Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Season-by-Season Episode Ranking Game

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Food-Crazed Maniac Oh, that's raspberry!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Obviously your opinion and you are entitled to it, but that seems to be an exaggeration to me and I vehemently disagree with you here. Criticize new episodes all you want but a boring clip show is still a boring clip show. I'm actually more likely to rewatch the trainwreck that is "Greatest Story Ever D'ohed" than this ever again. At least that had the minute and a half of decent footage before it went to hell.

Of course I am one of the few who can still find some good stuff in every new episode so I'm biased.

Bart's Girlfriend also too high. I found it to be a really unmemorable episode.

The Smart Simpson LittleMissLisaSimpson's Avatar

I wish that Lisa's Wedding, Lisa on Ice and The PTA Disbands was higher

"Trust in yourself & you can achieve anything" - Lisa Simpson
    Favourite Season - Season 4

Blog Entries

Sideshow Bob Roberts, Itchy & Scratchy Land, and Grampa vs. Sexual Inadequacy are all far too low. I also would have liked to see And Maggie Makes Three a little higher.

As for the clip show, it's definitely the worst of Season 6, but it's not terrible. It's certainly better than the dreadful "All Singing, All Dancing".
    Favourite/least favourite by seasons that I own (somewhat stolen from Financial Panther):

3 - Dog of Death/When Flanders Failed 4 - Lisa's First Word/So it's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5 - Secrets of a Successful Marriage/Bart's Inner Child 6 - And Maggie Makes Three/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7 - Marge Be Not Proud/Bart the Fink 8 - Homer's Phobia/The Simpsons Spin-Off Showcase 9 - King of the Hill/Trash of the Titans 10 - Wild Barts Can't Be Broken/Maximum Homerdrive

I'm happy of the rating of Bart of the darkness because it's my favorite episode of all !

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Financial Panther View Post
    The clip show was not a bad episode by any means. LETS is an episode that bores me to death. There are a couple of funny parts, but the rest is booorrrrrinng.
    LETS is even funnier nowadays because of the Union Hate, Corporate D-Baggery, and Conservativism flooding over this country like an overflowing storm sewer. Hell, even Mr. Burns's quest to destroy the Dental Plan (Lisa needs Braces!) strikes a chord because so many businesses can't afford the "Obamacare".

Fuck, even is you don't get Union jokes, how about the Batman / Get Smart joke that ended with the dog and the screen door? How can you knot laugh at that? This episode had the best Hair joke involving Marge--it being sliced off by Burn's helicopter.

Really? What was so freaking boring about this episode? Not enough jerkass Homer? The plot made too much sense?

EDIT: I must be drunk like an Irishman to screw up this Irishman reference.
    Last edited by Patches O'houlihan; 06-20-2011 at 08:06 AM.

Well, ya'know if you stay positive and forget about trivial things like "proper characterization," "Satire," and "emotional depth" watching new Simpsons episodes can be a seemingly enjoyable lie.

"One of the keys to life is having a sense of proportion, knowing how long to sit at a restaurant after you've eaten, or how long you should go on vacation if you go to Hawaii for a month on vacation, I guarantee you that by the end you'll hate it. So it's the same with a TV show, you want to do a certain amount of it, so that when people look back on it and they love it. I could have easily done the show for one or two or three more years, but it would have changed the way people look back at it. I think I made the right decision. Because people like the show now even more than they did in the 1990s, because it didn't get worn out." -- Jerry Seinfeld

Blog Entries

Believe it or not Jake when I first was about to post about LETS in this thread that bumper car Irishmen scene was something I was going to point out as being great....but it doesn't happen in that episode. It actually happens in "$pringfield."

Season 7 results are in and I couldn't be more pleased with the winner. Send in your season 8 lists any time.

