Page 47 of 78 FirstFirst ... 373839404142434445464748495051525354555657 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 2334

Thread: Season 23 Information Thread

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=: c l o n e's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Plot certainly sounds different and perhaps interesting, but I hope it doesn't turn in to another "Simpsons on the run" plot a la KTAAR and BMM

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Uncle Skeleton View Post
    Moe Goes From Rags to Riches looks awful, probably a D+ at best.
    The idea sounded kind of funky to me too. I gather Moe is either drunk or talks to that rag like Tom Hanks talked to Wilson in "Cast Away", which imo is ok. As long as its not just an "actual" talking rag.

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Homer I Am View Post
    Heath Ledger is cooler than you.
    And he'd be a better writer than most of the current staff, too.

Well, ya'know if you stay positive and forget about trivial things like "proper characterization," "Satire," and "emotional depth" watching new Simpsons episodes can be a seemingly enjoyable lie.

"One of the keys to life is having a sense of proportion, knowing how long to sit at a restaurant after you've eaten, or how long you should go on vacation if you go to Hawaii for a month on vacation, I guarantee you that by the end you'll hate it. So it's the same with a TV show, you want to do a certain amount of it, so that when people look back on it and they love it. I could have easily done the show for one or two or three more years, but it would have changed the way people look back at it. I think I made the right decision. Because people like the show now even more than they did in the 1990s, because it didn't get worn out." -- Jerry Seinfeld

Blog Entries

Im actually kinda looking forward to seeing Moe Goes from Rags to Riches even though it'll probably be bad. And the next episode The Daughter Also Rises sound terrible, both the Lisa plot and the {shudder} mythbusters oh I'm sorry I mean Mythcrackers parody. You can already predict there gonna do a coke and mentos joke. Again.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Le Jake View Post
    And he'd be a better writer than most of the current staff, too.
    Too bad he's dead.

Apparently David Letterman is another guest-voice in tonight episode.
    (This was posted by The Simpsons official Facebook): "David Letterman guest-voices on Tomorrow's episode of The Simpsons. Don't miss it at 8/7c!"
    Last edited by SimpsonArgentina; 01-29-2012 at 08:21 AM.
    I drink too much wine, I forget things.
    In order to remember them, I drink more wine.

He just guestvoiced 2 weeks ago, why would he be on again? Or is it just a facebook blunder?

Quote Originally Posted by Matty View Post
    He just guestvoiced 2 weeks ago, why would he be on again? Or is it just a facebook blunder?
    Nope, he is guest starring in tonights episode. I saw an ad on my FOX network advertising the celebrity.

Correction, David Letterman was not in the episode, the ad I saw was likely to have been a advertising mistake.
    Last edited by biffwestwood; 01-29-2012 at 08:50 PM.

Food-Crazed Maniac Oh, that's raspberry!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Didn't notice him in the episode, I guess they were off by one.

We got word from Entertainment Weekly that wiki-leaks founder Julian Assange will be guest starring as himself in "At Long Last Leave" as The Simpsons new neighbor in the off the grid town that the family gets sent to.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/01/30/si...ulian-assange/

Blog Entries

Now it's time for another one of Irvine's useless, not-so-famous predictions. Yay.

About the quality of At Long Last Leave - I predict it'll either one of these two things: it could be another Eternal Moonshine-type fluke, although I don't think they could pull off two Eternal Moonshines in one season. Or it could be like 500 Keys, in the sense that the episode is trying to be Eternal Moonshine, but fails miserably. Let's see how that fares.
    Last edited by Irvine; 01-30-2012 at 06:42 PM.
    My Simpsons Season Rankings:
    6 > 7 > 3 > 5 > 8 > 4 > 2 > 1 > 9 > 15 > 13 > 14 > 10 > 16 > 12 > 11 > 22 > 21 > 25 > 17 > 24 > 18 > 20 > 19 > 23

This space is blank because I have nothing to review until September. Have a nice summer!

foxflash.com has also added two more promos for "At Long Last Leave" in which they both have Julian Assange depicted in them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by irvine_11 View Post
    I don't think they could pull off two Eternal Moonshines in one season. Or it could be like 500 Keys, in the sense that the episode is trying to be Eternal Moonshine, but fails miserably. Let's see how that fares.
    Is "Eternal Moonshine" now just the phrase used to describe a good double-digit season episode of the show?

