View Poll Results: Vote Twice! Rate the episode and vote Pro, or Anti-Nedna.

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5: I'm hot for Teacher!

18 16.36%
  • 4/5: An extra-special "Parent / Teacher" Conference

43 39.09%
  • 3/5: Okiley-Dokiley Romance

34 30.91%
  • 2/5: My Heart got an Hour of Detention

10 9.09%
  • 1/5: Ha! You only get once chance with Edna Krabopple

6 5.45%
  • Pro-Nedna

67 60.91%
  • Anti-Nedna

16 14.55%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rate and Review: "The Nedliest Catch" (NABF15)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Rate and Review: "The Nedliest Catch" (NABF15)

NOTE: I've enabled the "Multiple Voting" option so you can rate the episode AND vote "Pro-Nedna" or "Anti-Edna" in an all-in-one poll!

================================================

5/22/11: SEASON FINALE The Ned-liest Catch (NABF15)
    When Ned saves Mrs. Krabappel's life, they start dating, but Ned soon discovers the long list of men in her past...including Homer.

There will be announcement at the end of the 8:00 episode about a fan vote on the simpsons.com website to see whether or not Nedna will stay together (the announcement will be made during the season premiere; it is not clear whether or not it will be part of the episode itself)...but remember what happened the last time there was "fan involvement" concerning the show

^^^Info Courtesy of Snpp.com

Well, ya'know if you stay positive and forget about trivial things like "proper characterization," "Satire," and "emotional depth" watching new Simpsons episodes can be a seemingly enjoyable lie.

"One of the keys to life is having a sense of proportion, knowing how long to sit at a restaurant after you've eaten, or how long you should go on vacation if you go to Hawaii for a month on vacation, I guarantee you that by the end you'll hate it. So it's the same with a TV show, you want to do a certain amount of it, so that when people look back on it and they love it. I could have easily done the show for one or two or three more years, but it would have changed the way people look back at it. I think I made the right decision. Because people like the show now even more than they did in the 1990s, because it didn't get worn out." -- Jerry Seinfeld

I loved how it went right into the story!

Act 1 was fantastic! It had tons of giggles and laughs.

Act 2 makes me think they're an adorable couple! I really really really want them to stay together!

Act 3 Love them together! I loved Lenny's and Carl's laugh, that was great. I felt bad for Ned.

Act4 I like how Homer actually tried to help about Ned, it shows how caring he can be.

Best of...

"Hes a science teacher, he'll know what to do"
    "You've been in there for 3 hours. What're you doing taking a bath!?"
    "Hey Ned, can I borrow your hair?"
    "I still wear your bra!"
    "While we take your personal information and apply you for credit cards."

They should stay together!

Easily the best Season Finale in years.

4/5
    Doesn't mean it's true

I Shot Mr Burns.

Not that many jokes

no subplot

pretty good ending

im voting they should not stay together
    Season 4 = Awesome

Season 22=Bad but better then family guy.

Card Wars super Amadeus zartok-35's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This was better than the finale we got last year, but it wasn't that good overall. It wasn't funny enough, even compared to recent episodes. I did like Joey Kramer, though, I think we needed a refference to 'Flaming moes'.

Seasons 1-9 - Classic era
    10-12 - Scully era
    13-16 - Silver age
    16.5-17 - The shit abyss
    18-24 - Zombie Simpsons

Junior Camper

Great episode. Good story, solid jokes but no subplot hurt it.

I'm voting for them to stay together. I want to see something new.

Blog Entries

"I can write better than anybody who can write faster, and I can write faster than anybody who can write better."
    - A. J. Liebling (1904-1963)

" Well i always thought if a song was not going to say something, it should be an instrumental "
    - Gil Scott Heron ( NPR 1985 )

Blog Entries

for the first time in a while, they made an episode where i could care about the characters in it, whilst still laugh. i laughed at parts like rod and todd sewing bart's clothes, the things Springfield Elementary doesn't care about (having a little beer, giving students A's for cigarretts, amongst a couple other things), ned seeing other men's faces in edna's face as they were about to kiss, etc. But at the same time there were moments where I sympatheized, like when Ned was in Moe's and telling Homer what it's like to live next door to him and Marge and how he is so lonely. For the first time in a while they combined a good plot, good humor, AND made it so you could care about the characters, at least I think. This is definitely my favorite of the season, and one of the best season finales in a long while. I'm voting pro Nedna

Blog Entries

Honestly, there wasn't anything flat our terrible or wonderfully exciting in this besides Edna and Ned's conflict in the final act over how many men she's been with. It's nice when there's a tad bit of real drama inserted into the old workhorse every once in while. IMO, the only LOL moment was Ned repossessing the tumbleweed.

