Page 48 of 78 FirstFirst ... 383940414243444546474849505152535455565758 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 2334

Thread: Season 23 Information Thread

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Banned

...We're doomed.

Maggie's got a sweet looking mohawk.

With eight promos so far and none of them being a single character in a single color background, they have done an outstanding job with all the promos much like the many promos a single episode of a "Sethtoon" often gets. But will the actual episode hold up as well?

I like how Bart is dressed and he reminds me of Corey Feldman's character of Teddy DuChamp in Stand By Me but without the burnt ear.

You can see all eight promos in bigger sizes by clicking the images at the following link:

http://simpsonswiki.net/wiki/At_Long_Last_Leave
    Last edited by biffwestwood; 02-02-2012 at 05:23 PM.

Blog Entries

Not sure how to feel, the promo shots look tacky and, as much as I support Wikileaks...I really don't see what Julian attention whore Assange is going to add to it. Looks like a cheap knock off of Mad-Max or something. Low expectations.

Oh and kudos to the No Homers Club for circling me back on Google+ :3

Thanks for the link Biff !
    My Simpsons Season 24 Ratings/Reviews:
    Moonshine River (2,25/5) / Treehouse Of Horror XXIII (3,5/5) / Adventures in Baby-Getting (3,25/5) / Gone Abie Gone (3,5/5) / Penny Wise-Guys (3/5) / A Tree Grows in Springfield (1,75/5) / The Day The Earth Stood Cool (3,75/5) / To Cur with Love (4/5) / Homer Goes to Prep School (3/5) / A Test Before Trying (3,5/5) / The Changing of the Guardian (1,25/5) / Love is a Many-Splintered Thing (2,75/5) / Hardly Kirk-ing (3,25/5) / Gorgeous Grampa (2,25/5) / Black-Eyed, Please (3,75/5) / Dark Knight Court (3/5) / Pulpit Friction (3,25/5)

Futurama - Season 7 :
    The Bots and the Bees : 3,75/5 / A Farewell to Arms : 4/5 / Decision 3012 : 3,5/5 / The Thief of Baghead : 3,25/5 / Zapp Dingbat : 2/5 / The Butterjunk Effect : 2,5/5 / The Six Million Dollar Mon : 4/5 / Fun On A Bun : 3,75/5 / Free Will Hunting : 2,25/5 / Near-Death Wish : 3,75/5 / 31st Century Fox : 3,5/5 / Viva Mars Vegas : 4/5 / Naturama : 2,5/5

Quiet guy who eats everyone Jerry P.'s Avatar

Those promotional images appear to be framegrabs rather than artwork created specifically for promotion.

Boat on a track Train on the Water's Avatar

Stop being excited about the artwork, statistics show you're all going to hate the episode anyway.

Is it just me, or does it seem as though this could have been any other episode? I know, duh, obviously but what I mean is the least they could have done for the 500th episode is do something even remotely special rather than just a 'Mad Max' rip-off. Of course it could be really good, we don't know yet, heck this might a new age of goodness for The Simpsons? Unfortunately we live in the real world so therefore it wont. I'm going into this with the lowest of expectations, that way whether it blows me away or is crap I wont be let down. I used to be optimistic about the show but after the last three episodes I feel done.

I'm not your friend-o Cartoonnetwork's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedwaySquad View Post
    Plot certainly sounds different and perhaps interesting, but I hope it doesn't turn in to another "Simpsons on the run" plot a la KTAAR and BMM
    Yeah, that's exactly my fear and it seems to be confirmed with every new framegrab.

I liked some of the very first pictures we saw of the episode and the general idea doesn't sound so bad. I hope this is at least better than the three last episodes (even though I actually found The D'oh-cial Network kinda good).
    My Simpsons homage!

http://elblogderg.blogspot.com

Blog Entries

Haha, these promo pics look an awful lot like Crash Canyon. Oh god, I hope there's a crossover.

Banned
    Blog Entries

L to the O to the L.

Banned
    inside of your skeleton, slowly feeding away at your insides,
    Blog Entries

Why won't they just hire me?

Dividing by Zero ...$slkdafjk

Quote Originally Posted by MDB View Post
    Marge and Lisa’s mother-daughter Valentine’s Day plans take a turn when Lisa meets Nick (guest voice Michael Cera), an intellectual romantic who shares the same passion for culture, history and literature. Lisa and Nick fall head over heels for each other in a fairytale romance and make a secret getaway to Mulberry Island to profess their eternal love.
    The awkward moment when your name is Nick.

But seriously, this episode sounds awful. Is this really what they're rolling out for their 500th episode? (I know I'm late on this, I haven't been able to keep up lately due to being very busy)
    Last edited by Lolrus; 02-03-2012 at 04:00 PM. Reason: The awkward moment when you accidentally leave behind an URL tag

I'm a man of wealth and taste Irvine's Avatar
    Blog Entries

No, the 500th episode airing after that episode.
    My Simpsons Season Rankings:
    6 > 7 > 3 > 5 > 8 > 4 > 2 > 1 > 9 > 15 > 13 > 14 > 10 > 16 > 12 > 11 > 22 > 21 > 17 > 24 > 18 > 20 > 19 > 23

My Simpsons Season 25 Ratings
    Homerland - C Treehouse of Horror XXIV - B Four Regrettings and a Funeral - C- YOLO - B Labor Pains - C The Kid is All Right - C+ Yellow Subterfudge - B White Christmas Blues - B- Steal This Episode - A- Married to the Blob - C- Specs and the City - C Diggs - D The Man Who Grew Too Much - F The Winter of His Content - B+ The War of Art - C- You Don't Have to Live Like a Referee - F Luca$ -D Days of Future Future - D

Quote Originally Posted by Frightened Inmate No. 2 View Post
    what girl could resist a guy who wakes up his mother to ask her if she has a crush on hitler

Banned
    Blog Entries

An episode about Lisa meeting a romantic interest? How original!