Woah.
    Last edited by friz; 01-30-2012 at 10:57 PM.

Blog Entries

*sniffs episode* Ooh, do I detect a subtle hint of MoneyBART? Its smooth flavor blends with the distinct tanginess of Jazzy and the Pussycats quite well

___________________ Bella Drape 'er's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by irvine_11 View Post
    I predict it'll either one of these two things: it could be another Eternal Moonshine-type fluke, although I don't think they could pull off two Eternal Moonshines in one season. Or it could be like 500 Keys, in the sense that the episode is trying to be Eternal Moonshine, but fails miserably. Let's see how that fares.
    I actually think 500 Keys is better than Eternal Moonshine.
    "Don't waste your moments in life, you never know when you'll stop waking up." MARYAM ZAREI
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I'm a writer, I use people for what I write...let the world beware." CATHERINE TRAMELL

Blog Entries

Actually, Friz, it's the term used to describe good episodes from seasons 17-present.

Quote Originally Posted by Bella Drape 'er View Post
    I actually think 500 Keys is better than Eternal Moonshine.
    I wouldn't remove that tape anytime soon.
    Last edited by Irvine; 01-31-2012 at 05:31 AM.

Blog Entries

Maybe the guy who started that "label" was drinking too much regular moonshine.

Blog Entries

Maybe the guy who started that "label" was drinking too much regular moonshine.
    Don't knock moonshine. That drink is one of the reasons why Tennessee is such a moral, well-respected state.

I am worry about the plot of "At Long Last Leave" I think writers will waste the time without a concrete argument, I mean the angry city, the new home and Julian Assange' jokes can't take only a half hour (which is really 21 minutes)
    you are going to kill me because I am not sure how write in english
    The Simpsons - Season 24:Moonshine River: B+ |Treehouse Of Horror XXIII: A- |Adventures In Baby-Getting: B+ |Gone Abie Gone: B+ |Penny-Wiseguys: C+ |A Tree Grows in Springfield: B- |The Day the Earth Stood Cool: B+ |To Cur with Love: B |Homer Goes To Prep School: A- |A Test Before Trying: B+ |The Changing Of The Guardian: B+ |Love Is A Many-Splintered Thing: B- |Hardly Kirk-ing: B+ |Gorgeous Grampa: B |Black-Eyed, Please: B- |Dark Knight Court: A- |What Animated Women Want: C |Pulpit Friction: B |Whisky Business: B+ |The Fabulous Faker Boy: C+ |The Saga Of Carl: B- |Dangers On A Train: B+
    Family guy - Season 12: Finders Keepers: C+ |Vestigial Peter: B+ |Quagmire's Quagmire: C+ |A Fistful of Meg: B- |Boopa-dee Bappa-dee: C | Life of Brian: B+ | Into Harmony's Way: B | Christmas Guy: B- | Peter Problems: C | Grimm Job: C- | Brian's a Bad Father: C+ | Mom's the Word: C | 3 Acts of God: B- | Fresh Heir: D+ | Secondhand Spoke: C | Herpe the Love Sore: C- | The Most Interesting Man in the World: B-
    American dad - Season 9: Steve & Snot's Test-Tubular Adventure: A- |Poltergasm: B |Buck, Wild: B |Crotchwalkers: B+ |Kung Pao Turkey: C+ |Independent Movie: A- |Faking Bad: B+ | Minstrel Krampus: B- | Vision: Impossible: B | Familyland: A- | Cock of the Sleepwalk: B | Introducing the Naughty Stewardesses: B- | I Ain't No Holodeck Boy: C+ | Stan Goes on the Pill: B | Honey, I'm Homeland: B- | She Swill Survive: A-
    Bob's burgers - Season 4: A River Runs Through Bob: C+ |Fort Night: A- |Seaplane!: B- |My Big Fat Greek Bob: B |Turkey in a Can: B+ |Purple Rain-Union: B |Bob and Deliver: A- | Christmas in the Car: B+ | Slumber Party: A- | Presto Tina-o: B | Easy Com-mercial, Easy Go-mercial: B | The Frond Files: B+ | Mazel-Tina: A- | Uncle Teddy: B | The Kids Rob a Train: B- | I Get Psy-chic Out of You: B | The Equestranauts: B+