1. Summer of 4 Ft. 2 - 192
    2. Bart Sells His Soul - 184
    3. 22 Short Films About Springfield - 180
    4. Mother Simpson - 163
    4. Bart on the Road - 163
    6. King-Size Homer - 159
    7. Who Shot Mr. Burns? (Part Two) - 152
    8. Lisa the Vegetarian - 144
    9. Marge Be Not Proud - 142
    10. Home Sweet Homediddly-dum-doodily - 132
    11. Homer the Smithers - 130
    12. Treehouse of Horror VI - 129
    13. Lisa the Iconoclast - 120
    14. Team Homer - 107
    15. The Simpsons 138th Episode Spectacular - 92
    16. Sideshow Bob's Last Gleaming - 90
    17. A Fish Called Selma - 89
    18. Raging Abe Simpson and His Grumbling Grandson in "The Curse of the Flying Hellfish" - 88
    19. The Day the Violence Died - 80
    20. Scenes from the Class Struggle In Springfield - 79
    21. Much Apu About Nothing - 73
    22. Two Bad Neighbors - 71
    23. Bart the Fink - 66
    24. Radioactive Man - 65
    25. Homerpalooza - 34
    To view various lists about my Simpsons opinions, click the link below.

http://www.nohomers.net/usernote.php...ewuser&u=27253

How on earth did Marge Be Not Proud make it into the top 10, always found it dull.

continuously shaking head c l o n e's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lisa The Iconoclast (possibly my favourite episode of the entire series), Much Apu About Nothing, and The Day The Violence Died all too low here, for me, but I'm pleased Summer of 4 Ft. 2 is the winner.

Can't help but feel WSMB, Bart on the Road and THOH are too high. But then again, i guess it's quite hard to rank episodes in season 7 considering how great a season it is.

Mama took those batteries Bankrupt Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I never understood why people love Summer of 4 ft. 2 so much. I don't think it's bad; just adequate.
    Quote Originally Posted by dman360 View Post
    Don't tell what to do fuck face, and I'm not changing it I do what I want so fuck you bitch
    The original Favorite and least favorite by season
    Shorts: 1: The Pacifier Watching TV 2: World War III Maggie's Brain 3: Bathtime Scary Movie
    Episodes: 1: Krusty Gets Busted There's No Disgrace Like Home 2: Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3: Homer at the Bat Separate Vocations 4: Marge vs. the Monorail Krusty Gets Kancelled 5: Cape Feare Lady Bouvier's Lover 6: Homer Badman Lisa on Ice 7: King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8: Homer's Enemy Homer's Phobia 9: Bart Carny The Trouble with Trillions 10: Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: "Kidney Trouble" 11: Guess Who's Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12: HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13: Tales from the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15: The Ziff Who Came to Dinner Bart-Mangled Banner 16: A Star Is Torn She Used to Be My Girl 17: My Fair Laddy The Italian Bob 18: The Haw-Hawed Couple The Boys of Bummer 19: Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20: Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21: The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22: Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23: The Falcon and the D'ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24: Hardly Kirk-ing What Animated Women Want 25: The War of Art What to Expect When Bart's Expecting

Voted "Best Taste" in NHC awards. Therefore, I'm right, you're wrong.

Blog Entries

I think it is one of those funny but also emotionally resonant episodes involving Lisa kinda like "Lisa's Substitute." That said, it would not be in my top 5 of season 7. Alot of these seem way too low but looking at what beats them out it is really hard to argue. Iconoclast should not be higher than at least half the episodes below it though.

Junior Camper
    Blog Entries

I actually just finished watching the season but didn't have a chance to make my own list How is A Fish Called Selma at seventeen? It's the best of the season! I know there are many many highlights in this season but I can't help but feel that the best have been ranked too low (such as the aforementioned AFCS, Lisa The Vegetarian and King Homer all of which should be top 5). I also don't see why Summer of 4 ft 2 is number one, it's a very good episode but hardly the best of the season.

Very disappointed to see Home Sweet down in 10th behind Marge Be Not Proud, Lisa the Veggie ahead of Iconoclast, and Summer of 4ft 2 win over Bart Sells His Soul and 22 Short Films.

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lisa the Iconlast is too low and Bart on the Road is too high. Otherwise, I agree.

Blog Entries

Marge be not proud and The Simpsons 138th Episode Spectacular are too high.
    Home Sweet Homediddly-dum-doodily, Raging Abe Simpson and His Grumbling Grandson in "The Curse of the Flying Hellfish" and Homer the Smithers are too low.

King Size Homer, Team Homer and Lisa the Vegetarian are is way too high. Marge Be Not Proud and A Fish Called Selma are too low.