Anyway, should I vote Pro-Edna, or Anti-Nedna....or, should I even care? I really think they make a great couple and their relationship could lead to great stories down the line, but the current writing staff can barely write comedy funnier than a Tax Return.

3/5: For the mediocrity. With much reservation, I Voted "Pro-Nedna."
    Last edited by Patches O'houlihan; 05-22-2011 at 05:13 PM.

Food-Crazed Maniac Oh, that's raspberry!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Pretty bad first act but thankfully it got better when Ned and Edna actually started dated. Why must Chalmers always be at the school these days? Even if he was used for a plot point this episode he really doesn't need to be in every school scene Skinner's involved with. Pretty good jokes and a decent story from the second act onwards allows me to give this a 3.5/5, downgraded to a 3 on the poll.

Best bits included Santa's Little Helper and Patty's face on Edna. Also, thank God they didn't say Homer and Edna had a fling like the episode description implied. Also, thank God Edna actually told Flanders off about her past. Judging by the ending I doubt the season premiere will involve either of them but I still feel pretty meh about their relationship. I guess I'll vote them to stay together though anyway.

Crack that whip Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I really didn't care for this one. What happened to the wonderful, forgiving Flanders he used to be? Granted, he forgave her at the end, but I don't see why he got so upset simply because she's been with other men. I hated the characterization of him in this episode. I also don't think they should stay together. I simply don't like the pairing. Ned is a somewhat mild-mannered man, while Edna is a borderline prostitute. If this show wants to keep any trace of realism, they would not be together. The other parts were all right. I enjoyed the "parting of the water" joke, and it's been a while since I've seen Bart pull a legitimate prank on people. But overalll, I hated Ned in this, and the episode gets a 2/5.
    The original Favorite and least favorite by season
    Shorts: 1: The Pacifier Watching TV 2: World War III Maggie's Brain 3: Bathtime Scary Movie
    Episodes: 1: Krusty Gets Busted The Telltale Head 2: Bart Gets an F The War of the Simpsons 3: Homer at the Bat Separate Vocations 4: Marge vs. the Monorail Krusty Gets Kancelled 5: Cape Feare Lady Bouvier's Lover 6: Homer Badman Lisa on Ice 7: King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8: Homer's Enemy Homer's Phobia 9: Bart Carny The Trouble with Trillions 10: Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: "Kidney Trouble" 11: Guess Who's Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12: HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13: Tales from the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15: The Ziff Who Came to Dinner Bart-Mangled Banner 16: A Star Is Torn She Used to Be My Girl 17: My Fair Laddy The Italian Bob 18: The Haw-Hawed Couple The Boys of Bummer 19: Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20: Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21: The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22: Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23: The Falcon and the D'ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24: Hardly Kirk-ing What Animated Women Want 25: The War of Art What to Expect When Bart's Expecting

Voted "Best Taste" in NHC awards. Therefore, I'm right, you're wrong.

Blog Entries

Brief review tonight

Good episode. The story was interesting to follow, it had good characterizations, and it was funny. I'm voting Pro-Nedna. 4/5
    You can do anything if you put your mind to it.

Everything happens for a reason.

Just be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Don't worry about the world ending today. It's already tomorrow in Australia.

Blog Entries

how are they going to end this in future reruns? are they still going to have it end with homer and marge announcing this contest (which wouldn't make sense of course)?

Junior Camper

What a fantastic episode! I smiled from start to finish with laughs and chortles peppered throughout! Seriously though, with out going into details, I loved, loved, this episode. This to me, proves that the show is STILL the most enjoyable show on television and light years ahead of the other animated programs out there. They may not do it all the time, but the fact is the show makes you care about whats happening and the characters, to me no other animated show does that EVER. Anyway, they definitely saved the best for last to end the season. 5 out of 5. Also, the vote Nedna stuff is pretty fun. I support their efforst on this one.

I think Ned and Edna being together would be great. It could create some new plotlines in future episodes that wouldn't work otherwise. Pro-Nedna all the way.

Don't bad-mouth the head! Xt'Tapalatakettle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Percy Wellington View Post
    for the first time in a while, they made an episode where i could care about the characters in it, whilst still laugh.
    This. I've missed pretty much the second half of this season, but tuned in to catch this one and I was pleasantly surprised. It's a rarity in the show these days that I care about its characters, and this did it successfully. It's really hard to care the same way about these characters than I did 15 years ago, but I still did on some level. The contest feels a bit forced, but I guess it garners interest in the show.