Quote Originally Posted by biffwestwood View Post
    We got word from Entertainment Weekly that wiki-leaks founder Julian Assange will be guest starring as himself in "At Long Last Leave" as The Simpsons new neighbor in the off the grid town that the family gets sent to.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/01/30/si...ulian-assange/
    I think this is really weard !!!
    My Simpsons Season 24 Ratings/Reviews:
    Moonshine River (2,25/5) / Treehouse Of Horror XXIII (3,5/5) / Adventures in Baby-Getting (3,25/5) / Gone Abie Gone (3,5/5) / Penny Wise-Guys (3/5) / A Tree Grows in Springfield (1,75/5) / The Day The Earth Stood Cool (3,75/5) / To Cur with Love (4/5) / Homer Goes to Prep School (3/5) / A Test Before Trying (3,5/5) / The Changing of the Guardian (1,25/5) / Love is a Many-Splintered Thing (2,75/5) / Hardly Kirk-ing (3,25/5) / Gorgeous Grampa (2,25/5) / Black-Eyed, Please (3,75/5) / Dark Knight Court (3/5) / Pulpit Friction (3,25/5)

Futurama - Season 7 :
    The Bots and the Bees : 3,75/5 / A Farewell to Arms : 4/5 / Decision 3012 : 3,5/5 / The Thief of Baghead : 3,25/5 / Zapp Dingbat : 2/5 / The Butterjunk Effect : 2,5/5 / The Six Million Dollar Mon : 4/5 / Fun On A Bun : 3,75/5 / Free Will Hunting : 2,25/5 / Near-Death Wish : 3,75/5 / 31st Century Fox : 3,5/5 / Viva Mars Vegas : 4/5 / Naturama : 2,5/5

Quote Originally Posted by AlexandreLeblanc View Post
    I think this is really weard !!!
    not necessarily... maybe The Simpsons will move to a place when people who is hated by somebody can live in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by MDB View Post
    not necessarily... maybe The Simpsons will move to a place when people who is hated by somebody can live in peace.
    Yes this is possible

Blog Entries

Off the grid!? Are they going Amish Paradise, or something?

Same Avatar, Different Shit Zombies Rise from the Sea's Avatar

If they are then I'm hoping there's a joke that at least references the lack of entertainment or the inconvenience of using bushes as a bathroom...
    My Simpsons Season 25 Ratings/Reviews:
    Homerland (3.5/10) Treehouse of Horror XXIV (5.0/10) Four Regrettings and a Funeral (4.0/10) YOLO (4.5/10) Labor Pains (5.0/10) The Kid is All Right (3.0/10) Yellow Subterfuge (5.5/10) White Christmas Blues (1.5/10) Steal This Episode (7.0/10) Married to the Blob (5.5/10) Specs and the City (4.5/10)

Looks more like a Mad Max kinda place in the promo's. Why would Marge dress like that?

Maybe they're suggesting we should all go off the grid and disconnect ourselves from the Simpsons. Or maybe season 23 will finally go off the grid to produce a decent, entertaining episode

It definately does not look amish because that is more of a simple life of 17th century like living and they are not dressed like traditional amish people.

It looks more like they are living as survivalists in the more radical believing anarcho-primitivism (opposing progress of civilization) or a neo-luddism (opposing modern technology).

In fact, some of the promos remind me of the way Ted Kaczynski AKA: The Unabomber was living before his arrest.
    Last edited by biffwestwood; 02-01-2012 at 07:04 PM.

There are two new promos of "At Long Last Leave" at Foxflash...

Now, the episode doesn't look good

Banned

Can someone post those promo links on here?

Small but is the best that I can do !

Thread Information