Season 23 Information Thread
May 10 - Two new episode titles
May 4 - New Season 24 episode with guest stars
Regards to 6F01, biffwestwood, SimpsonArgentina, Oh, that's rasperry!, qwerasdf, That Don Guy, Gran2, McClure, Dark Homer, lionelhutz123, OttoMann14, Blobulle, jbauer, WeaselStomper, MDB, and everyone else who contributes over the next year, helping to keep this thread topped up with the latest information.
The information below is as accurate as when last updated, but could change at any time, so make sure you check this post regularly and we’ll keep it updated with all the latest news concerning the 23rd Season.
Already Aired So Far
Click on an episode's name for a description and its Rate & Review thread.
September 25, 2011 - The Falcon and the D'ohman (NABF16)
October 2, 2011 - Bart Stops to Smell the Roosevelts (NABF17)
October 30, 2011 - Treehouse of Horror XXII (NABF19)
November 6, 2011 - Replaceable You (NABF21)
November 13, 2011 - The Food Wife (NABF20)
November 20, 2011 - The Book Job (NABF22)
November 27, 2011 - The Man in the Blue Flannel Pants (PABF01)
December 4, 2011 - The Ten-Per-Cent Solution (PABF02)
December 11, 2011 - Holidays of Future Passed (NABF18)
January 8, 2012 - Politically Inept with Homer Simpson (PABF03)
January 15, 2012 - The D'oh-cial Network (PABF04)
January 29, 2012 - Moe Goes From Rages to Riches (PABF05)
February 12, 2012 - The Daughter Also Rises (PABF06)
February 19, 2012 - At Long Last Leave (PABF07) *500th episode*
March 4, 2012 - Exit Through the Kwik-E-Mart (PABF09)
March 11, 2012 - How I Wet Your Mother (PABF08)
March 18, 2012 - Them, Robot (PABF10)
April 15, 2012 - Beware My Cheating Bart (PABF11)
April 29, 2012 - A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again (PABF12)
May 6, 2012 - The Spy Who Learned Me (PABF13)
Upcoming Episodes with Confirmed Airdates
Ned 'N' Edna's Blend Agenda - May 13, 2012
When the town of Springfield discovers that Ned (Harry Shearer) and Edna (guest voice Marcia Wallace) have secretly gotten hitched, Marge offers to throw them a congratulatory reception. However, bringing everyone together makes them all realize that no marriage is perfect. Meanwhile, Edna tries to help Ned’s children become more socially acceptable by changing some of the rules.
PABF14 - Lisa Goes Gaga (season finale) - May 20, 2012
Confirmed Guest Stars (without episodes yet)
- Lady Gaga makes a pit stop in Springfield after learning that it’s teeming with low self-esteem, and winds up trying to cheer up a dejected Lisa through the power of speech, song, and a flash mob. [...]America will be treated to a full-on animated extravaGaganza, complete with a Gaga Express train powered by a giant flame-shooting bustier, ample wardrobe changes, and a kiss with… Marge! “I play a little bit of a slut,” quips Gaga. “The apple doesn’t fall far from my artistic tree.” (Entertainment Weekly)
- Lisa tries to reverse her status as one of the least popular girls in school by ghostwriting positive things about herself on the school blog. When her plan backfires, her social ranking plummets to a new low – until a psychic force tells Lady Gaga (guest-starring as herself) that Lisa needs her help. With Gaga’s assistance, Lisa and the entire town of Springfield realize that being yourself is better than being like anyone else. (TV by the Numbers)
- Season 23 is Al Jean's eleventh consecutive season as Executive Producer. Combined with his two years as EP for seasons 3 & 4, he has executive produced half of the episodes of the show.
- As with the IABF production code being missed out thanks to I's similiarity to one, the OABF production code has also been skipped due to o's resemblance to zero.
