Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Maude Flanders was a sociopath.

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Banned
    Blog Entries

Maude Flanders was a sociopath.

I've wanted to make this thread for a long time now. It's going to focus on the true nature of Ned's late wife Maude. I'm quite suprised nobody has noticed this before; obviously they've seen the signs, but nothing has been put together. When you've finished reading this post, I promise you, everything will be wrapped up in a neat little package and you'll never look at Maude Flanders the same way again.

Ah yes, Maude Flanders. Have you ever noticed how she doesn't... fit in with the rest of the Flanderses? On the outside, she resembles a goody-goody, visiting church and keeping up appearances, but whenever she's given some dialogue away from the family, her true self is risen to the surface.

Let's take a look at the beginning of The Twisted World of Marge Simpson, where the ladies are thinking of new franchise ventures.

Without hesitation, she's agreeing to kick Marge Simpson out of their group. Just look at that expression. Even Marge realizes something is askew. But we're all aware of mob mentality, so let's give her the benefit of the doubt. For now.

What I'd prefer to direct you towards is Maude's opinion of her husband, Ned. She loathes him. She wants him finished, deceased, and sleeping with the fishes. Have you ever seen this sociopath show any sign of affection towards him? After she passed on (which I'll get to later), it became clear she didn't want to be with the poor guy at all.

Why does her imprint show she was facing away? Keep in mind that this was an imprint. Every single time she faced away from Ned, to the point where her body actually made a lasting impression in the matress.

Maude: That is it, Ned! If you don't unplug that phone right now, you're sleeping on the lawn.

Could you imagine Ned saying that to Maude? Hell, could you imagine Marge saying that to Homer? Quite odd, considering Ned and Maude are supposed to be the perfect couple, in the perfect family.

Remember the time Ned was about to be attacked by a bear?

What was the excuse that Maude used on why she wouldn't unlock the door? "I can't work the knob"?

...Yeeeeah... Well, she got it eventually, right?

Naw.

She wanted Ned dead, and probably the rest of her family too. Those family tombstones she bought needed to be put to good use.

"Neddy? Where have you been? Whenever you go on one of your late-night fog walks I get so worried."

LOL, yeah, let's just look at her expression right before she discovered Ned was safe.

Does that look like worry to you? Or the pleasant feeling of content knowing that her husband could possibly be dead?

Anybody remember the other time Ned went missing? She showed up at Marge's door and was like, "Hey, did your husband come home last night? Because mine didn't." and then left it up to The Simpsons and Lovejoy to go find him. Hell, she didn't even ask. Marge thought it was her fault and went to retrieve him herself.

Take a look at the disapointment in her face the next time she appears. She's the only one without her mouth open. She doesn't care about Lovejoy's story. She's... dead inside, knowing her husband survived the baboon attack.

We all remember the time Ned was forced to leave the bomb shelter, when Bart's comet was heading towards the town.

Maude: Oh, I'm coming with you, Neddy.
    Ned: No, sweetheart, you...you stay here because --
    Maude: [quickly] OK.

Those really are the words of a loving wife!

Fortunately, all that God worshipping payed off for old Ned, when he struck Maude down before she delved deeper into sociopathy and had a chance to kill him.

And if anybody's looking for more proof that she was evil, then explain to me how the hell she came back as this...

Oh yeah, and she was really the one who shot Mr Burns.
    Last edited by Diversity Pumpkin; 08-07-2011 at 06:43 AM.

Blog Entries

nice
    "I can write better than anybody who can write faster, and I can write faster than anybody who can write better."
    - A. J. Liebling (1904-1963)

" Well i always thought if a song was not going to say something, it should be an instrumental "
    - Gil Scott Heron ( NPR 1985 )

yes, yes i can buy this. i wish to subscribe to your newsletter to prevent further psychopathy catching me off guard. how much money ought i send to you?

and quite frankly, i've always had my suspicions about that weird kid out there
    you mean bart?
    yeah. ""BART""
    O_o
    We are trying to archive all of the noteworthy, substantial and important Simpsons related posts/threads on the NHC. This website hosts an enormous library of great observations that ought to be catalogued in a library of online criticism. If you know of any threads that fit this bill PLEASE CONTRIBUTE to the link below.

