Page 61 of 78 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,830 of 2334

Thread: Season 23 Information Thread

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

I'm not your friend-o Cartoonnetwork's Avatar
    Blog Entries

For some reason A Totally Fun Thing Bart Will Never Do It Again appeals to me the most, at least on paper. Though I feel it will be very bad.

The Spy Who Learned Me doesn't sound very special to me, but I get the feeling it will be the best one. The down-to-earth ones are usually the best, except for the format-benders.

I'm not interested on the Gaga one, but playing devil's advocate, I feel like that if they are going to use guest stars they should have big guest stars like this one. It could even work if done right, but it'll probably suck. I defend the Katy Perry episode, though. It was a fun segment and she was funny enough-and hot-in it.

I'm ambivalent about the Nedna thing. I'm not sure if they'll do anything interesting about it.
    My Simpsons homage!

http://elblogderg.blogspot.com

The raiting for "Them, Robot" was of 5.24 M
    Sorry for my english, i use the translator

Thanks for that urugayo This is not very ggod but I'm happy to realize that not so much people watch this bad episode.
    My Simpsons Season 26 Ratings/Reviews:
    Clown in the Dumps : 1/5 / The Wreck of the Relationship : 3,5/5 / Super Franchise Me : 3/5 / Simpson Horror Show XXV : 2,75/5

Food-Crazed Maniac Oh, that's raspberry!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Do ratings even matter to FOX anymore when it comes to this show? They probably haven't in a long time.

Visual Development Department Robotics's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Half of the season was disappointing. "Them Robot" is very average for the newer seasons, and now we have to wait a month for the next episode. Just looking at the titles for season 23 makes it seem like it won't work out too well. Who knows, they might surprise us with a good episode? (Don't worry, I have huge doubts for the people who think I am crazy)

Blog Entries

not sure if this means anything

Quote Originally Posted by James L. Brooks
    Maggie Simpson may finally get a shot at stardom befitting her age and size
    https://twitter.com/#!/canyonjim/sta...50487848124418

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Homer View Post
    That could be the episode "Adventures in Baby-Getting"

I've only just started paying attention to this season, have I missed anything (dare I say) worth watching?

Pretend it's a reindeer Financial Prancer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

In most people's opinion, "Holidays of Future Passed" is among the best of the modern era.
    Quote Originally Posted by dman360 View Post
    Don't tell what to do fuck face, and I'm not changing it I do what I want so fuck you bitch
    The original Favorite and least favorite by season
    Shorts: 1: The Pacifier Watching TV 2: World War III Maggie's Brain 3: Bathtime Scary Movie
    Episodes: 1: Krusty Gets Busted There's No Disgrace Like Home 2: Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3: Homer at the Bat Separate Vocations 4: Homer's Triple Bypass Krusty Gets Kancelled 5: Cape Feare Lady Bouvier's Lover 6: Homer Badman Lisa on Ice 7: King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8: Homer's Enemy The Simpsons Spin-Off Showcase 9: Bart Carny The Trouble with Trillions 10: Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: "Kidney Trouble" 11: Guess Who's Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12: HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13: Tales from the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15: The Ziff Who Came to Dinner Bart-Mangled Banner 16: A Star Is Torn She Used to Be My Girl 17: My Fair Laddy The Italian Bob 18: The Haw-Hawed Couple The Boys of Bummer 19: Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20: Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21: The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22: Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23: The Falcon and the D'ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24: Hardly Kirk-ing What Animated Women Want 25: The War of Art What to Expect When Bart's Expecting

Voted "Best Taste" in NHC awards. Therefore, I'm right, you're wrong.

Thanks, I will give that one a go then. In fairness to the writing staff, they know how to write one good episode a season!

The book job and How I wet your mother arr also good ones.

Pretend it's a reindeer Financial Prancer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The Book Job is really good, but I'm not crazy about How I Wet Your Mother. I put it right in the middle of the rankings. (Jayrayman, you can go here to view people's rankings.)

Formally Fry-O-Rama Homer Defined's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oh, that's raspberry! View Post
    Do ratings even matter to FOX anymore when it comes to this show? They probably haven't in a long time.
    I don't think they do, if they did the ratings all of the animated shows have been getting on the Animation Domination block would be off the air by now because these are very poor ratings.
    Jimbo Jones: [about Homer] I hear that guy's ass has it's own congressman!
    Bart Simpson: I wash myself with a rag on a stick.
    Homer Simpson: [takes cap out of dryer and puts it on his head] Mmmmm... I CAN feel three types of softness.
    Lisa Simpson: [from upstairs] Dad, what are you doing down there?
    Homer Simpson: Washing my fat guy's hat honey!