Only major downpoint was a relationship music montage. I want to count up the endless number of times they've done this. It has gotten really annoying. So, let's see.... B/B+ or 4/5 seems good.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bradbradford View Post
    What a fantastic episode! I smiled from start to finish with laughs and chortles peppered throughout! Seriously though, with out going into details, I loved, loved, this episode. This to me, proves that the show is STILL the most enjoyable show on television and light years ahead of the other animated programs out there..
    Sorry, but American Dad was funnier than tonight's epsiode and I usually hate that show.

Blog Entries

Panther I think if you look at Ned and Edna's characterizations from the Classic Era the two really don't seem compatible. They obviously changed over the years though and considering their current characterizations I think this episode did a pretty good job presenting them in a believable relationship. Ironically an episode I felt was Meh turns out to be getting praised from many.

Junior Camper

how are they going to end this in future reruns? are they still going to have it end with homer and marge announcing this contest (which wouldn't make sense of course)?
    Since there was no couch gag or opening, I assume they will put in the full intro and an old couch gag in reruns.

Junior Camper

Quote Originally Posted by Le Jake View Post
    Sorry, but American Dad was funnier than tonight's epsiode and I usually hate that show.
    Hahah, that's okay sir. I respect your opinion, that being said I tried to watch American Dad tonight, got bored and turned it off. You can't honestly defend the whole b story involving the alien taking home the gross women to "understand" country. Awful, awful writing.

Crack that whip Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I see your point, but I just don't feel it. I don't believe it. This relationship just feels forced to me, and I can't imagine what we'd get out of this kind of relationship besides some very poor romance-themed episodes.

EDIT: response was to Oh, that's raspberry!

for the first time in a while, they made an episode where i could care about the characters in it, whilst still laugh.
    I know exactly what you mean. Ned's emotional outpouring at Moe's was probably the most emotional moment of the show since the Golden Era. I really hope Pro-Nedna wins. (Also, the coaster at Moe's was pretty funny. I'd pay to get some of those coasters.)

Blog Entries

Hahah, that's okay sir. I respect your opinion, that being said I tried to watch American Dad tonight, got bored and turned it off. You can't honestly defend the whole b story involving the alien taking home the gross women to "understand" country. Awful, awful writing.
    Country music makes me ill and I love jokes that rip on white trash. Look, I know AD tonight wasn't the most deeply written, poignant material, but at least it made me laugh on SOME level compared to tonight's Simpsons's which made me think: "wow...really? Who cares?".

This is the best season finale since season 19's All About Lisa. Although I am still debating whether or not to be Pro or Anti-Nedna.

3.5/5

Blog Entries

Since there was no couch gag or opening, I assume they will put in the full intro and an old couch gag in reruns.
    OK but how are they going to end the episode itself? that's what my question was.

oh, and Off/topic but i thought American Dad was really funny

Blog Entries

They'll probably end the episode with Ned's line about a higher power in syndication.
    Also tonight's American Dad was ok but felt kinda lazy. This Simpsons episode seemed like it had more thought involved but both were basically meh...

Quote Originally Posted by Snaked View Post
    This is the best season finale since season 19's All About Lisa.
    True that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Oh, that's raspberry! View Post
    They'll probably end the episode with Ned's line about a higher power in syndication.
    at first i didn't think that would make sense, but it would. the 'joke' then would be that people who did not see this or know about the voting would think he meant God

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Financial Panther View Post
    I really didn't care for this one. What happened to the wonderful, forgiving Flanders he used to be? Granted, he forgave her at the end, but I don't see why he got so upset simply because she's been with other men. I hated the characterization of him in this episode.
    That's simple--at that moment before he kissed with all the men of Springfield's faces, he thought she was a whore-didly-ore.

I also don't think they should stay together. I simply don't like the pairing. Ned is a somewhat mild-mannered man, while Edna is a borderline prostitute. If this show wants to keep any trace of realism, they would not be together.
    You have to remember Ned's a semi-sheltered Church Boy who lost his soul mate. Regardless of how strong his convictions are, he's still undeniably human and capable of weakness and bad judgement and he will pursue interests that fall outside his moral circle. If they stay together, will that circle expand with the relationship, or does it contract with each new 'revelation' from Edna's past? Tune in next season to find out!

Oh, yeah, 10yrs and 10,000 posts! Oh, I've wasted my life!

Blog Entries

congrats jake

oh, and it's in character i would say for ned to judge edna; having been with so many men, i think it would OOC if he didn't care and just forgave her right away (that is, if she even 'needs' to be forgiven)

I really liked this episode. It had a good story and some definate emotional moments. It also had a lot of funny moments and the lack of a couch gag is always a good thing these days. It was nice to have a reference back to "Who Shot Mr. Burns?" at the end of the episode too.

P.S. - Congrats to Jake on the 10,000 posts

Thread Information