CLICK HERE

Also of interest:
    My grades and reviews of every episode from seasons 1-7

I don't care for G.O.B. Comicshow MolemanBob's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I knew it!

Mama took those batteries Bankrupt Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wow. That's really... interesting. You've given me a lot to think about.
    Quote Originally Posted by dman360 View Post
    Don't tell what to do fuck face, and I'm not changing it I do what I want so fuck you bitch
    The original Favorite and least favorite by season
    Shorts: 1: The Pacifier Watching TV 2: World War III Maggie's Brain 3: Bathtime Scary Movie
    Episodes: 1: Krusty Gets Busted There's No Disgrace Like Home 2: Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3: Homer at the Bat Separate Vocations 4: Marge vs. the Monorail Krusty Gets Kancelled 5: Cape Feare Lady Bouvier's Lover 6: Homer Badman Lisa on Ice 7: King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8: Homer's Enemy Homer's Phobia 9: Bart Carny The Trouble with Trillions 10: Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: "Kidney Trouble" 11: Guess Who's Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12: HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13: Tales from the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15: The Ziff Who Came to Dinner Bart-Mangled Banner 16: A Star Is Torn She Used to Be My Girl 17: My Fair Laddy The Italian Bob 18: The Haw-Hawed Couple The Boys of Bummer 19: Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20: Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21: The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22: Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23: The Falcon and the D'ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24: Hardly Kirk-ing What Animated Women Want 25: The War of Art What to Expect When Bart's Expecting

Voted "Best Taste" in NHC awards. Therefore, I'm right, you're wrong.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Oops, I forgot to add the example I came up with first, Bart's Comet. It's in there now. If you can think of any others, go for it.

"no sugar!"

seriously, who gets that angry over sugar?

"Just wash your hands and get out."
    "Did you exchange, a walk on part in a war, for a lead role in a cage?"

Due to these observance regarding Maude, I always wonder to myself that if Maude was still alive in the episode "Brawl in the Family" how would she react over Ned's Vegas wife since Ned had originally kept this a secret from his family. My guess is that she would threaten to divorce Ned and take custody over both Rod and Todd. While Ned is kicked out of his home, he would have to find a way to break up with this other woman, then find a way to get Maude to forgive him and take him back in which Ned would somehow succeed at this and everything goes back to normal. Personally, this "alternate subplot ending" could've been really bizarre.

Blog Entries

I would like to note I haven't really participated in simpsons related discussion in nearly a decade

kudos for making a thread title that grabs my attention in ''NHC's Newest Threads.''

Blog Entries

like the OP said, i'm never going to be able to look at Maude the same way again

Mama took those batteries Bankrupt Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

To be honest, when I saw the title of this thread, I thought "oh boy, Diversity Pumpkin's gonna get murdered by everyone for this." But it seems that everybody, me included, find this a legitimate and very interesting topic.
    Last edited by Bankrupt Panther; 12-15-2011 at 03:24 PM.

Interestingly, most (or all?) of these examples are post-"Bart of Darkness," at the end of which she came back from an extended trip where she purportedly learned to be more judgmental.

What exactly did she learn on that retreat? Could it have made her....evil?!
    Two eyes, two ears, a chin, a mouth, ten fingers, two nipples, a butt, two kneecaps, a penis. I've just described to you the Loch Ness Monster. And the reward for its capture? All the riches in Scotland. So I have one question: why are you here?

chinese martian physicist HRH Sir Prince Charles's Avatar

actually, I just watched Viva Ned Flanders on TV (I like the Moody Blues, sue me) and it's made abundantly obvious that she's nowhere near as pious as Ned. Given what he says about resisting urges, combined with how attractive he's shown to be... one could make an argument that Maude was forced into abstinence and was extremely resentful, but bound by her faith not to actually act on her feelings in more than a passive way.

