Page 71 of 78 FirstFirst ... 21616263646566676869707172737475767778 LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,130 of 2334

Thread: Season 23 Information Thread

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Quote Originally Posted by cymek View Post
    I fail to see how Gina (The Wandering Juvie) qualifies for a girlfriend. She was more like of an accomplice, wasn't she?
    Yes, but Bart may not realize that clearly and later remember that Gina was only an accomplice.

Get 'im, Sheba! Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Or, more likely, a shit will not be given.
    Quote Originally Posted by dman360 View Post
    Don't tell what to do fuck face, and I'm not changing it I do what I want so fuck you bitch
    The original Favorite and least favorite by season
    Shorts: 1: The Pacifier Watching TV 2: World War III Maggie's Brain 3: Bathtime Scary Movie
    Episodes: 1: Krusty Gets Busted There's No Disgrace Like Home 2: Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3: Homer at the Bat Separate Vocations 4: Homer's Triple Bypass Krusty Gets Kancelled 5: Cape Feare Lady Bouvier's Lover 6: Homer Badman Lisa on Ice 7: King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8: Homer's Enemy The Simpsons Spin-Off Showcase 9: Bart Carny The Trouble with Trillions 10: Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: "Kidney Trouble" 11: Guess Who's Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12: HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13: Tales from the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15: The Ziff Who Came to Dinner Bart-Mangled Banner 16: A Star Is Torn She Used to Be My Girl 17: My Fair Laddy The Italian Bob 18: The Haw-Hawed Couple The Boys of Bummer 19: Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20: Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21: The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22: Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23: The Falcon and the D'ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24: Hardly Kirk-ing What Animated Women Want 25: The War of Art What to Expect When Bart's Expecting

Voted "Best Taste" in NHC awards. Therefore, I'm right, you're wrong.

Blog Entries

Seeing Zooey Deschanel's name listed for an appearance on The Simpsons has reminded me of "Mr. Kirkt" objecting to her appearance in that FOX anniversary special Simpsons clip.

"Moonshine River" sounds interesting though.
    Fun Fact: I hate heights

Banned
    inside of your skeleton, slowly feeding away at your insides,
    Blog Entries

I know we'll get a Sideshow Bob next season.

Sadly, by now, I already know what'll happen.

continuously shaking head c l o n e's Avatar
    Blog Entries

DICK MOVE! Comicshow MolemanBob's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Blog Entries

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I hope in the middle of channling Lisa, Willie runs out and plants an ax in her back.

Well, ya'know if you stay positive and forget about trivial things like "proper characterization," "Satire," and "emotional depth" watching new Simpsons episodes can be a seemingly enjoyable lie.

"One of the keys to life is having a sense of proportion, knowing how long to sit at a restaurant after you've eaten, or how long you should go on vacation if you go to Hawaii for a month on vacation, I guarantee you that by the end you'll hate it. So it's the same with a TV show, you want to do a certain amount of it, so that when people look back on it and they love it. I could have easily done the show for one or two or three more years, but it would have changed the way people look back at it. I think I made the right decision. Because people like the show now even more than they did in the 1990s, because it didn't get worn out." -- Jerry Seinfeld

Blog Entries

she looks like a younger version of mrs. glick

I'm a bit confused as to how/why they managed to get 2 more seasons, when the ratings are lower than they've ever been (for the most part). Are they still making a significant amount of money from merchandising? Is it still popular overseas? I know it's still in syndication too, but it used to be on all the time here, now they only show 4 episodes on Saturdays. Why don't they sell syndication rights to cable? It would do well on TBS or adult swim.

And yes, I know about the cancellation threat and that everyone took pay cuts.
    Season 24: Moonshine River: C | Treehouse of Horror XXIII: B- | Adventures in Baby-Getting: B+ | Gone Abie Gone: C+ | Penny-Wiseguys: D+ | A Tree Grows in Springfield: C- | The Day the Earth Stood Cool: B+ | To Cur With Love: B+ | Homer Goes to Prep School: C | A Test Before Trying: B- | The Changing of the Guardian: C+ | Love is a Many-Splintered Thing: C | Hardly Kirk-ing: B- | Gorgeous Grampa: B+ | Black-Eyed, Please: B- | Dark Knight Court: B- | What Animated Women Want: C | Pulpit Friction: B- | Whiskey Business: C | The Fabulous Faker Boy: C | The Saga of Carl: B- | Dangers on a Train: B+

My Season Rankings: 4, 7, 5, 6, 8, 3, 2, 9, 1, 15, 14, 16, 10, 13, 21, 20, 19, 17, 25, 24, 23, 22, 12, 18, 11

Quote Originally Posted by sophistiquated View Post
    I'm a bit confused as to how/why they managed to get 2 more seasons, when the ratings are lower than they've ever been (for the most part). Are they still making a significant amount of money from merchandising?
    I think DVD sales (and other merchandising) matter more than ratings these days. A couple of years ago, Trey Parker called the airing of a new episode of South Park "basically a 20 minute commercial for the DVD's'

Quote Originally Posted by Matty View Post
    I think DVD sales (and other merchandising) matter more than ratings these days. A couple of years ago, Trey Parker called the airing of a new episode of South Park "basically a 20 minute commercial for the DVD's'
    Evantually everyone involved with The Simpsons will take big enough pay-cuts that FOX will stop airing new Simpsons episodes and instead release the crappiest episodes yet straight-to-DVD.

Food-Crazed Maniac Oh, that's raspberry!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm still amazed that people seem to not realize ratings don't really matter to this show. I doubt it will make it past Season 25, but then near the end of last year I would've bet money Season 23 was gonna be the end.

