so this might just be an episode Jean stepped back and let him take the reigns.

Anyway, I really liked the first act that had nothing to do with food and the rest of this seemed like a so-so Season 12 episode. (Mike Sculy did "How I spent my Strummer Vacation" in the Jean era because he was a major fan of the acts in the episode.)

2/5.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Le Jake View Post
    the rest of this seemed like a so-so Season 12 episode.
    Season 12? Wow, Simpsons. You just got slightly better.

Thread Information