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Maude's the judgmental Christan, bitch wife, so this thread comes as no shock to me.

Well, ya'know if you stay positive and forget about trivial things like "proper characterization," "Satire," and "emotional depth" watching new Simpsons episodes can be a seemingly enjoyable lie.

"One of the keys to life is having a sense of proportion, knowing how long to sit at a restaurant after you've eaten, or how long you should go on vacation if you go to Hawaii for a month on vacation, I guarantee you that by the end you'll hate it. So it's the same with a TV show, you want to do a certain amount of it, so that when people look back on it and they love it. I could have easily done the show for one or two or three more years, but it would have changed the way people look back at it. I think I made the right decision. Because people like the show now even more than they did in the 1990s, because it didn't get worn out." -- Jerry Seinfeld

King of the Rock Bottom The Sovereign's Avatar
    Blog Entries

haha holy shit

In Amazing Scentovision Ray Jay Jonah's Avatar

Isn't that Helen Lovejoy though?

Of course, there could be a cult...
    Quote Originally Posted by Animal View Post
    but then again they could say the plot was about lisa taking a shit on skinner's face and i'd probably hold out some hope for it

ooooooooooooooooooh leprechaun_dan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This thread deserves an award. I will never look at her the same way again.
    [SIZE=1] Check out my South Park episode ideas in my user notes (Note: It's the fifth and last note): http://www.nohomers.net/usernote.php...ewuser&u=41294

"I got blisters on me fingers!" ~ Ringo Starr (Helter Skelter)

Led Zeppelin IV > Houses of the Holy > Physical Graffiti > Led Zeppelin II > Led Zeppelin I > Led Zeppelin III > Presence > In Through the Out Door > Coda

Blog Entries

what about when maude gets kidnapped(in my sister my sitter)-Just what was she doing?

i never says this about Dead People but she is pure evil

Blog Entries

I can't look at her as before now.
    Last edited by Blobulle; 08-08-2011 at 11:22 AM.

I never liked that bitch and now I know why. I'm glad she died and I hope it hurt.

Stonecutter

Plus she had 3 pairs of shoes. Someone had a fetish!
    "I shouldn't have eaten that packet of powdered gravy I found in the parking lot..."

Blog Entries

She wanted to kill Todd ? (A star is Burns)

ooooooooooooooooooh leprechaun_dan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Look at the evil glare in her eyes, staring directly at Ned as if she's planning something evil.

farmer's market enthusiast Dylan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Good work

Also this:

Quote Originally Posted by Diversity Pumpkin View Post
    Maude: That is it, Ned! If you don't unplug that phone right now, you're sleeping on the lawn.

is one of my all time favourite moments from the show.

Blog Entries

LMAO! Wow, nice observation. I'm not sure if I agree with all of them, but it's very interesting how her indentation in the bed is facing away from Ned.

Banned
    Blog Entries

"It's sure built solid. The kids could scream bloody murder and nobody would hear!"

How about hurricane needy? She seems fine there

Quote Originally Posted by biffwestwood View Post
    Due to these observance regarding Maude, I always wonder to myself that if Maude was still alive in the episode "Brawl in the Family" how would she react over Ned's Vegas wife since Ned had originally kept this a secret from his family. My guess is that she would threaten to divorce Ned and take custody over both Rod and Todd. While Ned is kicked out of his home, he would have to find a way to break up with this other woman, then find a way to get Maude to forgive him and take him back in which Ned would somehow succeed at this and everything goes back to normal. Personally, this "alternate subplot ending" could've been really bizarre.
    Or how about they did that episode in season 11, instead of "Alone Again Naturadiddly", and Maude divorces Ned permanently? Would've been a smoother way to remove her from the series.

Thread Information