- There will be plenty more overly long couch gags. (Comic Con)
- "Maggie Simpson may finally get a shot at stardom befitting her age and size." (James L. Brooks)
Around The World
- "We have a story for Halloween next year, 2012, (PABF17) where we're gonna do a Back to the Future-type story with the way Homer met Marge, so then Jon Lovitz would re-appear playing [Artie Ziff], whom Marge ends up with in this alternate future scenario." (YouTube)
- More on the Halloween episode: "'It deals with in no particular order, The Mayan calendar's prophecy of the end of the world, black holes, Paranormal Activity and what would've happened if Homer and Marge hadn't gotten [married],' Jean said." (Bloody Disgusting)
- Steve Carell plays Dan Gillick, an accountant for Fat Tony "who may go from crunching numbers to crunching skulls when he’s put in charge of the mob by Fat Tony while the big boss serves jury duty." (Entertainment Weekly) The episode is titled "Penny Wise-Guys."
- The Fox ‘toon has tapped Fred Armisen and Carrie Brownstein — the stars of IFC’s Portland-influenced comedy series — to lend their voices to an episode set to air next fall (during the show’s 24th season). The duo will play part of a “cool” family that moves from Portland to Springfield and becomes the Simpsons’ new neighbors. Homer desperately tries to befriend them, but Marge is skeptical that being cool isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. The episode is called “The Day the Earth Stayed Cool.” (AV Club)
- "In fact, I’m [Michael Price] writing an episode for next season that, in part, explores the life of Roger Myers, Jr. – the man at the helm of the “Itchy & Scratchy” empire – and his struggle with trying to live up to the memory of his father, who created Itchy & Scratchy (stole them, actually)." (Fruitless Pursuits)
- "Way down the line we’ve got a very touching story involving Homer and the family dog that reduced a room full of jaded comedy writers to tears" (Fruitless Pursuits)
- "One episode he’s currently penning will see Itchy & Scratchy Land close down, which leads to Homer and Bart obtaining a small steam-engine train from the amusement park and restoring it to run in their back yard. This attracts the attention of fellow model-train enthusiasts like Rev. Lovejoy and Comic Book Guy, who at first just want to help out, but then end up taking over." (Channel Guide)
- "Gone Abie Gone" - Jennifer Tilly will make a cameo appearance in an episode as herself, popping up in an instructional DVD that Lisa watches to brush up on her card skills. (It turns out that Homer doesn’t trust banks and has stashed Lisa’s college fund in an online poker site.) (Entertainment Weekly)
- Moonshine River - Writer Tim Long: "[Bart goes] on a romantic pilgrimage and visit the girls that he dated and try to figure out how the hell he screwed things up with each of them… I don’t want to give away too much, but he realizes that maybe there’s something wrong with him after all." Early in the episode, ex-girlfriends from the last decade such as Gina (Sarah Michelle Gellar, season 15), Darcy (Natalie Portman, season 18), Jenny (Anne Hathaway, season 20), and Nikki (Sarah Silverman, season 21) pop up briefly. But when Bart learns that Mary Spuckler (Zooey Deschanel) has relocated to New York, he decides that she’s the one that got away and embarks on a mission to track her down. (As Mary, New Girl’s Deschanel winds up singing an original country ode to Bart.)
- Episode titles with no other information: A Tree Grows in Springfield, Adventures in Baby-Getting, The Changing of the Guardian, A Test Before Trying
For information on upcoming episodes airing across the globe, please see the following threads:
UK Channel 4 and Sky One Discussion Thread
(contains off topic discussion)
For a more detailed list of upcoming episodes see the snpp.com guides, usually updated weekly:
The Copyright Office Catalog
- Titles of upcoming episodes will show up here when they are copyrighted.
- Fox's official resource for press releases and promotional images.
Warning: Bad Media Sources!
Because of consistently false information that these sources have provided in the past, please do not
take information from IMDB
, The Sun/The Star (UK)
, or Wikipedia
seriously. Likewise, fake episode titles/plots and other false information posted will be ignored by the thread starter and the moderators in charge of maintaining this post. Thanks in advance.
Or, if you are still catching up with the previous season, see:
Season 22 Information Thread