Blog Entries

Too low: Raging Abe Simpson, Marge Be Not Proud, Lisa the Vegetarian

Too high: Bart on the Road

All in all, this list is pretty good, though.

Bart on the Road is too high I wanted Lisa the Iconoclast & Marge Be Not Proud to be higher

ooooooooooooooooooh leprechaun_dan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Pleased with the winner so much It's great to finally see one of my Top 5 favourite Simpsons episode in the top spot.

Other than that, Radioactive Man is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too low. I'd expect it to be out of the Top 10 but not second-to-last. To be honest, Homerpalooza shouldn't be last. I know that the episode didn't meet certain expectations but being last on the list is going too far. Lisa the Iconoclast is too low. One of my favourites of this season. Besides all these small issues, the list is still pretty good

Bring on Season 8, my favourite!
    [SIZE=1] Check out my South Park episode ideas in my user notes (Note: It's the fifth and last note): http://www.nohomers.net/usernote.php...ewuser&u=41294

"I got blisters on me fingers!" ~ Ringo Starr (Helter Skelter)

Led Zeppelin IV > Houses of the Holy > Physical Graffiti > Led Zeppelin II > Led Zeppelin I > Led Zeppelin III > Presence > In Through the Out Door > Coda

Blog Entries

I think Radioactive-man is overrated.
    I love the fake Milhouse who explodes.

Season 8 now up. Moving on to season 9.

1. You Only Move Twice - 203
    2. Homer vs. the Eighteenth Amendment - 197
    3. The Springfield Files - 193
    4. Homer's Phobia - 191
    5. Homer's Enemy - 179
    6. A Milhouse Divided - 161
    7. El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer - 154
    7. Brother From Another Series - 154
    9. Treehouse of Horror VII - 149
    10. Bart After Dark - 145
    11. Lisa's Date With Density - 143
    12. The Secret War of Lisa Simpson - 142
    13. The Itchy & Scratchy & Poochie Show - 138
    14. Grade School Confidential - 134
    15. Hurricane Neddy - 132
    16. Simpsoncalifragilisticexpiala(Annoyed Grunt)cious - 121
    17. Mountain of Madness - 113
    18. My Sister, My Sitter - 111
    19. The Old Man and the Lisa - 95
    20. In Marge We Trust - 81
    21. The Simpsons Spin-off Showcase - 75
    21. Burns, Baby Burns - 75
    23. The Homer They Fall - 69
    24. The Twisted World of Marge Simpson - 55
    25. The Canine Mutiny - 50

Junior Camper
    Blog Entries

Wow, good list, but I'm surprised to see The Itchy & Scratchy & Poochie Sohw at only 13! Thought it would have been top 5.

Blog Entries

My top 2 from this season are only beaten by the highly overrated "You Only Move Twice" so pretty good list.

Blog Entries

I wasn't expecting the episode You Only Move Twice first.
    Also Lisa's Date with Density is too low, but overall it's a good ranking.

Lisa's Date with Density is too low. I'm happy that Homer's Phobia's in the top 5 as it's one of the good episodes from Season 8

Disapointed Homer vs. 18th Ammendment didn't win but overwise top 5 looks about right.

Was not expecting the Poochie episode to be this far from the bottom, thought that was generally considered one of the worst of seasons 1-8.

The Springfield Files is way way too high. I&S&P should at least be in the top ten.

ooooooooooooooooooh leprechaun_dan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yay, my favourite season!

Great list, except You Only Move Twice shouldn't be first. It deserves to be in the top ten, but not in the top spot. I think Springfield Files deserves #1, although I'm still happy about its ranking. A Milhouse Divided may be a tad too high, it's great but not the 6th best. The Secret War of Lisa Simpson and Lisa's Date with Density are way too low. They're awesome episodes and they get 11th and 12th spots???

And Mountain of Madness, and My Sister, My Sitter are too low. Overall, this list is pretty average for the best season of all time, but I'm still satisfied.

I don't care for G.O.B. Comicshow MolemanBob's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Too High

* "Homer vs. the Eighteenth Amendment"
    * "A Milhouse Divided"

Too Low

* "Grade School Confidential"
    * "My Sister, My Sitter"
    * "The Canine Mutiny" (So underrated)
    * "Hurricane Neddy"

Thread Information