View Poll Results: How do you rate "The Falcon and the D'ohman" (NABF16)?

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5: "You and me, we're best buddies over here"

12 11.01%
  • 4/5: "I can't say we're buddies but we're most certainly friends."

26 23.85%
  • 3/5: "We're just acquaintances"

37 33.94%
  • 2/5: Eh, just another season premiere.

25 22.94%
  • 1/5: Why do I keep watching this show?

9 8.26%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Rate and Review: "The Falcon and the D'ohman" (NABF16)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Rewatched this episode and it certainly was a lot better than I remember, the ending gets a little crazy but it is a very enjoyable episode. 7/10

Blog Entries

A- (8,5\10)
    This episode- is the best season premiere since, maybe, season 10 (THOH isn't good season start).
    Plus:
    - Amazing plot
    - Homer's song and Kim Jong Il
    - Moe's egg
    - Nedna
    - Little Ukraine (Hot Trotzky was really funny)
    - DMV in final
    Minus:
    -Excessive cruelty (it's not Family Guy)

Amazing episode, I liked it, better than I remembered! I encourage you to give it a 5/5!
    Sorry for my english, i use the translator

"The Falcon and the D'ohman"
    A new season premiere, so let's see.

VERY GOOD
    + Walking on the moon' parody (not funny but it felt nice)
    + The taiwanese animation dramatization
    + The auto-tune video (I couldn't stop to laugh. "you're a angel now")

BAD
    - Tom Colicchio's scene
    - The end wasn't satisfactory

FINAL THOUGHTS
    * The flashbacks are weird but the last one when the Ukrainian gangster' wife died was good, actually made me feel sorry.
    * A couple of good jokes here and here
    * A kinda boring first act

Well, good. This was good. Not excelent, just good

GRADE: B
    you are going to kill me because I am not sure how write in english
    The Simpsons - Season 24:Moonshine River: B+ |Treehouse Of Horror XXIII: A- |Adventures In Baby-Getting: B+ |Gone Abie Gone: B+ |Penny-Wiseguys: C+ |A Tree Grows in Springfield: B- |The Day the Earth Stood Cool: B+ |To Cur with Love: B |Homer Goes To Prep School: A- |A Test Before Trying: B+ |The Changing Of The Guardian: B+ |Love Is A Many-Splintered Thing: B- |Hardly Kirk-ing: B+ |Gorgeous Grampa: B |Black-Eyed, Please: B- |Dark Knight Court: A- |What Animated Women Want: C |Pulpit Friction: B |Whisky Business: B+ |The Fabulous Faker Boy: C+ |The Saga Of Carl: B- |Dangers On A Train: B+
    Family guy - Season 12: Finders Keepers: C+ |Vestigial Peter: B+ |Quagmire's Quagmire: C+ |A Fistful of Meg: B- |Boopa-dee Bappa-dee: C | Life of Brian: B+ | Into Harmony's Way: B | Christmas Guy: B- | Peter Problems: C | Grimm Job: C- | Brian's a Bad Father: C+ | Mom's the Word: C | 3 Acts of God: B-
    American dad - Season 9: Steve & Snot's Test-Tubular Adventure: A- |Poltergasm: B |Buck, Wild: B |Crotchwalkers: B+ |Kung Pao Turkey: C+ |Independent Movie: A- |Faking Bad: B+ | Minstrel Krampus: B- | Vision: Impossible: B | Familyland: A- | Cock of the Sleepwalk: B
    Bob's burgers - Season 4: A River Runs Through Bob: C+ |Fort Night: A- |Seaplane!: B- |My Big Fat Greek Bob: B |Turkey in a Can: B+ |Purple Rain-Union: B |Bob and Deliver: A- | Christmas in the Car: B+ | Slumber Party: A- | Presto Tina-o: B | Easy Com-mercial, Easy Go-mercial: B | The Frond Files: B+

Jack Bauer talking random CTU babble in his sleep was the hardest I laughed recently for an ep. Beginning was a bit slow & ending a bit odd but not bad at all. 4/5 or B+

A solid episode. Grade: B

* The jokes: There were hits and misses, but more hits than misses: it was funny most of the time.
    * Characterization: No obvious problems here.
    * The plot: It kind of reminded me of Homer's Enemy in the beginning, but it was different enough. Nice 24 parody and good enough story, but it suffered a bit because everything was about Kiefer's character and, except for some nice Homer moments, the Simpsons were guest stars in their own show.

Stonecutter Joey Joe-Joe Jnr Shabadoo's Avatar

100 votes now, nice!

It wasn't awful but it was pretty boring and most of the jokes didn't work for me. Sutherland's character had absolutely zero personality and the celebrity parodies became annoying. 2/5

I liked a lot about this episode, but it is brought down by typical late Jean-era ridiculousness (by which I mean things that would never happen in real life, such as Homer being held captive under the ice). I mean, there is a lot I'm willing to overlook when it is done right, but it just comes off as awkward more often than not in this era. On the positive side, I liked Wayne and thought he was one of the more interesting recent one-time characters (most of this episode's strength comes from him), and the plot, while not the best, was okay (I think more time should have been spent on the Ukrainians, though). I also liked the flashbacks. 5/10
    Last edited by Insanity Pepper; 01-16-2014 at 03:39 PM.

Meanest City In America SpringfieldGood's Avatar

I completely lost it when Homer said there are no Google Earth photos of Springfield because they couldn't find a picture of the town without one containing Homer naked or urinating.
    WE'RE GONNA HAVE FAMILY FUN

Boring episode, the one-time character was pretty another forgettable Jean-era one-time character and the marioity of the jokes werent funny. 2/5
    My quest to rewatch/review and grade all episodes of The Simpsons. (Season 1-24 completed so far)
    http://www.nohomers.net/showthread.p...gs-and-reviews

Season 25 ratings: Homerland: C- Treehouse Of Horror XXIV: C Four Regrettings And A Funeral: C- Yolo: D+ Labor Pains: D+ The Kid Is All Right: C- Yellow Subterfuge: D- White Christmas Blues: F Steal This Episode: B Married To The Blob: C Specs And The City: D Diggs: D+ The Man Who Grew Too Much: C The Winter Of His Content: D The War Of Art: B You Dont Have To Live Like A Referee: C- Luca$: F Days Of Future Future: F

Thread Information