Quote Originally Posted by lolcats View Post
    An episode about Lisa meeting a romantic interest? How original!
    Yes I know !

And it's sure that I forgot at least another...

Blog Entries

Lisa just needs to hitch with Millhouse and call it good. Let's see, Lisa has been with... Corey, Langdon Alger, Colin, Nelson Muntz, Luke Stetson, Ralph Wiggum, and that's just according to WikiSimpsons, If memory serves me right there are others. Glad to see they're pulling out all the stops to make a new plot. :/ That's the day after tomorrow this thing airs? Fantastic. :/

To make this worse there's another Bart and Millhouse subplot related to MythBusters....

FML

No longer creepy Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jordanwj View Post
    That's the day after tomorrow this thing airs? Fantastic. :/
    Actually, it doesn't air until the 12th.
    The original Favorite and least favorite by season
    Shorts: 1: The Pacifier Watching TV 2: World War III Maggie's Brain 3: Bathtime Scary Movie
    Episodes: 1: Krusty Gets Busted The Telltale Head 2: Bart Gets an F The War of the Simpsons 3: Homer at the Bat Separate Vocations 4: Marge vs. the Monorail Krusty Gets Kancelled 5: Cape Feare Lady Bouvier's Lover 6: Homer Badman Lisa on Ice 7: King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8: Simpsoncalifragilisticexpialad'ohcious Lisa's Date with Density 9: Bart Carny The Trouble with Trillions 10: Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: "Kidney Trouble" 11: Guess Who's Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12: HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13: Tales from the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15: The Ziff Who Came to Dinner Bart-Mangled Banner 16: A Star Is Torn She Used to Be My Girl 17: My Fair Laddy The Italian Bob 18: The Haw-Hawed Couple The Boys of Bummer 19: Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20: Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21: The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22: Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23: The Falcon and the D'ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24: Hardly Kirk-ing What Animated Women Want

Blog Entries

D'aawww I wanted ti get this mess out of the way. Oh well.

I forgot one relation of Lisa in my previous post !

Banned
    Blog Entries

JUST CROSS OVER WITH FAMILY GUY ALREADY!

YOU HAVE NO MORE SHAME LEFT!

WHILE YOUR AT IT, CROSS OVER WITH SOUTH PARK!

IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE. BUT HAS ANY EPISODE MADE SENSE SO FAR?

HOMER DANCING ON THE CEILING! JESUS!

Blog Entries

A South Park crossover wouldn't be that bad to be honest...not sure how Family Guy would pull it off. Not really sure I ever want to find out.

Banned
    Blog Entries

The Simpsons has made a few nods to Family Guy before...

Even to American Dad...

Lisa just needs to hitch with Millhouse and call it good. Let's see, Lisa has been with... Corey, Langdon Alger, Colin, Nelson Muntz, Luke Stetson, Ralph Wiggum, and that's just according to WikiSimpsons, If memory serves me right there are others. Glad to see they're pulling out all the stops to make a new plot. :/
    Don't forget about Hugh Parkfield, the vampire kid voiced by Harry Potter aka Daniel Radcliffe (I've tried to forget about this one myself) and Lisa's "Lesbian Until Graduation" female love interests from Holidays of Future Passed. (And if you're including generic "Corey", you've probably got to include her crush on Jesse Grass from the treehugger episode as well.)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Lascelle View Post
    Don't forget about Hugh Parkfield, the vampire kid voiced by Harry Potter aka Daniel Radcliffe (I've tried to forget about this one myself) and Lisa's "Lesbian Until Graduation" female love interests from Holidays of Future Passed. (And if you're including generic "Corey", you've probably got to include her crush on Jesse Grass from the treehugger episode as well.)
    That girl gets around, lmao brat needs to settle down. Not sure why exactly they're doing this again, and I really have low hopes for the 500th episode. Might as well buy the 22 season bootleg boxset and call it a day. (Anyone have those?) They played "Homer's Phobia" on TV tonight, then they played a newer HD one, forget the name but don't really care. It was like seeing the before and after of a adorable white kitten before, then after it got charred and ran over.

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It was like seeing the before and after of a adorable white kitten before, then after it got charred and ran over.
    Oh, that kitten is JUST FINE. After so many years, you just need to lower your standards & expectations and then you can enjoy it WITHOUT YOUR CRITIC HAT ON!!!!!

EDIT, as for the 500th episode, I wonder if the badlands the Simpsons move to could be a parody of this place.
    Well, ya'know if you stay positive and forget about trivial things like "proper characterization," "Satire," and "emotional depth" watching new Simpsons episodes can be a seemingly enjoyable lie.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Don't forget about Lisa Goes Gaga...

This will be terrible

No longer creepy Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I guess I'm the only person still looking forward to new episodes.

I'm a man of wealth and taste Irvine's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Not true, FP. I also look forward to new episodes.....

....once in a while.

Thread Information