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

And the Simpsons gets fewer viewers now compared to when Futurama was cancelled.

Well, ya'know if you stay positive and forget about trivial things like "proper characterization," "Satire," and "emotional depth" watching new Simpsons episodes can be a seemingly enjoyable lie.

Pin Pal MagicalManFromHappyLand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Le Jake View Post
    And the Simpsons gets fewer viewers now compared to when Futurama was cancelled.
    There's a drop in views in all shows though, The Simpsons is still the highest rated of the animated shows most weeks.

Blog Entries

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...atings/125056/

The Simpsons is still among highest-rated adults 18-49 programs on television....

Blog Entries

I had no idea grey's anatomy was still popular

and more importantly, it sucks compared to Futurama

Chatting Simpsons Since 1993 Brad Lascelle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Homer View Post
    April 15, 2012: PABF11 - Beware My Cheating Bart
    Bart falls in love with Jimbo's girlfriend Shauna, while Homer buys a tricked-out treadmill so he can watch old episodes of a TV show similar to Lost.
    Written by: Ben Joseph, Directed by: Mark Kirkland
    I'm always intrigued by episodes from first-time writers... especially freelance ones. Ben is a regular contributor to collegehumor.com and has already shared a number of anecdotes on what it was like to write this episode... although I think the scheduling gods clearly don't favor him seeing how his ep has been buried in a sea of reruns dooming it to what will likely be "new least watched episode ever" status.

Incidentally, Jake's "8 percent of the final script comes from the original writer" might be sound but it doesn't change the fact that an episode's original 40-45 page draft... the meat and potatoes of what make it what it is... are always penned by the credited writer. The script gets picked apart line for line and peppered with new jokes by the entire team but the overriding concept belongs to the head writer and if their stuff doesn't need to be improved upon (or, in the case of Castellaneta-LaCusta, should be improved on but they dare not do it) more of the original draft will find its way into the finished on-screen product.

OUTLOOK = Cautiously Optimistic; Bart's girlfriend episodes are a dime a dozen these days but the last three (The Good, the Sad and the Drugly - Jenny, Stealing First Base - Nikki, Flaming Moe - Melody) haven't been bad. Jimbo has also been long overdue for some character development. He's been the butt of "your mom is hot" jokes for the past decade and nothing more.

April 29, 2012: PABF12 - A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again
    The Simpsons family goes on a vacation on a cruise liner, where Bart has so much fun that he devises a scheme to keep them all on board forever.
    Written by: Matt Warburton, Directed by: Chris Clements
    I'm a big fan of Warburton. The Great Simpsina was one of my favorites of last season. He has an extremely strong grasp on characterizations and the only ep of his I haven't cared much for is Please Homer, Don't Hammer 'Em due to that retarded peanut-shrimp allergy subplot and those action sequences set to the Phantom Menace soundtrack.

For some reason his episodes never seem to wind up memorably funny. But the strength in character writing is usually enough to compensate. As far as vacation episodes go, a cruise ship is relatively fresh territory for the Simpsons to cover (only having been milked briefly with Kirk and Luann falling overboard in the past). The premise sounds rather inventive as well especially given the absence of subplot.

OUTLOOK = Enthusiastic

May 6, 2012: PABF13 - The Spy Who Learned Me
    Homer is given eight weeks of paid vacation after suffering an injury at work, but decides to keep the news secret. Bart gets Nelson addicted on Krustyburgers so he can gain weight and stop bullying him.
    Written by: Marc Wilmore, Directed by: Bob Anderson
    In addition to more Warburton, back on Page 59 of this thread I also asked for more Wilmore. He delivered with Drugly and this season's Exit Through the Kwik-E-Mart (which is right up there with The Food Wife for 3rd fave of this season - behind The Book Job and Holidays of Future Passed).

These premises sound fun but a little paper-thin based on their descriptions. Neither one seems to reference the title in any way which I'm perplexed about. Bart/Nelson subplots tend to work better than Bart/Milhouse subplots these days. Seems like most of the time Homer's family just assumes he gets fired from work routinely so the whole charade he's pulling seems a tad farfetched but we'll see where they go with it.

