Page 68 of 78 FirstFirst ... 185859606162636465666768697071727374757677 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,040 of 2334

Thread: Season 23 Information Thread

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by qwerasdf View Post

THE SIMPSONS (8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT) – “Lisa Goes Gaga” – Season Finale
    Lisa tries to reverse her status as one of the least popular girls in school by ghostwriting positive things about herself on the school blog. When her plan backfires, her social ranking plummets to a new low – until a psychic force tells Lady Gaga (guest-starring as herself) that Lisa needs her help. With Gaga’s assistance, Lisa and the entire town of Springfield realize that being yourself is better than being like anyone else.
    What the fuck?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dobbie View Post
    What the fuck?
    Quoted for truth....that psychic bullshit sounds terrible...not talking bar rag terrible...but pretty close
    Fun Fact: I hate heights

Blog Entries

Thinking about this Gaga episode... maybe the rapture happened already

Banned
    inside of your skeleton, slowly feeding away at your insides,
    Blog Entries

I'm totally ready to watch Lisa Goes Gaga...

I bet it'll be so bad it's good...

Quote Originally Posted by lolcats View Post
    I'm totally ready to watch Lisa Goes Gaga...

I bet it'll be so bad it's good...
    If I can keep my dinner down, it'll be a laugh riot

I'm hoping it's like New Kids on the Blecch, where the guest star totally makes fun of themselves. I could see Gaga going with that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Veganpunk View Post
    I'm hoping it's like New Kids on the Blecch, where the guest star totally makes fun of themselves. I could see Gaga going with that.
    I honestly can't...listening to her in interviews, she seems to take herself pretty seriously...and even though The Simpsons still has the power to make celebrities go "What the Hell, it's The Simpsons" if a joke was made...Al Jean and co. probably won't because they don't want to piss off their guest star.

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunbadia View Post
    I honestly can't...listening to her in interviews, she seems to take herself pretty seriously...and even though The Simpsons still has the power to make celebrities go "What the Hell, it's The Simpsons" if a joke was made...Al Jean and co. probably won't because they don't want to piss off their guest star.
    "The easiest way to be popular is to leech off the popularity of others."

--Patty, from "A Star is Burns."

Well, ya'know if you stay positive and forget about trivial things like "proper characterization," "Satire," and "emotional depth" watching new Simpsons episodes can be a seemingly enjoyable lie.

continuously shaking head c l o n e's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Looks like there's a song in Sunday's episode.

*RIP Marcia Wallace* TriforceBun's Avatar

I rather like the lyrics and sentiment of that song, pretty good. Not really sold on the singer though--who's doing that voice?
    My Nintendo webcomic,

continuously shaking head c l o n e's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Steve Coogan (link) Doesn't sound much like him at all, well, the singing anyway

Food-Crazed Maniac Oh, that's raspberry!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yeah as a way to blatantly tell the plot it was cute, singer was okay.

This is not fabulous but it's okay...
    My Simpsons Season 26 Ratings/Reviews:
    Clown in the Dumps : 1/5 / The Wreck of the Relationship : 3,5/5 / Super Franchise Me : 3/5 / Simpson Horror Show XXV : 2,75/5

Blog Entries

Wow...it really doesn't sound like Coogan, though maybe it's just the singing. You could tell it was him when he voiced the devil in the "Neighbours from Hell" cartoon (Ah, how I wish it had been picked up for a second season).

I'm not your friend-o Cartoonnetwork's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Maybe it needed fastest pacing? I usually love Steve Coogan in movies but yeah, it doesn't really sound like him, and I didn't like the singing voice too much.

Anyway the lyrics are ok and the shots were more dynamic than usual. It looks like a pretty decent episode, the setting is different and there seem to be some new secondary characters that could work. Looking forward to it.
    My Simpsons homage!

http://elblogderg.blogspot.com

Blog Entries

I like that the essay the episode was named after was all about how horrible and artificial cruises are but in the simpsons they're the greatest thing in the world

paranormal investigator merry frizmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, Bart desn't look like he's having a good time, so you never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by dman360 View Post
    Whats you're favorite episode to watch for a certain time of the day, it can be in the morning, it can possibly be in the afternoon or it could be during the night.
    twitter - facebook - buy my god damn comedy album - buy my second god damn comedy album