Anyway yeah, Gaga promo is awful. The rate and review thread for that one is already giving me a headache...

Quote Originally Posted by Oh, that's raspberry! View Post
    I'm still amazed that people seem to not realize ratings don't really matter to this show. I doubt it will make it past Season 25, but then near the end of last year I would've bet money Season 23 was gonna be the end.

Anyway yeah, Gaga promo is awful. The rate and review thread for that one is already giving me a headache...
    "Ned and Edna's Blend" sounded better for a season finale since it is not hyping up a guest star who will be a has been 2 years later.

Blog Entries

Yeah, I'm actually looking forward to that one.

The promo doesn't convey the most exciting part of the episode:

This is only one of 18 outfits that she’ll wear in the episode.
    Bravo.
    Quote Originally Posted by David Mirkin, 1995
    I think at the end of the eighth season, we'll all have to sit down, make sure the show is still fresh. Make sure that's it's not repeating itself or falling into a formula and you know...It's very possible that we'll still have energy after eight seasons, but hopefully it will always be a decision of quality, to make sure we are not lowering the quality just to make a little bit more money.

She looks normal If She won't wear any real crazy outfits I would be more disappointed than I already am.

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Oh, that's raspberry! View Post
    Why? 95% of the votes will be 1/5 or 2/5's and the standard few will defend the episode because of the "HOW DARE YOU CRITICIZE A SHOW THAT"S BEEN ON FOR 25 YEARS!!!" and "LADY GAGA IS MORE SUCCESSFUL THAN YOU! YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO COMPLAIN!".

On second thought, this could turn out even worse than I imagined...

Blog Entries

Yeah, I'm expecting that and worse...

R.I.P. Marcia "Edna" Wallace! Edgar Allan Moz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rango View Post
    Why? 95% of the votes will be 1/5 or 2/5's and the standard few will defend the episode because of the "HOW DARE YOU CRITICIZE A SHOW THAT"S BEEN ON FOR 25 YEARS!!!" and "LADY GAGA IS MORE SUCCESSFUL THAN YOU! YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO COMPLAIN!".

On second thought, this could turn out even worse than I imagined...
    Are 95% of the votes going to be 1/5 or 2/5 because of the storyline or just because of Lady Gaga?

Blog Entries

both, most likely.

This promo card is TERRIBLE.

I just hope the episode will be better than the one of yesterday that was in the top 10 of the worst episode of the show...
    My Simpsons Season 26 Ratings/Reviews:
    Clown in the Dumps : 1/5 / The Wreck of the Relationship : 3,5/5 / Super Franchise Me : 3/5 / Simpson Horror Show XXV : 2,75/5

Quote Originally Posted by AlexandreLeblanc View Post
    I just hope the episode will be better than the one of yesterday that was in the top 10 of the worst episode of the show...
    the one yesterday was just a run of the mill season 23 episode. nothing great, but nothing to deem it one of the worst either.

This promo card is TERRIBLE.
    by the way, why haven't we got promos for the next two chapters? Fox flash had already released the promos from the others show from Fox Animation

I'm not your friend-o Cartoonnetwork's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The Lady Gaga episode gets a lot of hate because of the synopsis and guest star, but the promo is actually pretty well drawn and colored and I like Gaga design. She doesn't really look like her, in fact the simpsonic version makes her look hotter and sweeter IMO but at least she does look expressive and craftly drawn, unlike the uninspired caricatures just standing there that we see in most of the guest star promos these days.

I don't know if the visual look is an indication of something, but if I had to judge by the promo I'd say the episode may be a little better than expected.
    My Simpsons homage!

http://elblogderg.blogspot.com

I don't think that someone post it so I'll do it.

The audience of the episode of yesterday was of 4,75 million of viewers.

I don't think that someone post it so I'll do it.

The audience of the episode of yesterday was of 4,75 million of viewers.
    I think what's shocking about the ratings this week is that American Dad managed more viewers, with 4.8 million. Does anyone know if this is the first time that happened?

Same Avatar, Different Shit Zombies Rise from the Sea's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cartoonnetwork View Post
    The Lady Gaga episode gets a lot of hate because of the synopsis and guest star, but the promo is actually pretty well drawn and colored and I like Gaga design. She doesn't really look like her, in fact the simpsonic version makes her look hotter and sweeter IMO but at least she does look expressive and craftly drawn, unlike the uninspired caricatures just standing there that we see in most of the guest star promos these days.
    The promo looks good but the image itself is terrible, there is nothing that I see in this image that suggests that the image will be any good; it's just Lisa standing there with a microphone on an extravagant stage while Lady Gags look at her in the most awkward of ways.

They can make the image look good all they want, doesn't mean the episode itself will be an unexpected masterpiece.
    My Simpsons Season 25 Ratings/Reviews:
    Homerland (3.5/10) Treehouse of Horror XXIV (5.0/10) Four Regrettings and a Funeral (4.0/10) YOLO (4.5/10) Labor Pains (5.0/10) The Kid is All Right (3.0/10) Yellow Subterfuge (5.5/10) White Christmas Blues (1.5/10) Steal This Episode (7.0/10) Married to the Blob (5.5/10) Specs and the City (4.5/10)

Banned
    inside of your skeleton, slowly feeding away at your insides,
    Blog Entries

Hmm... A promo image for Lisa Goes Gaga?
    Let's see how bad it- OHMYGODIWANTTODIE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffles View Post
    I think what's shocking about the ratings this week is that American Dad managed more viewers, with 4.8 million. Does anyone know if this is the first time that happened?
    I'm not sure at 100% but yes I think this is the first time that this happen

Thread Information