OUTLOOK = Cautiously Optimistic; I'm a little apprehensive about Wilmore phoning it in given this is his second PABF episode. Swartzwelder used to shovel out a half-dozen episodes per year but he's uniquely special.

May 13, 2012: PABF14 - Lisa Goes Gaga
    Lady Gaga tries to cheer up Lisa after she's voted the most unpopular kid at school.
    Written by: Tim Long, Directed by: Matthew Schofield
    Wow. Less popular than Ralph, "nobody likes Milhouse", Martin Prince, Database, the bullies that prey on kids for their lunch money. More unpopular than all of them? That's a new low for Lisa.

Milking story concepts off of Lisa's lack of popularity is hardly new territory. Dan Greaney wielded that premise to deliver the classic Summer of 4 Foot 2. But the whole "bring in a celebrity to cheer up a depressed Lisa" angle never works. It didn't work with Angela Bassett voicing Michelle Obama. It didn't work with the cast of Glee and the Flight of the Conchords. It BARELY worked with Stephen Hawking. And it sure as hell won't work with Lady Gaga. It's just so trite and hackneyed.

I tried to be optimistic about this long-chastised episode... I really did. But with Tim Long attached to the script? Ugh...

OUTLOOK = Dismal; On the bright side for Tim, he'll have a tough time outstinking his earlier PABF effort in Moe Goes from Rags to Riches. This can't be any worse than that... right? RIGHT?!?

May 20, 2012: PABF15 - Ned 'n' Edna's Blend Agenda
    Ned and Edna admit they are secretly married which results in complications.
    Written by: Jeff Westbrook, Directed by: Chuck Sheetz
    It's probably a good thing they attached Westbrook for the next installment of Nedna development... although the whole "secret marriage" angle seems like they skipped a solid 2-3 subplots worth of material. Just because Westbrook is good at writing Flanders doesn't mean Nedna should barely be acknowledged in episodes he DOESN'T write, either. Even the Luann/Pyro affair seemed to have more context peppered throughout the series than this romance.

I'm fine with Nedna so long as it feels organically developed and not blocked into some finale slot at the end of each season.

OUTLOOK = Tepid

I'm not your friend-o Cartoonnetwork's Avatar
    Blog Entries

^Excellent analysis, Brad. Even though I'm not so informed/tend to forget about some of the writers track reccords, I agree with most of the things you said, ESPECIALLY about the Nedna episode. I totally agree with you, it's fine to introduce some novelties like this one, but I also think advancing in their relationship so fast and using it only in the last episode of each season seems more like a strategy to keep viewers interested rather than an organic development of the idea. I'm also afraid this would end in some sort of Maude-ification of Edna's character. I'm fine with Ned finding a new wife, but let's not forget Edna is very different to Flanders, and I don't see her as a religious person. Just because Flanders is one of the most popular/important secondaries in the show I hope they won't forget to keep Edna's personality, she's one of my favourite secondary characters as well.

the Frying Dutchman Sinterklaas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Lascelle View Post
    Incidentally, Jake's "8 percent of the final script comes from the original writer" might be sound but it doesn't change the fact that an episode's original 40-45 page draft... the meat and potatoes of what make it what it is... are always penned by the credited writer. The script gets picked apart line for line and peppered with new jokes by the entire team but the overriding concept belongs to the head writer and if their stuff doesn't need to be improved upon (or, in the case of Castellaneta-LaCusta, should be improved on but they dare not do it) more of the original draft will find its way into the finished on-screen product.
    Not true, whole plotpoints or even acts are changed during rewrites. And what makes you think they don't dare to 'improve' Castellaneta-LaCusta stuff?

Blog Entries

I can't wait to see the 24th season finale when the viewers get to vote to see if Edna stays a slut and cheats on Ned, or she goes religious and remains faithful.

Has the one where they go to Antarctica been scrapped?

Same Avatar, Different Shit Zombies Rise from the Sea's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bartist View Post
    Has the one where they go to Antarctica been scrapped?
    I'd doubt it... I'm guessing they'll go to Antarctica in the "A Totally Fun Thing Bart Will Never Do" episode.