Blog Entries

Here's another preview for this Sunday's episode

I liked a lot
    you are going to kill me because I am not sure how write in english
    The Simpsons - Season 26: Clown in the Dumps: C- | The Wreck of the Relationship: A- | Super Franchise Me: B | Treehouse of Horror XXV: A- | Opposites A-Frack: A- | Simpsorama: B+
    Family guy - Season 13: The Simpsons Guy: C- | The Book of Joe: B | Baking Bad: C | Brian the Closer: C+
    American dad - Season 10: Roger Passes the Bar: B- | A Boy Named Michael: B | Blagsnarst, A Love Story: B |Blonde Ambition: B- | CIAPOW: B | Scents and Sensei-bility: B+ | Big Stan on Campus: C
    Bob's burgers - Season 4: Work Hard or Die Trying, Girl: B+ | Tina and the Real Ghost: B-

Could this clip be a reference to The Simpsons currently being shown in syndication in which the episodes being shown are mostly the two most recent seasons to enter in syndication therefore making people bored?

Same Avatar, Different Shit Zombies Rise from the Sea's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by biffwestwood View Post
    Could this clip be a reference to The Simpsons currently being shown in syndication in which the episodes being shown are mostly the two most recent seasons to enter in syndication therefore making people bored?
    Nah, I think it's a reference to The Simpsons being boring themselves; though I doubt the writers or creators could be that clever/aware to reference that.

My Simpsons Season 25 Ratings/Reviews:
    Homerland (3.5/10) Treehouse of Horror XXIV (5.0/10) Four Regrettings and a Funeral (4.0/10) YOLO (4.5/10) Labor Pains (5.0/10) The Kid is All Right (3.0/10) Yellow Subterfuge (5.5/10) White Christmas Blues (1.5/10) Steal This Episode (7.0/10) Married to the Blob (5.5/10) Specs and the City (4.5/10)

Chatting Simpsons Since 1993 Brad Lascelle's Avatar

I'm a big fan of both of those clips.
    Really looking forward to this Sunday's episode.
    My only concern at this point is pacing as it seems like they've got a lot to cram in to 22 minutes and the cruise material likely won't kick in until the 2nd act.

My bet is that the Monday-to-Friday clip is the beginning of the episode.

My bet is that the Monday-to-Friday clip is the beginning of the episode.
    That's virtually assured. Kind of nice being able to see it without credits obstructing it.
    Coogan's cruise ship musical number will likely close Act 2 or kick off Act 3 as it's clearly the plot device that will prod Bart into sabotage mode.

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I hope the ending is the family living in an Government run Ice Station picking at a frozen toilet, or something. I know the status quoe should change every once in a great while, but that'd be stupid.

Blog Entries

Are you kidding me.

paranormal investigator merry frizmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Very happy to hear Hot Chip on The Simpsons, but you can tell Al Jean just searched "boy" and "school" on Spotify to get music for his montage.

Quote Originally Posted by Matty View Post
    Here's something interesting. Robert Lopez, who wrote Avenue Q and co-wrote The Book of Mormon with Trey & Matt, composed and recorded a song for an upcoming episode

http://www.broadway.com/shows/book-m...nd-matt-stone/
    And confirmation that the Lopez song in question is the one Steve Coogan is singing above. Boy they really are whoring out their work to other people now.
    Quote Originally Posted by David Mirkin, 1995
    I think at the end of the eighth season, we'll all have to sit down, make sure the show is still fresh. Make sure that's it's not repeating itself or falling into a formula and you know...It's very possible that we'll still have energy after eight seasons, but hopefully it will always be a decision of quality, to make sure we are not lowering the quality just to make a little bit more money.

Quote Originally Posted by Gran2 View Post
    And confirmation that the Lopez song in question is the one Steve Coogan is singing above. Boy they really are whoring out their work to other people now.
    You make that sound like it's a bad thing. Personally, I hope they keep bringing in outside help.

Most of the crew outside of Selman, Kimball & Maxtone-Graham (when they're motivated), Burns (ditto) and Wilmore aren't going to come up with anything better on their own.

the Frying Dutchman Sinterklaas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gran2 View Post
    I'm dissapointed they didn't have him write the lyrics. I think he could've done something funnier than the Simpsons writers. Now they just had him try to to have music fit their amateurish lyrics. What's the point, even?

Thread Information