View Poll Results: How would you rate?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5 Boatnotized...or maybe Shipnotized?

0 0%
  • 4/5 Steve Has Two Mommies

3 42.86%
  • 3/4 'Is Pretty Funny

4 57.14%
  • 2/5 Handcuffed to a Toilet

0 0%
  • 1/5 Country Music Kidnapped

0 0%

Thread: Rate and Review American Dad: Gorillas in the Mist(6AJN10)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Food-Crazed Maniac Oh, that's raspberry!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Rate and Review American Dad: Gorillas in the Mist(6AJN10)

In the Season 6 finale, Stan and Steve become best buds while on a boat, but this new friendship leads to some problems at the local zoo. Meanwhile Roger learns what Country Music is all about. Review and Discuss:

EDIT: 3/4 is obviously supposed to be 3/5, I must've missed that, sorry.
    Last edited by Oh, that's raspberry!; 05-22-2011 at 05:09 PM.

Food-Crazed Maniac Oh, that's raspberry!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

The definition of average. Both stories started out way too slowly and Roger's turned out to be a pretty big downer. I liked most of the stuff at the Zoo though. One of the lesser episodes of the season and not one which I will likely remember. The post-classic era "Bart Has Two Mommies" was better which is not a good sign. 3/5
    Last edited by Oh, that's raspberry!; 05-22-2011 at 05:21 PM.

Blog Entries

when the gorilla came into play i thought 'Are they really copying a post-classic average Simpsons episode?' but luckily it was different. anyway i liked the episode quite a bit. Stan talking on the phone with Steve in the room, as if he was actually talking to Francine (and the 'Thanks a lot, now I'm in trouble' line), Roger's first country song, Roger's country song about the ugly girl, Steve repeating 'purple hat' to get Stan to laugh, etc. were things i found funny. not one of their more memorable episodes but i thought it was pretty good.

Wants you to do fine. NoOneFamous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Percy Wellington View Post
    when the gorilla came into play i thought 'Are they really copying a post-classic average Simpsons episode?"
    I thought the same thing, though the end with the two caretakers translating made up for it.

The rest was completely average. Both plots have been done to death ad nauseum, but as usual it had enough good jokes to make it worth watching.

But seriously, what the hell is with Seth Macfarlane shows and showing dogs brutally getting killed??

3/5

Not sure how many more Stan + Steve bond episodes I can stomach. Didn't even really care much about Roger's plot.

Not sure if it's just me, but the second half of this season overall was pretty mediocre, and this episode was no exception. :/
    Signature.

grappling with local oaf Postmaster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yep real lack of ambition this season. Last year we got episodes like Raptures Delight and The Great Space Roaster, this season it's all been domestic quarrels. Still it was at least good to see Hayley and Bullock in this episode as they've been massively underused. Didn't Patrick Stewart raise his fee or something? Feels like the whole season has suffered from budget cuts. It's quite annoying considering how much I started raving about it to people and now it just feels like the writers can't even be bothered. A lot of shows go off the rails at this point, but they seem to have avoided that by going in the most mundane direction possible. At least Family Guy made the effort to try a few experimental episodes this season.

Is Hayley still married to Jeff now? I can't even understand the logic behind setting that up if they're not even going to use them.

The only episodes I consider memorable this season:
    100 A.D.
    There Will Be Bad Blood
    The People vs Martin Sugar
    A Pinata Named Desire

and Son of Stan, Stanny Boy and Frantastic, School Lies, Home Wrecker and Flirting with Disaster were okay. Everything else is forgettable.

Meanwhile, the last season had several memorably great episodes. Only a couple duds, the rest were good to great.
    Last edited by Tomacco; 05-23-2011 at 12:54 PM.

Junior Camper

Anyone know the entire joke that Steve was telling on the boat? Or did they just make up the start and end of it for the episode?
    Take your stinkin' paws off me, you damn dirty ape.

Thread Information