Page 17 of 2496 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627671175171017 ... LastLast

Thread: The Lounge: It's Jaw-Dropping

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Brakes 4 Committees Zombies Rise from the Sea's Avatar

Today's also the day of the big $500 million lottery drawing hyped so heavily in the news; even though there's a lick of chance I'll win (and $10 bucks down the drain due to some computer malfunction which gave me $2 worth $5 each.) It's still fun to play and hopefully my randomization of numbers will help me out at least a bit. I'm still pissed I made a mistake when I first entered the numbers.

I'm annoyed by the amount of local news coverage this is getting; with the lottery and Dodgers being big stories, you'd think there'd be room for something else but no, it's all lottery and Dodgers; hopefully things should even out after tomorrow.

Formally Fry-O-Rama Homer Defined's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zombies Rise from the Sea View Post
    Today's also the day of the big $500 million lottery drawing hyped so heavily in the news; even though there's a lick of chance I'll win (and $10 bucks down the drain due to some computer malfunction which gave me $2 worth $5 each.) It's still fun to play and hopefully my randomization of numbers will help me out at least a bit. I'm still pissed I made a mistake when I first entered the numbers.

I'm annoyed by the amount of local news coverage this is getting; with the lottery and Dodgers being big stories, you'd think there'd be room for something else but no, it's all lottery and Dodgers; hopefully things should even out after tomorrow.
    Unless no no one happens to win again tonight then it rolls over to a higher amount and then they'll be lottery fever going into another week. It's amazing how so many folks in the media are jumping in on this. I know if any of them won they would pull a Kent Brockman and wouldn't return to work the next day.
    Jimbo Jones: [about Homer] I hear that guy's ass has it's own congressman!
    Bart Simpson: I wash myself with a rag on a stick.
    Homer Simpson: [takes cap out of dryer and puts it on his head] Mmmmm... I CAN feel three types of softness.
    Lisa Simpson: [from upstairs] Dad, what are you doing down there?
    Homer Simpson: Washing my fat guy's hat honey!

Chinese daylight vampire kupomog's Avatar

Ugh I wish we could play the lottery here. Having a miniscule chance is better than having no chance at all.

might do something not nice Jims's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Gawd, I have no idea what I would do with all that money. I mean, what do rich people do day after day after day?

Don't get me wrong, the first several months would be easy, but how much sitting around and traveling and playing golf can one person do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jims View Post
    Gawd, I have no idea what I would do with all that money. I mean, what do rich people do day after day after day?

Don't get me wrong, the first several months would be easy, but how much sitting around and traveling and playing golf can one person do?
    They have enough money to choose to do whatever they want. Sounds pretty good to me.

Food-Crazed Maniac Oh, that's raspberry!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm sure this doesn't really work like this but I'm pretty damn stupid so I'll ask anyway: The odds for winning this is 1 in 125 million correct? Each ticket costs a buck correct? Why doesn't some billionaire buy 125 million tickets? Wouldn't he/she instantly net 400 plus million?

might do something not nice Jims's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Company Picnic View Post
    They have enough money to choose to do whatever they want. Sounds pretty good to me.
    Yeah, I sounded slightly too negative in that post... I meant more in a general, "Would you get bored after awhile of doing nothing?" kind of way. I would probably waste a lot of my time sitting around playing $1/$2 poker in Vegas.

Quote Originally Posted by Oh, that's raspberry! View Post
    I'm sure this doesn't really work like this but I'm pretty damn stupid so I'll ask anyway: The odds for winning this is 1 in 125 million correct? Each ticket costs a buck correct? Why doesn't some billionaire buy 125 million tickets? Wouldn't he/she instantly net 400 plus million?
    That is correct, although I think the odds are like 1 in 170 million. After taxes, I read you'd get (only) $460 million, although the general principle still works.

(Although if you had to split the jackpot with 3-4 people, it might be bad news for a $170 million dollar investment.)

Blog Entries

Still seems broken to me...

I wouldn't get bored at all. I could get a house, land, whatever I need for living, for my family, for loans, whatever I need for babies, bricks of weed, etc etc.

There's so much to do with that money really. I guess to some people it seems like you would get "bored" but to have no money and then have what feels like all the money...that is a feeling that I can't possibly see disliking ever.

R.I.P. Marcia "Edna" Wallace! Edgar Allan Moz's Avatar

Am I the only one that hasn't thought of or purchased a ticket for the Lottery tonight?

I haven't but not by choice.

I know it's a stupid question but I feel so left out because so many people on my Facebook page went out and bought a ticket.

It's ok, so do I

As sad as it sounds, I think winning the lottery would bring more misery than pleasure...don't you think?

Blog Entries

No, I don't. I have always felt that winning the lottery would bring something far more important than happiness: peace of mind.

That said I haven't purchased a ticket either so...

Nope. It might bring a bunch of moochers out of the woodworks. But I pretty much already listed all the things that all that money would help me out with. It means a lot to be financially secure.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mozy View Post
    As sad as it sounds, I think winning the lottery would bring more misery than pleasure...don't you think?
    There've been a lot of horror stories about people who win the lottery, and then everybody wants a piece of the pie, so they end up suing the person for ridiculous reasons or the person basically gives all their money away because they're too generous. You just have to be careful if you win. It's best to get out of town for awhile and get an unlisted phone number until you've cleared your head. The most important thing is not to make promises to anyone unless you're absolutely sure.

Of course, this is all assuming you win...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mozy View Post
    Nah. It's mostly peoples own fault. There was a guy over here who won the lottery, spent 9.2 million on drugs, gambling and prostitutes and then went back to his job as a garbage man, but I've not seen any other lottery winners on the news for that sort of thing.

Surely you've got the money to keep space between yourself any potential moochers? If I was American and had plenty of cash, I'd just go and live in the wilderness in the desert or on the plains or something.

Either way, I'll take my current life instead of a "winning the lottery" life ANY DAY.

Banned
    Blog Entries

K guys, I'm going on vacation real soon.

I think I just gave birth to a baby beluga whale.

Banned
    Blog Entries

pics or it didn't happen

That's what I was saying to your old lady last night.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Man, your avatar is trippy!

Banned
    Blog Entries

It hurts the souls of the damned.

Ow.

Hypnotoad may have something to say about this.

Banned
    Blog Entries

I grilled when I got out of work tonight, there's nothing better than grilling your own food!

Banned
    Blog Entries

At the Holiday Inn

Thread Information