My Simpsons Season 25 Ratings/Reviews:
    Homerland (3.5/10) Treehouse of Horror XXIV (5.0/10) Four Regrettings and a Funeral (4.0/10) YOLO (4.5/10) Labor Pains (5.0/10) The Kid is All Right (3.0/10) Yellow Subterfuge (5.5/10) White Christmas Blues (1.5/10) Steal This Episode (7.0/10) Married to the Blob (5.5/10) Specs and the City (4.5/10)

Quote Originally Posted by Zombies Rise from the Sea View Post
    I'd doubt it... I'm guessing they'll go to Antarctica in the "A Totally Fun Thing Bart Will Never Do" episode.
    I'm figuring the same, too. Since this is a vacation episode and taking place on a cruise ship, it could be possible that Bart latest prank causes the ship to be taken to Antarctica.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombies Rise from the Sea View Post
    Yes I'm pretty sure

This will be a very strange episode...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AlexandreLeblanc View Post
    Yes I'm pretty sure

This will be a very strange episode...
    What's going to happen? Will they all freeze to death and then be rescued by penguins?

What's going to happen? Will they all freeze to death and then be rescued by penguins?
    No, the family will land in a maze full of blocks of ice and some penguin will think the family are a bunch of sno-bees and he will try to crush them with blocks of ice while that penguin is also trying to line up three diamond blocks while the instrumental track "Popcorn" by Hot Butter is being played in the background like in the early 80's video game Pengo. (They should at least have that in the episode)
    Last edited by biffwestwood; 03-25-2012 at 07:32 PM.

We have the description for the episode to air on April 15th and it looks like an episode with no guest stars. Hooray!

--“THE SIMPSONS”—(8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT) CC-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1

BART LEARNS FIRSTHAND THAT LOVE HURTS

ON AN ALL-NEW “THE SIMPSONS”

SUNDAY, APRIL 15, ON FOX

When Bart is forced to chaperone Jimbo’s girlfriend to a movie, she ends up developing feelings for him, resulting in a whole bunch of trouble with the bullies at school. Meanwhile, Homer is persuaded to buy a state-of-the-art treadmill, fully equipped with a television. When Lisa shows Homer that he can access television shows wirelessly, he develops an obsession with watching an old television show from the treadmill, but not actually working out, until Marge decides to intervene in the all-new “Beware My Cheating Bart” episode of THE SIMPSONS airing Sunday, April 15 (8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (SI-2311) (TV-PG L, V)

Voice Cast: Dan Castellaneta as Homer Simpson; Julie Kavner as Marge Simpson; Nancy Cartwright as Bart Simpson and Nelson; Yeardley Smith as Lisa Simpson; Harry Shearer as Skinner; Pamela Hayden as Milhouse and Jimbo; Tress MacNeille as Dolph

For episodic artwork and more information on this episode of THE SIMPSONS, please visit http://foxflash.com/div.php/main/page?aID=1z2z2z175.

Quote Originally Posted by biffwestwood View Post
    When Bart is forced to chaperone Jimbo’s girlfriend to a movie, she ends up developing feelings for him, resulting in a whole bunch of trouble with the bullies at school. Meanwhile, Homer is persuaded to buy a state-of-the-art treadmill, fully equipped with a television. When Lisa shows Homer that he can access television shows wirelessly, he develops an obsession with watching an old television show from the treadmill, but not actually working out, until Marge decides to intervene in the all-new “Beware My Cheating Bart” episode of THE SIMPSONS airing Sunday, April 15 (8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (SI-2311) (TV-PG L, V)
    This chapter sounds good, even though the subplot remind me to "Homer The Father"

Not.they all freeze to death and eventually they were rescued by, oh, let's say.. Moe.
    you are going to kill me because I am not sure how write in english
    The Simpsons - Season 26: Clown in the Dumps: C- | The Wreck of the Relationship: A- | Super Franchise Me: B | Treehouse of Horror XXV: A- | Opposites A-Frack: A- | Simpsorama: B+
    Family guy - Season 13: The Simpsons Guy: C- | The Book of Joe: B | Baking Bad: C | Brian the Closer: C+
    American dad - Season 10: Roger Passes the Bar: B- | A Boy Named Michael: B | Blagsnarst, A Love Story: B |Blonde Ambition: B- | CIAPOW: B | Scents and Sensei-bility: B+ | Big Stan on Campus: C
    Bob's burgers - Season 4: Work Hard or Die Trying, Girl: B+ | Tina and the Real Ghost: B-

Thread Information